Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

"Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu (10692 Views)

I Gave Up On Nigerian Elections After June 12 Annulment - Pete Edochie / Aisha Buhari: Garba Shehu And Mamman Daura Undermining Office Of The First Lady / Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by AroleOduduwa(m): 7:55am On Jun 11, 2018
Over politicizing the great gesture

1 Like

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by CilicMarin: 7:56am On Jun 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:
As far as I am concerned Buhari is the principal actor and catalyst to events leading to June 12... If he had obeyed his military vows and the Nigerian constitution and not overthrown an elected constitutional govt of Shehu Shagari there would have been no June 12 in the first place ... While Buhari is contemplating whether to probe events leading to the annulment of June 12 elections he should also probe the events that led him to illegally overthrow a constitituted democratic govt when our constitution was clear on the legitimate ways a govt could be changed .

Paul, can you substantiate that?
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Jabioro: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2018
nero2face:
APC don see us finish, see their new strategy to deceive Nigerians again, 2015 was CHANGE, 2019 is JUNE12 grin grin, i still can't understand why we de masses can not see beyond this mere political moves... sad sad
Did you witness the June 12 history...

1 Like

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by contigiency(m): 8:01am On Jun 11, 2018
nero2face:
APC don see us finish, see their new strategy to deceive Nigerians again, 2015 was CHANGE, 2019 is JUNE12 grin grin, i still can't understand why we de masses can not see beyond this mere political moves... sad sad

It's not deceit but the obvious truth. You think that for the country to develop is seen on only infrastructure and having food on the table? No, it must come with social justice and equity, entrenchment and adherance to the rule of law, accountability and killing of corruption. 80% of these are imbedded in this singular act of Mr President. And Every well meaning Nigerians should applaud it and insist that we continue in that direction.

2 Likes

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by SalamRushdie: 8:07am On Jun 11, 2018
Babacele:
the military vow was loyalty to Nigeria which he had demonstrated severally e.g the overcoming of maitasene sects but no sane patriot would sit by and watch while Shagari unleashed deliberate poverty on the nation caused by official brazen and unbridled stealing like the Umaru dikkos while the ordinary citizens are forced to bear the brunt of such recklessness in the name of austerity - an old word for recession. In few months, PMB stabilized the economy until drug barons who weren't happy about the orderliness PMB was bringing took over and plunged us to hell which reached a crescendo in 2014 when another recession visited us hence our plea for Dr Buhari to return to cure us of the recession maladies after 30 years of our first encounter with him. Like every good physician, though with some natural flaws unexpected of mortals ,PMB has been busy tackling the causes of these maladies .
If Buhari had not intervened ,shagari would have destroyed this nation and we would have been worse than Somalia. So we need to thank PMB .

There can be no justification for overthrowing a democratically elected govt....our constitution is clear on ways to change a govt which is either through election or impeachment...there is no where in our constitution that allows a disgruntled indisciplined military officer to terminate any govt as he wishes...please stop all these lies about Nigeria turning into Somalia if Buhari didn't take over because event have shown that a Buhari govt actually always make things 100 times worse than ever...The economic facts are there to prove that Nigeria under Shagari was a 100 times better than Nigeria under the Dullard and today again the same evidence is there to show that Nigeria under Jonathan was a lot better than Nigeria under the Dullard... Buhari has nothing absolutely nothing to offer any country than bigotry and bloodshed
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by delishpot: 8:08am On Jun 11, 2018
Yinmu, and people will buy this shit? Hahaha polithiefcal strategy net has been cast. Lets see the zombie fish that would be caught.

