Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,137 members, 7,838,885 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) (23659 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Davidfashman: 7:56am On Jun 12, 2018
K
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Sanchez01: 7:57am On Jun 12, 2018
DaBullIT:
Lalasticlala

I take God beg you , Feature this post

I was literally sent back to my youth

this is awesome !!!!!

MKO , is awa manu oo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j6vVSZ7wiE
I remember this quite well.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Jimmy231: 8:00am On Jun 12, 2018
Paperwhite:

"I tire for this life o, nah so so wahala.
Food o,nah headache,Hospital no work,
I tire for this life o.

SDP, SDP, SDP! Progress!
Abiola! Abiola!! Abiola!!! Progress!"

That advert reign then no be small. grin grin I swear the indomie generation will no have an idea of what this was all about.I was part of this struggle in Ibadan then.
hmm mm oshe. Sakamanje
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Toks2008(m): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2018
Hmmmm! When men were boys...how time flies.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 12, 2018
BABAGINDA MUST PAY FOR THIS ATROCITIES HE DID TO ABIOLA's FAMILY AND NIGERIA AT LARGE

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by ajepako(f): 8:05am On Jun 12, 2018
Wow!

My first participation in an election as an adult.....

And l remember waking up early to exercise my right to vote for SDP

The queue was massive yet voters remained calm even under the scorchy sun..

MKO was the man..

IBB, l will not forgive you, l swear..

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by enemyofprogress: 8:08am On Jun 12, 2018
I was not burned then
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Maximus85(m): 8:09am On Jun 12, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Since it's Throwback Friday and the late MKO Abiola is in the news, we decided to throwback to one of his 1993 election campaign jingles. watch the video below. Nigerians really missed the great business man in Africa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uRgSsRBrqs

Thief, Ole, F'ole F'ole Armed robber.

If you know you know.

That was how we sang during that election. We supported Abiola and SDP. We hated TOFA.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by haryorbarmie83(m): 8:12am On Jun 12, 2018
Daddy, mummy, Abiola ni eh Dibo fun.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by batstan(m): 8:20am On Jun 12, 2018
id911:

Funny enough, I was in primary 4 then but had political awareness more than even some higher institutions students! I was by far the smallest and the only kid who went to the stadium by himself! The stadium is close to our house sha.Oron Township stadium in Akwa Ibom State. When I arrived the gate, the soldiers stopped me and asked where I was going, I told them I came to cheer and support our next President Chief MKO Abiola, they all bust into laughter and were surprised at my confidence.

They allowed me in. When MKO arrived, they took me close to his chopper so I could have a clear view of him
Just wrote my JAMB, back then, ABU.
I was caught up in the protest in Kaduna.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by greenprince(m): 8:22am On Jun 12, 2018
id911:

Funny enough, I was in primary 4 then but had political awareness more than even some higher institutions students! I was by far the smallest and the only kid who went to the stadium by himself! The stadium is close to our house sha.Oron Township stadium in Akwa Ibom State. When I arrived the gate, the soldiers stopped me and asked where I was going, I told them I came to cheer and support our next President Chief MKO Abiola, they all bust into laughter and were surprised at my confidence.

They allowed me in. When MKO arrived, they took me close to his chopper so I could have a clear view of him

Wow.... what lovely memories you must have. Enough gist for your kids. cheesy

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Oyindidi(f): 8:26am On Jun 12, 2018
Wow! Good old days
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Oyindidi(f): 8:27am On Jun 12, 2018
id911:

I was in primary 2 then grin
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by saintkeppy(m): 8:27am On Jun 12, 2018
id911:

U be Oron man? wink I was in primary 3 at Hillside Int'L grin
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by TEYA: 8:28am On Jun 12, 2018
id911:

Right! I was in primary six then. I could tell the names of all governors, most ministers etc. I would always go to the library in my dad's office and read newspapers. It surprises me how much I knew.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Beewhy01(m): 8:33am On Jun 12, 2018
Paperwhite:

"I tire for this life o, nah so so wahala.
Food o,nah headache,Hospital no work,
I tire for this life o.

