Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (43471 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by GreenArrow1(m): 8:54am On Jun 12, 2018
Throwback:

Yes it's there with the reporter in the periphery of the picture.

Except Channels already existed in 1993 when there were no private TV stations in Nigeria at all.

Some of you just like to argue with Apollo in your eyes. Haba! Do you think TV/Radio stations don't compile reports/programmes before going on air? If they don't, what would they then air on their first days? Your Nairaland arguments? All these "see no good" people sef.

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by Chukazu: 8:57am On Jun 12, 2018
seunmsg:

He fought for the democracy that you Igbos and wailers now take for granted. Where were you and your parents when he was fighting for Nigeria's democracy? See, if you have nothing meaning to contribute, just read and exit the thread quietly. Sowore did not just fight for democracy, he's still doing his best to deepen democracy and hold our corrupt leaders to account. He's one of the finest gentleman this country has produced.

Why must you guys always attach tribal leanings to comments?
You could have corrected her without the tribal tirades.

Are you telling me that Olisa Agbakoba, and Igbo man didn't fight for Democracy, the struggle was only fought and won by your family people?

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 12, 2018
Daviddson:
Students Union used to be a thorn in the flesh of the military governments of those days. At least, so I heard. But nowadays they're only good in sharing of politicians blood money and being used as thugs to rig elections or waiting for external financial inducement before they start a protest.

You are very right...I grew up near unilag and this dude used to come to my moms to eat and he has always been on the side of the truth..remember going to the June 12 riots and how vocal he was,remember when he was almost assassinated while at unilag..he has paid his dues and if he runs sure will vote for him...at least he had d balls like Gani

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by KingKingKing: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Sowore is a traitor 4 supportn evil man lyk Abiola dt deserve 2 die

you are a bastard, your family is a bastard, may the treatment meted to Abiola locate you and your generation

2 Likes

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by KingKingKing: 9:30am On Jun 12, 2018
dedons:
HYPOCRITE!!!

Afonjas and hypocrisy are like bread and butter.

Your father!

you are a bastard, your family is a bastard, may the treatment meted to Abiola locate you and your generation
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by neutrotoba(m): 9:33am On Jun 12, 2018
Mutemenot:

u forgot so soon how he played Jona down fall and brought dis bubu to us through his fake news and online warriors ?

Plot Jona's downfall? He spoke against bad governance that's all

3 Likes

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by nickxtra(m): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2018
I can see Channels TV microphone pointed to him... sorry was there Channels TV as at that time?
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by caxtonomy(m): 9:45am On Jun 12, 2018
For the record, Sowore is 49
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 12, 2018
Adaowerri111:
always constituting nuisance to the society

Unless you are a beneficiary of the wickedness of the Nigerian government against its own people, then you have no right to call Sowore a nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by stanisbaratheon: 9:50am On Jun 12, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
That means this man is not as young as I thought if he's this matured 25 yrs ago.
he's 47 now

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by Olulinks(m): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
That means this man is not as young as I thought if he's this matured 25 yrs ago.
You ladies always think like that anyway!
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2018
Adaowerri111:

How is his fighting for justice or fighting for the right cause a nuisance to the society?

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by monex(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2018
seunmsg:

I am of the opinion that Sowore will make a better president than PMB but the reality on ground shows that sowore stands no chance of winning. Buhari for now is still a pragmatic choice.

Why would you vote for someone you don't want because he is most likely to win.

no wonder people thought last election was either GEJ or PMB. If there are better candidates who dont seem likely to win then I would vote them. The more we vote outsiders and pretenders the more accountability we get.

With all the issues with GEJ he still got millions of votes. With all issues with PMB, he will still get millions of votes because of this mentality of not voting for featherweight candidates
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by seunmsg(m): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2018
monex:

Why would you vote for someone you don't want because he is most likely to win.

no wonder people thought last election was either GEJ or PMB. If there are better candidates who dont seem likely to win then I would vote them. The more we vote outsiders and pretenders the more accountability we get.

With all the issues with GEJ he still got millions of votes. With all issues with PMB, he will still get millions of votes because of this mentality of not voting for featherweight candidates

Like I wrote earlier, Buhari is a pragmatic choice. I will rathee help Buhari back than vote Sowore and indirectly helping PDP back to power.

However, I am not against voting outsiders. I voted Chief Gani Fawehinmi in 2003 and he lost. Voting Sowore will also lead to the same outcome as my vote for Gani back in 2003. We need to encourage all the so called outsiders to unite and present a single candidate under a united platform. Anything short of that will lead to nowhere.
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 12, 2018
AgbitiOnne:
what make him a nuisance ? I don't like him in person but I think Sowore get the ball between his legs who has always stood up against injustice

Let him stand against the injustices in Nigeria today so that we can take him seriously.
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by Charly68: 10:58am On Jun 12, 2018
This thing is really in your blood my brother,keep fighting the cause of humanity . .you shall surely get there
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by dedons: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2018
KingKingKing:

Your father!

