Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew (24197 Views)

Old 1966 Volkswagen Beetle Transformed By Nigerian Man (Photos) / Car Badge Acronyms You Probably Never Knew The Meaning Of / 12 Interesting Facts About The Pope Mobile You Probably Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by AreaFada2: 7:19am On Jun 09, 2018
vertueptime:

I dnt hv time to respond to an illiterate who reads nd never comprehends,park well olodo
Wow! You can do better. Mogaji is not your average inexperienced or poorly educated Nairalander. He certainly doesn't comment frivolously.

Please show some respect to those who know better and you can learn from.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by petbam: 7:24am On Jun 09, 2018
So as bad as Hitler was he has a legacy that affected the commoner positively, in Nigeria what legacy can we give to buhari other than fuel increment, fall of our dear naira, total lack of value for human being etc. May God save Nigeria from enemy within.

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by cardoctor(m): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2018
Nice one. My favorite car of all times.
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by uuzba(m): 8:11am On Jun 09, 2018
Volks Wagen
-
Volks = Folks = People
Wagen = Wagon = Cart = Car

Volks Wagen = People Car
-
You now understand German.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by lordpherow98(m): 8:14am On Jun 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

So you're not busy after all grin

My challenge still stands for you.

Bros Abeg pardon d nigga

We all don see and know say he no even understand himself

7 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by madridguy(m): 8:15am On Jun 09, 2018
Book marked.
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by gfullmoon(m): 8:16am On Jun 09, 2018
It was the desperation of the WWII that gave birth to Bettle. Hitler enemies zone was a highly temperate zone, causing over heat to most German automobile then. Hitler allegedly give a 21 Days altimatum to his engineers to build him car that will not use a Radiator.

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by kolaaderin: 8:34am On Jun 09, 2018
vertueptime:
The only engine with two exhaust that isnt a v6 or v8

for a very long time until recently in the mid 2000s
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by Bluehill1051: 8:43am On Jun 09, 2018
11. The front bumper is actually the boot and the back is the engine. So when you go shopping, u put the bags in the front bumper. Very weird car
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by Mayor555(m): 8:49am On Jun 09, 2018
vertueptime:

Wen u learn to read and understand wat i wrote then il ans u,i wnt even bother going tru wat u posted, i dnt argue with retards, have a day that looks like u.

Do you even know 'who' you're quoting?
Ha! Boss Egunmogaji himself rendered to cure you. A rare privilege o

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by banky3w(m): 8:54am On Jun 09, 2018
I drove my father's beetle into his shop grin..... Door and wall came crashing on the car and it only has cosmetic damages. Not a single bent or broken body parts. I love the beetle.
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by banky3w(m): 8:59am On Jun 09, 2018
vertueptime:

Wen u learn to read and understand wat i wrote then il ans u,i wnt even bother going tru wat u posted, i dnt argue with retards, have a day that looks like u.
One advice Bros..... It is folly to live in Rome and strive with the pope. With what you've written so far though, I'm not sure you'll comprehend.
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by KangaIye: 9:07am On Jun 09, 2018
GutsOverFear:
Front page guaranteed even though it's copy and paste...

Everyone has multiple Moniker here on Nairaland. I'm sure lalasticlala alternative account is AutoJoshNg

Person say him be Donald 3d you still dey call am Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by victorazyvictor(m): 9:35am On Jun 09, 2018
vertueptime:

I think is the only engine without radiator too.
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by elopee3000(m): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2018
is not called ijapa in the east or south south you people should stop all this nonsense say yoruba people calls it ijapa not nigeria

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by nams77: 10:18am On Jun 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I thought you said that you were too busy? wink

My challenge still stands, write one coherent sentence. Just one.

The Mazda RX7 and RX8 have no cylinders, yes none, and they both use dual factory exhausts.

See your uneducated life outside now?

Ehn, egbon. What do you mean by no cylinders? As in electric or what

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by vertueptime: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2018
AreaFada2:

Wow! You can do better. Mogaji is not your average inexperienced or poorly educated Nairalander. He certainly doesn't comment frivolously.

