Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an (667 Views)

Undergraduate, Suel Ambrose Slumps, Dies Acting Jesus Crucifixion Drama / Nails Used In Christ's Crucifixion Unearthed In A Secret Monastery Chamber (Pix) / Nails Linked To Crucifixion Of Jesus Found With Ancient Bone Embedded Inside(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Abdulgaffar22: 10:28am On Jun 05, 2018
Despite the the fact that ; on the authority of Holy Qur'an 1. Muslims believe in Jesus as a mighty prophet of God (Qur'an19:30).

2. Muslims believe in Jesus miraculous birth (Qur'an21:91)
3. Muslims believe in the all the miracles performed by Jesus during his earthly ministry (Qur'an 5:110) .

4. Muslims believe in Jesus ascension to heaven (Qur'an4:158)

5. Muslims believe in Jesus'2nd coming toward the end of the world (Qur'an 43:57-61)

Yet there are some Christians who insist that Qur'an is a book of lies and deception simply because it rejects Jesus crucifixion (Qur'an 4:157-158), the foundation upon which the edifice of Christianity is erected. However, when you read and understand the major problems associated with doctrine of sin atonement through Jesus crucifixion, then you will realize the reason why Qur'an must reject Jesus crucifixion if the book is really what it claims to be; i:e the word of God. These major problems are explained below.
1. Condemnation of an innocent and righteous soul for the sins he has never committed is illogical and act of injustice that is clearly forbidden in the Bible (Matthew 12:7, Proverb 17:15, Exodus 23:7, Psalm 34:22). Besides, Bible make it clear that any one that is crucified is accursed by God ( Galatians 3:13). How are we to conceive a merciful God putting His beloved prophet under His curse when God of course knew Jesus never did anything wrong? To raise a more controversial question, if it’s true that God’s justice must be appeased by sacrificing his own innocent Son, then don’t we have to conclude that pagans who have throughout history sacrificed their children to appease their gods had the right intuition ?
2. It seems to give the believers a freedom to commit sin without any consequence. Telling the believers that they will no longer be held responsible for all their sins since one innocent man had already been held responsible on their behalf seems to imply that they are now free to commit sins as long as they believe in this atonement sacrifice. In fact, the resurrection of Jesus make this sin atonement doctrine to be even more illogical because if the punishment which Jesus received in place of the sinners is a continuous one and not temporary, then this can make the sinful believers to feel sorry for Jesus and become more remorseful. This may discourage them from committing more sin. But since according to the Christians, Jesus had been resurrected and the punishment received by Jesus in place of the sinners had already ended, then there is no any cause for alarm if the sinful believers in this doctrine seized this opportunity to commit more sins. In fact, one would expect the sinful believers to utilize and maximize this opportunity by committing more sins since the punishment for those sins had already been accomplished by Jesus on the cross in the time past. Have you now seen that atonement of sins through Jesus crucifixion is the most illogical concept you can ever think of!
3. It leaves no room for God's forgiveness. If God needs someone to “pay the price” for sin, does God ever really forgive anyone? Think about it. If you owe me a hundred dollars and I hold you to it unless someone pays me the owed sum, did I really forgive your debt? It seems not, especially since the very concept of forgiveness is about releasing a debt — not collecting it from someone else.
4. Atonement of sins through animal sacrifice and sincere repentance in the Old Testament is sufficient and perfect enough ( see Leviticus 16:21-30 and Ezekiel 33:10-16 ) to make the doctrine of atonement through Jesus crucifixion to be meaningless and unnecessary.
5. Repeatedly, the scriptures make it clear that one person can not die for the sin of another (Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:20-22, 2nd Chronicles 25:4, 2nd Kings 14:6, Jeremiah 31:30, Exodus 32:30-34, Psalm 49:7). Therefore, Jesus cannot die for our sins on the cross at Calvary.
6. Redemption through Jesus death on the cross cannot be actualised in the life of the Old Testament saints (like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah etc) because this redemption work was yet to happen as at that time.Yet these people (who happened to be among the children of Adam) manage to earn their salvation and reconcilation back to God before they die (unless you can show me a biblical verse that claim otherwise). This simply implies that there is alternative way to eternal life for children of Adam other than Jesus crucifixion. Therefore, there is no need for God to curse and condemn his beloved prophet almost naked on the cross before we can earn our salvation.
7. Jesus himself forgave sins freely even though he was yet to be supposedly crucified (Matthew 9:2 ). This again prove to us that God is not in need of Jesus death on the cross before He can forgive our sins.
Please make sure you read the "POINT NUMBER SIX" above again and again. If you understand it very well, then it is enough to make you reject Christianity ( because if there is no Jesus crucifixion, then there is no Christianity) . Then you must accept Islam, the only religion on earth that speak well about Jesus Christ ( peace be upon him) and his mother.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by HallaDaTruth: 10:49am On Jun 05, 2018
It doesn't matter what you think
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Anas09: 11:22am On Jun 05, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Despite the the fact that ; on the authority of Holy Qur'an 1. Muslims believe in Jesus as a mighty prophet of God (Qur'an19:30).