I can bet my left over Amala that Buhari was in that meeting when the Northen owners of Nigeria decided the fate of June 12. But its okay, they have to make it look like Bubu is risking it all to make Yarubas happy. That he is now facing the wrath of his ancestors for making Abiola a start. LOL. Awon Maga
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by OlujobaSamuel: 8:12am On Jun 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:
As far as I am concerned Buhari is the principal actor and catalyst to events leading to June 12... If he had obeyed his military vows and the Nigerian constitution and not overthrown an elected constitutional govt of Shehu Shagari there would have been no June 12 in the first place ... While Buhari is contemplating whether to probe events leading to the annulment of June 12 elections he should also probe the events that led him to illegally overthrow a constitituted democratic govt when our constitution was clear on the legitimate ways a govt could be changed .
Bubu wasnt a participant of the coup, he qas appointed to head(dictator) the government, he participated in the coup before that, Abacha, IBB and Idiagbon were the lead actors of the 1983 coup.
Read your history well.
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 11, 2018
Buhari's 1983 coup which toppled a democratic government was worst than the annulment of the inconclusive June 12 1993 election by IBB. As such, this Buhari is not a democratic saint or champion! So these praises are really uncalled for.

Even some of those praising Buhari are also complaining presently that he doesn't allow them to breath because they don't support him. Giving Abiola an award but refusing to bestow the title of former President is disingenuous of Buhari and it exposes the political posturing that this is. The Yorubas may not turn out happy in the end.
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by diebuhari1: 8:17am On Jun 11, 2018
CilicMarin:

Paul, can you substantiate that?
Ogbonna Ubani, What he said is clear enough.

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by SalamRushdie: 8:30am On Jun 11, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

Bubu wasnt a participant of the coup, he qas appointed to head(dictator) the government, he participated in the coup before that, Abacha, IBB and Idiagbon were the lead actors of the 1983 coup.
Read your history well.

As a disciplined officer he should have then rejected the offer to head a the govt ...dont you think so ?
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by zombieHUNTER: 8:37am On Jun 11, 2018
papoudaupolos:

Then I pray u live to celebrate many more June 12 happily. And thank Sai baba

That's where the problem is... Declaration of a public holiday is not an achievement to be thankful for...

South west have been observing the holiday before now.
Unless you are not living in the region... It's not a big deal

1 Like

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by OlujobaSamuel: 8:39am On Jun 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:

As a disciplined officer he should have then rejected the offer to head a the govt ...dont you think so ?
Nope, I dont agree with that, someone else(military officer turned dictator) would have still take charged. However, I think he should have worked towards handing over to a democratic govt which he had the opportunity(2yrs) to, but never did.
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Babacele: 8:44am On Jun 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:

There can be no justification for overthrowing a democratically elected govt....our constitution is clear on ways to change a govt which is either through election or impeachment...there is no where in our constitution that allows a disgruntled indisciplined military officer to terminate any govt as he wishes...please stop all these lies about Nigeria turning into Somalia if Buhari didn't take over because event have shown that a Buhari govt actually always make things 100 times worse than ever...The economic facts are there to prove that Nigeria under Shagari was a 100 times better than Nigeria under the Dullard and today again the same evidence is there to show that Nigeria under Jonathan was a lot better than Nigeria under the Dullard... Buhari has nothing absolutely nothing to offer any country than bigotry and bloodshed
When supposedly elected officials threaten democracy ,patriots won't sit by and watch ask Zimbabweans. What are your statistics ? Won't you research before you go public ? So if truly had performed woefully in his first stint aborted by the same gang of thieves hovering presently around ,why would Nigerians beg for pmb's return after 30 years? How would those that told us to prepare for recession in 2014 at $65/ barrel would have been able to manage at $30/barrel? Buhari is just a Godsent.

1 Like

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by giftedben: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2018
Shawnnn01:

The problem with a lot of you Igbos is that you are either completely naive or just pathetically foolish.

If the bunch of Igbo born throws never orchestrated the first coup on democratically elected government Buhari would never have learnt such skill so any one with a functional brain can understand if your complaint is about coup plotters, those that introduced it into the polity who happen to be led by some Igbo vagabond should be held accountable.

Yet unintelligent Igbos like you run your lousy large disgusting mouth everyday abusing those that only learnt from your evil and diabolical deeds.

But you guys are still a learner. You plotted and got killed by rat poison.

1 Like

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by tfelicityk(m): 8:57am On Jun 11, 2018
They should go and hug the available transformer here to them.

