Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. (10665 Views)

Lagos Blue Line Rail To Commence Full Operations From Sept 4 / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja / President Buhari Commissions Abuja Light Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2018
Omeokachie:

Ticketers = 100 (Assuming 10 per engine, even though we don't know how many engines that will ply that rail).

Cleaners = 50 (Even Abuja and MMIA put together can't boast of that number).

Drivers = 30 (taking into account shifts and all. That is even if we have up to 3 engines).

Carriage/rail maintenance = 100 (if they are brand new engines, then they will have very little to do).

Signals = 10 (really wonder what they will be doing)

Security = 50 (what is the ratio of policemen to citizens? need less but we leave it at that).

IT = 10 (they are not working for a telecoms company)

HR = 5 (need to issue query to all the workers that would have nothing to do).

Accountants = 10 (even though NRC would have their personnel)

Lawyers = 5 (not a law chamber)

Administrators = 50 (typical overbloated workforce)

Media and Medicals = 10 (this is not a media outfit or a hospital)

ETC. = 1,000 (let's even dash 1000 to unknown workers)

Total is N1,430.

Even when we bring all the hawkers on board the platforms, say 5,000, we would still be way short of this 20,000 figure.

APC and magic figures...

your head dey work at full capacity
my guy go mama ble ble joint go relax yourself with one crate of orijin and three plates of nkwobi. bills on me

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by Zabilon007(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
Which kyn traffic congestion? Is it from airport to churchgate that you're shouting traffic congestion.... Why una no do am reach Nyanya?.... Abi no be Abuja bdat?... Misplaced priority!
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by MPESA(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
Omeokachie:
20,000 jobs? As passengers on the train or what?
Bros abeg if you ask me na who I go ask
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by Mutemenot(m): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
dis kind lie dey cause earthquake
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by DrObum(m): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

Ticketers, cleaners, drivers, carriage maintenance, rail maintenance, signals, security, IT infrastructure, HR, accountants, lawyers, administrators, media and medical etc.
You forgot pick pockets, runs babes and hawkers coming into there soon.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by MPESA(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

Ticketers, cleaners, drivers, carriage maintenance, rail maintenance, signals, security, IT infrastructure, HR, accountants, lawyers, administrators, media and medical etc.
Just take a look at the kind of trash that's coming out of your mouth at your age, that's why Nigeria can never move forward with this kind of animals in humans form .
You can't even call a spade a spade.

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by lastempero: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
Including the passengers shocked
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by no1madman(m): 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
Liar!

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by laurel03(m): 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
Omeokachie:

Ticketers = 100 (Assuming 10 per engine, even though we don't know how many engines that will ply that rail).

Drivers = 30 (taking into account shifts and all. That is even if we have up to 3 engines).

Carriage/rail maintenance = 100 (if they are brand new engines, then they will have very little to do).

Security = 50 (what is the ratio of policemen to citizens? need less but we leave it at that).

Total is N1,430.

Even when we bring all the hawkers on board the platforms, say 5,000, we would still be way short of this 20,000 figure.

APC and magic figures...
that is government for you not issue of Apc or Pdp....
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by rhektor(m): 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
Fairy tales of imaginary jobs all over the internet

Mtchewwwwww
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by excomarow(m): 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
Omeokachie:

Total is N1,430.

APC and magic figures...

Ogahoo!

Una villlage peopel sabi share oo
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by Charly68: 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
zabuur:
We are never grateful in this country. We don't know how to play opposition. What do we need. What do we want? A lot of men here can't run their homes well, yet they will come here bad mouthing leaders of communities, States, nations.

We really need to encourage nice moves like this.

If they do, propaganda. If they don't, they are not performing.

To hell with anybody who doesn't see anything good in good things
Don't mind the blinded critics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by Optimist88(m): 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nigerian Railway Corporation can't even boast of this!
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by abokikhalifa: 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
Omeokachie:
Do you have problem with job creation. Allow them to their job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by okomile(f): 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
They have recruited long long ago.

