Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

"Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos (50476 Views)

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by Probz(m): 9:36am On Jun 06, 2018
lexy2014:
Mr IQ pls look at ur english...

Seen. You’re looking worse off whichever way.

1 Like

Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by cyrilamx(m): 10:17am On Jun 06, 2018
OlaoChi:
. Sir the Akans of the Ashanti kingdom held their kingdom for 100 years against the British... 100 years compared to 9 days..
Learn more African history

Ehn.. When a man is the monarch of England he is called king..when a woman it is queen. Same thing basically
if what u say is true, then it could also be tru to say that the Binis held not only the British but Europeans invaders masquerading as explorers/traders for 400 years. yea 400 years from the time of Oba Ozolua in the 14th century when the Portuguese and Dutsch were trying to make incursion into the kingdom.
Also you have to know that the Binis didn't also fight with full strength. The Oba didn't mustered his entire armies. only those who killed the British entourage led by Philip that were asked to go and fight. Again you lied in a subtle form to say one small African country fought the British for a hundred years. Hmmm history has it that the longest war which is 100 yrs was religious war in Europe.
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by Xisnin(m): 10:39am On Jun 06, 2018
Born2Breed:

...and women fought the war? Pick sense!
Mr. Man, this is about why women cannot become an Oba. You need your head examined if you think foot soldiers are more important than the Queen.

1 Like

Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by brodalokie: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2018
postmann:

I don't see the Binis or any other patriarchal monarchy system in Nigeria switching to matriarchal monarchy.

Whatever be the current foundation the males are laying down, doesn't present a valid, spiritually backed opportunity for the female folks to unsurp authority. This is spiritual.

As for Isis, it was never about her. Whatever the myth was. It was about her husband's throne and the rivalry between King Orisis (her husband), her husband's brother and rival to the throne Set, and their son Horus, who later became king.

Your history of Set, Horus and Osiris, where did you get it from? Lol
Drop me the link or paste some texts here
How do you mean the history wasn't about Isis?
Are you referring the the 2015 Hollywood movie called "God of Egypt"?

Listen, I can decode from your post that you're a Christian (the deep responds to itself).
Mind you, I am only talking like this because somebody said the Bini tradition is a prototype of ancient Egyptian culture which is guarded jealously. I am trying to open the eyes of all readers here that, a woman was infact the supreme ruler in that culture, so it can still happen here in that case.. You can see how much the Catholic regard the mother of God in their service... Also there were times the Jews worshipped the Queen of heaven.
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by lexy2014: 10:58am On Jun 06, 2018
Probz:

how am i looking worse off and what's ur IQ by d way?
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by lexy2014: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2018
Probz:

how am I looking worse off and by d way, what's ur IQ?
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by postmann: 11:28am On Jun 06, 2018
brodalokie:

Your history of Set, Horus and Osiris, where did you get it from? Lol
Drop me the link or paste some texts here
How do you mean the history wasn't about Isis?
Are you referring the the 2015 Hollywood movie called "God of Egypt"?

Listen, I can decode from your post that you're a Christian (the deep responds to itself).
Mind you, I am only talking like this because somebody said the Bini tradition is a prototype of ancient Egyptian culture which is guarded jealously. I am trying to open the eyes of all readers here that, a woman was infact the supreme ruler in that culture, so it can still happen here in that case.. You can see how much the Catholic regard the mother of god in their service... Also there were times the Jews worshipped the Queen of heaven.

You make me wonder. It was all about the patriarchal monarchy of ancient Egypt where Isis husband, Orisis reigned as king until he was murdered by his brother, Set who assumed the throne.

Mind you, according to the myth they are all divinities (spirits ). Now Isis, the wife of the slain king, brought the king back to life and they had a son, Set. The purpose was for Orisis to have a successor to the throne. At no one time did Isis assume the position of Pharoah or King or Queen supreme.

She (Isis) being worshiped as part of a deity draws no inference to the subject matter of patriarchal vs matriarchal monarchy.

You're simply out of order juxtaposing them here. If you want to talk about deities, gods and goddesses feel free, but that's not what this topic is all about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by brodalokie: 11:48am On Jun 06, 2018
postmann:

You make me wonder. It was all about the patriarchal monarchy of ancient Egypt where Isis husband, Orisis reigned as king until he was murdered by his brother, Set who assumed the throne.

Mind you, according to the myth they are all divinities (spirits ). Now Isis, the wife of the slain king, brought the king back to life and they had a son, Set. The purpose was for Orisis to have a successor to the throne. At no one time did Isis assumed the position of Pharoah or King or Queen supreme.