3. Muslims believe in the all the miracles performed by Jesus during his earthly ministry (Qur'an 5:110) .

5. Muslims believe in Jesus'2nd coming toward the end of the world (Qur'an 43:57-61)

Yet there are some Christians who insist that Qur'an is a book of lies and deception simply because it rejects Jesus crucifixion (Qur'an 4:157-158), the foundation upon which the edifice of Christianity is erected. However, when you read and understand the major problems associated with doctrine of sin atonement through Jesus crucifixion, then you will realize the reason why Qur'an must reject Jesus crucifixion if the book is really what it claims to be; i:e the word of God. These major problems are explained below.
1. Condemnation of an innocent and righteous soul for the sins he has never committed is illogical and act of injustice that is clearly forbidden in the Bible (Matthew 12:7, Proverb 17:15, Exodus 23:7, Psalm 34:22). Besides, Bible make it clear that any one that is crucified is accursed by God ( Galatians 3:13). How are we to conceive a merciful God putting His beloved prophet under His curse when God of course knew Jesus never did anything wrong? To raise a more controversial question, if it’s true that God’s justice must be appeased by sacrificing his own innocent Son, then don’t we have to conclude that pagans who have throughout history sacrificed their children to appease their gods had the right intuition ?
2. It seems to give the believers a freedom to commit sin without any consequence. Telling the believers that they will no longer be held responsible for all their sins since one innocent man had already been held responsible on their behalf seems to imply that they are now free to commit sins as long as they believe in this atonement sacrifice. In fact, the resurrection of Jesus make this sin atonement doctrine to be even more illogical because if the punishment which Jesus received in place of the sinners is a continuous one and not temporary, then this can make the sinful believers to feel sorry for Jesus and become more remorseful. This may discourage them from committing more sin. But since according to the Christians, Jesus had been resurrected and the punishment received by Jesus in place of the sinners had already ended, then there is no any cause for alarm if the sinful believers in this doctrine seized this opportunity to commit more sins. In fact, one would expect the sinful believers to utilize and maximize this opportunity by committing more sins since the punishment for those sins had already been accomplished by Jesus on the cross in the time past. Have you now seen that atonement of sins through Jesus crucifixion is the most illogical concept you can ever think of!
3. It leaves no room for God's forgiveness. If God needs someone to “pay the price” for sin, does God ever really forgive anyone? Think about it. If you owe me a hundred dollars and I hold you to it unless someone pays me the owed sum, did I really forgive your debt? It seems not, especially since the very concept of forgiveness is about releasing a debt — not collecting it from someone else.
4. Atonement of sins through animal sacrifice and sincere repentance in the Old Testament is sufficient and perfect enough ( see Leviticus 16:21-30 and Ezekiel 33:10-16 ) to make the doctrine of atonement through Jesus crucifixion to be meaningless and unnecessary.
5. Repeatedly, the scriptures make it clear that one person can not die for the sin of another (Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:20-22, 2nd Chronicles 25:4, 2nd Kings 14:6, Jeremiah 31:30, Exodus 32:30-34, Psalm 49:7). Therefore, Jesus cannot die for our sins on the cross at Calvary.
6. Redemption through Jesus death on the cross cannot be actualised in the life of the Old Testament saints (like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah etc) because this redemption work was yet to happen.Yet these people (who happened to be among the children of Adam) manage to earn their salvation and reconcilation back to God before they die (unless you can show me a biblical verse that claim otherwise). This simply implies that there is alternative way to eternal life for children of Adam other than Jesus crucifixion. Therefore, there is no need for God to curse and condemn his beloved prophet almost naked on the cross before we can earn our salvation.
7. Jesus himself forgave sins freely even though he was yet to be supposedly crucified (Matthew 9:2 ). This again prove to us that God is not in need of Jesus death on the cross before He can forgive our sins.
Please make sure you read the "POINT NUMBER SIX" above again and again. If you understand it very well, then it is enough to make you reject Christianity ( because if there is no Jesus crucifixion, then there is no Christianity) . Then you must accept Islam, the only religion on earth that speak well about Jesus Christ ( peace be upon him) and his mother.

