Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? (5513 Views)

Accra Ghana Is Not What You Think! Whats Inside? / Living In Eko Atlantic City Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside ? Part 2 / Exploring The CENTRE Of Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by ainatemitayo(m): 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? This is Part 3 of my “Whats inside Series” where I visit places and make videos about them.

Banana Island is the most expensive Neighborhood In Nigeria (with close competition from Eko Atlantic city being constructed). It's home to heavyweight Nigerian Billionaires like Linda ikeji, Dangote, and Mike Adenuga.

Property on Banana Island is dollar-denominated. The average cost of buying a three bedroom apartment is $2 million. However, if you’re just looking to hang around the island for some time, and not to buy property, you can rent the same apartment for about $150,000 per annum.

A typical plot of land on the island usually goes for between $4 million and $6 million, and the cheapest building on the island costs upward of $8 million. But because of the ridiculous prices of property on the island, about 60% of the completed buildings are currently unoccupied.

Do Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgeocxCE1hI&t=2s

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by showmethemoney(m): 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
Make I buy plot of land b4 it reach front page
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by KendrickAyomide: 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
it's full of bananas

1 Like

Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by anibirelawal(m): 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
it's full of bananas

And Monkeys. grin
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
All this million dollars you are quoting...
ainatemitayo:
BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? This is Part 3 of my “Whats inside Series” where I visit places and make videos about them.

Banana Island is the most expensive Neighborhood In Nigeria (with close competition from Eko Atlantic city being constructed). It's home to heavyweight Nigerian Billionaires like Linda ikeji, Dangote, and Mike Adenuga.

Property on Banana Island is dollar-denominated. The average cost of buying a three bedroom apartment is $2 million. However, if you’re just looking to hang around the island for some time, and not to buy property, you can rent the same apartment for about $150,000 per annum.

A [b]typical plot of land on the island usually goes for between $4 million and $6 million, and the cheapest building on the island costs upward of $8 million. [/b]But because of the ridiculous prices of property on the island, about 60% of the completed buildings are currently unoccupied.

Do Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgeocxCE1hI&t=2s
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by johnnyn1(m): 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by czarina(f): 11:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
Beautiful! kiss

Need a relaxing Swedish Massage this weekend? Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by queendoreez(f): 12:35am On Jun 08, 2018
Wow! Nice!

But why is it too expensive? Houses in Belgium for example are between €160,000 to €450,000.
Why does houses in Nigeria with all the low standard of living and poor quality of life costs so much?

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by naijacentric(m): 7:29am On Jun 08, 2018
The most expensive slum in the world....BBC!
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by DoubleO07: 7:56am On Jun 08, 2018
Nice, but HIGHLY OVERRATED if you ask me.
You need to travel out of Lagos and Nigeria to know this is overrated as I said earlier.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by mammanbawa: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2018
DoubleO07:
Nice, but HIGHLY OVERRATED if you ask me.
You need to travel out of Lagos and Nigeria to know this is overrated as I said earlier.

It is very very very very very overrated

1 Like

Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
naijacentric:

Lol. That's not cool
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
But really there's nothing much in that banana island. I prefer to live in Lekki Phase 1 to Banana island
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by naijacentric(m): 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
oga70563:

Lol. That's not cool
as in ehn very say sad statement
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by ChiefAzubuike(f): 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
czarina:
Beautiful! kiss

Need a relaxing Swedish Massage this weekend? Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool
Ashawo business redefined.
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by Dacronym(m): 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
Wow so that lady is that rich, being called alongside Otedola and Co
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by czarina(f): 3:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Ah swear poverty does ugly things to a soul shocked
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by czarina(f): 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Really? I don't have time to exchange words with birdbrains so you go on and have the most miserable day ever kiss
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by ChiefAzubuike(f): 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
czarina:
Good for your myopic and backward self. Good day
Buhahaha. Masseur de masseur. Abeg I need your services in Lagos. I get waist problem. How much?

But we go fuçk like 2 rounds join sha.
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by ainatemitayo(m): 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
Oya na
showmethemoney:
Make I buy plot of land b4 it reach front page
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by ainatemitayo(m): 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lmao
KendrickAyomide:
it's full of bananas
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by ainatemitayo(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lol.. But na the truth na
Izuogu1:
All this million dollars you are quoting...
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by ainatemitayo(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
I wish i had an answer to this.
queendoreez:
Wow! Nice!

But why is it too expensive? Houses in Belgium for example are between €160,000 to €450,000.
Why does houses in Nigeria with all the low standard of living and poor quality of life costs so much?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by ainatemitayo(m): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
wow. First-time I'm hearing this
naijacentric:
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by ainatemitayo(m): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
There is some truth to this statement
oga70563:
But really there's nothing much in that banana island. I prefer to live in Lekki Phase 1 to Banana island
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by travelland(f): 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
queendoreez:
Wow! Nice!

People are paying for it because there is money to afford it. This is why you shouldn't be deceived by what you read here. The standard of living there is high. Good light and most stay in service flat with 24/7 light, security, roads, they have all basic amenities there, a lot of foreigners also live there.
Re: Welcome To BANANA ISLAND Lagos Nigeria. Whats Inside?? by Square2020(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2019
Banana and monkey island

(1) (Reply)

Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen / Cheapest Nursing School In Canada / Nigeria Becomes Ineligible For The DV-2015 Lottery..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.