Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,829,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana (502 Views)

Economy: Major Indicators That Will Shape Nigeria In 2023 / 7 Personalities That Will Shape Nigeria In 2023 / 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
The Special Assistant to the Akwa Ibom State Governor on New Media, Mrs Meflyn Anwana, has called on Akwa Ibom people to adopt a digital culture, so as to expedite the emergence of the digital economy envisioned by Governor Udom Emmanuel.

Mrs Meflyn made the statement at her office in the Akwa Ibom State Government House Press Center, while receiving media practitioner and Secretary of the Coalition of Online Publishers in Akwa Ibom State, Mr Nelson NseAbasi on Thursday, 7th June 2018.

The visit, in the presentation by Mr Nelson, was to officially brief the Governor’s aide on the activities and achievements of the group, while proposing possible partnership with the state government through the New Media desk. According to him, like every other profession, new media practitioners felt the need to have an umbrella body, currently working on building strong relationship with the Nigerian Union of Journalists, Akwa Ibom State. He said COOPA has among other feats, sponsored some members to the annual Social Media Week in Lagos, conducted the just concluded Democracy Day Tweet Series to mark 19 years of Democracy in Nigeria.

In her remarks, Mrs Meflyn commended the efforts of COOPA towards changing the Akwa Ibom narrative and propagating the Akwa Ibom brand in good light, revealing that she is happy about the internet revolution in Akwa Ibom State, the vibrant ecosystems and the potentials for exploits. Explaining that the sector has a capacity of creating a chain of employment opportunities for Graphic Designers, Programmers, DataBase Managers, Network Managers Software developers and Hardware engineers, empowering stakeholders and practitioners at different levels of the ladder.

Speaking further, the governor’s aide described Governor Udom Emmanuel as God sent at a time like this when the world is transiting to a digital age, owing to his understanding and appreciation of new trends in Information Communication Technology and his approach to governance. She charged members of the group and new media practitioners in the state to employ best practices in the discharge of their duties, to help achieve the goal of her boss, which is to create a digital economy where citizens can maximize profit in their endeavours by applying technology to whatsoever their hands find to do.

According to her, ‘Governor Emmanuel has enabled an e-governance module that puts power in the hands of the citizenry, thereby ensuring daily participation, inclusion and involvement of citizens as stakeholders in the Akwa Ibom project’.

Mrs Anwana seized the opportunity to call on Akwa Ibom people to rise to the faith of greatness by learning to do things differently. In her words, ‘Our people should know that there is power in the internet and it can help them to do things in a better way’. She said the Governor is sensitive to the yearnings of the people and he is concerned about their feedback, which is why he has created a mechanism to facilitate easy communication with the citizens via his social media channels below.

Facebook – Udom Emmanuel
Twitter- @MrUdomEmmanuel
Instagram – MrUdomEmmanuel

Email – Udom.Emmanuel@akwaibomstate.gov.ng

Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by Penaldo: 2:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
Akwa Ibom has gone digital. This is in tune with 21st century realities

Meanwhile, the SA is beautiful make I no lie
Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by HappyNigerian: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
To be candid, the e-government mode of Udom Emmanuel has made governance accessible to the common man and young people. I pray it be replicated in Nigeria...

cc Ibibiofirstlady madamgrace
Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
Penaldo:
Akwa Ibom has gone digital. This is in tune with 21st century realities

Meanwhile, the SA is beautiful make I no lie
Well, I can say that only few governors are 21st century savvy and only few government embrace technology.

Akwa Ibom state and Lagos state are the only two technology savvy state with techy government that I can think of.

Well done Udom, your journey to Akwa Ibom greatest will continue till 2023 and beyond (if possible)
Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
HappyNigerian:
To be candid, the e-government mode of Udom Emmanuel has made governance accessible to the common man and young people. I pray it be replicated in Nigeria...

The present government is too analogue to replicate it... Hopefully when PDP take charge at the federal level.
Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by HappyNigerian: 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

The present government is too analogue to replicate it... Hopefully when PDP take charge at the federal level.
pls don't get it twisted. I am for Governor Udom Emmanuel in Akwa Ibom state but not interested in PDP/APC in federal.

But I agree that Buhari is analog
Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by madamgrace: 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
HappyNigerian:

Why didn't you call Kabongo1?
Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by madamgrace: 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
Every Ibomites know that Akwa Ibom state has gone digital and Akwa Ibom people are embracing it. Akwa Ibom is blessed
Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by madamgrace: 3:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
HappyNigerian:

pls don't get it twisted. I am for Governor Udom Emmanuel in Akwa Ibom state but not interested in PDP/APC in federal.

But I agree that Buhari is analog
You can't take party out of this. Which APC Governor can stand shoulder to shoulder with PDP?
Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by DaBullIT(m): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
hmmm tONYE POSTED SOMETHING
Re: Embracing A Digital Culture Will Shape Nigeria's Economy - Meflyn Uwana by ibibiofirstlady(f): 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
HappyNigerian:

Thanks for the mention!!!

Udom 2023 is settled

(1) (Reply)

Reasons For National Black-out / Military Arrests Five Over Reprisal On Fulani Community In Adamawa / Recruitment: Reps Move To Review Age Barrier For Applicants Into NPF, NYSC, FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.