Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (26340 Views)

Man Arrested For Overtaking Ugandan's Vice President's Convoy (photos) / Cameroon Fires Two Army Officers After Boko Haram raids! / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by netotse(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Aside from pledging to free every last one of the hostages, Israel has now also pledged to let every last fibre of the aid on the boats through to Gaza . . . So what silly point were they trying to make with the storming of civilian volunteer aid ships in international waters?

Israel has been backing down in the face of international fury all day today, why understand only violence like an ill brought up thug? The Arab countries that attacked them in the past have long since been beaten, now they are blockading less than half a million Palestinians with their full military might. What a shame! What a disgrace!
israel isn't known for keeping hostages now(they just kill them. . .no time), beafie dear, you have it all wrong, israel got what they want. . .the nuisancesactivists didn't break the blockade and they got to search the aid, what more were they asking?

we've been here before, all the UN can do is make noise, what else do they want to do?invade israel?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by chidichris(m): 10:00am On Jun 02, 2010
@beaf,
with kind of interest u are showing on this matter, i expect u to be more informed than u are.
everybody is condeming isreal over their action, yes but the big question is, will isreal strike again tomorrow? and the answer is yes.
these same people who are condeming isreal today were the same people who told palestine to recognize isreal's existance and right to live which they (paletine) rejected .
there is nothing wrong in self defence and that is what isreal is doing on daily basis because enemies are what they have all over.
the solution is that palestine recognize isreal and both countries co-habit peacefully over-looking the instructions and directives of iran and syria.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by RuuDie(m): 11:40am On Jun 02, 2010
The Isrealis had always sounded warnings that they would search those convoys by hook or by crook. . . . . so i don't understand all the righteous indignations from countries that would otherwise have done similar or worse if placed in the same situation.

Yes, it certainly is a PR disaster from the Isreali standpoint but the commandos that landed on some of those boats where attacked - from video footages i've seen, the first set of Isreali commandos that landed were actually unarmed.

There's a blockade in place in that Gaza region; its been in place for years now, Isreal has controlled most of it. . . . the international community has done little or nothing about it, so whats the fuss now?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by ZicoZico42: 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
International Waters my foot! What difference does it make if an enemy comes to attack you, whether he has turne into the driveway of your premises or still at the edge of the highway before you premises all the same he will get to your domain
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2010
Only shallow heads read what is not written, understand what is not meant and see what does not exist

For God's sack what are you defending? What are you standing for? Those activists represent 32 countries from 3 continents, Europe, Asia and Africa, three religions Christianity, Islam and Judaism beside non believers
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by nopuqeater: 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2010
@Kgdavid; « #378 on: Today at 03:25:09 AM »  
of course this is a PR disaster for Israel so they are trying to save face and the condemnation is coming so roundly from certain governments simply because these governments had citizens on board and would risk the wrath of their domestic citizenry if it appeared that they endorsed the Israeli action. the statement of the UN secretary general does not condemn the boarding of the ship but rather reiterates his message of  ending the blockade.
the lord of the UN is USA. whatever america says, goes. if only there is power with the UN. if only there is morality with the powerful america.

@Hoteph (m); « #379 on: Today at 03:25:46 AM »  
Israel is becoming a pain the the backside to the international community,  For the second time l am condemning them first for the war on Gaza and secondly, for the attack on the Flotila , l thought the war has ended must they starve the helpless innocent and defenseless Palestine as starvation is also a continuation of war. The so called G nations or rather super powers sucks as they cannot rise up and wipe the Israeli government in line.
blind support of tyranny does not make it right. the powerful are doing so without any conscience when it comes to the issue of zionist agenda. the palestinians should develop a formidable lobbying machine to counter whatever the israelis can muster. give the palestinians 150 years, the tide may change. afterall, israel is not 70 years old, yet.

@frosbel (m); « #381 on: Today at 09:01:47 AM »  
Israel will survive.
true, for the moment. afterall, at the height of trannical third reich, she was to last at least 1000 years! where is she now, yet the jews who were one of the primary victims of that dead evil agenda is the new reich in the eyes of the palestinians. i guess we can by history safely say that palestinians shall survive, too. give them time. the same jews out of european ghettos now ghettorized the palestinians.

