Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! (10933 Views)

Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / Another Nigerian Man Takes A Nap With His Car In The Middle Of Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
smellingmenses:
ofe owerri and orijin ..you know location.

baddest..... u badt gan..... u r the worst market for taunts..

chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

lolz ofe owerri with enough snail and stock fish..... I miss o town

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by smellingmenses: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
what can I say.... anyways I am going to engage in a ban-able activity...so this moniker maybe going away for a looong while....cheers.

obekediamondfuto:

baddest..... u badt gan..... u r the worst market for taunts..

chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

lolz ofe owerri with enough snail and stock fish..... I miss o town
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by LUDATRAVELS(m): 7:42am On Jul 31, 2018
smellingmenses:
what can I say.... anyways I am going to engage in a ban-able activity...so this moniker maybe going away for a looong while....cheers.

Your moniker made me want to puke.Are u sure u are not cursed for choosing such a disgusting label.
I wish you just fade away for good . shocked

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
LUDATRAVELS:

Your moniker made me want to puke.Are u sure u are not cursed for choosing such a disgusting label.
I wish you just fade away for good . shocked

lolz, y u taking it personal..... its yucky and messy if u reason am so we just try not to even look @ the moniker
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

baba after this one, some other groupie are saying u r an APC member always advocating for change..... abeg is this true or this is a soft drink seller on spree that has come to augment the gala

lolz....
finally some fireeeeeeeeeeeeeweeeeeeeee in car talk..... I Don tire for romance section....

zimdrill and lexusgs430 come back to cartalk

The cartalk is dead full of adverts and spam adverts

moderator are just watching it die

3 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by johnabraham: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
@Gazzuzz and proud and cocky.......... can never happen. he is so composed and humble in his talks and with so balanced mentality........... yes he might be busy and answer you in a hurry but can never be rude or abuse someone................. in my last over 2 years of dealings with him i have never seen him being rude to someone...... i have been to his workshop severally and also seen his employees being well mannered and organised. i have never seen a auto technician whose work is so systematic and workshop so arranged...... people have several options to reach him for free consultancy and he has never for 1 day stopped responding to those. its just that some people are adamant to tarnish his image wherever they get a slightest chance to do so...... he is someone who will do some minor repairs free of cost instead of scaring customers and making them cough thousands.... he is someone who will even compromise his family time on sundays to make sure that his customers are not stranded without a vehicle and are always happy and some people are calling him all sort of names each time i meet him, i learn something new from him about vehicles and life in general and i pray and firmly believe that one day he will have the best and most modern workshop in Nigeria.....

nwanneni:
proud and cocky as usual.please at least tell this forum how I was rude to you on the phone.
I have a competent mechanic who does well,but this issue proved to be beyond his expertise,after I left his office,thesame issue broke out on the way and I thought i should seek a second opinion,who else but gazzuzz.
Our conversation was thus;gazzuzz,how far(which is common btw Nigerian youths).I am experiencing......
What did you do after that?you hung up.
now tell me who the troll here is because I really think it is you,mightier than thou.

2 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
johnabraham:
@Gazzuzz and proud and cocky.......... can never happen. he is so composed and humble in his talks and with so balanced mentality........... yes he might be busy and answer you in a hurry but can never be rude or abuse someone................. in my last over 2 years of dealings with him i have never seen him being rude to someone...... i have been to his workshop severally and also seen his employees being well mannered and organised. i have never seen a auto technician whose work is so systematic and workshop so arranged...... people have several options to reach him for free consultancy and he has never for 1 day stopped responding to those. its just that some people are adamant to tarnish his image wherever they get a slightest chance to do so...... he is someone who will do some minor repairs free of cost instead of scaring customers and making them cough thousands.... he is someone who will even compromise his family time on sundays to make sure that his customers are not stranded without a vehicle and are always happy and some people are calling him all sort of names each time i meet him, i learn something new from him about vehicles and life in general and i pray and firmly believe that one day he will have the best and most modern workshop in Nigeria.....

issue has been settled,please take your logic elsewhere

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by johnabraham: 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
then admit it publicly...

nwanneni:
issue has been settled,please take your logic elsewhere
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
johnabraham:
then admit it publicly...

fuckkkk you.son of a bitch!
Do i owe you any explanation?what rubbish!
Die slow,motherfucker

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by smellingmenses: 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
you are wrong... I entered NL to see 9 mentions from gazzuzz all based on paranoia and fake news.

johnabraham:

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by johnabraham: 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
smiley smiley smiley

nwanneni:
fuckkkk you.son of a bitch!
Do i owe you any explanation?what rubbish!
Die slow,motherfucker