He pain am!

Silly Afonja.

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by Krisddon: 11:37am On Jun 12, 2018
Adaowerri111:
You're inconsequential!
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by olajide8(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
Mztarstrechy:
Sahara Reporters owner Sowore did not start today.Below are his throwback photos protesting the cancellation of Jun 12 election won by Abiola in 1993

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/06/throwback-photos-of-sowore-protesting.html

Point of correction maiyegun was student union president - sowore used this channel to create awareness of himself
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by mapet: 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
Throwback:
Since it has Channels TV, then it definitely was not 1993. That has to be 1998 after Abacha's death or after Abiola's death.

Channels TV began airing in 1996.

Modified:
And indeed I have confirmed with the John Momoh interview of Abiola after the annulment in 1993. This confirms that Channels were active, even if not yet airing, and explains why their name plate is on a microphone at a 1993 protest.

Bros,

Channels TV began in 1992
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by monex(m): 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
seunmsg:

Like I wrote earlier, Buhari is a pragmatic choice. I will rathee help Buhari back than vote Sowore and indirectly helping PDP back to power.

However, I am not against voting outsiders. I voted Chief Gani Fawehinmi in 2003 and he lost. Voting Sowore will also lead to the same outcome as my vote for Gani back in 2003. We need to encourage all the so called outsiders to unite and present a single candidate under a united platform. Anything short of that will lead to nowhere.

you know there are those who do not want buhari and would say voting for sowore will indirectly help Buhari so they'd rather vote PDP.

in essence you are anti-PDP while they are anti-Buhari. None of you would be a true Sowore supporter
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by mapet: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
olajide8:

Point of correction maiyegun was student union president - sowore used this channel to create awareness of himself

Sowore took over as Student Union president after Mayegun........

Life! Mayegun it was that was injected with lead. It took him several surgeries and therapies to get his body cleaned up.

Mayegun also narrated how himself, Sowore and some other guys worked with Kayode Fayemi & Co on the Radio Kudirat Project; how thy will sneak to Cotonou and back to have meetings with the NADECO crew......

The story of June 12 needs to be made into a film.
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by olajide8(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
mapet:

Sowore took over as Student Union president after Mayegun........

Life! Mayegun it was that was injected with lead. It took him several surgeries and therapies to get his body cleaned up.

Mayegun also narrated how himself, Sowore and some other guys worked with Kayode Fayemi & Co on the Radio Kudirat Project; how thy will sneak to Cotonou and back to have meetings with the NADECO crew......

The story of June 12 needs to be made into a film.

Sowore was the one injected with water in the neck - yes sowore took over from maiyegun
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by Dareal90s(m): 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
seunmsg:

He fought for the democracy that you Igbos and wailers now take for granted. Where were you and your parents when he was fighting for Nigeria's democracy? See, if you have nothing meaning to contribute, just read and exit the thread quietly. Sowore did not just fight for democracy, he's still doing his best to deepen democracy and hold our corrupt leaders to account. He's one of the finest gentleman this country has produced.
They forgot if not for democracy no Igbo man will remain on this soil.
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by CioAngels(f): 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
Yet, the empty minister, Shittu who is nowhere near Sowore, the most inconsequential mister who cannot talk, thanks to all the monies he has stolen and a minister who is owing his staff his wages is shamefully calling Sowore to be inconsequential. Who know Shittu before he begged himself to minister portfolio? I'm sorry for Ibadan people because their hunger will be more than it is in this dispensation.
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by KingKingKing: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
dedons:
He pain am!
Silly Afonja.

Fool stupid idiot at old age u still roaming the streets aimlessly
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by dedons: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
KingKingKing:

Fool stupid idiot at old age u still roaming the streets aimlessly
Can you stand me?
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by basic23111: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
I vote sowere, I don't care if he win or not

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by Greenback: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2018
divinecode102:

Which nuisance?

He is not a coward like Lamadi Cown cry cry

yesso,neither is he a coward like afonja who bolted like usain bolt and abadoned ilorin nor awol who had to otapiapia because of ibb grin
Re: Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) by vwegba4real(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
Omoyele Sowore And His Recent Revolution Madness -By Isaiah Ogedegbe (2019, August 22), Opinion Nigeria. Retrieved from http://www.opinionnigeria.com/omoyele-sowore-and-his-recent-revolution-madness-by-isaiah-ogedegbe/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obanikoro's Son, Babajide Marries Girlfriend Secretly (Photos) / Oshiomhole Missing From Ize-iyamu Acknowledgement List / FG Meets With Labour In Last-minute Scramble To Avert Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.