Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,215 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. (4327 Views)

Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? / Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus / What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Opiosko: 8:35am On Apr 04, 2015
Just heard that Roman Catholic churches removes their sacraments from 'good Friday' evening to Easter Sunday cos they believes that Jesus Christ is not available at these periods..... What heresy? May God forgive them.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by eleko1: 8:39am On Apr 04, 2015
Nah dem sabi.if they like they can use leaf sew thir clothes.JESUS IS ALIVE.JESUS IS LORD
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Misogynist2014(m): 9:01am On Apr 04, 2015
The pope was once the richest man in the world, even today, he's arguably the most influencial man on earth. He is like the pharisees of Jesus' time.
Opiosko:
Just heard that Roman Catholic churches removes their sacraments from 'good Friday' evening to Easter Sunday cos they believes that Jesus Christ is not available at these periods..... What heresy? May God forgive them.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by goodmorning40: 9:48am On Apr 04, 2015
Ameebo! Wetin come concern u for there abi does that stop Jesus from answering ur prayers today and tomorrow. Abroko like u

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by davien(m): 9:51am On Apr 04, 2015
Nigerians always throwing a fit over their borrowed religion even more than the first established one... grin

3 Likes

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2015
yes op, catholicism is false but make sure you are on the right lane.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 9:57am On Apr 04, 2015
davien:
Nigerians always throwing a fit over their borrowed religion even more than the first established one... grin

why is it any of your business what goes on in Christendom!

since you have rejected truth, learn to maintain your lane of lawlessness.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 10:56am On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:
yes op, catholicism is false but make sure you are on the right lane.

Catholism false? You realize ur Bible is a product of Catholism
Everything you hold as sacred is a product of Catholism
So my dear, christianity is false

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

Truth? Lmao grin grin what makes u think, a talking snake is truth?

2 Likes

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2015
macof:

catholicism is a product of sham and pagan practices.
It has a cold history of slaying Christians/people who refused bowing to its harlotry. It has no connection to Christianity or the Christ of the bible.

We who are called Christians are called so because of Christ in us and not our association to some institutionalised poo.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 11:08am On Apr 04, 2015
macof:

The bible is not a product of falsehood. You have been deceived.

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by davien(m): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

lawlessness?

So an atheist is automatically a criminal?
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 11:41am On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

Bible is a product of Catholism. since Catholism is falsehood so is the Bible

Try learning ur Christian history
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

It has a cold history of slaying Christians/people who refused bowing to its harlotry. It has no connection to Christianity or the Christ of the bible.

We who are called Christians are called so because of Christ in us and not our association to some institutionalised poo.

And I am pagan, so what's wrong with paganism..after all we are all born pagan

Yet Catholism made your Christ a God, compiled the gospel and modified what it had to

Are you gnostic? Cus Christian gnosticism is the only uninstitutionalised form of christianity
If you are not then you are making no sense

2 Likes

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
macof don't waste ur breathe, An2elect2 have no idea that all the precious doctrine and dogmas she was indoctrinated to believe are all product of catholicism.

She have no idea that her belief that jesus is God was a product of the nicene council (catholic church) to shut down the arianism heresy.

she have no idea it was the catholic church that decided which book was to be in the bible and which was not to be. thereby they carefully formulated everything they wanted her to believe now.

She dont even have any idea how christianity started and she thinks the bible dropped from heaven...lol..

She is very emotional about her denomination but she forgot without catholic church none of these christian crap will exist today, even islam wouldn't have been in existence too.

She can't research about her precious christianity and bible and see how it all started..smiley

Honey you clearly need to read extensively.. smiley

Hit here to read the implausibilities

4 Likes

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
macof:

And I am pagan, so what's wrong with paganism..after all we are all born pagan
we are all born pagans? not really. We are all born sinners subject to the law of God by nature. We are not free beings who can choose to disassociate ourselves without repercussions owing to the fact that we were made for God and are accountable to Him.
Now,there is something wrong with anyone that takes pride in heathenism/ barbarism, which are abominations before God.
macof:

Yet Catholism made your Christ a God, compiled the gospel and modified what it had to
you are blabbing. Who were they early men that God used to write His gospel? were they from Rome? Didn't they write the books before the blood sucking cult layed hold of them? when did catholicism start? have you ever read the bible? or you criticise it based on hearsay?
go and find out and take along you these research questions.