She (Isis) being worshiped as part of a diety draws no inference to the subject matter of patriarchal vs matriarchal monarchy.

You're simply out of order juxtaposing them here. If you want to talk about deities, gods and goddesses feel free, but that's not what this topic is all about.

You will be shocked to realize that, Osiris, Horus or Set were the same person. In the real story, he born on December 25th (some say 17th) and was murdered by angry mobs on June 20th and his mother/wife went to the underworld to bring him back. In Greek culture he became the god of the life and death (underworld), depicted as holding a clock on one hand and sickle on the other (reaper or death), he also the person called Saturn in Rome and in another text as Janus (January or Capricorn beginning from December 21 to January 21).
The one that talks about the Queen of heaven most is the version of Tammuz and Ishtar or Nimrod and Semiramis. There you will find that after Tammuz/Nimrod demise, his mother becomes the supreme ruler and goddess and organized the kingdom more than Tammuz.

Matriarchal monarchy is part and passel of tradition.
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by postmann: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
brodalokie:

You will be shocked to realize that, Osiris, Horus or Set were the same person. In the real story, he born on December 25th (some say 17th) and was murdered by angry mobs on June 20th and his mother/wife went to the underworld to bring him back. In Greek culture he became the god of the life and death (underworld), depicted as holding a clock on one hand and sickle on the other (reaper or death), he also the person called Saturn in Rome and in another text as Janus (January or Capricorn beginning from December 21 to January 21).
The one that talks about the Queen of heaven most is the version of Tammuz and Ishtar or Nimrod and Semiramis. There you will find that after Tammuz/Nimrod demise, his mother becomes the supreme ruler and goddess and organized the kingdom more than Tammuz.

Matriarchal monarchy is part and passel of tradition.

Like I said, this is all myth with contradictory and unverifiable accounts.

Culture varries and Matriarchal monarchy do exists in some cultures which are in the very minority, be it in Asia, whether far or near east or middle east or in Africa. But the scope of this topic is limited to the Benin Kingdom.

And as far as divinity goes, the zenith of rulership always have a HE up there with some delegatory lower and less important kingdoms assigned to queens.
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by Born2Breed(f): 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
Xisnin:

Mr. Man, this is about why women cannot become an Oba. You need your head examined if you think foot soldiers are more important than the Queen.

Another confused nitwit
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by brodalokie: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
postmann:

Like I said, this is all myth with contradictory and unverifiable accounts.

Culture varries and Matriarchal monarchy do exists in some cultures which are in the very minority, be it in Asia, whether far or near east or middle east or in Africa. But the scope of this topic is limited to the Benin Kingdom.

And as far as divinity goes, the zenith of rulership always have a HE up there with some delegatory lower and less important kingdoms assigned to queens.

You are using religion eyes to look at a pagan something. Patriarchal monarchy is solely a religious matter.
Ham began idolatry practice and his grandson Nimrod and his wife took it to another level. However, when Nimrod died, his wife took over and became the overall and supreme deity (mother of God). It was a true life story for your information. Brb battery low
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by postmann: 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
brodalokie:

You are using religion eyes to look at a pagan something. Patriarchal monarchy is solely a religious matter.
Ham began idolatry practice and his grandson Nimrod and his wife took it to another level. However, when Nimrod died, his wife took over and became the overall and supreme deity (mother of God). It was a true life story for your information. Brb battery low

LOL

But is there any culture -- earthly culture free from religion? I don't think so. Even paganism is a religion.
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by brodalokie: 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
postmann:

LOL

But is there any culture -- earthly culture free from religion? I don't think so. Even paganism is a religion.

Paganism is an ancient occult grassroot tradition that was born out of rebellion. It is not the original thing.
Do you know who is "the son of perdition"? I want to quickly proof a point..
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by postmann: 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
brodalokie:

Do you know who is "the son of perdition"? I want to quickly proof a point..

The anti-CHRIST, I suppose.
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by brodalokie: 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
postmann:

The anti-CHRIST, I suppose.

Don't be faster than your shadow. grin
Basically the son of perdition is the Antichrist, but originally it is referring to Satan.
Lucifer rebelled in heaven against the living God, the Lord of host, creator of heaven and earth by teaching the angels a false doctrine. Why? He secretly wanted to be like the most high, and for that he was demoted.
Then in the garden of Eden, he comes in the person of the serpent to rebel against the truth again by preaching a false gospel to the woman. Why? God makes Adam god over all things and the serpent new that he could crossbreed with the woman, and Cain was born, he killed Abel because he wanted to be accepted by God instead (again: "I will be like the most high"wink. After the flood destroyed the first world, Noah and his kids and their wives survived. Noah is a prophet of God (priest) but again his younger son Ham rebels (saw his father's unclothedness) and formed an occult religion which has become the tradition of the world till date, but in the midst of it his elder brother Shem had kept their father's faith.
Original is simple but Imposter is very loud.