Islam remains a religion fronted by satan. All you mentioned which the muslims believe about Jesus is to keep them from coming to the real Jesus, not the weak caricature Isa of the koran.

Get out of here with your Altigyya.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by enilove(m): 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
@Abdulgaffar22 , what you don't understand is that God's word cannot be changed . When God says something , so shall it be.
God was not lying or joking when he told Abraham in :

Genesis 2:15-17 KJV
And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
[16] And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
[17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Man was not meant to die , man was created by God to live forever , but the sin of disobedience brought death to mankind.
When Adam and Eve sinned , they brought the curse of God on them ( curse of death, painful labour during child bearing, hard labour etc ) which cannot be removed by our holy living or righteousness. That is why everyone dies , no matter who the person is , whether Pastor or Prophet . A curse goes to the blood and as long as you are born of a woman , you have inherited the curse God placed on Adam.

That is the reason all the prophets you mentioned all died because of the curse of death God placed on Adam.
Jesus said :

John 5:24-30 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
[25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
[28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
[30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Also,

John 11:25 KJV
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Those Prophets and other righteous people who lived b4 Jesus came shall live and the wicked shall pass from the grave to damnation as per Verse 29 above.

THE SCRIPTURES ABOVE ARE THE ANSWER TO YOUR NO 6 POINT WHICH YOU REQUESTED.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by enilove(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
Op , you think you know the truth and want to spread the truth , but the truth you think you know is not the truth but a lie .
Your are sincerely wrong.

You have read the Bible and must have come across plenty of scriptures saying "righteous man , holy man , good people , perfect men etc are the ones that shall inherit the kingdom of God. Like the below :

Romans 1:17-19,27-32 KJV
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. [28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

WHAT DOES YOUR QURAN TEACHES ?
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 445:

Narrated Abu Dhar:

The Prophet said, "Gabriel said to me, 'Whoever amongst your followers die without having worshipped others besides Allah, will enter Paradise (or will not enter the (Hell) Fire)." The Prophet asked. "Even if he has committed illegal sexual intercourse or theft?" He replied, "Even then."

THAT IS ISLAM FOR YOU . IT IS YOUR CHOICE , IF YOU LIKE LEAVE THAT RELIGION AND ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST SO THAT YOU CAN LIVE OR CONTINUE WITH IT .
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by enilove(m): 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
Op, there are so many things in the Quran and the hadith's are are enough evidences for you to know Islam and Muhammad are fakes :

Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Qatada:

Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven).

Sexual power instead of healing and deliverance power.

Book 008, Number 3243:

Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported: We were on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and we had no women with us. We said: Should we not have ourselves castrated? He (the Holy Prophet) forbade us to do so He then granted us permission that we should contract temporary marriage for a stipulated period giving her a garment, and 'Abdullah then recited this verse: 'Those who believe do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, and do not transgress. Allah does not like trangressers" (al-Qur'an, v. 87).

If any of the women took in or conceived , would the children be called bastards or temporary children?

Book 008, Number 3309:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (, may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him.

What on earth would make a 52 years old to be attracted to a 6 years old girl , other than the demon of lust and sexual immorality.

Book 008, Number 3425:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hadhaifa, lived with him and his family in their house. She (i. e. the daughter of Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Salim has attained (purbety) as men attain, and he understands what they understand, and he enters our house freely, I, however, perceive that something (rankles) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to her: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the rankling) which Abu Hudhaifa feels in his heart will disappear. She returned and said: So I suckled him, and what (was there) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa disappeared.