They are over staffed already

Waiting for Ajaokuta Rail to resume and so many will be deployed there.

No vacancy in the railways grin grin grin
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by Oblang(m): 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
zabuur:
We are never grateful in this country. We don't know how to play opposition. What do we need. What do we want? A lot of men here can't run their homes well, yet they will come here bad mouthing leaders of communities, States, nations.

We really need to encourage nice moves like this.

If they do, propaganda. If they don't, they are not performing.

To hell with anybody who doesn't see anything good in good things

In fact nobody is telling them not to criticize but what is wrong in commending what is right when u see one. I just weak for our ppl. Na bad belle dey worry most of them...

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by eyeforeye(m): 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
AceRoyal:

Who's created the economic downturn in the first place?

You guys are screaming patients, patients with a very insensitive government with very anti people policies and all?
The saboteurs you speak of are part and parcel of this present government, with unemployment, hardship and corruption still very high.

20,000 future jobs when millions have lost their jobs and businesses in 3years and the number keeps on increasing!

No concrete efforts to alleviate the suffering of the masses.
Only hunting of perceived political enemies and the tussle for power. No concrete economic blueprint or vision for the sustainable development of the country.

They don't listen to the masses. What have they done about the Herdsmen killings? Instead they send soldiers to guard them. What have they done about the SARS menace, etc?

Stop this online deceit.

Let us stand for the truth irrespective of our tribe, religious or political affiliations or backgrounds.

This government flatters to deceive!

I love my country but I'm ashamed of our leaders!

i understand your grievance, but the youth also contribute alot to the problem of the great country when you call on the masses are we not the masses? they come to the constituency offer you cash, you accept it and vote blindly, this is the result bro, but the pmb i believed in is on the right path to rescue this country, but like you have mentioned our leaders who are not ready to sacrifice for the nation, let stop the hate and ad complain, let channel the energy we invest in complaining about the government into more productive avenue. Believe me there are opportunities in nigeria than many European country if we can love ourselves.
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by speedyGonzales: 2:54pm On Jun 08, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by DisGuy: 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2018
The benefits of the project include the potential for over 20,000 jobs, aside boosting the economic fortunes of the Territory

Lazy Youths - won't take time to read and comprehend grin

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by AceRoyal: 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
eyeforeye:

i understand your grievance, but the youth also contribute alot to the problem of the great country when you call on the masses are we not the masses? they come to the constituency offer you cash, you accept it and vote blindly, this is the result bro, but the pmb i believed in is on the right path to rescue this country, but like you have mentioned our leaders who are not ready to sacrifice for the nation, let stop the hate and ad complain, let channel the energy we invest in complaining about the government into more productive avenue. Believe me there are opportunities in nigeria than many European country if we can love ourselves.

Double standards and hypocrisy at its peak!
Did you ever make such statement during the last administration?
Leaders that regard their people as lazy and outrightly corrupt?
Mention one thing that's of benefit as been a citizen of Nigeria?
I'm nonpartisan, this administration has absolutely nothing to offer other than self preservation.
No vision or direction. Nothing to boost sustainable development for the future.

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by thewesternking: 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
Omeokachie:

Total is N1,430.

APC and magic figures...

You need to be a secretary in your village council of elders. This your guestimations are not the true reflections of the jobs that will be created. Say no more cos the igwe has spoken.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by eyeforeye(m): 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2018
AceRoyal:

Double standards and hypocrisy at its peak!
Did you ever make such statement during the last administration?
Leaders that regard their people as lazy and outrightly corrupt?
Mention one thing that's of benefit as been a citizen of Nigeria?
I'm nonpartisan, this administration has absolutely nothing to offer other than self preservation.
No vision or direction. Nothing to boost sustainable development for the future.