That said, I think if the binis really know that their ancestor is Ham then they should also accept the fact that a woman ruled then. Unless they're omitting something or reforming the tradition...

Look at this: Jesus had twelve disciples instead of thirteen, that is 12 disciples and one rebel (Judas)
In the old testerment, Moses led twelve tribes on an exodus to the land flowing with milk and honey leaving one behind, the Egyptians (rebellious tribe) lol

Pharaoh thought he knew it all until Moses came back from the bush to confuse him with the original thing.
The Pharisees thought they knew it all until Jesus came and confuse them with the original thing.

Yin and Yan
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by postmann: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
brodalokie:

Don't be faster than your shadow. grin
Basically the son of perdition is the Antichrist, but originally it is referring to Satan.
Lucifer rebelled in heaven against the living God, the Lord of host, creator of heaven and earth by teaching the angels a false doctrine. Why? He secretly wanted to be like the most high, and for that he was demoted.
Then in the garden of Eden, he comes in the person of the serpent to rebel against the truth again by preaching a false gospel to the woman. Why? God makes Adam god over all things and the serpent new that he could crossbreed with the woman, and Cain was born, he killed Abel because he wanted to be accepted by God instead (again: "I will be like the most high"wink. After the flood destroyed the first world, Noah and his kids and their wives survived. Noah is a prophet of God (priest) but again his younger son Ham rebels (saw his father's unclothedness) and formed an occult religion which has become the tradition of the world till date, but in the midst of it his elder brother Shem had kept their father's faith.
Original is simple but Imposter is very loud.

That said, I think if the binis really know that their ancestor is Ham then they should also accept the fact that a woman ruled then. Unless they're omitting something or reforming the tradition...

The moral of your story is hidden in the ambiguity of your true faith.

But there again, why should the Binis trace their origin from Ham and not Adam? Adam was head over all of GOD's earthly creation and his successors have always been his male heirs.

All men except one came from woman but ALL woman came from man.

Lastly, your claim of the serpent crossbreading with Eve is heresy.

Genesis 4 : 1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

I think you practice neo-paganism. No offence.
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by brodalokie: 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
postmann:

The moral of your story is hidden in the ambiguity of your true faith.

But there again, why should the Binis trace their origin from Ham and not Adam? Adam was head over all of GOD's earthly creation and his successors have always been his male heirs.

All men except one came from woman but ALL woman came from man.

Lastly, your claim of the serpent crossbreading with Eve is heresy.

Genesis 4 : 1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

I think you practice neo-paganism. No offence.

In this present world we have now all races come from three brothers, sons of Noah and we Africans are Hamites.
The Bible is a coded book. There are secrets all over the Bible. It speaks of our entire program till next new world.
Read, Amos 3:7 and you will find out that God has secrets and only prophets know them.

Have you seen a talking serpent before?
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by OlaoChi: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
cyrilamx:
if what u say is true, then it could also be tru to say that the Binis held not only the British but Europeans invaders masquerading as explorers/traders for 400 years. yea 400 years from the time of Oba Ozolua in the 14th century when the Portuguese and Dutsch were trying to make incursion into the kingdom.
Also you have to know that the Binis didn't also fight with full strength. The Oba didn't mustered his entire armies. only those who killed the British entourage led by Philip that were asked to go and fight. Again you lied in a subtle form to say one small African country fought the British for a hundred years. Hmmm history has it that the longest war which is 100 yrs was religious war in Europe.

Trade with Europeans for 400 years is not war. The war(a single battle) lasted 9 days
Asante fought the British 5 times (5 different long wars) over the span of 100 years and kept their indepence until the last battle

I noticed bini people are willingly ignorant about Africa just to remain in a false sense of greatness.
Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheUbermensch:
Women should be seen but never heard.

Yes starting with your low grade mother...

Re: "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos by TheUbermensch: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
GodBlessMe4Life:

Yes starting with your low grade mother...
Mynd44 Rule 2.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA / Part Of Igbo Land Where You Mustn’t Kill A Python / Ooni Ogunwusi Launches Nigerian-Made Buses For Mass Transit - Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.