Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (26321 Views)

Man Arrested For Overtaking Ugandan's Vice President's Convoy (photos) / Cameroon Fires Two Army Officers After Boko Haram raids! / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Ojame(m): 7:00am On May 31, 2010
So, we learn this morning that the sea convoy attempting to provide 10 tonnes of much needed aid to the inhabitants of Gaza is fired on in international waters and many die as a result.
Already, Turkey summons the Israeli Ambassador and protests take place outside the Israeli consulate.
What's your take on this? Has Israel gone too far? Were they (Israel) within their rights to take such action? Have they broken international law? Should other countries (noticeably silent at the moment) follow Turkey's lead? Is it time to demand for sanctions and the Isolation of Israel?

Look forward to a constructive discussion on this matter. Ready, steady, go,
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by SLIGHT(m): 7:27am On May 31, 2010
The aid convoy were warned by the israeli navy of d conseq. Of trying to bypass d blockade,so they (aid convoy) should hv shown restraint, israel is wrong to have fired on the unarmed aid convoy.its really preposterous. I hereby call on total international condemnation of this despicable act starting frm d nigerian president goodluck jonathan
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by otokx(m): 7:34am On May 31, 2010
This does not concern us and should be moved to the appropriate section.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by edoyad(m): 7:42am On May 31, 2010
This is foreign section material but i think Israel have gone too far this time. WTF !! I'm sorry to say it but may be Ahmedinajat isn't the bad guy in all this, he's been warning us of this zionist extremism for long.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Ojame(m): 7:49am On May 31, 2010
Ok. Have moved this topic to foreign affairs, but I do believe it concerns us all as a community of global citizens. Besides,with all due respect, it doesn't say that only 'local' politics goes on this thread. grin
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 7:52am On May 31, 2010
Is isreal d only country on earth?I support Ahmerdinajad,isreal shld b wipe off d map,inshort all d middle eastern countries shld follow suit 4 peace 2 reign
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by udezue(m): 8:02am On May 31, 2010
Non of our business.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by edoyad(m): 8:05am On May 31, 2010
Israeli commandoes landed on the vessels from helicopters, and though they didn't encounter fire they responded to the aggressiveness they men on board by opening fire on unarmed humanitarians. If the so called international will not condemn and punish this action, then i will never support anything any of them says against Nigeria's govt whether corrupt or not.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Chiddysville(m): 8:24am On May 31, 2010
edoyad,
Were you there? Or you are just hooked up to propaganda? Have you heard the isreali's side of the story. Can you really vouch for the contents of the ship? Don't you know that any serious nation would do anything to protect itself? What if there are weapons on the ship?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by deor03(m): 8:29am On May 31, 2010
Chiddysville:

edoyad,
Were you there? Or you are just hooked up to propaganda? Have you heard the isreali's side of the story. Can you really vouch for the contents of the ship? Don't you know that any serious nation would do anything to protect itself? What if there are weapons on the ship?

Was the ship in Israeli waters or international waters when it was attacked?

Just like someone said Mahmoud Ahmadinejad( who is being portrayed as a terrorist) would not have done this.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by chelseabmw(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2010
Not again
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by edoyad(m): 8:47am On May 31, 2010
@deo03, leave that guy to yarn his dust, a ship still on International waters ? Even if it was heading for gaza who gave Israel control over the waters in that whole region still being disputed ?
Tomorrow when these type of nations start doing same to African countries you better remember where it started from.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 8:53am On May 31, 2010
I believe the Israelis gave repeated warnings to the group of protesters/aid workers not to enter Israeli territory.

In this age of self-actualisation and freedom of expression, we ought to still respect the rights of a country to defend its territory.

Though the human deaths are regrettable, you can't possibly lay all blame at the feet of the Israelis.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by otokx(m): 8:59am On May 31, 2010
The aid convoy should have got the necessary clearance.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by chidichris(m): 9:06am On May 31, 2010
when odi community was attacked and killed, no many of us commented or condemed that action but it is great to see how many of us iranian president's wanna bes are calling for isreal to be wiped out of the map.
assuming we have agreed on this call, who will bell the cat? maybe nigeria?
i laugh over someone calling on international communities to intervene. how many times have international communities intervened in the palistan/isreali problems and what are the outcomes?
it is important we apoproach this matter from the root. a man whose house is sourounded by enemies is always on the lookout.
palestan(hamas) has been asked on several occassions to recognise isreal and their right to exist which they unconditionally rejected.
if isreal has no right to exist, then palestan will not have to peace of mind.
i hope the parties involved are not as surprised as uninformed nigerians.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by edoyad(m): 9:12am On May 31, 2010
^ please it's spelled Palestine and not palestan.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Ibime(m): 9:16am On May 31, 2010
Pesin say make you no cross line, you go cross line. Wetin you expect?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by edoyad(m): 9:20am On May 31, 2010
@ibime, i guess when the FG tells the Niger Delta that all land in this country is theirs to do as they will they should comply 100%
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by udezue(m): 9:29am On May 31, 2010
Edoyad, I love ur passion but em palestinian issue is not ur issue for now.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 9:30am On May 31, 2010
When I say that Israel is as guilty as the terrorist groups they accuse of terrorism people think I simply hate Israel.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by nearest(m): 9:55am On May 31, 2010
Israel should stop this we against the Arabs propaganda , i used to defend them, but their actions these days are really bad. A ship in international waters, they claim they were attacked with knives, sticks etc, no weapon was fired by the activists, yet the israelis boarded the ship and started shooting, killing over 15! this is really bad, and nobody should support it.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by udezue(m): 9:55am On May 31, 2010
Afam taaa pichie gi onu ki ugua. Kedu nke gbasara ghi na ndi alakuba? I kwuchaberu okwu maka ivfe na eme na ebe I si ghi na ko yau yau maka ivfe na abughi mkpa. Ndi Palestine ajuru gi ma I na emere ha ebere? Oburu na obughi maka obele nkwado ndi Isreal nyere anyi mgbe oge agha Biafra ebe ka I che na ike ga ano vfa?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by redsun(m): 10:13am On May 31, 2010
Isreal is mad because america under Obama is beginning to point out the reality of the issue of palistine to them.Before now it has been onesided negotiations but Obama being who he is is hitting the point that it takes two to tango and it is not going down well with the isrealis,hence their unprecedented madness of attacking aid convoy.