Shame on all her haters.
shame on those who lack human conscience of fairness or fair dealing. funny that some will work hard to save animals while allowing mankind to perish!

A small country the size of Wales, terrorised from its inception
before its inception, where was it and was the land it now exist on barren and empty of people? ignorance and lack of goodliness will not help here, except the truth.

and besieged by a people so filled with hate,
has saudi arabia besieged her? has iraq besieged her? your love for evil doers is appaulling.

many of us will do the same if we were in her shoes. All the Jews have ever wanted was a homeland after the Nazi holocaust.
not many of us will do the same if we are in her shoes, the reason we find it hard to support her actions. why dont the lovers of jewish homeland consider if the palestinians want to keep their own homeland? what crime in the holocaust can you ascribe to the palestinians? should you not give up your own homeland for the jews, instead of supporting them in their thievery of what the palestinians can legally lay claim to? if the world thinks that palestinians do not have right on that piece of land, they would have been booted out a long time ago considering the selfish unwaivering support for the jews.  interesting that you have not invited the jews to move to your tribal land since you support them so vigorously. maybe you should the british to give them Wales. or some other place on earth like arizona desert or even the fertile land of rhineland's germany. afterall, it is germany/austra that was responsible for holocaust.

In 1948 Israel was declared and immediately attacked by 5 Arab nations, these nations could not defeat a rag tag army of holocaust survivors. Ever since the Jews have been under siege and are fighting for their very survival.
before 1948, was palestine empty without inhabitant? how did the malnourished skeletal 'holocaust' survivor, swell up their population enough to be able to declare a new nation and fight off the 5 nations that 'attacked' them? did the zionists 'holocaust' survivors used deceit to increase their populations, and employ the same deceit, genocide and surprise attacks to wipe off, kill off, scare off the palestinians from their homes, neighborhoods, villages and towns? maybe we need to be honest in our support of others. heck, if we cant be humane in taking side on a conflict, can we ever be trusted to speak the truth against ourselves?

While the loss of lives on this occasion is deplorable, there is no doubt that this was a Turkey sponsored, Hamas collaborated and Iran inspired voyage to Gaza. It was a provoked and stage managed event. It surprises me how many FOOLS blinded by their illogical hatred for Israel are falling for it, hook, line and sinker.
how can you be blind yourself that it seems as if the human nature that God gave you, you lost it on blind support of Israel because of your religious leaning? you are not jews, so am almost correct in my assumption. there is nothing wrong in human caring for humans. thats what turkey did, the very same organization that rushed to aid Haiti, all the way from europe. is Haiti muslims?

All you haters are on the wrong side of history.
oppressors, in the long run will lose. read your history or go into your religious book.

Every action that Israel has taken from the building of miles and miles of walls to the blockading of Gaza have been reactions to threats on every side of its small country.
i am wondering if you will accept it if your african tribe or cultural people will like fences to snake among them, and or dividing them into gaza and west bank type? we read from history that backs and oters did not appreciate it in 'aparteid' south africa! no african people will accept the conditions of palestinians from the israelis. Dalai Lama is fighting for his people against China. which people wants to be oppressed as the israelis are oppressing the palestinians?

@frosbel (m); « #382 on: Today at 09:09:48 AM »  
Quote from: Beaf on Today at 01:53:04 AM
The above is classical Nigerian. Is there any suprise we are so underdeveloped?
That attitude to the value of life does not carry in the international community. Every life is precious, in more civilised countries, there would not have been a single shot fired; in fact there would have been no foolish gungho interception on the high sea's. That action is now costing Israel very dearly (and about time too).
I posted a Haaretz article published a few days before the storming of the civilian aid boats. You should check it out;
Gaza flotilla drives Israel into a sea of stupidity