Please show some respect to those who know better and you can learn from.

Lol i can care less
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by onomeabuja: 10:24am On Jun 09, 2018
post=68312468:
Good vehicle
8. The blue whale’s heart is about the size of a VW beetle.

I dont get this!!!!!
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by nams77: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2018
Seeing this write up brings back nostalgic memories. I remembered when my dad used to come pick us after school some evenings. The first family car we ever had before the Peugeot 505 and the Benzs.
Remembered travelling from warri to the east with my uncle in his beetle then as a starry-eyed little boy going to the villa after writing my junior waec exam. How time flies. I will do anything to have a pimped version of the beetle that was customized by the crews of pi.mp my ride. It was so badass. Let me run thru the net to see if I can see it

Couldn't find the one I was looking for but I saw this

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2018
nams77:

Ehn, egbon. What do you mean by no cylinders? As in electric or what

I'm glad that you asked grin

Mazda R vehicles, such as RX2, RX3, RX7, and RX8 uses rotary engine as designed by Herr Dokkter Wankel (not self-servicer) grin

A rotary engine doesn't have cylinder head, valves, pistons, etc like we do in "normal" engines.

If you ever have a chance to get a ride in a well sorted RX vehicle please take it. You'll be amazed about the quietness, vibration free, smoothness, power and grace of the powerplant.

I miss my 3 RX7's sad

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2018
petbam:
So as bad as Hitler was he has a legacy that affected the commoner positively, in Nigeria what legacy can we give to buhari other than fuel increment, fall of our dear naira, total lack of value for human being etc. May God save Nigeria from enemy within.

Well, you're probably not going to like me but I enjoyed his military rule and will always remember him for that.

War Against Indiscipline was a great concept.
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 09, 2018
victorazyvictor:

I think is the only engine without radiator too.

There are other vehicles without a radiator.

There's an american one actually but I can't remember the name right now.
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by nams77: 10:42am On Jun 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I'm glad that you asked grin

Mazda R vehicles, such as RX2, RX3, RX7, and RX8 uses rotary engine as designed by Herr Dokkter Wankel (not self-servicer) grin

A rotary engine doesn't have cylinder head, valves, pistons, etc like we do in "normal" engines.

If you ever have a chance to get a ride in a well sorted RX vehicle please take it. You'll be amazed about the quietness, vibration free, smoothness, power and grace of the powerplant.

I miss my 3 RX7's sad
Thanks for the lecture. Guessed I learnt something new today. That's what I love about this forum

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 09, 2018
nams77:

Thanks for the lecture. Guessed I learnt something new today. That's what I love about this forum

You're welcome.

This is why we are here to learn from each other.

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by victorazyvictor(m): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

There are other vehicles without a radiator.
There's an american one actually but I can't remember the name right now.
ok
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by madgoat(m): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2018
vertueptime:

Ignorance is a bad disease; worse than cancer. Half-baked people should not talk in public grin
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by vuc1(m): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2018
Grandfather's car then.Same color.
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by andyanders: 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
In America,it is also called 'Volkswagen Bug' the engine can be used to power other cars and also for boat engines.
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by adeblow(m): 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Is it still possible to get a tokunbo ?
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by laivwire(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
potent5:
Heard the VW Beetle never summersaults in a crash, it could catch fire easily.
Story
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by laivwire(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

So you're not busy after all grin

My challenge still stands for you.
Boss, pls don't waste your time with this ignoramus
Re: 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew by temmym4(m): 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
vertueptime:

lol. My first car, Honda Prelude had 2 Exhaust. Not a V6 or V8.
Bros why not just read comments and learn instead of commenting yourself

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burning Bus At Toll Gate 7up Going To BERGER / PAN Unveils New-generation Peugeot 3008 In Nigeria / 5 Annoying Things People Do With Their Phone In Danfo Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.