Like someone rightly said,even iranian dictator won't be this mad.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 10:21am On May 31, 2010
udezue:

Afam taaa pichie gi onu ki ugua. Kedu nke gbasara ghi na ndi alakuba? I kwuchaberu okwu maka ivfe na eme na ebe I si ghi na ko yau yau maka ivfe na abughi mkpa. Ndi Palestine ajuru gi ma I na emere ha ebere? Oburu na obughi maka obele nkwado ndi Isreal nyere anyi mgbe oge agha Biafra ebe ka I che na ike ga ano vfa?

You are as guilty as those groups you accuse even in Nigeria. You should learn to stand for what is right at all times not just when it favors you.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by oderemo(m): 10:26am On May 31, 2010
Like someone rightly said,even Iranian dictator won't be this mad
i have given up on the Israeli argument long time. what is the justification for killing 10 unarmed men for nothing, just to prove a point.? and they argue Iran should not have her own nuclear.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by 4Play(m): 10:30am On May 31, 2010
Why should ''peace activists'' attack soldiers with sticks and knives? Will they do the same if it was an Arab Govt or the Turkish Govt?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Ibime(m): 10:31am On May 31, 2010
udezue:

Edoyad, I love your passion but em palestinian issue is not your issue for now.

GBAM!!! grin grin grin
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by edoyad(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2010
@ udezue , Do you know me ? Do you know my back ground ? You sit there and just reach the conclusion that Palestinian problem is not mine so i should back off. And it seems Ibime too is in agreement.
That's nice, but let me remind anyone that if you think you'll show up here in a few weeks when your own ethnic or national group is under fire that you'd find sympathy from the same people who you've told not to bother with other people's problems, you have another thing coming. Besides it was the same Israel that supplied Abacha's terror squad with sophisticated gadgets and training when he had the whole country under his tight grip that have now become your saints abi ?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by na2day(m): 11:25am On May 31, 2010
I'm not condoning what Israel did!, in this informatn age, we definitely need to separate fact from fiction. I've been following these developments for some weeks now, are u aware dat one of the sponsors of d flotilla is muslim brotherhood? an organisatn known for d support of some terrorist organisations. The aid convoy was specifically planned to put israel in a bad light and i'm sure they must've put up a serious fight to maximise casualties, d israelis commandos should've boarded with stunguns. To some of u saying israel does not want peace, remember they gave gaza back and all they got in return was hundreds of qassams raining on their cities! please give israel a break, those protesters knew what they were getting into, they were used as pawns.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by ElRazur: 11:32am On May 31, 2010
na2day!:

I'm not condoning what Israel did!, in this informatn age, we definitely need to separate fact from fiction. I've been following these developments for some weeks now, are u aware dat one of the sponsors of d flotilla is muslim brotherhood? an organisatn known for d support of some terrorist organisations. The aid convoy was specifically planned to put israel in a bad light and i'm sure they must've put up a serious fight to maximise casualties, d israelis commandos should've boarded with stunguns. To some of u saying israel does not want peace, remember they gave gaza back and all they got in return was hundreds of qassams raining on their cities! please give israel a break, those protesters knew what they were getting into, they were used as pawns.

Watch as they descend on you. smiley Your post from "their" point of view, lacks [i]superior thinking [/i]and nothing but Zionist-arse kissing. grin

Seriously, I made a similar post - Not however saying anyone is to be blamed - but questioning the timing and motives behind the "aid".

Also it will be difficult to know who initiated the violence, and it is probably looking bad for Israel as it was reported to have happened in international waters.

The timing is questionable - Joint military exercise coming up have seen other nations pulled out - Greece.

Israel is meant to be holding talks with the US today or tomorrow I think.

The Aid convoy set out to highlight the blockage issue in Gaza, and from where I stand, they may have succeeded in doing so and may be even more?

Finally, I am not sure people have addressed this, but there are reports that Weapons was found on board. If this report is true, I wonder why aid cargo have weapons on them?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2010
na2day!:
To some of u saying israel does not want peace, remember they gave gaza back and all they got in return was hundreds of qassams raining on their cities! please give israel a break, those protesters knew what they were getting into, they were used as pawns.

They gave back what they stole and for that they should be given flowers?

Until they return all the seized lands you cannot expect Palestinians to embrace peace. You don't seize someone's property and choose to release it bit by bit and still expect the person to be happy with you.

Get rid of the bias and religious bigotry and things will be clearer.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by na2day(m): 11:49am On May 31, 2010
I may be leaning a little towards israel, but lets face facts, palestinians have had their chances, they ought to've used gaza as a launchpad for realising d two states solution peacefully but instead made israel believed they had made a costly mistake cos of d rain of rockets! u shouldnt blame them for dreading d armiing of hamas,imagine 9ja gettin rockets from bakassi after leavin d place,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum / Tennessee Floods: 15 Killed Including Twin Toddlers, More Than 30 Missing(Pix) / Tonga Hit By Tsunami After Underwater Volcano Erupts (Photos, Video)