1 Like

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by SalamRushdie: 9:19am On Jun 11, 2018
Babacele:
When supposedly elected officials threaten democracy ,patriots won't sit by and watch ask Zimbabweans. What are your statistics ? Won't you research before you go public ? So if truly had performed woefully in his first stint aborted by the same gang of thieves hovering presently around ,why would Nigerians beg for pmb's return after 30 years? How would those that told us to prepare for recession in 2014 at $65/ barrel would have been able to manage at $30/barrel? Buhari is just a Godsent.

No matter what they should never have planned that coup , of Buhari thought he had better to offer Nigerians than Shagari then he should have resigned from the Army , joined a political party and contested against Shagari...that it's how it's supposed to be done man ..Coup plots are very wrong ...I will not even support a coup plot against the current govt no matter how unsatisfied I am with their performance ..The only way to change govt is through free and fair elections..
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by donqx: 9:20am On Jun 11, 2018
ohh
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by aycorporat(m): 9:22am On Jun 11, 2018
Babacele:
the military vow was loyalty to Nigeria which he had demonstrated severally e.g the overcoming of maitasene sects but no sane patriot would sit by and watch while Shagari unleashed deliberate poverty on the nation caused by official brazen and unbridled stealing like the Umaru dikkos while the ordinary citizens are forced to bear the brunt of such recklessness in the name of austerity - an old word for recession. In few months, PMB stabilized the economy until drug barons who weren't happy about the orderliness PMB was bringing took over and plunged us to hell which reached a crescendo in 2014 when another recession visited us hence our plea for Dr Buhari to return to cure us of the recession maladies after 30 years of our first encounter with him. Like every good physician, though with some natural flaws unexpected of mortals ,PMB has been busy tackling the causes of these maladies .
If Buhari had not intervened ,shagari would have destroyed this nation and we would have been worse than Somalia. So we need to thank PMB .
This is a real eye opener o babacele. however I am still angry at the way he is handling security.
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Mr2013(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2018
Haven read everyone's comments and qoutes here,it has just made me to knw one thing.

AS LONG AS WE ARE TOGETHER IN THIS COUNTRY,WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE DECIEVED BY PERPETUAL DECIEVERS LIKE THE APC.

U see,I call them by that name because, they knw exactly how to get what ever they want anytime, any day. 2015,they came up with change,chanting change here and there,we fell for it because we felt like we needed the change. Now, they came and gave us the change in the highest negative order.now,from the kind of reactions they get from the masses has show to them how weak they are in performing their duties,that no normal thinking person (except those who are directly involved in the their government) will ever vote them in again, so be it that they have PhD in deceit,they now resort to putting intellectual fight BTW the north/west against the easterners.

Hence,the rubbish they are going about doing now. I want to ask,is it this year that APC government assumed power in this country??, why now?? Is Bullhari just remembering Abiola since he took over power now? Abiola's day should have been celebrated like two to three times by now if he meant well for that man and not just using it to get what he want. What about the Coach he fuifilled the made promise of 90's, why just now? So all of these happenings in the country which we cry about as long as our eyes continues to be closed to the truth. We easily get carried away by mere sentiments,its high time we grew up and stop falling for things like this.
Priorities should not be placed on those who died ages ago,to the detriments of those who are alive.qoute me here if u want,but the truth remains that these little tricks that they(APC) has displayed has gotten the minds of some Westerners and its very very pitiable.

As long as we are diverse in nature, so do our views on things and opinions. If a favour is done to the east,to will tend to forget the sorrow and agony we have been through. If it is done to the West,it becomes Worest because the will be ready to do all shit because of it.

Let's grow up, see beyond our nose and reason factionally.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE, SO LETS MAKE THE CHANGE

My Take On This.
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Babacele: 9:25am On Jun 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:

No matter what they should never have planned that coup , of Buhari thought he had better to offer Nigerians than Shagari then he should have resigned from the Army , joined a political party and contested against Shagari...that it's how it's supposed to be done man ..Coup plots are very wrong ...I will not even support a coup plot against the current govt no matter how unsatisfied I am with their performance ..The only way to change govt is through free and fair elections..
while I won't agree less, don't make it look like an exclusively Buhari thing... it started before then and Buhari has changed and better than his accusers.
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by sexdoll: 9:29am On Jun 11, 2018
na wa o!

