Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW (2770 Views)

Can You Identify MKO Abiola And Obasanjo In This Throwback Photo? / JUNE 12: Buhari Is Like Jesus - MURIC Tells Protesters / June 12: 'Buhari Must Go' Protest Has Kicked Off In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by naijapips04: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2018
I'm sure MKO would be rolling in his grave by now. The same Buhari that was frolicking with Abacha while the former was punishing Abiola in jail. The same Buhari that as a former head of state and a General in the Army, never condemned the June 12 annulment. Now in order to win empathy with the Yoruba race, he just threw them a ball to chase. It's saddening that the great Abiola is now being used as a political pawn.

in a statement, Kola Ologbondiyan, spokesman of the PDP, said Buhari’s action showed “smacks of hypocrisy and political desperation ahead of 2019 presidential election”.

“President Buhari’s action merely sought to use the name and person of Chief Abiola to gain a political capital and not out of genuine reverence and recognition for him. The party recalls that President Buhari, who was serving in the military administration of General Sani Abacha during the travails of Chief MKO Abiola, did not associate either by words or actions with the late winner of June 12 election,” the statement read.

“History did not record President Buhari as sympathetic to the Abiola’s family when his wife, Kudirat, was gruesomely murdered by the agents of a government which president Buhari served.

“It is therefore a sign of political desperation for President Buhari to seek to use Chief Abiola’s name as a tool to sway Nigerians in less than twelve months to an election where he is seeking a second term.”

In a veiled reference to Babagana Kingibe, Abiola’s running mate in the election who later abandoned his principal, PDP said: “It is also shocking that the respectable grave of Abiola can be dishonoured by granting a posthumous award on him along with someone who denounced the June 12 mandate and preferred the company of his (Abiola’s) traducers. Even those who now masquerade as change agents were opposed to the naming of University of Lagos after Chief Abiola.

“If President Buhari genuinely wants to honour chief Abiola, he should do so by ending all anti-democratic proclivities of his administration and allow for the rule of law and respect for our constitution.”

https://kokomansion.com/buhari-using-abiolas-name-gain-political-capital-ahead-2019-pdp/

2 Likes

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by gurnam: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2018
Whatever you PDP people like, say, the children of late MKO feels very happy with this development

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by naijapips04: 10:31am On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:
Whatever you PDP people like, say, the children of late MKO feels very happy with this development

The same man that was spitting on Abiola's face while he was in Jail and frolicking with his captor, in now the one pretending to 'care' for Abiola's legacy.

If you can't see that this is just a mere political gimmick, them i'm sorry for you.

If Abiola were to still be alive, I'm very sure he would be happy to accept this from Buhari as well.

4 Likes

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by gurnam: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2018
naijapips04:

The same man that was spitting on Abiola's face while he was in Jail and frolicking with his captor, in now the one pretending to 'care' for Abiola's legacy.

If you can't see that this is just a mere political gimmick, them i'm sorry for you.

If Abiola were to still be alive, I'm very sure he would be happy to accept this from Buhari as well.

Let Abiola children and family say that. You can’t be crying more than the bereaved

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by naijapips04: 10:48am On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:

Let Abiola children and family say that. You can’t be crying more than the bereaved

They might have been bought over, don't you think? If Abiola was still alive, they sure won't be frolicking with the enemy.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by SuperS1Panther: 10:57am On Jun 07, 2018
PDP should try harder.

They had 16years to achieve the feat but they chose to look away. Under their nose, PMB stole the glory.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by chichar1(f): 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
naijapips04:
I'm sure MKO would be rolling in his grave by now. The same Buhari that was frolicking with Abacha while the former was punishing Abiola in jail. The same Buhari that as a former head of state and a General in the Army, never condemned the June 12 annulment. Now in order to win empathy with the Yoruba race, he just threw them a ball to chase. It's saddening that the great Abiola is now being used as a political pawn.

bravo to you op!!!!!! the Yoruba race have show the whole world how backward they are in terms of reasoning, example falana and ambode stupidly rejoicing over it

2 Likes

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by SuperS1Panther: 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
chichar1:
young man reason like a human being not like a goat!!!!!!

Young lady or hermaphrodite, whichever suits you, reason like Human being and not like a dog.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by Bizibi(m): 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
If you want to get the Yorubas,just use awolowo,abiola or any of the south west great icons to deceive them,trust me you will get your vote.
They will praise you even if you are a dunce or a wicked person.

