Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe (45766 Views)

How Tinubu Turned Many Igbos To Billionaires, By Joe Igbokwe / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Stevenson1(m): 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
Dareal90s:

So democracy makes u have no leader, is that how USA is? Fufu just full ur brain.

Just as you guys are known for and expected. Read my comments and know where I insulted anybody or any tribe. Oh... No Where!!! you be typical idiotic slowpoke. so SE don't have Governors, Igwes and Obi's eh. What I meant by Leader was who your tribe and Hausa people follow without asking anything or to anywhere you are been taken, even off a cliff without asking Hey, Where are you taking us. Upon the whole truth Nnamdi Kanu was saying, majority of Igbos were against him but your stupid dumb brain won't know that. Your case is otherwise. Whoever Jagaban point, na that person you go vote. Even if the person na He-goat, you go still vote am. Tell me, is that not stupidity of the highest order You lots will just be making mouth up and down without any self value or dignity. Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria that practices real DEMOCRACY!!! Go and suck a cow as usual if it pains you. Foolish human being.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
Follygunners:

Never mind, I'm up and running, bros. I dey chill here for work. You can go sleep! grin
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

ohanaze does not want regions they.want 5 vice president.your elders are.shit.they should support regions and develop their place .you will have your own everything,but they know they cannot survive.you need access to the sea so you are claiming calabar has baifra. they know you will dominate them.they can never come with you.even in lagos an igbo man wanted to contest has governor.can you allow that in your place

Stop muddling up issues, Ohaneze recently held a restructuring summit, its not like igbos are teleguided on what to do by one single group. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/269138-amidst-ipob-threat-ohaneze-holds-restructuring-summit.html

And first come to Igbo land and invest before talking of contesting elections in Igbo, politics is local people will vote who they know, Igbos who contest elections in Lagos didn't fall from heaven, they invested their time and money and earn their right to be voted for.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by NIGHTMARE0O7: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

[s] ikeja industrial estate,ilupeju industrial estate ,ikorodu industrial estate,first tv station in africa from cocoa money.you wanted to dominate everybody and you are now messed up.change your ways.fashola deported some of your people landing lagos every minute[/s]

Igbo's are not ur mate. They are dominating u already in Lagos and u can't do anything about it.. Ur jealousy and envy cant stop their domination it can only worsten it..
Stop crying and tell ur brothers to work hard to match with the great Igbo's..

Even your yoruba brothers are crying everywhere on Facebook.
PLS READ CAREFULLY. cool

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by sammirano: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
stefanweeks:

Apparently, I am using yours.

Go take your meds boy before you end up mad like joe

Hilarious how some low lives just feel pained when corrected. You're not in my league. I merely corrected your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nightwolf1: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

regionalism is very important and awolowo planned to support even the minorities to have their own regions.all the police killing yahoo boys are all from hausa and igbo land.In a regional system they will stationed were they understand and speak the language and you can kill your people if you like.dont tone anything down because of my gender.never do that

LOL I shouldn't tone it down, right? Well u picked on the wrong guy then.. Listen up babe, like u rightly pointed out, regionalism or outright dissolution is the key to everlasting peace between all of us. Of a truth tribalism is just a cancer but whose fault as it stands? The igbo man blames the Yoruba man, same way the Yoruba blames the igbo man. the hausa man blames the igbos and yorubas too. It goes on and on and on. So, the circle is nothing short of MERRY GOES ROUND
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

Ain't abia and imo oil producing nations, cities like nnewi, osha and aba don't they contribute to the nations trading and manufacturing sector, I believe every region in Nigeria can be on itself, so let's restructure
Your contribution is not up to 10% .the highest number of industries are located in ogun state and they pay duties and cumulative figures will tell you ,your industries are few and contribute less and your business dont go global .its always the same after many years.there is a difference between exploration and prospecting .
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

Restructure first, stop bothering about Igbos, land locked or not we will be fine
ohanaze does not want regions they.want 5 vice president.your elders are.shit.they should support regions and develop their place .you will have your own everything,but they know they cannot survive.you need access to the sea so you are claiming calabar has baifra. they know you will dominate them.they can never come with you.even in lagos an igbo man wanted to contest has governor.can you allow that in your place

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

Your contribution is not up to 10% .the highest number of industries are located in ogun state and they pay duties and cumulative figures will tell you ,your industries are few and contribute less and your business dont go global .its always the same after many years.there is a difference between exploration and prospecting .