what exactly is actually going on here?

who are these guys subtly exposing themselves on this thread?

i hope dss detectives and operatives have not taken over this nairaland watching and monitoring every bit of our conversations.

people should be more careful o!

seems nairaland is not as anonymous as we would have want to believe after all...
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Babacele: 9:31am On Jun 11, 2018
aycorporat:

This is a real eye opener o babacele. however I am still angry at the way he is handling security.
hmmm , if not a Buhari security would have been worse off. think from Niger Delta to NE is there any improvement ? Yes there is.
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Abudu2000(m): 9:55am On Jun 11, 2018
nero2face:
fayose eating beans in a local joint, Aisha Buhari frying Ankara cheesy how can you see past that kikikiki grin
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by kenoc: 10:27am On Jun 11, 2018
The award of National honour on the acclaimed winner of June 12 is meaningless and a high level of insult on the collective sensibility of all Nigerians . I lost hope on Nigeria the day General Babangida annulled the freest and fairest election in Nigeria. This latest develop is just a political strategy to mortgage our sense of reasoning over our sufferings by the APC. With this, APC has captured South West. But the question is, what is the benefit of this to the South West as regard to Economy, Education, employment, infrastructure etc.
Nigerian let us learn to stand for the truth and refuse to allow this political thieves from dividing us along tribal and religious line.
i still believe that ordinary Nigerians love themselves irrespective of tribe and religion. Our problem is our politicians who campaigns along tribal and religious line.
God will help us.
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by BENEAMATA: 11:30am On Jun 11, 2018
nero2face:
ONWARD WITH YOUR P .V . C in 2019 to cast your vote , but please and please DO NOT attempt to de-emphasise any gesture that will OFFICIALLY entrench the events of JUNE 12 into the anals of our history , thereby bringing foreclosure in the lives of those involved and their families ,as MERE POLITICAL MOVE , I BEG OF YOU . As another anniversary of the date (june 12) looms , we remember some of the protagonist that gave so much so that your vote come 2019 will count for more than mere political exercise . . . . Chief M.K.O Abiola (G.C.F.R ) , Pa Alfred Rewane , Chief Gani Fawehinmi (S. A . N ) SENIOR ADVOCATE OF THE MASSES ! , Chief Anthony Enahoro , SCORES OF PROTESTERS THAT DIED , WERE MAIMED AND DETAINED BY SECURITY OPERATIVES IN THE IMMEDIATE AFTERMATH OF THE ANNULMENT . Chief Mrs Kudirat A biola , Pa Abraham Adesanya, Prince Ademola Adeniji Adele , Humphrey Nwosu ! Olu Falae, Adams Oshiomole and N .L . C , SCORES OF PROTESTERS THAT WERE KILLED , MAIMED AND DETAINED BY SECURITY OPERATIVES IN EACH OF THE SUBSEQUENT ANNIVERSARY OF JUNE 12 FOR FOUR YEARS . . . . Bola Ige Bola Tinubu, Barr. Olisa Agbakoba, Ray Ekpu Cris Anyanwu George Mbah Alex Ibru Rtd . Col . Umar AND MANY OTHERS So you see , any move to right the wrongs of the annulment of the june 12 , 1993 elections is not a mere political move ,but rather a welcomed effort at reparation and reconciliation regardless of how 2019 pans out .
Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Amalekki: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2018
Buhari has scattered his enemies - see confusion and desperation oo... is it Buhari's fault that your 'heroes' who benefited from June 12 failed to do the right thing? If you fail to right wrongs God will eventually raise even mere stones to do it grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
Yes, Nairaland is not anonymous.

However the issue of June 12 is such that, if we get it right from now on, we can become a better nation. Who were the military men by the side of David Mark, who spoke to IBB. Let's mention their names and let's trace their paths from 1994 till date.

Since this issue was brought up, we have read how Abacha died, learnt that Abubakar Bagudu became governor of Kebbi state, Almustapha has suggested some Afenifere leaders were after their own pockets when Abiola died; we have learnt that Babagana Kingibe became minister of Foreign Affairs under Abacha, Senator Jonathan Zwingina the former DG of Hope 93 campaign organization became a commissioner in Adamawa.

