Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! (10928 Views)

Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / Another Nigerian Man Takes A Nap With His Car In The Middle Of Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by InvertedHammer: 6:30am On Aug 04, 2018
radautoworks:

That is not a common scenario and again, that statement is not correct. The factory warranty on new vehicles only covers engine and drivetrain and only when not abused and maintenance schedule was adhered to religiously. Miss one and your factory warranty is no good. Everything else is your responsibility. Very few brands come with maintenance schedule so yes, maintenance is a big cost especially when purchasing pre-owned

The TV example is not appropriate because TV's typically have zero maintenance costs. A generator perhaps would be a better comparison.

Again, we are talking about majority of the time. There are always exceptions.

On a brand new vehicle, you would have insurance, oil changes, tires, battery, brakes, tune-up and if you're unlucky ac expenses in those first five years. That's what people don't factor into TCO and when some of these come up, you get the 'I'll let it go back' guy especially when they were already stretched by their monthly payments.

Hyundai has the longest warranty out there. Here is a link for you to see exactly what I'm talking about. I included an excerpt if you don't feel like clicking over. Warranty does not equal maintenance free. I had to explain that to each customer that bought a car back in the day.

https://www.hyundaiofcoolsprings.com/hyundai-warranty.htm

/
Entertain yourself.

If I have to go through this length to explain the little concept of reposession of vehicles (which you can easily learn on Google), it means you are in it for the attention.

I said ' no major out-of-pocket" expenses and you are listing minor maintenances in a car. Knock yourself out. I refuse to believe that you are this daft. Take care.

/
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by EngRichie: 9:11am On Aug 04, 2018
Nice write up. Kindly educate me on the phrase "normal use" because I am thinking that there is fraud in the use of that phase by manufacturers.

If every other thing is normally in place and I get a powertrain defect by sustaining the highest speed possible over a prolonged period, can that be considered normal use or not?

Regards.

radautoworks:

That is not a common scenario and again, that statement is not correct. The factory warranty on new vehicles only covers engine and drivetrain and only when not abused and maintenance schedule was adhered to religiously. Miss one and your factory warranty is no good. Everything else is your responsibility. Very few brands come with maintenance schedule so yes, maintenance is a big cost especially when purchasing pre-owned

The TV example is not appropriate because TV's typically have zero maintenance costs. A generator perhaps would be a better comparison.

Again, we are talking about majority of the time. There are always exceptions.

On a brand new vehicle, you would have insurance, oil changes, tires, battery, brakes, tune-up and if you're unlucky ac expenses in those first five years. That's what people don't factor into TCO and when some of these come up, you get the 'I'll let it go back' guy especially when they were already stretched by their monthly payments.

Hyundai has the longest warranty out there. Here is a link for you to see exactly what I'm talking about. I included an excerpt if you don't feel like clicking over. Warranty does not equal maintenance free. I had to explain that to each customer that bought a car back in the day.

https://www.hyundaiofcoolsprings.com/hyundai-warranty.htm
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Entertain yourself.

If I have to go through this length to explain the little concept of reposession of vehicles (which you can easily learn on Google), it means you are in it for the attention.

I said ' no major out-of-pocket" expenses and you are listing minor maintenances in a car. Knock yourself out. I refuse to believe that you are this daft. Take care.

/

A tune up on the average car is about $250 and ac jobs (especially compressor related) are typically about $600 up. Those are not minor maintenance. Repos were part of my JOB twice and I heard the reasons why both when I worked in Auto finance and owned a repair shop so unless you have more experience than that, I'm not sure why you insist on arguing.

https://roadloans.com/blog/car-repossession-how-it-works

I have provided facts to back up what I'm saying but you've only provided your opinion and insults.

You do know that insults are a sign of ignorance right? smiley

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by thebigkendo(m): 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
radautoworks:

A tune up on the average car is about $250 and ac jobs (especially compressor related) are really $600 up. Those are not minor maintenance. I have provided facts to back up what I'm saying but you've only provided your opinion.

You do know that insults are a sign of ignorance right?
smiley

Exactly.. I detest people who can't argue on a subject matter without throwing insults

4 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
EngRichie:
Nice write up. Kindly educate me on the phrase "normal use" because I am thinking that there is fraud in the use of that phase by manufacturers.

If every other thing is normally in place and I get a powertrain defect by sustaining the highest speed possible over a prolonged period, can that be considered normal use or not?

Regards.

Well, not exactly fraud but language to protect themselves. Your example would not be considered normal use except maybe you bought a car specifically designed to be used under those conditions...

E.g. if you intentionally took a Wrangler Rubicon off roading through the most insane terrain you could find for a month and broke something in the drivetrain, it would not be considered abuse because that was the manufacturers promise use. Do that with a Corolla however and umm...

Sustaining highest speed possible over prolonged periods would be seen as abuse (and also illegal) I would imagine. I suspect in the owner and maintenance manual of the vehicle it would mention something about engine care and recommended activities. This is where a lawyer would come in.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by InvertedHammer: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
radautoworks:

A tune up on the average car is about $250 and ac jobs (especially compressor related) are typically about $600 up. Those are not minor maintenance. Repos were part of my JOB twice and I heard the reasons why both when I worked in Auto finance and owned a repair shop so unless you have more experience than that, I'm not sure why you insist on arguing.

https://roadloans.com/blog/car-repossession-how-it-works

I have provided facts to back up what I'm saying but you've only provided your opinion and insults.