Beaf for once just be Quiet !!!!
You want to come across as an authority on every subject, but have now delved ( albeit without due research ) into a topic that is just not for you.
Historically and politically your knowledge of the situation in the previously Roman named ' Palestine ' is shambolic and void.
If you want to understand the situation in 'Palestine', you have to refer to History.
the bolded is an unfortunate misinformation. history; before Abraham arrive in the community of the Hebrews, the hebrews used to live in palestine, indeed jerusalem. the covenant of God was with Abraham, even if we take just the judeochristian viewpoints. isaac was neither the first child or first son or only child of Abraham. hence the covenant covered all the children. jacob was not the only child of isaac, so if by transference isaac were to be claimed as the only child of covenant, then all the children of isaac were as good as jacob. then we have to go back and realise that the symbol of the covenant is the circumcision, which is an unbroken traditions among the arabs, specifically the palestinians, muslims and nonmuslims among them yet i have heard of jews from east europe who were never circumcised.

if we reflect back to what characterization the bible put on ishmael, we see that the bible was wrong since there was no recorded incident of him being a wild ass, a killer or warrior. with this in mind, i will reserve my opinion of what the bible says. but then, we realise that jacob and his deceitful intend to murder children went to egypt because of the success of the once rejected, spited, hated, envied son, joseph. the family lived there for many centuries. while at no time that anyone can proof to us that there were no people living in palestine. proof; moses escaped and lived in that region for over a decade, among its inhabitants that he married from them, before the event of the burning bush. can anyone who abandoned a land for many centuries return and claim its ownership? the natives of america, north through south, did not abandone their lands, except that they have the europeans invading them, turning them into minorities. can they say the europeans have no right to the land just as much as they? please look at the case of the returning israelites in the light of the natives; both have some rights, at best, but definitely the one who never abandoned it must have right to it.

let us now move to the conflict stages of the israelites, the point wher they are now two nations; judea and israel. i ignore all the killings that took place after leaving egypt, wish to look at the case after the 3 diasporas, whereby they did not return until after 2nd WW making a country for themselves. again, was there a period that there were no people other than the remnant of israelites living on the land? we remember that the society was ruled for a while by rome lasting into the early period of the religious community which was later dubbed 'christians'.

we must now ask ourselves, something triggered the almost complete diaspora of the 'jews' as they later referred to themselves or called by others, while something else must have triggered the palestinians to arrive to live in that land. i remember there was a people known as philistines that the warriors of exodus fought and annihilated. there were also jebusites, the people of the city of jericho, too. in short, there were people always living in that region, particularly in jerusalem.

my argument is this; there is no place on earth, and i want to use the west for my explanation; if a home is abandoned in america for a number of decades, say 5, if the city never took it over, for whatever reason, but a people organized themselves, as squalors, initially but later became a property tax paying, utility paying persons, organization, or tenancy, there is no way that heir of or the original owner can come forward to reclaim it. it will not happen.

the jews if were the only owner based on the covenant, willimngly abandoned the place for better pastures around the world. the palestinians lived on it and never willingly abandone it. heck, the palestinians are still fighting for it. and the israelites would never have looked back except that europe was getting too hot and then the holocaust.

@madlady (f); « #383 on: Today at 09:20:13 AM »  
Shalom.
the jews from nigeria. mashaAllah. i guess the blood of jesus, according to the christians is on your neck. or are you a christian who forgets that you claim that the jews killed jesus your lord?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2010
ZicoZico42:

International Waters my foot! What difference does it make if an enemy comes to attack you, whether he has turne into the driveway of your premises or still at the edge of the highway before you premises all the same he will get to your domain

So Israel has the right to kill civilians far away from its borders as long as it considers them its enemies even if those civilians do not believe so.

Is there another definition of TERRORISM
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by madlady(f): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2010
nopuqeater:

@madlady (f); « #383 on: Today at 09:20:13 AM »  the jews from nigeria. mashaAllah. i guess the blood of jesus, according to the christians is on your neck. or are you a christian who forgets that you claim that the jews killed jesus your lord?