June 12 and the application of a remedy now should remind Nigerians as 2019 is approaching, of the fact that the cabal that worked to bring the annulment of June 12 are now political gladiators and they are the machinery of corruption, who benefited the most from PDP and the recent republic, after stacking enough cash from the days of military rule, to foist themselves on the unsuspecting public as heroes. That cabal represents the enemies of the average Nigerian man.

The spirit of June 12 is the spirit of unity of the Nigerian masses.

Let us shame those who actively benefited from subverting the interest of all Nigerians, by naming them and actively campaigning against them receiving electoral offices, because they are kleptomaniacs, political whores, greedy people, who can only deceive the populace.

As we chronicled the names and pictures of legislators, during the OBJ 3rd term saga,and how they voted on the issue; let us expose these people who opposed June 12 and effectively vote them and their lieutenants out of power.

June 12 reminds us that as 2019 is coming, the power is with the people. It is time to wake and to vote for someone who has not been tainted by corruption.
It is time for us to stand up and defend our votes again.
It is time we become active citizens at our own polling units.
It is time we have our method of collating and monitoring elections to ensure thee truth stands.
It is time for the beauty of democracy as mass endorsement and not forced/forged endorsement, to become the norm.
It is time for us to open our eyes and move as a people in the right direction.

It is time to wake Nigerians to the reality that Boko haram is an offshoot of the truncated 1993 election process, strengthened by the subversion of the will of the people and achieved using political thugs by scrupulous politicians who play the Nigerian Cake lottery using a formula of thuggery, bribery and corruption.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
Yes, Nairaland is not anonymous.

However the issue of June 12 is such that, if we get it right from now on, we can become a better nation. Who were the military men by the side of David Mark, who spoke to IBB. Let's mention their names and let's trace their paths from 1994 till date.

Since this issue was brought up, we have read how Abacha died, learnt that Abubakar Bagudu became governor of Kebbi state, Almustapha has suggested some Afenifere leaders were after their own pockets when Abiola died; we have learnt that Babagana Kingibe became minister of Foreign Affairs under Abacha, Senator Jonathan Zwingina the former DG of Hope 93 campaign organization became a commissioner in Adamawa.

June 12 and the application of a remedy now should remind Nigerians as 2019 is approaching, of the fact that the cabal that worked to bring the annulment of June 12 are now political gladiators and they are the machinery of corruption, who benefited the most from PDP and the recent republic, after stacking enough cash from the days of military rule, to foist themselves on the unsuspecting public as heroes. That cabal represents the enemies of the average Nigerian man.

The spirit of June 12 is the spirit of unity of the Nigerian masses.

Let us shame those who actively benefited from subverting the interest of all Nigerians, by naming them and actively campaigning against them receiving electoral offices, because they are kleptomaniacs, political whores, greedy people, who can only deceive the populace.

As we chronicled the names and pictures of legislators, during the OBJ 3rd term saga,and how they voted on the issue; let us expose these people who opposed June 12 and effectively vote them and their lieutenants out of power.

June 12 reminds us that as 2019 is coming, the power is with the people. It is time to wake and to vote for someone who has not been tainted by corruption.
It is time for us to stand up and defend our votes again.
It is time we become active citizens at our own polling units.
It is time we have our method of collating and monitoring elections to ensure the truth stands.
It is time for the beauty of democracy as mass endorsement and not forced/forged endorsement, to become the norm.
It is time for us to open our eyes and move as a people in the right direction.

It is time to wake Nigerians to the reality that Boko haram is an offshoot of the truncated 1993 election process, strengthened by the subversion of the will of the people and achieved using political thugs by scrupulous politicians who play the Nigerian Cake lottery using a formula of thuggery, bribery and corruption.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Has Not Left PDP, It Is "Rumor" - PDP, Fani Kayode Says / Yoruba Ronu Group Endorses Tinubu For 2023 Presidency / Flooding: Enugu Deploys Mechanisms To Track, Minimise Impact On Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.