Book 008, Number 3426:

Allah SWT says:

وَإِذْ تَقُولُ لِلَّذِىٓ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَأَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِ أَمْسِكْ عَلَيْكَ زَوْجَكَ وَاتَّقِ اللَّهَ وَتُخْفِى فِى نَفْسِكَ مَا اللَّهُ مُبْدِيهِ وَتَخْشَى النَّاسَ وَاللَّهُ أَحَقُّ أَنْ تَخْشٰىهُ ۖ فَلَمَّا قَضٰى زَيْدٌ مِّنْهَا وَطَرًا زَوَّجْنٰكَهَا لِكَىْ لَا يَكُونَ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ حَرَجٌ فِىٓ أَزْوٰجِ أَدْعِيَآئِهِمْ إِذَا قَضَوْا مِنْهُنَّ وَطَرًا ۚ وَكَانَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ مَفْعُولًا
"And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, "Keep your wife and fear Allah," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab: Verse 37)

* Via the Beautiful Qur'an https:///QLwc8B

What kind of revelation do expect from such prophet who was deep into sexual immoralities ,who could not differentiate BTW old and young and could marry his son's wife?
The answer is "satanic revelations " like saying Jesus was not crucified , as if he or Allah were there.
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Yusuf54: 8:33pm On Jun 05, 2018
Anas09:

Islam remains a religion fronted by satan. All you mentioned which the muslims believe about Jesus is to keep them from coming to the real Jesus, not the weak caricature Isa of the koran.

Get out of here with your Altigyya.
Will U shut up,
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Yusuf54: 8:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
enilove:
Op , you think you know the truth and want to spread the truth , but the truth you think you know is not the truth but a lie .
Your are sincerely wrong.

You have read the Bible and must have come across plenty of scriptures saying "righteous man , holy man , good people , perfect men etc are the ones that shall inherit the kingdom of God. Like the below :

Romans 1:17-19,27-32 KJV
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. [28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

WHAT DOES YOUR QURAN TEACHES ?
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 445:

Narrated Abu Dhar:

The Prophet said, "Gabriel said to me, 'Whoever amongst your followers die without having worshipped others besides Allah, will enter Paradise (or will not enter the (Hell) Fire)." The Prophet asked. "Even if he has committed illegal sexual intercourse or theft?" He replied, "Even then."

THAT IS ISLAM FOR YOU . IT IS YOUR CHOICE , IF YOU LIKE LEAVE THAT RELIGION AND ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST SO THAT YOU CAN LIVE OR CONTINUE WITH IT .
Who is this Mumu forming Hadith for ? Jesus no even sabi U gan self
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by enilove(m): 10:43pm On Jun 05, 2018
Yusuf54:
Who is this Mumu forming Hadith for ? Jesus no even sabi U gan self

Abuse or insult can't hide the truth because truth is honest and bitter .

I would like to advice you not to follow those bad teachings in the hadiths :

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 449:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Al-Bara:

The Prophet said to Hassan, "Abuse them (with your poems), and Gabriel is with you (i.e, supports you)." (Through another group of sub narrators) Al-Bara bin Azib said, "On the day of Quraiza's (besiege), Allah's Apostle said to Hassan bin Thabit, 'Abuse them (with your poems), and Gabriel is with you (i.e. supports you).' "
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Abdulgaffar22: 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2018
Mr enilove no amount of hadith you quote can change the falsehood inherent in Christianity to truth. Let me assist you to explain the point number 6 above using premises.
premise 1: Jesus crucifixion was said to occur many years after the death of many Old testament saints (like Abraham, Moses, Isaac, Jacob etc).
Premise 2:Therefore, redemption through Jesus crucifixion cannot be actualized in the life of many Old Testament saints.
Premise 3: But these Old testament saints ( who happened to be among the children of Adam) manage to earn their salvation and reconcilation back to God before they die- unless there is a biblical verse to prove that it was Jesus death on the cross that will make these very people earn their salvation and reconcilation back to God
Premise 4:This implies that there is alternative way to eternal life for the children of Adam other than Jesus crucifixion.
Premise 5: Consequently, there is no need for God of mercy to curse and condemn His beloved prophet on the cross before we can gain eternal life.
Premise 6: Hence, if there is a religious faith which insist that there is need for God to curse and condemn His beloved prophet on the cross before we gain eternal life, then that religious faith must be false
Premise 7: But Christianity is a religious faith which insist that God must curse ( Galatians 3:13) and condemn Jesus on the cross before we can gain eternal life.
Premise 8:Therefore, Christianity must be false
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by enilove(m): 12:59am On Jun 06, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Mr enilove no amount of hadith you quote can change the falsehood inherent in Christianity to truth. Let me assist you to explain the point number 6 above using premises.
premise 1: supposed Jesus crucifixion occurred many years after the death of many Old testament saints (like Abraham, Moses, Isaac, Jacob etc).
Premise 2:Therefore, redemption through Jesus crucifixion cannot be actualized in the life of many Old Testament saints.
Premise 3: But these Old testament saints ( who happened to be among the children of Adam) manage to earn their salvation and reconcilation back to God before they die- unless there is a biblical verse that claim otherwise.
Premise 4:This implies that there is alternative way to eternal life for the children of Adam other than Jesus crucifixion.
Premise 5: Consequently, there is no need for God of mercy to curse and condemn His beloved prophet on the cross before we can gain eternal life.
Premise 6: But Christianity is a religious faith which insist that Jesus must be put to death on the cross before we can gain eternal life.
Premise 7: Therefore, Christianity must be false due to contradiction between premise 5 and premise 6