This is falsity shocked,do you even know my origin and my stance on this matter.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2010
   @frosbel (m); « #381 on: Today at 09:01:47 AM »  true, for the moment. afterall, at the height of trannical third reich, she was to last at least 1000 years! where is she now, yet the jews who were one of the primary victims of that dead evil agenda is the new reich in the eyes of the palestinians. i guess we can by history safely say that palestinians shall survive, too. give them time. the same jews out of european ghettos now ghettorized the palestinians.

So you are comparing Israel to Nazis even though Hamas, Hizbullah and the Iranian Ayatollah crazies are the ones calling for the annihilation of Jews and Christians. I get your point!!

shame on those who lack human conscience of fairness or fair dealing. Funny that some will work hard to save animals while allowing mankind to perish!

I never supported the loss of life, but the Jihadist peace activists were asking for it.

I bet you are the type who will rejoice when thousands of Jews or Americans lose their lives in an Islamic terror induced act.

not many of us will do the same if we are in her shoes, the reason we find it hard to support her actions. why dont the lovers of jewish homeland consider if the palestinians want to keep their own homeland? what crime in the holocaust can you ascribe to the palestinians? should you not give up your own homeland for the jews, instead of supporting them in their thievery of what the palestinians can legally lay claim to? if the world thinks that palestinians do not have right on that piece of land, they would have been booted out a long time ago considering the selfish unwaivering support for the jews.  interesting that you have not invited the jews to move to your tribal land since you support them so vigorously. maybe you should the british to give them Wales. or some other place on earth like arizona desert or even the fertile land of rhineland's germany. afterall, it is germany/austra that was responsible for holocaust.

That LAND is as Jewish as Jewish can be.

The thieves are the historic peoples who massacred the Jews and chased out the Jews as the word of God prophesied will happen, because the Jews began to worship many false gods, such as the moon god etc.

But the same word of God prophesied they will return to their land.

before 1948, was palestine empty without inhabitant? how did the malnourished skeletal 'holocaust' survivor, swell up their population enough to be able to declare a new nation and fight off the 5 nations that 'attacked' them? did the zionists 'holocaust' survivors used deceit to increase their populations, and employ the same deceit, genocide and surprise attacks to wipe off, kill off, scare off the palestinians from their homes, neighborhoods, villages and towns? maybe we need to be honest in our support of others. heck, if we cant be humane in taking side on a conflict, can we ever be trusted to speak the truth against ourselves?

Hmm, not only Holocaust survivors returned, Jews the world over not affected by the Holocaust also returned. Please Think !

how can you be blind yourself that it seems as if the human nature that God gave you, you lost it on blind support of Israel because of your religious leaning? you are not jews, so am almost correct in my assumption. there is nothing wrong in human caring for humans. thats what turkey did, the very same organization that rushed to aid Haiti, all the way from europe. is Haiti muslims?

It is not me who has blind support for Israel, it is the Muslims who have a blind satanic raging hatred for the Jews. And it is this hatred that will be their total downfall.

i am wondering if you will accept it if your african tribe or cultural people will like fences to snake among them, and or dividing them into gaza and west bank type? we read from history that backs and oters did not appreciate it in 'aparteid' south africa! no african people will accept the conditions of palestinians from the israelis. Dalai Lama is fighting for his people against China. which people wants to be oppressed as the israelis are oppressing the palestinians
?

Lol. The Jews were given a very small piece of land in 1948 and even that was too much for the Arabs. When the Arabs attacked, that was when the Jews gained more land, by the way land that was originally theirs from time immemorial

@frosbel (m); « #382 on: Today at 09:09:48 AM »  the bolded is an unfortunate misinformation. history; before Abraham arrive in the community of the Hebrews, the hebrews used to live in palestine, indeed jerusalem. the covenant of God was with Abraham, even if we take just the judeochristian viewpoints. isaac was neither the first child or first son or only child of Abraham. hence the covenant covered all the children. jacob was not the only child of isaac, so if by transference isaac were to be claimed as the only child of covenant, then all the children of isaac were as good as jacob. then we have to go back and realise that the symbol of the covenant is the circumcision, which is an unbroken traditions among the arabs, specifically the palestinians, muslims and nonmuslims among them yet i have heard of jews from east europe who were never circumcised.

