Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? (26748 Views)

China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria / 7 Fuel-efficient Cars To Buy / Meet Obi Okeke, Who Has Sold Over 39 Luxury Cars To Floyd Mayweather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by asumo12: 1:39am On Jun 11, 2018
No one prefer the old Honda Accord?

shocked

3 Likes

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by makizee(m): 5:46am On Jun 11, 2018
asumo12:
No one prefer the old Honda Accord?

shocked

I was looking forward to someone saying this...The honda accord popularly called "Discussion continues " is one of the most beaitiful cars till date to me, the one with the LED lights in an all red triangular tail light...it is definitely finer than the model that came after it, both in exterior and interior... If not for that model's penchant for ball joint issue...i still look at that model year like it jist came out, very good looking car.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 11, 2018
As far as I am concerned, the BMW 2002 and Bavaria are the last real BMWs that were produced.

If BMW reintroduces these models they will sell every single one that they build.

The only saving grace to modern vehicles are the safety stuff like ABS, SRS. I don't care for 18 speaker surround audio system or other nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:
As far as I am concerned, the BMW 2002 and Bavaria are the last real BMWs that were produced.

If BMW reintroduces these models they will sell every single one that they build.

The only saving grace to modern vehicles are the safety stuff like ABS, SRS. I don't care for 18 speaker surround audio system or other nonsense.
Sir have you driven one of these before?
Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by virtualking: 7:38am On Jun 11, 2018
Pinoralia:
When it comes to techie products- cars, phones, electronics and digital gadgets..... nearly everyone prefers the latest models to the former ones as the manufacturers would have improved on the features, functions and capabilities of these products as the case may be.

Well well well...
I prefer the design and shape of some cars models to their successors. To mention a few:

1. I prefer the sporty look of Volkswagen golf 4 (1997-2003)to Volkswagen golf 5(2003 - 2008).

2. I prefer the curvy toyota camry xv40 (2007-2011) to toyota camry xv50 ( 2012-2017).

3. The elegance of BMW e90 (2005-2011) catches my attention more the BMW F30 (2012-presnt).

Maybe I am not alone. please share if there is/are car model(s) that you prefer its predecessor.

Yes initially I would prefer to buy old models of the car before buying new models, it would be better for learning purpose then you can buy new models
Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2018
dumo1:

Sir have you driven one of these before?

I've personally owned at least 5 of each registered in my name. Model years 1966 through 1978.

1 Like

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I've personally owned at least 5 of each registered in my name. Model years 1966 through 1978.
Wow! shocked I am sure you really enjoyed those rides.
Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 11, 2018
dumo1:

Wow! shocked I am sure you really enjoyed those rides.

I certainly have great affection for them. I love classic vehicles.

It's shame that Nigeria frowns on importing them.

1 Like

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I certainly have great affection for them. I love classic vehicles.

It's shame that Nigeria frowns on importing them.
I also love classic vehicles too. They were always so durable and very strong especially the Mercedes and BMW of the old days. I think one can still inport them into Nigeria for a premium.

1 Like

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by Pinoralia: 3:08am On Jun 13, 2018
luxy44:
I prefer the e39 to the e60

prefer bmw e39 to e60, are you for real?
choice differs anyway.

I prefer tiny light to big daddy
I am with you as preference of camry tiny light to big daddy. a lot of people hate big daddy.

1 Like

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by asumo12: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2018
makizee:

I was looking forward to someone saying this...The honda accord popularly called "Discussion continues " is one of the most beaitiful cars till date to me, the one with the LED lights in an all red triangular tail light...it is definitely finer than the model that came after it, both in exterior and interior... If not for that model's penchant for ball joint issue...i still look at that model year like it jist came out, very good looking car.

I think Honda got the best design in both exterior and interior, I love the new model sha (2014,2017) kiss

1 Like

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by dasphinx1(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2018
sabi99:
fvck em new model cars coz we riding old schools...

Young Buck wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by iwene390(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
I prefer 505 peujoat(evolution) to these modern poegoat cars... even camry 1997(v6) still rocks better than these modern ones. we hav camry big daddy and sienna too. bliv me, they don't give me dsame pleasure I derive in drivin the 505 and the big daddy(the one u call big for nothing)

1 Like

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by mammanbawa: 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
The older Infiniti FX series looks so much better than the new one
Same goes with the RAV4, the newer RAV4's rear end is very ugly
The E60 BMW 5 series looks better than the F10
LR3 and LR4 look better than the new discovery
Camry pencil light looks better than Bigfool/Bigdaddy
I prefer EODs rear end to D.C.
The rear end of the Acura TL 09-011 looks better than that of the prefacelift Acura TLX

3 Likes

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
mammanbawa:

I prefer EODs rear end to D.C.

This. This so much. DC's rear is all kinds of ugly, urgh!

1 Like

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by mammanbawa: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

This. This so much. DC's rear is all kinds of ugly, urgh!

When it's was unveiled in 2006 as the 2007 model
I was like is this chinko EOD
The EOD was one of the finest sedans of that time
That's why the DC was discontinued after just a year
It's so ugz

3 Likes

Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by Pinoralia: 2:15am On Jun 21, 2018
virtually everyone hates big daddy/ big for nothing/ big fool....

Then who are the buyers?
Re: Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? by ITbomb(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2018
Pinoralia:
virtually everyone hates big daddy/ big for nothing/ big fool....

Then who are the buyers?
From the outside, you might hate it, but when the car stand people tells you, "that Corolla is 1.8, the Lexus is 2m, the Benz is 2.4, the Golf is 1m and the Big Daddy is 1.3m" , your pocket will tell you that it is a sin to hate

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! / Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. / Samson Switchblade,World's 1st 2-Seater Flying Sports Car Goes On Sale Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.