You do know that insults are a sign of ignorance right? smiley

/
You are treating symptoms instead of the ailments.

That is your problem.

/
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by valarinz: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
thebigkendo:

Exactly.. I detest people who can't argue on a subject matter without throwing insults

Not so true, this your comment

From the look of things, you don't detest our resident vin high monk angry
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by thebigkendo(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
valarinz:

Not so true, this your comment

From the look of things, you don't detest our resident vin high monk angry

Oga volvo have I ever insulted you?
And am sure so many times in our discussions I have mentioned Cosplay insults as the issue I have with his way.

NB it has come to my notice the resident Vin High monk no longer does that self.. So it's like he/she has changed for the better but you still dey carrying his/her matter for head grin grin grin

Find attached an excerpt your volvo gang whatsapp episode??

2 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by valarinz: 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2018
thebigkendo:

Oga volvo have I ever insulted you?
And am sure so many times in our discussions I have mentioned Cosplay insults as the issue I have with his way.

NB it has come to my notice the resident Vin High monk no longer does that self.. So it's like he/she has changed for the better but you still dey carrying his/her matter for head grin grin grin

Find attached an excerpt your volvo gang whatsapp episode??

Haba na, I never said you insulted me na, was just being a lil cocky with you, no take am serious abeg.

Besides , Volvo gang?? Is that what you really think? How come even one member of that "gang" haven't come to NL to gang up with me against you or anyone, even on that thread when our group was wrongly accused?

I think you guys should just relax on this NL Sha, contrary to what you might think, life doesn't begin and end on NL, it's only but a very tiny percentage of our daily lives(maybe for me Sha).

It should also be obvious the reason why I carry Cosplay matter for head, he crossed the line with the personal Insults and is yet to make any pretence of a form of an apology

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by thebigkendo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
valarinz:

Haba na, I never said you insulted me na, was just being a lil cocky with you, no take am serious abeg.

Besides , Volvo gang?? Is that what you really think? How come even one member of that "gang" haven't come to NL to gang up with me against you or anyone, even on that thread when our group was wrongly accused?

I think you guys should just relax on this NL Sha, contrary to what you might think, life doesn't begin and end on NL, it's only but a very tiny percentage of our daily lives(maybe for me Sha).

It should also be obvious the reason why I carry Cosplay matter for head, he crossed the line with the personal Insults and is yet to make any pretence of a form of an apology

Sometimes it's hard to. Decode when you are on your cocky mode or serious mode grin grin grin
I believe one day sha!!! he/she will apologize for the personal insult to you..

Come and watch film over at GAZZ's grin
https://www.nairaland.com/4656373/when-it-time-return-factory/3#69989559

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by diportivo: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
thebigkendo:

well

I choose to argue with u tonite

and I wanna end it by saying you are mad grin

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by thebigkendo(m): 9:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
diportivo:

well

I choose to argue with u tonite

and I wanna end it by saying you are mad grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7406130_img20180628083647_jpegb2df02644a037d7885dfb656c9da5521

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 6:29am On Aug 05, 2018
You know you guys are my main source of entertainment while on maternity leave? I learn a lot about Naija mentality from you guys. Maybe soon my friends will stop calling me a fake Nigerian!

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by EwuOjota: 6:48am On Aug 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I do not owe you a service. Open a thread. You are not a paying customer.

This guy is arrogant and I don't like him.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by EwuOjota: 6:51am On Aug 23, 2018
Been following these threads for Auto since yesterday.

To the car Gurus here. Where is a good place in Lagos that you can service an Infiniti QX80?

Directions here will be appreciated.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by weyreypey: 8:20am On Aug 23, 2018
EwuOjota:
Been following these threads for Auto since yesterday.

To the car Gurus here. Where is a good place in Lagos that you can service an Infiniti QX80?

Directions here will be appreciated.
Cc
Radautoworks

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by EwuOjota: 8:29am On Aug 23, 2018
weyreypey:

Cc
Radautoworks

Thanks.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:10am On Aug 23, 2018
EwuOjota:

Thanks.

this ur moniker though.....
and u lived thru the sallah festival? lolz

3 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

Him prize high, normal ewu dey go for 30k this one tag nah from 9000000000 millions. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
weyreypey:

Cc
Radautoworks

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by larrypourl(m): 1:23am On Jul 06, 2019
NobleEngineer:
So guys, I have fixed the fan connection, now the fan no longer operate directly but comes on as default setting.
So today while in a heavy traffic I noticed the outdoor temperature guage shows just "E".
pls who sabi why it is so kindly find attached.

Happy weekend bro. Please I need your contact.
Thanks.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 8:11pm On Jul 06, 2019
EwuOjota:

This guy is arrogant and I don't like him.
Bia, U just know now, ?? Good morning

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Nah digital goat and nah Y2k compliant grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby / I Want To Change A Right-hand Drive Truck To Left-hand Drive-any Recommendation? / Car Parts: Brand New Vs Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.