Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo (883 Views)

Igboho: FG plots Akintoye’s Arrest, Obasanjo meets Republic Of Benin President / Arrest Obasanjo Now – Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association / Orji Kalu Dares EFCC To Arrest Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by Comrde3g(m): 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
June 8, 2018

Press Statement

PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot to Arrest Obasanjo

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is alarmed by the revelation of former President Olusegun Obasanjo that the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Federal Government is plotting to arrest him on trumped up charges and detain him indefinitely.

PDP says the revelation coming from a Nigerian of Chief Obasanjo status is terrifying as it has heightened the tension in the polity and confirmed our fears that our dear nation has descended into a police state where any Nigerian, who holds a divergent view to President Muhammodu Buhari 2019 re-election bid, becomes endangered.

The alarm by Chief Obasanjo has further shown that the PDP has not been crying wolf regarding the plots by the APC Federal Government to frame, arrest, detain and arraign political opponents of the APC, including regular Nigerians, for holding or canvasing opinions that are divergent to the interest of those in power.

We invite Nigerians to note the travails faced by perceived opponents of Buhari Presidency including Senate President Bukola Saraki, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, Senators Shehu Sani and Dino Melaye, who had raised similar alarms in the past.

The PDP urges Nigerians to note how APC controlled security forces, on Wednesday, arrested and detained opposition members in Ogun state, including a member of the House of Assembly, Hon Adebiyi Adeleye, who were going about their legitimate activities, only to tag them as cultists.

The PDP condemns APC’s resort to persecution, intimidation, harassment and framing of our members, as well as dissenting voices, just to suppress the opposition ahead of the 2019 election.

PDP wants the APC and Buhari Presidency to note that no amount of coercion, intimidation and illegal arrests will alter the determination of Nigerians to vote out the dysfunctional APC and rescue our nation from the shackles of the Buhari Presidency and its misrule, come 2019.

Signed:

Kola Ologbondiyan
National Publicity Secretary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by Comrde3g(m): 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
For the latest info around Naija, follow me on Twitter @9japrojector

https://mobile.twitter.com/account
Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
Wetin concern agbero with overload

Obj is not your party member any longer

Pdp is calamity

Failed as a governing party

Also failing as opposition

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by omenka(m): 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2018
I'd like to ask a question : How worried was PDP couple of years ago when the same Obasanjo accused them of putting trained snippers on his trail?

Let me guess.. They just realised how much they love the old fox I suppose. smiley

2 Likes

Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by CilicMarin: 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
omenka:
I'd like to ask a question : How worried was PDP couple of years ago when the same Obasanjo accused them of putting trained snippers on his trail?

Let me guess.. They just realised how much they love the old fox I suppose. smiley

Omenka welcome! I hope you are good?
Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by SadiqBabaSani: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
Omenka, Omenkalives, Cilicmarine and d many trolls of d APC Zombie Squad

1 Like

Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by omenka(m): 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
CilicMarin:

Omenka welcome! I hope you are good?
Perfect bro..

Check out what those lazy jobless kids have been up to while I was away.. cheesy

One would believe if they're told I have their future in my custody. cheesy

Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by tuniski: 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
sarrki:
Wetin concern agbero with overload

Obj is not your party member any longer

Pdp is calamity

Failed as a governing party

Also failing as opposition
Pele!

1 Like

Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by DaBullIT(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
Since OBJ is no longer a part of PDP , why are they still wailing ??

We want fight against corruption, but the same idiots from one land are the one licking OBJ's balls now ,

Several of them suggested the Ghana treatment of leaders / elders in the past, but the same people are still licking arses

If OBJ has done something wrong, his arrest is legal and that of Saraki and any other bastard who has been a headache for Nigeria

And for the Police or DSS agent who leaked the arrest to OBJ , May thunder locate and arrest you with stroke

1 Like

Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by CilicMarin: 11:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
omenka:
Perfect bro..

Check out what those lazy jobless kids have been up to while I was away.. cheesy

One would believe if they're told I have their future in my custody. cheesy

Oh my God! grin grin grin

All these lazy pigs no go kee person cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2018
PDP been asslicking ppl of questionable character since 1960
Just imagine them

1 Like

Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by Omeokachie: 7:33am On Jun 09, 2018
They should not worry about him. He tore his membership card in a show just to sway votes for Buhari. Today that leopard has turned around to devour him.
Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by Paperwhite(m): 7:37am On Jun 09, 2018
OBJ deserve all he is getting.So no reasonsble person should be worried about these criminal Ex-PDP leaders.After all OBJ tore his membership card.
Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by Ziggylady(f): 7:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Why should PDP be worried??...I thought Obasanjo tore his membership card years ago?..

I am happy with what is happening to Obasanjo as well as all who fought Jonathan then..so wetin concern me sef lipsrsealed..

by the way qnd true to type, Yorubas who were hitherto so proud of him when he was attacking Jonathan and supporting buhari then as well as using him to brag on how Yorubas were 'sophisticated' since chickens grew teeth have all thrown him under the bus..

Such a shame.
Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by Pavore9: 7:41am On Jun 09, 2018
Worry fire! cheesy cheesy

Someone who openly humiliated them at different bus stops, na so PDP like OBJ reach? cheesy cheesy

Simple: take advantage of the noise, issa allowed. grin
Re: PDP Worries Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Obasanjo by KenOne: 8:23am On Jun 09, 2018
Is PDP not confused when PMB started probing GEJ government same PDP said why selective probing, that OBJ should be probed that he institutionalized corruption in Nigeria. Now same PDP is saying OBJ is not corrupt, if the government arrest sponsors of fulani killings and Shekau of Boko Haram tomorrow PDP will shout witch hunting. Watch when OBJ will start criticising PDP and it's presume presidential candidate Atiku they'll come back to this forum to tell us how corrupt and evil OBJ is that in saner clime he'll be in jail for his crime. I remember when OBJ said Nigerians should not accept PDP apology and he was abused by all manner of PDP individuals.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

After Vice President Osinbajo’s Visit To Silicon Valley, Public Wifi Coming To N / If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —R. Okorocha / Now That The World Big Banks Have Warned Us About Buhari!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.