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by InvertedHammer: 3:07am On Aug 02, 2018
Eking:

I bought the car as tokunbo.. Came with green coolant. I read its not good to mix green and pink coolants. At the same time I don't know any good Mech in Warri that can flush the whole green coolant from my car, that's why I wanted to continue with the green coolant
/
Tokunbo vehicles were driven by humans who might not be knowledgeable about cars. Folks to go Walmart/Autozone/PEP Boys and pick the cheapest brand they can afford (mostly greenish). There are "mom and pops" mechanic shops as well as DIYers abroad. 95% of the time, I have used the green coolant in just about every vehicle I had driven without issues. You do not necessarily have to follow every recommendation by the manufacturer (especially Japanese cars) which are not usually high maintenance. More often than not, proprietary auto parts are rip-offs.

It may be that what they are selling in Nigeria may be adulterated or something else. Who knows?

/

3 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Tokunbo vehicles were driven by humans who might not be knowledgeable about cars. Folks to go Walmart/Autozone/PEP Boys and pick the cheapest brand they can afford (mostly greenish). There are "mom and pops" mechanic shops as well as DIYers abroad. 95% of the time, I have used the green coolant in just about every vehicle I had driven without issues. You do not necessarily have to follow every recommendation by the manufacturer (especially Japanese cars) which are not usually high maintenance. More often than not, proprietary auto parts are rip-offs.

It may be that what they are selling in Nigeria may be adulterated or something else. Who knows?

/

Agree to disagree
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by InvertedHammer: 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2018
radautoworks:

Agree to disagree

Understandable. Ever heard of OEM? There are some parts that you want from a dealership and they tell you that the company doesn't make that anymore. Once the five years warranty on a vehicle runs out, an average American car owner dreads going to the dealership for parts/repairs.

Do you expect the cost of changing brake pads to be the same at Coscharis when compared to Gazzuz? You may end up getting the same quality of service. Don't let the banners and fancy waiting rooms fool you.

Repo (repossession for inability to pay) is a very big business in US. Do you think anyone who is unable to afford to pay for a vehicle can afford top-notch maintenance on the same vehicle? Oyibo people are humans too.

/
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
InvertedHammer:

Understandable. Ever heard of OEM? There are some parts that you want from a dealership and they tell you that the company doesn't make that anymore. Once the five years warranty on a vehicle runs out, an average American car owner dreads going to the dealership for parts/repairs.

Do you expect the cost of changing brake pads to be the same at Coscharis when compared to Gazzuz? You may end up getting the same quality of service. Don't let the banners and fancy waiting rooms fool you.

Repo (repossession for inability to pay) is a very big business in US. Do you think anyone who is unable to afford to pay for a vehicle can afford top-notch maintenance on the same vehicle? Oyibo people are humans too.

/

You haven't looked at our profile have you? grin

Repairs start before five year warranty. It's only in drivetrain defects. Everything else is owner's responsibility.

In answer to pricing, you really should look at my profile smiley good work does not have to cost an arm and a leg.

Repo happens not because people can't afford cars. It's that they don't factor in maintenance and full cost of car ownership and once something goes bad, they let the car go back rather than fix it. I know because I've worked in all three industries. Car sales, car finance and Auto repair.

For someone who wants to own a car for lowest cost, routine maintenance with OEM or to notch parts saves you lot of headache down the road. Nigerians choose to use N2,000 engine oil and then have to replace 150k engine. The correct thing is to use N7,000 engine oil and need no engine.

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 5:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
radautoworks:

Repairs start before five year warranty. It's only in drivetrain defects. Everything else is owner's responsibility.

In answer to pricing, you really should look at my profile smiley good work does not have to cost an arm and a leg.

Repo happens not because people can't afford cars. It's that they don't factor in maintenance and full cost of car ownership and once something goes bad, they let the car go back rather than fix it. I know because I've worked in all three industries. Car sales, car finance and Auto repair.

For someone who wants to own a car for lowest cost, routine maintenance with OEM or to notch parts saves you lot of headache down the road. Nigerians choose to use N2,000 engine oil and then have to replace 150k engine. The correct thing is to use N7,000 engine oil and need no engine.

I agree with the last line you wrote,.The Oil bit makes me laugh anytime I visit a service Lub bay in 9ja grin ;Different brand of cars .One oil container for all ahah

3 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by InvertedHammer: 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
radautoworks:

Repo happens not because people can't afford cars.
It's that they don't factor in maintenance and full cost of car ownership and once something goes bad, they let the car go back rather than fix it. I know because I've worked in all three industries. Car sales, car finance and Auto repair.