Isaac was his first born in wedlock. Ishmael was born out of wedlock.

if we reflect back to what characterization the bible put on ishmael, we see that the bible was wrong since there was no recorded incident of him being a wild backside, a killer or warrior. with this in mind, i will reserve my opinion of what the bible says. but then, we realise that jacob and his deceitful intend to murder children went to egypt because of the success of the once rejected, spited, hated, envied son, joseph. the family lived there for many centuries. while at no time that anyone can proof to us that there were no people living in palestine. proof; moses escaped and lived in that region for over a decade, among its inhabitants that he married from them, before the event of the burning bush. can anyone who abandoned a land for many centuries return and claim its ownership? the natives of america, north through south, did not abandone their lands, except that they have the europeans invading them, turning them into minorities. can they say the europeans have no right to the land just as much as they? please look at the case of the returning israelites in the light of the natives; both have some rights, at best, but definitely the one who never abandoned it must have right to it.

Lol, Look at Muhammad and you will agree with the bible's verdict of a wild man, violent, fighting everyone including his own brothers.

let us now move to the conflict stages of the israelites, the point wher they are now two nations; judea and israel. i ignore all the killings that took place after leaving egypt, wish to look at the case after the 3 diasporas, whereby they did not return until after 2nd WW making a country for themselves. again, was there a period that there were no people other than the remnant of israelites living on the land? we remember that the society was ruled for a while by rome lasting into the early period of the religious community which was later dubbed 'christians'.

God prophesied that the Jews will be scattered worldwide because of their sins, but will return in the future (now)

my argument is this; there is no place on earth, and i want to use the west for my explanation; if a home is abandoned in america for a number of decades, say 5, if the city never took it over, for whatever reason, but a people organized themselves, as squalors, initially but later became a property tax paying, utility paying persons, organization, or tenancy, there is no way that heir of or the original owner can come forward to reclaim it. it will not happen.

The Jews have always wanted to live in peace, it is the violent extremists fill with demonic rage that have turned the middle east into what it is today.

Israel is armed to the teeth today because its survival is at stake

the jews if were the only owner based on the covenant, willimngly abandoned the place for better pastures around the world. the palestinians lived on it and never willingly abandone it. heck, the palestinians are still fighting for it. and the israelites would never have looked back except that europe was getting too hot and then the holocaust.

Like I said the Jews did not leave willingly but where subjugated defeated and scattered worldwide as the bible rightly mentioned.

But that same bible predicted they will return to their land just before the end of age,

Sorry mate you are on the wrong side of history,
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2010
I really pity those religious fanatics that have allowed sentiment and dogma to block their sense of reason. I waded through a lot of posts with zero arguments in them, one from frosbel even talked about "haters". shocked Damn! There is nothing logical about denouncing me while not providing the slightest counter to my arguments. It just seems that our local fanatics are so frustrated with their lack of counter points that they have instead turned to the cheapest and lowest tactics. What a pity!

. . .And we thought Boko Haram was the worst the country could see? No wonder there are "child witches" in Nigeria in this modern day and age. Yes, people are totally blinded and no better than the likes of David Koresh,  Doukhobor anarchists and Uganda's Lords Army.

[size=14pt]People, please put away sentiment and argue your point. If you have zero to say, pleeeeeeeaaaaaase pass by![/size] grin grin grin

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2010
FACTS:

1- Israel attacked the vessels in the international waters, 90 miles away of Israeli water.
2- The Peace Activists Provokes were not armed nor enemies of Israel. They just wanted to help the Civilians in Gaza, carrying medical and educational materials.
3- The international Law does not allow Israel even of searching the ships without permission by the United Nations.
4- There was common understanding amongst the activists that Israel would lead them by force to Ashdod and transfer the materials to Gaza, not killing them and confiscating the materials.
5- Israeli forces did not practice any of the international rules (the Law of the Sea Convention) to search or control vessels in international waters; vocal warning by radio, waning bullets … etc
6- Israeli Forces opened fire on activists from beginning as soon as they stormed the ships killing many Peace Activists on spot.
7- Out of rage, some activists fought Israeli solders with bare hands to defense themselves.
8- Israeli Forces kept injured activists more than 12 hours on the ships without any medical assistance, which resulted death of more activists.[color=#990000][/color]

