Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,618 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter (1462 Views)

Senate Confirms Omolola Abiola-Edewor, MKO Abiola’s Daughter NDIC Director / The Moment Obasanjo Was Spotted At The Airport As He Jets Out Of Nigeria- APC UK / Meet Waliyah Abiola, Daughter Of Late MKO Abiola, Who Is A Music Artiste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by tempest69: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
A daughter of the late MKO Abiola, Tundun Abiola, on Sunday said it was not by election that former President Olusegun Obasanjo got into office.

She believes that the former president was appointed by the then military regime to compensate the people of the South-West region for the death of her father – the presumed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election.

“Obasanjo was appointed the president, he was not elected president. We did not have any election in 1999, we had a coronation,” Tundun stated during an interview on Rubin Minds on Channels Television.

She made the comments in reaction to the declaration of June 12 as the new Democracy Day and the posthumous award of GCFR conferred Abiola by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Tundun, who is also a lawyer, commended the development which she said was appreciated by her family after a long struggle.

She, however, criticised former President Obasanjo for failing to recognise her late father for his contributions to the nation’s development.

The lawyer stressed, “When you know you were not elected, you know you were selected and just appointed president by the military, it is galling for him to have acknowledged a democratic process.”

“President Obasanjo and my father had a relationship then; so what happened in their lifetime continued even after my father was dead. He cannot bear the idea of Moshood Abiola – so he did not do it,” she claimed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVuT4OkHHTg?list=PLl6IvhbhEqwyh8gpHsAenpSm6tq-Z74L5

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by nairavsdollars(f): 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
I no blame una. I blame Buhari that dug you guys out of the dungeon

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by GreyLaw(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, rubbish OBJ; in fact, insult him. After all, one old dictator gave your late dad a posthumous award.

I give it to Buhari. He's succeeded in playing a fast one on Nigerians. I guess he now has enough votes to win 2019.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by PointZerom: 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
Shut up you daughter of a coward.

Those that denied your father his right and latter killed him has succeeded in turning you against your elders. Foolish girl.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by PointZerom: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
GreyLaw:
Yeah, rubbish OBJ; in fact, insult him. After all, one old dictator gave your late dad a posthumous award.

I give it to Buhari. He's succeeded in playing a fast one on Nigerians. I guess he now has enough votes to win 2019.

Bro Buhari only played a fast one on Yorubas only.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by Remoter: 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
Good one Barrister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by thesicilian: 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
nairavsdollars:
I no blame una. I blame Buhari that dug you guys out of the dungeon
My thoughts exactly. Suddenly the Abiola family has become relevant in Nigeria's political sphere due to the misadventures of one clueless herdsman.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by Donald95(m): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
Why is it easy to twist the brains of a black man Just look at what this girl that knows nothing about how his father was poisoned is talking
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by chuksjuve(m): 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
Trying to seek relevance ?

Buhari is the cause..

Enjoy your fame woman!
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by hisgrace090: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
Simple truth.
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by Sirjamo: 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
PointZerom:

Those that denied your father his right and latter killed him has succeeded in turning you against your elders. Foolish girl.
If you referred to someone who stood up to both Ibb and Abacha up to the point of death as a coward, what do you call Ojukwu and Kanu who both ran away after leading thousands of their brethren to their early graves?

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by Sirjamo: 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
thesicilian:

My thoughts exactly. Suddenly the Abiola family has become relevant in Nigeria's political sphere due to the misadventures of one clueless herdsman.
That family has been relevant for decades.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by thesicilian: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
Sirjamo:
That family has been relevant for decades.
In what sense? The only time their name comes up (from the lips of trouble makers) is when June 12 approaches and is usually forgotten after then.
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by Built2last: 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
This Buhari declaration will divide south west.
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by SalamRushdie: 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
She is very stupid
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
She can use her words anyhow. All I know is that OBJ was elected through the masses as announced by our Electoral Body.

It's left for you to know if the Election process was Transparent.
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by uwa1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
So she is saying her father laboured and won d election den OBJ indirectly took d crown.... OBJ come and defend urself...
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by omenka(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
How Obj has suddenly become some people's hero overnight beats me.

Most confused and gullible things I've seen my entire life. cheesy

That said, young lady, please endeavor to enjoy your dad's well deserved recognition in peace.. Do not bargain a deal you have no intention to seal. wink

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by buhariguy(m): 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
No need to answer thief obj.
Is idiotic pigs of biafra new hero. Because they are also criminals, they love criminals from any tribe

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by Akanapiaigwe: 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
[s]
omenka:

That said, young lady, please endeavor to enjoy your dad's well deserved recognition in peace.. Do not bargain a deal you have no intention to seal. wink
[/s]
trash trash trash
spewing trash as usual
I nwero ubulu cha cha omenka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by 34webers(m): 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
[s]
PointZerom:

[/s]
Wawa

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by WizzPoll: 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
fact remains that 1993 was the last time we had an election

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by buhariguy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
kelvinreality:
She can use her words anyhow. All I know is that OBJ was elected through the masses as announced by our Electoral Body.

It's left for you to know if the Election process was Transparent.
no election since 1999 to 2011.
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by ashacot: 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
This declaration will strengthen our democracy. Thank you President Buhari. Rest Well Abiola

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by SternProphet: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
There was NO real election in 1999. I was in PH on election day. Polling booths opened 5pm. I phoned Abonema same thing. OBJ recorded 2 million out of 2 million votes. My problem is a youth will take this falsehood, internalize it and convince himself it is true. Nigeria is a sad place.
OBJ will not end well. What will destroy him is this Bola Ife and Marshall Harry thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by zombieHUNTER: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
Afonja Muslims Just want to finish off the Yoruba Christians...

Chai daris God

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by tempest69: 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
After the civil war, the children of perdition still spewing their hatred. What a burden!!!

OBJ is now their new messiah... Confused slots..
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by Metuh: 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
All this insignificant individuals don gather strength and mouth now o. grin

Buhari's Greek gift is doing wonders. grin
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by Metuh: 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2018
omenka:

What should baffle you is how a grown up adult like you (educated or not) decided to make an illiterate your hero.

That's the dumbest decision ever that any sane human will make. grin
Re: Obasanjo Was Appointed President, Not Elected – Abiola’s Daughter by tempest69: 11:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
MKO Abiola's family members are happy. Gani Fawehinmi's family members are happy. Progressive Nigerians are happy

But;

One Old General, one Maradona and their sadistic gang are not smiling right now but wetin concern bird with toothpick?

Their pains? Music to my ears.
Nothing to say about the Eastern miscreants..

(1) (Reply)

Demolition Of Afikpo Eke-ukwu Market And The Building Of A New Mosque By Umahi / Nigerians React, As Ben Bruce Claims Kashimbilla Power Project As 100% PDP Work. / Who Designed The Nigerian Coat Of Arms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.