SDP, SDP, SDP! Progress!
Abiola! Abiola!! Abiola!!! Progress!"

That advert reign then no be small. grin grin I swear the indomie generation will no have an idea of what this was all about.I was part of this struggle in Ibadan then.

It's MKO, KINGIBE, SDP! ACTION!
ABIOLA, ABIOLA, ABIOLA! PROGRESS!
WAITING U DEY DO/LOOK OOOO MY BROTHER AND MY SISTER!
SECURE OUR FUTURE FOR A BETTER TOMORROW
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by okomile(f): 8:33am On Jun 12, 2018
DaBullIT:

Awa niyen.

Don't mind them. Indomie generation grin
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Luzie1996: 8:37am On Jun 12, 2018
DaBullIT:
Lalasticlala

this is awesome !!!!!

MKO , is awa manu oo

And you still dey alive bro even the mko self Don die.

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Luzie1996: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
And you still dey online. Even mko himself Don die
DaBullIT:
Lalasticlala

this is awesome !!!!!

MKO , is awa manu oo

And you still dey alive bro even the mko self Don die.

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Viking007(m): 8:40am On Jun 12, 2018
id911:
a
Hmmmm... There was another one they sang in the stadium when we went to receive him. Before MKO arrived the stadium, we started dancing to the tune and the song goes like this: "Nigeria on the march again...on the march again... we are waiting for Mr President...on the march again... MKOoooo...is our man o... "

Mehn, when MKO arrived the the stadium, Nigerians were so happy as if we were in heaven, chai... I've never witnessed something like that again and can never forget it
I had goose bumps reading this comment, I never knew Nigeria had it this good. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Pretty002: 8:50am On Jun 12, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Since it's Throwback Friday and the late MKO Abiola is in the news, we decided to throwback to one of his 1993 election campaign jingles. watch the video below. Nigerians really missed the great business man in Africa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uRgSsRBrqs
pls how can i save the video on my phone
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:54am On Jun 12, 2018
MKO Is Our Man.... was the most popular.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 8:55am On Jun 12, 2018
saintkeppy:

Wow, nice! Abi Oron man o
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 8:56am On Jun 12, 2018
saintkeppy:

yeah bro
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by TheKingIsHere: 9:01am On Jun 12, 2018
ajepako:
Wow!

My first participation in an election as an adult.....

And l remember waking up early to exercise my right to vote for SDP

The queue was massive yet voters remained calm even under the scorchy sun..

MKO was the man..

IBB, l will not forgive you, l swear..

What about Abacha the man that is Buhari's mentor? Abacha order the killings of unarmed protesters after the elections. People forget easily

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2018
Viking007:
I had goose bumps reading this comment, I never knew Nigeria had it this good. embarassed

One could see extreme joy and happiness in peoples' faces then because of M.K.O. The bastard in Minna and his gang truncated those
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by TheKingIsHere: 9:04am On Jun 12, 2018
An era where there was nothing like tribalism.

Nothing like, he is Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa.

We all voted because we believed that the person would change our lives.

But today, Buhari has brought tribalism, nepotism and hatred to and all high.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by saintkeppy(m): 9:05am On Jun 12, 2018
id911:

Wow, nice! Abi Oron man o

ALaha Sir!

Nnda! Salah dighi?? smiley
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by akdjr(m): 9:05am On Jun 12, 2018
If only you know the atrocities of MKO you won't bother to ask this kind of question. quote author=tim1256 post=68303795]Can someone just tell us why Babangida just because of personal differences with Abiola nullified that election? [/quote]
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 9:05am On Jun 12, 2018
greenprince:

Wow.... what lovely memories you must have. Enough gist for your kids. cheesy

Definitely bro... It will be difficult to see Nigerians of all tribes deriving so much joy on hearing and seeing a presidential hopeful like Abiola

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 9:08am On Jun 12, 2018
saintkeppy:

ALaha Sir!

Nnda! Salah dighi?? smiley

Nnda, Alaha! Ediokho!

Ile ofo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole To Governor Bala Mohammed: You Are Looking For Trouble / Governor AbdulRazaq Donates 10-Month Salary To Fight Coronavirus In Kwara / Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.