If it does not mean Terrorism, Piracy and Barbarism, what can we call it?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2010
Breaking news

Isaac Herzog (cabinet member) is this minute arguing against a UN investigation, claiming Israel wants the dust to settle down and after that Israel will investigate by itself. shocked

The question is, what is Isaac Herzog trying to hide? The incident occured in international waters and is within the remit of the UN to investigate.

In the UK, David Cameron has just said that the incident was unnacceptable and the blockade of Gaza must be ended.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by nihun(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Breaking news

Isaac Herzog (cabinet member) is this minute arguing against a UN investigation, claiming Israel wants the dust to settle down and after that Israel will investigate by itself. shocked

The question is, what is Isaac Herzog trying to hide? The incident occured in international waters and is within the remit of the UN to investigate.

In the UK, David Cameron has just said that the incident was unnacceptable and the blockade of Gaza must be ended.

Who cares what the UK says's, were they correct when they invaded Iraq.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2010
Davilyn :

undeniable facts like? So nazareth, jerusalem, bethlehem, jericho are all arab names to you fools abi?

Ooops, funny enough they are Palestinian names. Jerusalem is a word of two parts; Salem who was one of the gods of the Palestinian fathers and Jeru, which means place. So Jerusalem means the place of Salem.  wink wink

Who is the fool now?  cheesy cheesy

Just read other books to avoid embarrassment  shocked grin
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2010
Forsbell :

Jihadist peace activists

Where did you get that term, man you are so good…, in nonsense
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2010
FACTS:

1-   Israel attacked the vessels in the international waters, 90 miles away of Israeli water.

On International waters on the way to Gaza despite the Israeli blockade

2-   The Peace Activists Provokes were not armed nor enemies of Israel. They just wanted to help the Civilians in Gaza, carrying medical and educational materials.

They were not armed but were seen wielding iron rods and beating Israeli soldiers. I guess that shows us the kind of help they wanted to render to the Gazans.
How come this so called peace activists were seen chanting anti-Israeli songs even before they boarded the ship? They already chose their side which was anti Israel and they were treated as such

3-   The international Law does not allow Israel even of searching the ships without permission by the United Nations.

Is this a UN ship? This is a ship sponsored by groups who are against Israel

4-   There was common understanding amongst the activists that Israel would lead them by force to Ashdod and transfer the materials to Gaza, not killing them and confiscating the materials.

Ok there was common understanding that Israel would lead them to Ashdod, So when Israeli commandoes landed on the ship, why did the activists attack them?

5- Israeli forces did not practice any of the international rules (the Law of the Sea Convention) to search or control vessels in international waters; vocal warning by radio, waning bullets … etc

I saw videos where Israel issued vocal warning to the ship. Before they took off, Israel already warned them about the consequences, but they chose to find out the consequences for themselves.

6-   Israeli Forces opened fire on activists from beginning as soon as they stormed the ships killing many Peace Activists on spot.

Can you give us evidence? The evidence I saw showed the Israelis being attacked as soon as they landed on the ship. If Israel opened fire on them, How come they were on the deck? I dont think people would come to the deck in numbers if Israel actually opened fire first.

7-   Out of rage, some activists fought Israeli solders with bare hands to defense themselves.

Rage about what? You said it was common knowledge that Israeli soldiers would lead them to shore so what was the rage about?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2010
dayokanu: [size=14pt]I saw videos [/size] where Israel issued vocal warning to the ship. Before they took off, Israel already warned them about the consequences, but they chose to find out the consequences for themselves.

Really?