There is no alternative way to eternal life outside Jesus.

All the old prophets died and are no more . What eternal life did they attain with their holiness ?
What eternal life means is being in this physical body and not die .
Where is it written in the Bible that the old testament prophets attained eternal life ? Are they living today ?

In case you didn't read the scriptures I posted earlier , read :

John 5:24-31 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
[25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
[28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
[30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
[31] If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

There is no more excuse for you , you have read and have been told about sacrifice of death of Jesus for mankind, it is left to you to accept it or not. Jesus said :

John 3:16-19 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Abdulgaffar22: 4:11am On Jun 06, 2018
Sorry to say, you are spiritually blind. Even an average muslim or christian know that Abraham, Moses and the likes have attained eternal life. They are only waiting for this eternal life to commence on the day of ressurrection. You are just confusing everything together. Pls just show me a biblical verse to prove that it was Jesus death on the cross that will make these old testament saints gain their salvation and reconcilation back to God. This is the only one thing you have to do to destroy my argument in point No 6 in my original post. So stop confusing everything together. Hope you get my point.
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by enilove(m): 9:05am On Jun 06, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Sorry to say, you are spiritually blind. Even an average muslim or christian know that Abraham, Moses and the likes have attained eternal life. They are only waiting for this eternal life to commence on the day of ressurrection. You are just confusing everything together. Pls just show me a biblical verse to prove that it was Jesus death on the cross that will make these old testament saints gain their salvation and reconcilation back to God. This is the only one thing you have to do to destroy my argument in point No 6 in my original post. So stop confusing everything together. Hope you get my point.

When did Abraham and Moses attain eternal life , b4 or after death of Jesus ?

John 5:24-25,28-29 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. [25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. [28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, [29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

THIS IS FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT :

Isaiah 53:3-12 KJV
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
[4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
[6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
[7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
[8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
[9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
[10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
[11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
[12] Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

THERE IS NO MUSLIM THAT IS SPIRITUALLY WISE , AS LONG AS HE\SHE REMAINS IN ISLAM.

THE TIME IS COMING WHEN YOU SHALL KNOW WHO IS SPIRITUALLY BLIND AND WHO IS NOT.
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Yusuf54: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2018
enilove:

Abuse or insult can't hide the truth because truth is honest and bitter .

I would like to advice you not to follow those bad teachings in the hadiths :

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 449:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Al-Bara:

The Prophet said to Hassan, "Abuse them (with your poems), and Gabriel is with you (i.e, supports you)." (Through another group of sub narrators) Al-Bara bin Azib said, "On the day of Quraiza's (besiege), Allah's Apostle said to Hassan bin Thabit, 'Abuse them (with your poems), and Gabriel is with you (i.e. supports you).' "