Stop blowing grammar, let's restructure atleast according to you igbos contribute little, they will suffer, allow us suffer biko

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 10:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

Igbo's are not ur mate. They are dominating u already in Lagos and u can't do anything about it.. Ur jealousy and envy cant stop their domination it can only worsten it..

PLS READ CAREFULLY. cool

dominating in what?you spend years learning trade while yorubas spend time in school ,the outcomes are different .in a restructured country they will do better .you survive and make money in a disorganized place.you pay land charges and that is okay.our.place remains develop while your place reamains the same
lagos is richer than ghana has a country richer than kenya has a country .its on the right path yo sustainable development.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
Follygunners:

Never mind, I'm up and running, bros. I dey chill here for work. You can go sleep! grin

Go and sleep....is late but don't make the sleep to be over moroonic
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by deomelo: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
[s]
NIGHTMARE0O7:

PLS READ CAREFULLY. cool
[/s]

Of what relevance is your copy and paste fake internet? By a house in America means what? That I own America?

You don'w own anything in Lagos, your C of C is a lease that is revocable by the state Government at any time.

Every tribe in Nigeria own something in Lagos, but only you Igbos shout and scream to the moon that you are special...

Just wonder why you people beat your dry and empty chests over nothing.

Empty barrels.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
TeejayMaya:
Joe Igbokwe says it raw!

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB?

Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996?

Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998?

Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?

Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones"

- Joe Igbokwe
CULLED from Osezele Isaiah FB post

https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2083237495293128&id=100008206937327&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.2083237495293128%3Atl_objid.2083237495293128%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2083237495293128%3Athid.100008206937327%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1530428399%3A2993722287373435468&__tn__=%2As-R

I couldn't even read up to 25% of this baseless article. From a well known Bipolar patient.

Yorubas are established Cowards and that's why they never went to war, They are fucking scared of their Gambari masters.

Even little ALL female Dahomey warriors invaded Yoruba land more than once n cleared them battle after battle.

Even if Buhari stabs Osinbanjo live on NTA, The yorubas won't still do anything. They are peaceful slaves, It's their trademark.

If Yorubas had just 10% of the guts of the Igbos, We wouldn't have been in this mess.

��.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by dotunbidemi: 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

Stop blowing grammar, let's restructure atleast according to you igbos contribute little, they will suffer, allow us suffer biko
igbos dont stay at home and they dont invest at home,tell your leaders to restructure along regional lines and they should stop discussing state creation and shit.we need fiscal federalism.you keep what you make and pay a pecentage to the center.but your leaders are all chasing shadows and confusing the illitrerate confident igbo man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

PLS READ CAREFULLY. cool

hate speech but dey won't see this one
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by zinizta: 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
kingzizzy:
Joe Yorubakwe keeps asking if Yorubas went to war, did Igbos go to war? Nigeria went to war with Biafrans

Why is it that Joe Yorubakwe does not seem to understand that Igbos and Yorubas are different people? They don't have much in common

As an Igbo man, I don't see what I can learn from a Yoruba man.

here is the only your mama can love you attitude....

the arrogant attitude. ...

the i am better than everybody else attitude...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

PLS READ CAREFULLY. cool
hate speech but they won't see it
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Boss13: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
This is one is worse than FFK
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nightwolf1:

LOL I shouldn't tone it down, right? Well u picked on the wrong guy then.. Listen up babe, like u rightly pointed out, regionalism or outright dissolution is the key to everlasting peace between all of us. Of a truth tribalism is just a cancer but whose fault as it stands? The igbo man blames the Yoruba man, same way the Yoruba blames the igbo man. the hausa man blames the igbos and yorubas too. It goes on and on and on. So, the circle is nothing short of MERRY GOES ROUND
india is the biggest democracy with different people,languages,they have about 3 thousand gods.but they have built a country.its a system problem,structural problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by contigiency(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Unfortunately, most of the post I am seeing here is abuse to our brother for his well thought out and useful advice. It appears the message was not important to some of us. Well, he had envisaged that judging by his closing statement.

