Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,353 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen (5512 Views)

I've 8m, I'm Looking For A Country I Can Travel To For Msc Program Apart From UK / Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. / Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 11:41am On Oct 16, 2021
Hello i need advice am planing to invest around 9m (16000) for an msc in international business and finance at the university of aberdeen Scotland . Is this a good move people with expirence I need advice.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by ekpanbaghi: 11:53am On Oct 16, 2021
Only you can decide. Do a "Cost-Benefit" analysis. What will the investment get you when you graduate? A lucrative job in a parastatal like NNPC/CBN etc? If not, 9million will go a long way for an entrepreneur in Naija

8 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
ekpanbaghi:
Only you can decide. Do a "Cost-Benefit" analysis. What will the investment get you when you graduate? A lucrative job in a parastatal like NNPC/CBN etc? If not, 9million will go a long way for an entrepreneur in Naija
i don't want to come back to Nigeria to work but uk .if na Cbn I rather use 3m buy the job. NNPC and CBN even abia state university or Sokoto university degree and master plus connection can serve.

3 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
You alone can decide.
- how much is the average pay in Scotland after graduating from school?
- Are there any official and legal ways to remain in the country?

I am currently spending the same amount for a UK msc & i can tell you that i feel the same way you feel after spending over 10M+ as tuition and living expenses.

But then i compare the benefits i would get with staying back in Nigeria. So i take a decision based on that.
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Saynoomore: 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2021
Speaking from experience, UK does not have jobs for you after graduation. The job market does not favour international students after graduation. They are, however, happy to have your money and to count you among the growing numbers of their international students!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saynoomore:
Speaking from experience, UK does not have jobs for you after graduation. The job market does not favour international students after graduation. They are, however, happy to have your money and to count you among the growing numbers of their international students!

But they now give you 2 years post study visa. So this time is enough for you to find a job.

Or haven't you heard about the post study visa?

1 Like

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by onibokun10(m): 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saynoomore:

Does this means there is job scarcity in the UK despite their job shortage adverts??
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Saynoomore: 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
truthsayer009:

But they now give you 2 years post study visa. So this time is enough for you to find a job.

Or haven't you heard about the post study visa?

grin I laugh! Who no go no know!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Saynoomore: 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2021
onibokun10:

Does this means there is job scarcity in the UK despite their job shortage adverts??

Not so short that they now desire you! Except for those in health field, and of course there's a condition - pass the exams convincingly, then start the job hunt. If you are lucky to get all these done within 2 yr post-study period, good for you! Else, find your way back to square one!

3 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saynoomore:

grin I laugh! Who no go no know!

What does this mean oh cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by ednut1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2021
onibokun10:

job scarcity in certain fields people dont wanna do. If you go study wetin everyone get oyo is your case.

3 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by ednut1(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2021
Munamoqel:
Hello i need advice am planing to invest around 9m (16000) for an msc in international business and finance at the university of aberdeen Scotland . Is this a good move people with expirence I need advice.
unless you are studying a course that is on the shortage list for jobs. You are likely wasting ya time. Unless you go find person marry there after

3 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
ednut1:
unless you are studying a course that is on the shortage list for jobs. You are likely wasting ya time. Unless you go find person marry there after
hmm .am in state of confusion.

3 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by ednut1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
Munamoqel:
hmm .am in state of confusion.
why not try usa, canada, japan or other scandanavia countries. Look on linkedn too to check how former international students in the school are faring.

4 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saynoomore:
please how much can be recoup during the post study visa from the investment .
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
ednut1:
why not try usa, canada, japan or other scandanavia countries. Look on linkedn too to check how former international students in the school are faring.
canada was my first choice university of Brandon but my application has been on for over a year now since Oct 2020.i received my notes and it said reviewed required .I have mailed everbody including prime minister yet .for Ireland u can't travel with your family or invite them over .which is not nice at all .America I dont like their life style.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
Am doubting the UK waka cos must people know came back to Nigeria unlike canada and Australia. It tell a lot.

5 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by ednut1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
Munamoqel:
canada was my first choice university of Brandon but my application has been on for over a year now since Oct 2020.i received my notes and it said reviewed required .I have mailed everbody including prime minister yet .for Ireland u can't travel with your family or invite them over .which is not nice at all .America I dont like their life style.
funny . What is the difference between uk an usa Not much
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2021
ednut1:
gun violence,

1 Like

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Saynoomore: 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
Munamoqel:
please how much can be recoup during the post study visa from the investment .

How you wan do am na? That money doesn't come easy! You go cry o! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saynoomore:

How you wan do am na? That money doesn't come easy! You go cry o! grin
Na wa the more u look the less u see be that .if i buy 2 trippers with the money by October it will be miniting cash.
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by jtech17: 3:24am On Oct 17, 2021
ednut1:
how is japan bros... are you not the same ednut that on Nigerian breweries recruitment thread some years back..

1 Like

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Limassol(m): 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
Munamoqel:
Na wa the more u look the less u see be that .if i buy 2 trippers with the money by October it will be miniting cash.
I recommend the following countries: Germany, Norway or The Netherlands. Give neither a try and you won't regret it.

5 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Deltayankeeboi: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
ednut1:

Bro will on average 10million be able to sponsor someone for a master’s degree in Canada or USA?
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Saynoomore: 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2021
ednut1:

There's difference o!
UK - good transport system all-over! Subways and buses work well! You dont even need a car!
Universal health care!
Gun control

US - good transport system available only in some states! You'll need a car!
No universal health care! You'll need health insurance!
No gun control.

However, I think US appears to have more opportunities for work - just a little better than UK! However, a good job doesnt come easy in all these countries, especially for men of colour!
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Gloriouscrown: 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2021
Saynoomore:

Not so short that they now desire you! Except for those in health field, and of course there's a condition - pass the exams convincingly, then start the job hunt. If you are lucky to get all these done within 2 yr post-study period, good for you! Else, find your way back to square one!

Hello, how about it sector?
Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Focusmind: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Please discard this idea. Don't go there and waste your scarce resources. There is no job, especially in professional finance sector for foreigners. Depression will set in after the so called two years post study visa must have expired.

If you are from a rich home, no problems. But if you are self funded and intends paying from your hard earned money, please abort mission. They are interested in your money. Channel that money to better use in Nigeria.

The kind of depression and frustration that lots of Nigerians face after spending their hard earned money in UK without job after words is better imagined than experienced. It's not funny. One was practically begging for a call center job after close to two years sitting at home with all the drama from her family.

3 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Nozino: 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
Munamoqel:
Am doubting the UK waka cos must people know came back to Nigeria unlike canada and Australia. It tell a lot.

Before you start your application, learn the difference between I’m and am. It’s annoying when “graduates” use them interchangeably.

14 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Munamoqel: 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nozino:

Before you start your application, learn the difference between I’m and am. It’s annoying when “graduates” uses them interchangeably.
weldone queen Elizabeth. Who get time to type long grammar on a forum .u must be mad .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by Nozino: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
Munamoqel:
weldone queen Elizabeth. Who get time to type long grammar on a forum .u must be mad .

“I’m” is long and “am” is short? Are they the same thing? I’m sure you’re the mad person.

10 Likes

Re: Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen by ednut1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
Deltayankeeboi:

Bro will on average 10million be able to sponsor someone for a master’s degree in Canada or USA?
simple research you cant make. Shame

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cheapest Nursing School In Canada / Nigeria Becomes Ineligible For The DV-2015 Lottery.. / Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.