Are you versed in the technologies needed to verify and vouch for those videos beyond reasonable doubt? The rest of the World has also seen those videos and would wish to verify them, but as we all witnesses, Israel does not want an independent investigation. Why? Surely its a simple enough case to resolve? In my opinion, that throws serious doubt on the integrity of those video's, especially as the victims (including German govt officials) have a completely different eyewitness account of events.

Lets have an internationally accepted investigation to throw light on the storming of the aid ships and killing of international volunteers in international waters.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Kgdavid(m): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2010
^ why wont you have doubts about a video that does not portray the "zionist killing machine"? let mne ask, what would Israels reason for firing first be?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2010
Did the activists know Israel stance on breaking the blockade before embarked on the journey?

How come you and your folks dont have doubts about videos posted on Aljazeera? How come you and your people cant still provide evidence where the activists were waving white flags?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2010
Israel has CONTINUOUSLY stated what it would do to any ship that dares break the Gaza embargo . . . why the false outrage now?

When the US placed an embargo on Cuba to prevent Russian missiles from being sited 90 miles off the coast of Florida where were you all?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2010
Kgdavid:

^ why wont you have doubts about a video that does not portray the "zionist killing machine"? let mne ask, what would Israels reason for firing first be?

Hellooooooo! Must there be some dumb religious colouration to your argument? Can we deal with simple facts here and leave it at that?

In any event, your question doesn't make any sense; the facts are that 9 people are dead; shot in international waters under contentious circumstances. Determining the exact circumstances of the killing is the next task and the reason the UN is asking for an independent investigation. Indeed, an independent investigation is what any moral being would demand.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2010
^^^^

How come you and your folks dont have doubts about videos posted on Aljazeera?

How come you and your people cant still provide evidence where the activists were waving white flags?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

Israel has CONTINUOUSLY stated what it would do to any ship that dares break the Gaza embargo . . . why the false outrage now?

When the US placed an embargo on Cuba to prevent Russian missiles from being sited 90 miles off the coast of Florida where were you all?

You have started a new day with your spurious comparisons. The US consulted widely internationally and obtained legal backing for their blockade, Israel consulted no one, acted like an outlaw and imposed an illegal blockade.
The issue over which the US blockaded Cuba was existential. . . Nuclear bombs! Whereas, we are talking about homemade rockets that Gazans use to defend themselves and which are not affected by the blockade (the real purpose is to starve the Palestinians).

There are better ways to tackle issues in this modern World than a barbaric recourse to violence and lunacy at the drop of a pin. Indeed, since yesterday, both Egypt and Israel have greatly relaxed the blockade. If that has been the result of the foolish shooting of civilian activists, what exactly was the point of stopping the ships with commando's? Self defeat? Crazy!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
dayokanu:

^^^^

How come you and your folks dont have doubts about videos posted on Aljazeera?

How come you and your people cant still provide evidence where the activists were waving white flags?

Stop talking rubbish. I have not cited any videos of the incident as evidence anywhere, so your claims sound childish. Lets have an international investigation, then we can verify whose video's are genuine and whose might be fake. Whats hard about that?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2010
Whereas, we are talking about homemade rockets that Gazans use to defend themselves and which are not affected by the blockade

Do home made rockets kill? Do you know most weapons used by terrorist are home made? Can you tell us the number of casualties from these 'home made toys"
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Kgdavid(m): 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Hellooooooo! Must there be some dumb religious colouration to your argument? Can we deal with simple facts here and leave it at that?

In any event, your question doesn't make any sense; the facts are that 9 people are dead; shot in international waters under contentious circumstances. Determining the exact circumstances of the killing is the next task and the reason the UN is asking for an independent investigation. Indeed, an independent investigation is what any moral being would demand.

you say Islrael fired on them first despite clear evidence to the contrary so i ask you:what would Israel stand to gain from shooting unarmed people and why did they stop at only nine?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2010
dayokanu:

Do home made rockets kill? Do you know most weapons used by terrorist are home made? Can you tell us the number of casualties from these 'home made toys"

Charlie, even knives kill. So you are taking an excursion from the point you raised. I will remind you; it was the legality of the Gaza blockade based on the sham example of the Cuban missiles crisis as precedence. That is what you should be defending, but of course, it is obvious even to you, that while nuclear weapons are an existential threat; homemade weapons that are as much a threat to their makers as to their intended targets cannot fall under the description of existential threats (except by gross exageration).
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2010
So you are taking an excursion from the point you raised. I will remind you; it was the legality of the Gaza blockade based on the sham example of the Cuban missiles crisis as precedence.