During the last administration i so much believed in gej as a person because of his kind nature academic proficiency, but i gave up on the administration when he was scared to take bold step, he could tame or caution any group or person that want to disrupt is government and also allowing his wife to direct the affairs of the then ruling party thereby choosing who and who not to become a governor or a public officer is a shame to the giant of africa, that was the candid the reason i stop advocating for the last administration, the oil we banked on is crashed so what did you expect from any government that will over take to do? he will definitely use the resource on ground, he wont use his personal money to run the economy mind you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by thewesternking: 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
speedyGonzales:

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&hs=reK&ei=FooaW-2QEIqegAbPkKSoDw&q=Heathrow+airport+number+of+workers+at&oq=Heathrow+airport+number+of+workers+at&gs_l=psy-ab.3...4842.11100.0.12615.21.17.0.0.0.0.489.953.4-2.2.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..19.2.953...0j0i22i30k1j33i22i29i30k1.0.9C_gbNC2mI4

Brotherly, your link says heathrow is one of the largest employment site in London. It has an estimated 76,800 workers.
That's almost four times the number that the Abuja light rail boasts. So what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by akosh005: 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2018
Omeokachie:
As buy cold pure water, gala and so on......

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by AceRoyal: 3:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
eyeforeye:

During the last administration i so much believed in gej as a person because of his kind nature academic proficiency, but i gave up on the administration when he was scared to take bold step, he could tame or caution any group or person that want to disrupt is government and also allowing his wife to direct the affairs of the then ruling party thereby choosing who and who not to become a governor or a public officer is a shame to the giant of africa, that was the candid the reason i stop advocating for the last administration, the oil we banked on is crashed so what did you expect from any government that will over take to do? he will definitely use the resource on ground, he wont use his personal money to run the economy mind you.
I have a lot to say but let me reserve my comments.
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by Carlyboi(m): 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
What is the big deal!Afterall ordinary Npower na 500,000 jobs Npower Created in just 8months..Nigeria govt and bloated,bogus figures go make you wan slap Pesin!Myscheeew
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by maxzzo1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

All this u mentioned no even reach 1000....
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by efighter: 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
Buhari is completing all projects abandoned by Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, Goatluck. What a miracle working God we serve who gave us a miracle working President. There is no single project that Obasanjo/Yar'Adua/Goatluck started and completed, even the looting and sharing of the nation's treasury, they did not complete it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
yeankhar49:
Secretary, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Chinyeaka Ohaa, has said that the coming into operation of the Abuja Light Rail service would accelerate FCT economy by boosting investments and creating job opportunities.

Ohaa gave the assurance on Thursday in Abuja when he led directors and management staff of the Administration on an inspection of the 78km Abuja Light Rail.

He reaffirmed FCT Administration’s commitment to ensuring that the Mass Transit service was inaugurated in a matter of weeks.

According to him, already the FCT Administration has written to the Presidency for a convenient date for its inauguration.
“The benefits of the project include the potential for over 20,000 jobs, aside boosting the economic fortunes of the Territory.’’

He said the Abuja Rail project which started in 2009 would help to curtail drastically traffic congestion in the nation’s capital city.

Ohaa added that all the necessary infrastructure and human personnel have been put in place for a successful event.

Source: https://www.makeitglobal.biz/abuja-light-rail-create-20000-jobs-says-perm-sec/

Nigerian government n stupidity.

WILL 20,000 people even enter that train everyday? Talk more of creating 20,000 jobs.
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by GavelSlam: 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
maxzzo1:

All this u mentioned no even reach 1000....

That's what people said when MTN came along.
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by loomer: 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

oga with all these e no still fit reach 20000.
Re: Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. by dgbaba: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
Metuh:
Liars. Heathrow airport can't even boast of such numbers of workforce.

Apc are demonic

Nigerian youths love taking pride in ignorance. Heathrow airport boasts roughly 80,000 workers. Yes, u read that right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Railway Corporation Generates N80million From Abuja-kaduna Train Service / Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel / Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.