/
Anyone else can educate this fella?

I'm done.

/
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
radautoworks:

lady,u can argue.
I think what u need right now is a chilled bottle of belaire on a boat heading for nowhere
Care to share with me?
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by asamwababy: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
This woman you are just too much.

The engine oil part is so hilarious.

When you say buy oil from GaZzuz they will be speaking grammar but to replace engine no dey hard us.

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

I'm done.

/

By all means, please do. I'm just speaking from experience. Before you do though, don't stop at the bold because it is coupled with an entire paragraph.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
nwanneni:
lady,u can argue.
I think what u need right now is a chilled bottle of belaire on a boat heading for nowhere
Care to share with me?

But I'm already on vacation... And I don't drink
maybe that's the problem.

Seriouslyy though nwanneni, you're going to make my husband jealous with the attention you pay me wink

2 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

I'm done.

/
You might know something different. We are all here to teach and be taught right?

As a matter of fact, there is someone on the thread right now who has been wanting to buy a car. All the advice he's been getting was about buying the car. I have been stressing to him that is just the beginning. If he can't afford the maintenance, he shouldn't be buying a car. THAT is how most repos happen from my years of experience.

Yes, sometimes it's because someone couldn't even afford the actual car in the first place but financing qualifications reduce that to a minimum. It's the total cost of ownership that is usually the killer.

Egunmogaji, your thoughts? As far as I know, you're the one with experience on this topic.

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 9:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
nwanneni:
lady,u can argue.
Care to share with me?

I'd probably argue less if the facts had me wrong more often undecided when I'm not sure, I STFU.

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
asamwababy:
This woman you are just too much.

The engine oil part is so hilarious.

When you say buy oil from GaZzuz they will be speaking grammar but to replace engine no dey hard us.

Just keeping it 100.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
radautoworks:

But I'm already on vacation... And I don't drink
maybe that's the problem.

Seriouslyy though nwanneni, you're going to make my husband jealous with the attention you pay me wink

husband
embarassed i will work something out.since u don't like champagne,why don't i take you on on something smoother? wink
And oh,i am not about to make you fall for me though,just a friendly pampering.i don't do married chicks
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

/

Some, not all, products are for sure.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
radautoworks:

You might know something different. We are all here to teach and be taught right?

As a matter of fact, there is someone on the thread right now who has been wanting to buy a car. All the advice he's been getting was about buying the car. I have been stressing to him that is just the beginning. If he can't afford the maintenance, he shouldn't be buying a car. THAT is how most repos happen from my years of experience.

Yes, sometimes it's because someone couldn't even afford the actual car in the first place but financing qualifications reduce that to a minimum. It's the total cost of ownership that is usually the killer.

Egunmogaji, your thoughts? As far as I know, you're the one with experience on this topic.

I was shocked to read that some stealer ships offers 10 year financing on new vehicles. 10 years? That's like buying a house shocked

Of course the car will look affordable but when you factor insurance, etc

I had a coworker that went into shock when it was time to change the tires on his Hummer. They weren't $80 per tire that he was used to on his Sentra.

I fancy LX470 currently but I know the 10MPG needs to be carefully considered as part of the TCO.

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by InvertedHammer: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
radautoworks:

By all means, please do. I'm just speaking from experience. Before you do though, don't stop at the bold because it is coupled with an entire paragraph.

Let me take one more stab at it.

You walk into a dealership with stellar credit report. You put some money as down payment and sign some documents for $500/month for 5 years. 15 months down the line, you lose your job or some unplanned circumstances happen and you are unable to keep up the payments. The car dealership needs their money and do not care about the "story of your life". Every attempt to collect from you fails because you don't have enough disposable income to meet your obligations. They call on the REPO man to get the car back to cut on their losses from the bad deal they made with you. That's how repossession happens. Have you noticed that there is no discussion about maintenance here. My argument is that whoever has his/her back against the wall against car note may not be in the best position to maintain the same car knowing that it will be taken back anytime.

Repo happens because of the customer's inability or unwillingness to meet the payment obligations on a vehicle.

Side note: They do reposses yatchs, private planes, helicopters too. And don't forget default on mortgage, there goes your house. Some American celebrities have had their high-end vehicles repossessed in recent times.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2018
InvertedHammer:

Let me take one more stab at it.

You walk into a dealership with stellar credit report. You put some money as down payment and sign some documents for $500/month for 5 years. 15 months down the line, you lose your job or some unplanned circumstances happen and you are unable to keep up the payments. The car dealership needs their money and do not care about the "story of your life". Every attempt to collect from you fails because you don't have enough disposable income to meet your obligations. They call on the REPO man to get the car back to cut on their losses from the bad deal they made with you. That's how repossession happens. Have you noticed that there is no discussion about maintenance here. My argument is that whoever has his/her back against the wall against car note may not be in the best position to maintain the same car knowing that it will be taken back anytime.