U must be a comedian cos I just dey laff U
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by MightySparrow: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2018
Islam is just a programme of God to raise the Anti - christ for fulfilling Biblical prophecy. The drama is gradually unfolding.
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Anas09: 8:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
Yusuf54:
Will U shut up,
I lie?
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Abdulgaffar22: 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mr enilove you are yet to show me a biblical verse which show clearly that it was Jesus death on the cross that really grant eternal life to the old testaments saints. John 5:24-29 you quoted above is only talking about how the righteous souls will be resurrected from the grave to eternal life based on the believe they have in Jesus as being sent by God; NOT on the believe that Jesus was condemned on the cross for our sins. There is no any mention of Jesus death on the cross in all these verses
Again if you believe that Isaiah 53 was talking about how Jesus will die on the cross so that we can be entitled to divine forgiveness for our sins, then you should know that God has been forgiving sins through sincere repentance many years before Jesus was born talkless of being crucified. See it by yourself; In 2nd Chronicles 7:14, God Almighty says “If My people, who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will FORGIVE THEIR SINS and will heal their land.”. Again in Isaiah 55:7, God Almighty declares; let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thought. Let them turn to the LORD; He will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will FREELY PARDON. Furthermore, in Ezekiel 33: 10-16, God says; “Son of man, say to the Israelites; this is what you are saying: our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of them. How then can we live? Say to them: as surely as I live declares the sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel? Therefore, son of man say to your people… if someone, one who is wicked, REPENTS, that person’s former wickedness will not bring condemnation… And if I say to the wicked person, you will surely die, but they then turn from their sins and do what is just and right…follow the decree that gives life, and do no evil--that person will surely live: they will not die. NONE OF THE SINS that person has committed will be remembered against them. They have done what is just and right; THEY WILL SURELY LIVE”. You can see that God did not ask the wicked sinners to believe in Jesus crucifixion before their sins can be forgiven (or before they can live) in all these verses. What He actually wants from them is sincere repentance from their sinful ways. Therefore, sincere repentance displayed by the Old testament saints will be enough to grant them divine forgiveness for their sins. Hence there is no need for Jesus to be crushed and died for their sins
But if you believe that Isaiah 53 was talking about how Jesus will die on the cross in order to remove our sinful nature so that we can become "immune" to committing sins, then you should know that there is no way for this immunity to be actualized in the life of old testament saints because they have lived and passed away before Jesus died on the cross.
SO IN WHAT WAY EXACTLY DID OLD TESTAMENT SAINTS BENEFIT FROM JESUS DEATH ON THE CROSS ? So if these old testament saints, who happened to be among the children of Adam, can gain eternal life without Jesus crucifixion, then there is alternative way for other children of Adam to also gain eternal life other than Jesus crucifixion. But if you refuse to accept this fact then shows us a biblical verse to prove that these old testament saints were in a state of damnation before Jesus crucifixion and then another verse to prove that they are no longer in this state after Jesus crucifixion.
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Kobojunkiee: 4:43pm On Feb 22
Abdulgaffar22:
Muslims do not believe in Jesus Christ. Rather they believe stories they have been told about it. Jesus Christ said those who believe in Him obey His teachings and commandments, something no Muslim would ever be caught dead doing. Jesus Christ said His Words are everlasting — Unchanging — meaning that no man has power on earth or beyond to change anything He had declared or said. And since Jesus Christ made clear that He was sent by His Father, the God of Israel, only to the Lost sheep of Israel, it makes no difference what a Muslim who does not follow Jesus Christ thinks of the person of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Jesus Crucifixion Reexamined In The Light Of Qur'an by Kobojunkiee: 4:48pm On Feb 22
Abdulgaffar22:
■ Yet there are some Christians who insist that Qur'an is a book of lies and deception simply because it rejects Jesus crucifixion (Qur'an 4:157-158), the foundation upon which the edifice of Christianity is erected. However, when you read and understand the major problems associated with doctrine of sin atonement through Jesus crucifixion, then you will realize the reason why Qur'an must reject Jesus crucifixion if the book is really what it claims to be; i:e the word of God. These major problems are explained below.
Condemnation of an innocent and righteous soul for the sins he has never committed is illogical and act of injustice that is clearly forbidden in the Bible (Matthew 12:7, Proverb 17:15, Exodus 23:7, Psalm 34:22). Besides, Bible make it clear that any one that is crucified is accursed by God ( Galatians 3:13). How are we to conceive a merciful God putting His beloved prophet under His curse when God of course knew Jesus never did anything wrong? To raise a more controversial question, if it’s true that God’s justice must be appeased by sacrificing his own innocent Son, then don’t we have to conclude that pagans who have throughout history sacrificed their children to appease their gods had the right intuition ?
No book claims to be the Word of God though. Scripture is itself not the Word of God. Rather, the one who claimed to be the Word of God — the Word out of God's very own mouth — is Jesus Christ, the one whose crucifixion and resurrection you reject. undecided

2. So, your approach is to condemn Jesus Christ by way of a faulty doctrine that is foreign to Scripture itself, that is your approach? undecided

(1) (Reply)

What's Special Or Beautiful In The Name Of Jesus. What Can The Name Do? / What Exactly Is The Holy Quran? / This ‘prophet’ Is Selling The ‘blood Of Jesus’ In Bottles! See Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.