Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) (37981 Views)

Police Arrest 2 Armed Robbers In Imo(photo) / 2 Arrested For Stealing ₦70,000 From Betting Shop In Imo (Photo) / Customs Seizes Truckload Of Weapons, Codeine, Tramadol In Imo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:49am On Feb 13
Gunmen have killed a popular legal practitioner, Victor Onwubiko, in Imo State.

It was gathered that the lawyer was killed on Saturday, February 10, 2024, while he was returning to Abia State University, Uturu, where he resided.

A Source told The Nation that the incident happened along the Okigwe/Uturu road between 8 pm and 9 pm on during a kidnapping incident.

“A lawyer who was later identified as Barrister Victor Onwubiko was killed by gunmen along Okigwe Road. He is based in Okigwe town in Imo state but is a resident of Abia State University Uturu," the source said.

"He was returning to Abia State where he also resides when he was ambushed by gunmen and killed along Okigwe/Uturu road.

"There have been series of kidnappings and killings along the road irrespective of the heavy security agents in the area,” the source added.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, Henry Okoye, confirmed the incident to newsmen on Monday.

“We are on top of the situation, I am going to issue a press statement on it,” the PPRO said.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/2/gunmen-kill-popular-lawyer-in-imo-2.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:50am On Feb 13
Only Almighty God will Save Me And You ooo

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by chiiraq802(m): 10:53am On Feb 13
Imo state was one of the safest state in 9jeria. I no cum understand wetin dey happen again.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by silvoclaira: 10:55am On Feb 13
Efuleefu lazy youths.

South East was always peaceful, until the Supreme Court did the unimaginable and then Kanu and his kinsmen lost their cool

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Lovenorth: 10:56am On Feb 13
Nigeria is trying very hard to surpass America in terms of killing and terrorism

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by leadinggists(m): 10:56am On Feb 13
Land of violence

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Marvieduke(f): 10:56am On Feb 13
Terror in land, no peace of mind..... God in heaven please fight for the innocent souls Oh Lord..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Goodlady(f): 10:56am On Feb 13
Sad. So sad!
Who did he has issues with?
Was it a target job or just an unfortunate person that met assailants on road?
This country is filled with too much blood!

3 Likes

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by AfonjaEkiti: 10:56am On Feb 13
chiiraq802:
Imo state was one of the safest state in 9jeria. I no cum understand wetin dey happen again.

Politics
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by debossng: 10:56am On Feb 13
So so SAD!!!

RIP
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by emnite(m): 10:56am On Feb 13
Rest in peace
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by PlutoChief: 10:57am On Feb 13
What's the literal meaning of onwubiko?

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by BOSSkesh(m): 10:57am On Feb 13
But….. but …..but….. Fulani herdsmen……

4 Likes

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Hapinex01: 10:57am On Feb 13
Hmm
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by superCleanworks(m): 10:57am On Feb 13
Too much blood waste in the land

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by mytime24(f): 10:57am On Feb 13
I blame APC

2 Likes

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Jemex003: 10:57am On Feb 13
UDOKABESTLUV:

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/2/gunmen-kill-popular-lawyer-in-imo-2.html

Family Matters E know concern us but RIP to the lost

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by phemmie06(m): 10:58am On Feb 13
Government should let us know if this killing and kidnapping have come to stay, if yes they should amend the constitution for it if no they should rescue the nation

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Zico5(m): 10:58am On Feb 13
The lives of animals are more secured than that of men these days. People are living dangerously these days thanks to hardship and insecurity. No one knows what can happen at any point in time.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by EdiskyHarry: 10:58am On Feb 13
R. I. P
Everyday bad news
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by PDPdestroyer(m): 10:58am On Feb 13
Ungun known men
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Judolisco(m): 10:58am On Feb 13
His surname means "death pls" igbo guys I'm I right?

RIP to him... I pray they catch his killers
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by abobote: 10:59am On Feb 13
Hope Uzodimma at it again. The way he equipped EBube Agu with weapons, it will be difficult to have peace in that State

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by nnadychuks(m): 10:59am On Feb 13
Peter Obi we all failed you. ❌
Waiting for another 3 years seems impossible
for us ❌
Something has to happen before then
We can’t, I repeat we can’t go on like this for another month, talk less of 3 years.
Prices are going up everyday ❌
Situations are hard ❌
Killings everywhere ❌
Kidnapping everyday ❌
Oh God I feel terrible 😞

3 Likes

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Reelmii: 10:59am On Feb 13
Na wah o.the insecurity is getting worse by the day
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Cantonese: 11:00am On Feb 13
Na wah.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:01am On Feb 13
PlutoChief:
What's the literal meaning of onwubiko?]
Death, please.

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by bentenny(m): 11:03am On Feb 13
This is one of the reasons why most people express fear over the establishment of state policing!

...And that's why I believe state policing without it's outright independence from political actors is a recipe for disaster!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by lexy2014: 11:03am On Feb 13
"He was returning to Abia State where he also resides when he was ambushed by gunmen and killed along Okigwe/Uturu road.

"There have been series of kidnappings and killings along the road irrespective of the heavy security agents in the area,” the source added.

but DSS is more interested in a muslim cleric that is criticising Tinubu

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Breaks Police Inspector’s Jaw At Station / 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos / Man Rapes Widow To Death In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.