You don't sound reasonable at all. Does He(Christ) need a system of carnal men to call him God before He becomes God? Does God need to be called King before He becomes king.

Do you know the gospel is the power of God to save a soul. It is not something to joke with or let men modify at their own volition. It is God breathed and does not need modifying or addition or subtraction.
macof:

Are you gnostic? Cus Christian gnosticism is the only uninstitutionalised form of christianity
If you are not then you are making no sense

Am a christian and i do not belong to any denomination and am no gnostic. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Ifeann(f): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

If u discredit Catholism then u show u know little about Christianity.

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22 i want you to do yourself a favour. Go and open the bible and read it again. Read books on catholicism extensively and come back and tell me if they are saying the same thing.

Do men not adhere to what they claim to have preserved!
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ifeann:

If u discredit Catholism then u show u know little about Christianity.
it is rather the opposite miss.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Ifeann(f): 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

it is rather the opposite miss.

The dates for easter
Christmas
The Bible books
The battle agaisnt ancient christian heresies
Several christian theological issues was brought to consensus agreement because of the works of catholics like st thomas aquinas, st augustine..etc

before u criticize be very certain of ur accusations. .
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:
johnydon22 i want you to do yourself a favour. Go and open the bible and read it again. Read books on catholicism extensively and come back and tell me if they are saying the same thing.

Do men not adhere to what they claim to have preserved!
Lol . . . that ur own practise is different still doesnt change the fact that catholicism brought all ur belief to being.

After all some christians believe Jesus is not God and can back it up with the bible while some believe jesus is God and can still back it up with the bible... In fact the fable of Jesus wouldn't have gotten to you if their was no bible and then if their was no catholicism they wouldn't av been any bible..

It may interest you that i have read the bible very extensively, but the bible as we speak was also a product of catholicsm... We are talking historical facts here not biblical fables..

I advice you research about these things, dont take any word i say just do your own personal research and see for yourself..

One of the reasons i don't argue theology here even tho some of the so called theological yarns i see here are very funny is because i decided to face my reality.. I spent years in seminary formation, theology is our bread and butter..
Maybe one of these days i will discuss theology with you guys not minding my atheistic views now..(Discussing doesnt mean believing it tho)

Just like the other time i saw your argument with Ifeann on Faith and Good works....

Anyway i make you out to be very dogmatic and emotionally sentimental towards ur beliefs but you can sometimes try and research with an unbiased mind. What you will find will surprise you smiley

4 Likes

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 1:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

Am a christian and i do not belong to any denomination and am no gnostic. Thanks.

Do you know what Gnostic christian means?
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Misogynist2014(m): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
It is true the Holy Bible was compiled by the then catholic church and a lot of scripts which are in the Catholic museum didn't make it for one reason or the other, due to either being a myth or had been tampered with by mormons. The whole church was once the Catholic church. Even there are manuscripts that would have stamped the Catholic church which did not make it, thanks to the Mesias, King James. To show you how audacious those scripts are, Jesus said 'split a piece of wood into two and I will be there' in the book of Thomas! Does that look like a statement made by Christ? What about the book of infancy of Jesus, where a boy touched Jesus and died instantly! If the Bible were a mere myth, I would have quit it a long time ago. It answers all mysteries, it is honest in morality, and has 100% accuracy in history. I believe in the Bible, hope you do?
An2elect2:

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Not suprised; since the Pope is the prophesied beast the people of the world will worship as their God before Christ come.