Repo happens because of the customer's inability or unwillingness to meet the payment obligations on a vehicle.

Side note: They do reposses yatchs, private planes, helicopters too. And don't forget default on mortgage, there goes your house. Some American celebrities have had their high-end vehicles repossessed in recent times.

I'm not sure that disagrees with what I said. You can barely afford it, how do you maintain it. I've had recently bought cars abandoned at our shop because maintenance/repair costs. They will literally tell you "oh, I ain't finna pay that. Imma just let it go back".

Totally agree with you but I had a feeling that's where you were headed that's why I asked you to consider the entire paragraph. If you notice, I said most. That's also part of violating the golden rule. You should have six months of expenses in your savings for situations like that or you're living beyond your means.

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I was shocked to read that some stealer ships offers 10 year financing on new vehicles. 10 years? That's like buying a house shocked

Of course the car will look affordable but when you factor insurance, etc

I had a coworker that went into shock when it was time to change the tires on his Hummer. They weren't $80 per tire that he was used to on his Sentra.

I fancy LX470 currently but I know the 10MPG needs to be carefully considered as par too the TCO.

Well said

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by InvertedHammer: 2:12am On Aug 04, 2018
radautoworks:

I'm not sure that disagrees with what I said. You can barely afford it, how do you maintain it. I've had recently bought cars abandoned at our shop because maintenance/repair costs. They will literally tell you "oh, I ain't finna pay that. Imma just let it go back".

Totally agree with you but I had a feeling that's where you were headed that's why I asked you to consider the entire paragraph. If you notice, I said most. That's also part of violating the golden rule. You should have six months of expenses in your savings for situations like that or you're living beyond your means.
/
If you have a windfall and buy a new car with 5 years factory warranty and maintenance schedule, there is no major out-of-pocket cost to maintain the car. You just cannot afford the monthly payments. That's all. People don't think 5 years contract at $500/month is a lot until it comes down to payments. Financial situations do change.

If you sell your TV to your neighbour for N40k and he gives you N10k with the promise to pay N2k/ month for the next 15months. After 6 months, he refuses to pay (either bc he has no money or just loves to owe money), and you decide to take your TV back. That's reposession(repo) of your property. Whether he is able to repair the TV or not is not the primary issue. The main issue is inability to pay. There are many factors responsible for the inability to pay which creditors couldn't care less to know.
/
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 4:16am On Aug 04, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
If you have a windfall and buy a new car with 5 years factory warranty and maintenance schedule, there is no major out-of-pocket cost to maintain the car. You just cannot afford the monthly payments. That's all. People don't think 5 years contract at $500/month is a lot until it comes down to payments. Financial situations do change.

If you sell your TV to your neighbour for N40k and he gives you N10k with the promise to pay N2k/ month for the next 15months. After 6 months, he refuses to pay (either bc he has no money or just loves to owe money), and you decide to take your TV back. That's reposession(repo) of your property. Whether he is able to repair the TV or not is not the primary issue. The main issue is inability to pay. There are many factors responsible for the inability to pay which creditors couldn't care less to know.
/

That is not a common scenario and again, that statement is not correct. The factory warranty on new vehicles only covers engine and drivetrain and only when not abused and maintenance schedule was adhered to religiously. Miss one and your factory warranty is no good. Everything else is your responsibility. Very few brands come with maintenance schedule so yes, maintenance is a big cost especially when purchasing pre-owned

The TV example is not appropriate because TV's typically have zero maintenance costs. A generator perhaps would be a better comparison.

Again, we are talking about majority of the time. There are always exceptions.

On a brand new vehicle, you would have insurance, oil changes, tires, battery, brakes, tune-up and if you're unlucky ac expenses in those first five years. That's what people don't factor into TCO and when some of these come up, you get the 'I'll let it go back' guy especially when they were already stretched by their monthly payments.

Hyundai has the longest warranty out there. Here is a link for you to see exactly what I'm talking about. I included an excerpt if you don't feel like clicking over. Warranty does not equal maintenance free. I had to explain that to each customer that bought a car back in the day.

https://www.hyundaiofcoolsprings.com/hyundai-warranty.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want To Change A Right-hand Drive Truck To Left-hand Drive-any Recommendation? / Car Parts: Brand New Vs Tokunbo / Traffic Violations In Lagos State Attract Ridiculous Fines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.