Can you pls quote where I mentioned Cuban crises on this thread?

Or did you see it just the way u saw activist waving white flags?

you say Islrael fired on them first despite clear evidence to the contrary so i ask you:what would Israel stand to gain from shooting unarmed people and why did they stop at only nine?

Thats the first time I am seeing people fired at still gathered on decks. Doesnt it defy common sense that people would gather when fired at?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2010
Kgdavid:

What are talking about? shocked shocked shocked Your questions do not make the slightest sense.
Israel fired and killed 9 people, thats an accepted fact isn't it?
You seem to be making the claim that the Israeli's were fired upon. The World doesn't quite believe that, so would want the matter investigated by the UN; however, Israel does not want an investigation.

As to your question on what Israel stands to gain from shooting unarmed people; I am neither an Israeli commander nor am I an Israeli policy maker. In any event, contrary to your words, Israel claims the activists were armed with sticks and metal rods. Please ask me reasonable questions.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2010
dayokanu:

Can you pls quote where I mentioned Cuban crises on this thread?

Or did you see it just the way u saw activist waving white flags?

My bad, that was davidylan, but you were responding to the arguments I raised to counter him.

Now where did ever I say saw activists waving white flags? Please provide the link and the quote.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

You have started a new day with your spurious comparisons. The US consulted widely internationally and obtained legal backing for their blockade

This is the dumbest lie told here. Who did the US "consult widely"? Please provide proof.

Beaf:

The issue over which the US blockaded Cuba was existential. . . Nuclear bombs! Whereas, we are talking about homemade rockets that Gazans use to defend themselves and which are not affected by the blockade (the real purpose is to starve the Palestinians).

Is this guy for real?  grin Its all homemade rockets so its ok for Gazans to use it to "defend themselves" (i.e. fire indiscriminately at villagers in Sderot).

Beaf:

There are better ways to tackle issues in this modern World than a barbaric recourse to violence and lunacy at the drop of a pin. Indeed, since yesterday, both Egypt and Israel have greatly relaxed the blockade. If that has been the result of the foolish shooting of civilian activists, what exactly was the point of stopping the ships with commando's? Self defeat? Crazy!

Israel allows food, medical, oil and gas supplies to Gaza on a DAILY BASIS. Egypt DOES NOT!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2010
Seriously, its a waste of time arguing with the mentally challenged.

Beaf:

What are talking about? shocked shocked shocked Your questions do not make the slightest sense.
Israel fired and killed 9 people, thats an accepted fact isn't it?
You seem to be making the claim that the Israeli's were fired upon. The World doesn't quite believe that, so would want the matter investigated by the UN; however, Israel does not want an investigation.

As to your question on what Israel stands to gain from shooting unarmed people; I am neither an Israeli commander nor am I an Israeli policy maker. In any event, contrary to your words, Israel claims the activists were armed with sticks and metal rods. Please ask me reasonable questions.

Nobody here made that claim however we have ON VIDEO!

1. Israeli soldiers armed with paintball guns being set upon and beaten with metal rods (that just happened to be lying around), sticks and stabbed with knives with one thrown aboard. All these BEFORE the Israeli soldiers could respond.

If Israel's goal was to kill i'd imagine soldiers would have been shooting long before they got on deck.

2. We have ON VIDEO, "peace activists" chanting ISLAMIC songs about Khaibar and the return of Mohammad's armies . . . what has that to do with "aid"? Or were those videos doctored by the IDF too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum / Tennessee Floods: 15 Killed Including Twin Toddlers, More Than 30 Missing(Pix) / Tonga Hit By Tsunami After Underwater Volcano Erupts (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.