1 Like

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by kimjongJezebel: 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
Bizibi:
If you want to get the Yorubas,just use awolowo,abiola or any of the south west great icons to deceive them,trust me you will get your vote.
??

1 Like

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by SalamRushdie: 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
Who truncated democracy in the first place ? Was it not this same Buhari

1 Like

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by kayfra: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2018
PDP keeps digging its grave. The best move to do with Buhari's spectacular political maneuver is to STFU and let the euphoria ease.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by gurnam: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
naijapips04:

They might have been bought over, don't you think? If Abiola was still alive, they sure won't be frolicking with the enemy.

What did Abiola family get in honour of their father for PDP 16 years in power!

Honestly PDP should be ashamed for issuing out that press release. They are mad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hahahahah. Reminds me of what usually happens when you give a hungry dog a bone.

1 Like

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by gurnam: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Bizibi:

If you want to press Ibo mumu button, just massage their ego about Biafra and show them a rendition of the 2nd Niger bridge you will build for them

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by Viergeachar: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
chichar1:
bravo to you op!!!!!! the Yoruba race have show the whole world how backward they are in terms of reasoning, example falana and ambode stupidly rejoicing over it

Shattap! And stop taking panadol for another person's headache.
We Yorubas are happy with the development and it does translate to us voting PMB in 2019.
Go to hell!! tongue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by Bizibi(m): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:

If you want to press Ibo mumu button, just massage their ego about Biafra and show them a rendition of the 2nd Niger bridge you will build for them
hehehehehe,they will come fr you....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by gurnam: 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Bizibi:
hehehehehe,they will come fr you....

I kill them for sport here grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by tuniski: 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:

It was a national movement on June 12 1993 with MKO as the face not his children! Let nigerians old enuff who participated and witnessed the events have their say not only family of his.
This is a pure gimmick that haas failed!
Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by Bizibi(m): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:

I kill them for sport here grin
hehehehehe,Oyo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin grin Kudos to Buhari on this feat

Even my Organisation's HR office one of the few Yorubas who dislikes PMB is now praising him.

Sincerely Buhari has won 2019 Presidential election grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by gurnam: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
tuniski:

It was a national movement on June 12 1993 with MKO as the face not his children! Let nigerians old enuff who participated and witnessed the events have their say not only family of his.
This is a pure gimmick that haas failed!

This is your interpretation! My own interpretation and that of millions of yorubas is quiet different

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by gurnam: 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
grin grin Kudos to Buhari on this feat

Even my Organisation's HR office one of the few Yorubas who dislikes PMB is now praising him.

Sincerely Buhari has won 2019 Presidential election grin

It’s like an hat-trick in an away game! Signed sealed and delivered

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by daveP(m): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
Who said this will win over the SW? That person needs a thorough brain scan.
This can't even shift the angle of depression or elevation of any SWer to do the needful come 2019. Only those twitter Lord's are the ones making it look Asif it's acceptable. Once again the Daura President underrated the intellect and Sense of The masses, expecting this to work effecticely. smh

1 Like

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by Yyeske(m): 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
naijapips04:

Pictures of the spitting please

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by Yyeske(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
naijapips04:

Why are you speaking for the family, are you their spokesperson?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by Okoroawusa: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
naijapips04:

Abiola children bought over?

my friend don't let me get banned by what I have in mind to call you right now!

what insult?

what audacity?

what a preposterous comment!

Mynd44

Seun

Lalasticlala

Do something before I lose it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by anibirelawal(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:

Abi o.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by chichar1(f): 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
SuperS1Panther:

Young lady or hermaphrodite, whichever suits you, reason like Human being and not like a dog.
did I hear you mention dog? young man dogs are more better than you,in all ramifications so deal with it
Re: June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW by chichar1(f): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Viergeachar:

Shattap! And stop taking panadol for another person's headache.
We Yorubas are happy with the development and it does translate to us voting PMB in 2019.
Go to hell!! tongue
a dying man like you need no sympathy at all,

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Only Way The APC Can Remove Saraki / More Photos : Osinbajo Visits Oba Elegushi / AY, Clint De Drunk, Others Shun Buhari And APC Prayer Rally In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.