Just watching the drama unfold
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
Misogynist2014:
It is true the Holy Bible was compiled by the then catholic church and a lot of scripts which are in the Catholic museum didn't make it for one reason or the other, due to either being a myth or had been tampered with by mormons. The whole church was once the Catholic church. Even there are manuscripts that would have stamped the Catholic church which did not make it, thanks to the Mesias, King James. To show you how audacious those scripts are, Jesus said 'split a piece of wood into two and I will be there' in the book of Thomas! Does that look like a statement made by Christ? What about the book of infancy of Jesus, where a boy touched Jesus and died instantly! If the Bible were a mere myth, I would have quit it a long time ago. It answers all mysteries, it is honest in morality, and has 100% accuracy in history. I believe in the Bible, hope you do?
Sir the bolded is very wrong.. mormonism is a very recent religion and was not in existence when the canon of the bible was compiled, even islam was not in existence then.

Most Gnostic write ups were discarded because most were written by an anonymous author who ascribes them to a known figure. and most of then were written in the 2nd/3rd century AD, the earliest being the gospel of thomas was written about 150 AD... even the synoptic gospels also have unknown authors tho..

Many of them were discarded because they were contradictory and went against the original teachings of the church then e.g the gospel of philip that jesus saids that "the trinity were made of The father, son and the mother" ..

Meanwhile the lower part of ur post is basically just ur beliefs as you term them to be..smiley

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The whole church was never catholic
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
starlingleanets:
Oh yes, their were also Gnostic christians then (those that make use of gnostic materials) other herectic sects too like Arianism of Alexandria ..
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by transformer2019: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
starlingleanets:
do u know wad u sayin?
Name the church until d 16th century dat was in existence aside the catholic church
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 2:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
transformer2019:
do u know wad u sayin?
Name the church until d 16th century dat was in existence aside the catholic church
No other church was in existence tho but sects like Gnostic christians and arianism sects (tho termed a heretic sect cus they are the first to consider Jesus a mere man which contradicts the teachings of the church then)
in 9th century Orthodox catholicism broke free tho this is basically still part of catholicism only one difference they deny the authority of the pope..
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Misogynist2014(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
The fact is that if the Catholic church had influenced the compilation of the Bible, apparently contradictory verses like 'of all people born of woman, there has not one risen as great as John' and 'there is only one mediator, the Man Jesus' won't be in the Bible. Those left out are just like the Hadith, full of contradiction with the suras.
johnydon22:
Sir the bolded is very wrong.. mormonism is a very recent religion and was not in existence when the canon of the bible was compiled, even islam was not in existence then.

Most Gnostic write ups were discarded because most were written by an anonymous author who ascribes them to a known figure. and most of then were written in the 2nd/3rd century AD, the earliest being the gospel of thomas was written about 150 AD... even the synoptic gospels also have unknown authors tho..

Many of them were discarded because they were contradictory and went against the original teachings of the church then e.g the gospel of philip that jesus saids that "the trinity were made of The father, son and the mother" ..

Meanwhile the lower part of ur post is basically just ur beliefs as you term them to be..smiley
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Ifeann(f): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
starlingleanets:
Not suprised; since the Pope is the prophesied beast the people of the world will worship as their God before Christ come.

Just watching the drama unfold

Please who made this prophesy, where is it written. I am very interested to know..
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The fact is that if the Catholic church had influenced the compilation of the Bible, apparently contradictory verses like 'of all people born of woman, there has not one risen as great as John' and 'there is only one mediator, the Man Jesus' won't be in the Bible. Those left out are just like the Hadith, full of contradiction with the suras.
Ok let me take off my atheistic views now and discuss this theologically with you, hope that will be ok.. smiley

Most letters you see in the new testament are just a little fraction of available write ups then.
The first criteria for choosing the books is if they have a sound moral guidance and christian theological foundation.

The book of timothy, being a more late add up to the bible canon was not written by paul but an unknown author who ascribes this letter to paul.
It was added to the bible because of its fundamental christian theological approach and is referred to as pastoral letters in the sense that is poses a guidance to the pastoral authority of the church.

that verse 1 timoth 2:5-6 can be theologically explained to mean that the man Jesus is referred to the Man nature of Jesus. You do know quite well that the catholic doctrine teaches Jesus have two distinct natures God and man so the verse wasn't contradictory.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is This Man Called Tudor? / World Class Religious Debates / Body And Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.