As for me, it's a statement from the marble and I am one of your new friends for this kind of message.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

igbos dont stay at home and they dont invest at home,tell your leaders to restructure along regional lines and they should stop discussing state creation and shit.we need fiscal federalism.you keep what you make and pay a pecentage to the center.but your leaders are all chasing shadows and confusing the illitrerate confident igbo man

Saying igbos don't invest at home shows how much you know about igbos, goodnight
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

Saying igbos don't invest at home shows how much you know about igbos, goodnight

how many factories ?only country homes and hotels.only in aba ,nnewi ,your land space is also small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Boss13: 11:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
sammirano:

Here we go again, why call him a mad man for saying the truth. Yoruba will not do this. Use your senses for once na

That’s his opinion and not the truth. He has the right to air or express his opinion and at the same time, he should be prepared for the criticism that come with it. In my own opinion, I wonder if he would have maintained this view if he had not benefited from Tinubu.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

dominating in what?you spend years learning trade while yorubas spend time in school ,the outcomes are different .in a restructured country they will do better .you survive and make money in a disorganized place.you pay land charges and that is okay.our.place remains develop while your place reamains the same
lagos is richer than ghana has a country richer than kenya has a country .its on the right path yo sustainable development.

Check the stats, Igbos school pass Yoruba people.

And mind u, Lagos belongs to every breathing Nigeria, Any Nigerian who wishes can find jobs, buy land, build houses, develop any area they choose, live n do legitimate businesses anywhere they want.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by willibounce1(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
stefanweeks:
Igbos can never be compared to cowards and betrayers.

Igbokwe is a mad man.

Igbokwe is greater than oju iku who led millions of senseless ipod morons to their early grave. Igbokwe is greater than nnamdi kanu the scammar who had no job, came to nigeria to deceive the moronic ipods, collected their money, led thousands of them to early grave and some to jail and later fled to ghana to enjoy his money made from fraud.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

how many factories ?only country homes and hotels.only in aba ,nnewi ,your land space is also small

Lol only Lagos and abuja probably has more hotels in Nigeria than owerri, you don't know Igbo land I bet you never even crossed Benin ore road in your life before, at least educate yourself about igbos and not say things you don't know, there's lots of factories in nnewi aint called taiwan of Africa for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by ZZ22: 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

am a yoruba lady from lagos,you call it no mansland.we accomodate every tribe in nigeria.educate you ,you make your money,we sell land to you without questioning your origin.you marry our women without issues .we are rational in thinking and we developed our place through good thinking.can i get a land in your place?will you not plan to come back and kill me .
suffersticated accommodators always talking about how they accommodate someone who lives a better life than them. You developed Lagos while leaving Ibadan, oshogbo, ado ekiti, akure and ogbomosho to rot away. I wonder what would happen if Gwaris wake up tomorrow and claim that they developed Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by oxygenlove(m): 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

Stop muddling up issues, Ohaneze recently held a restructuring summit, its not like igbos are teleguided on what to do by one single group. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/269138-amidst-ipob-threat-ohaneze-holds-restructuring-summit.html

And first come to Igbo land and invest before talking of contesting elections in Igbo, politics is local people will vote who they know, Igbos who contest elections in Lagos didn't fall from heaven, they invested their time and money and earn their right to be voted for.
invest their time and money and earn their right to be voted for- on which land my broda? digest what u wrote well ursef and ask ursef some questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Check the stats, Igbos school pass Yoruba people.

And mind u, Lagos belongs to every breathing Nigeria, Any Nigerian who wishes can find jobs, buy land, build houses, develop any area they choose, live n do legitimate businesses anywhere they want.
Lagos belongs to my forefathers,get that,i dont know what statistics you are talking about.the region that introduce free education in nigeria still leads while you chase money and trade.women are more in school in the east and in the future they will heard everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by oxygenlove(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

PLS READ CAREFULLY. cool
dominating?, well i guess Ur ladies too are already dominating Abuja,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by OmoEpe(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
kingzizzy:

You guys make me laugh. You compare a human rights activist like Fela with a freedom fighter like Ojukwu who fought the military might of Nigeria for 3 years?
Fela who probably never held a gun in his life or heard the sound of mortar and bombs falling?

I think that the Yorub

a idea of a brave man is rather low

The difference between a Yoruba man and an igbo man is the difference between brain and brawn

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Fayose Plays Drum At The Lying-In-State Of Adebayo (Photos) / PDP Refers Adams Oshiomhole As Factional APC Chairman At Jonathan's Book Launch / Sowore, Falz And Mr Macaroni At EndSARS Memorial Procession (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.