Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland (792 Views)

HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. / Are Roman Catholics Christians? / Why Are Roman-catholics Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by OLULAW: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2010

What do you make of the 20-Year raunchy and randy liaiasons between these two fellas? Tell us! LMAO

[img]http://www.thevanguard.ca/media/photos/unis/2010/04/02/photo_653953_resize_article.jpg[/img]
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by OLULAW: 9:49am On Jun 02, 2010
SO THERE ARE NO CATHOLIC FAITHFULS ON NAIRALAND! MAY BE THEY ARE NOW PROTESTANTS, FOLLOWING IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MARTIN LUTHER. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by chakula: 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
OLULAW:

SO THERE ARE NO CATHOLIC FAITHFULS ON NAIRALAND! MAY BE THEY ARE NOW PROTESTANTS, FOLLOWING IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MARTIN LUTHER. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That's the truth.
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2010
@olulaw

Okay you win I want to leave the catholic church and move over to your own church,but the problem is I don't know which church you attend.Do you mind stating it.
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by ngcath(f): 12:57am On Jun 03, 2010
I am a Catholic.

I love my faith; I pray for the Catholic Church and all her children.

Christ said, "It is not the healthy who need the doctor, but the sick". I am sick, many others will admit they too are, and so they ask for forgiveness.
"A humbled contrite heart Oh Lord you will not spurn".

Let us pray for everyone who sins and then perhaps God too will have mercy on us all.
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by nwakaibe(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2010
OLULAW:

Was once a catholic. There are still many nice priests out there fully adhering to their vows of celibacy and chastity. The mistake of several never mean that all are involved in the same thing. I boldly that no xtian organization is free from such scandal. Enough of catholic bashing. I got born again there and there are millions of Catholics who are born again. many priests there are also saved. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by mamnustwac: 11:27am On Jun 03, 2010
me i be Catholic before, altar boy sef. but our fathers they shagg too much and the girls in the village like white man's willy come they go to them for Bleep all the time, dem no gree say make we young young boys fuuuck them, tey, some of them come get belle. una no know say na him make many onye igbo no skins fairer and them no black like yorubas and others. Any wa sha, God dey.
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2010
mamnustwac:

[b]me i be Catholic before, altar boy sef. but our fathers they shagg too much and the girls in the village li[/b]ke white man's willy come they go to them for bleep all the time, dem no gree say make we young young boys[b] fuuuck t[/b]hem, tey, some of them come get belle. una no know say na him make many onye igbo no skins fairer and them no black like yorubas and others. Any wa sha, God dey.

The person is suspicious
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by franctony(m): 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
ngcath:

I am a Catholic.

Christ said, "It is not the healthy who need the doctor, but the sick". I am sick, many others will admit they too are, and so they ask for forgiveness.

Let us pray for everyone who sins and then perhaps God too will have mercy on us all.
thanx dear, i just sent u an empty mail on ngcatholics AT yahoo.com

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by mamnustwac: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
ngcath:

I am a Catholic.

Christ said, "It is not the healthy who need the doctor, but the sick".  I am sick, many others will admit they too are, and so they ask for forgiveness.

YOU'VE BEEN BRAINWASHED grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by franctony(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2010
mamnustwac:

and u dat is with ur real brain, does ur initial post depict u as a good christian
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by mamnustwac: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2010
franctony:

and u dat is with your real brain, does your initial post depict u as a good christian

WHO TOLD YOU I'M A CHRISTIAN. WHICH SCHOOL YOU GO SEF.

Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by ngcath(f): 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2010
mamnustwac:

Maybe so, maybe so.

Tell me, would the fact that I have a brain to reason deny the existence of things supernatural that are beyond human understanding?
Would the fact that I can think things for myself preclude my submitting myself (including my intellect) to a higher being?

I doubt it.

I know why I believe, and not all the reasons are 'human'.
Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by mamnustwac: 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2010
ngcath:

submitting myself (including my intellect) to a higher being?

The higher being to which you refer and to which you utterly submit yourself is an imagination of the heart and mind and not a reality. The reality is this.

1. A religious or faith tradition (such as the one you belong to, i.e. Roman Catholicism) teaches beliefs in religious propositions.
2. No religious proposition (e.g. Creationsim) is known to be true.
3. Teaching for belief in not-known-to-be-true propositions is indoctrinatory.

What you need to do is to intellectually call into question the assumptions underlying your customary, habitual ways of thinking and acting and then get yourself attuned to thinking and acting differently on the basis of this critical questioning.

Re: Calling All Roman Catholics On Nairaland by ngcath(f): 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2010
mamnustwac:

Thank you.

And were I to follow your line of reasoning: "questioning without an objective foundation", even your position would be contradictory in itself, because there will be no end to the questioning. And then we will be in endless "doubt", within which your own position I'm afraid will not stand.

Consider for example your assertion: "No religious proposition (e.g. Creationism) is known to be true". Using your method, I will then ask, "who said what you have just claimed, and why should I believe your assertion?". Clearly I will then have to question your assertion (call it to question, as you say), and since I believe otherwise, I will then have to conclude that your position is wrong. See?

So my dear friend, "Customary, habitual ways of thinking and acting" are not necessarily harmful. Intellectual humility requires that you bow to superior arguments, and not only arguments by fellow human beings. Creation, its complexity, its orderly workings is a very "loud" argument telling me it does not contain within itself the foundation of its being. It owes its being to Another.

(1) (Reply)

An Ex-slave Exchange With His Former Master / Christianity Deserves Special Forum / Who Mocked God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.