Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Questions Of The Teary Ones - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Questions Of The Teary Ones (319 Views)

Inspirational Happy New Month Messages For Loved Ones & Bosses / Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones / Does Ones Wife Sleeping With Another Man Has Spiritual Effect On The Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions Of The Teary Ones by mrnwas(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2018
When father was alive, uncles used to come around. Aunties, village people, neighbors came to greet us a lot.

They loved my mum for always making sure the home and environs is serene.

Asides that, the words from my Dad also made these people admire my mum the more.

She had her way of helping dad over come his worries, always happy and even with us, we never had a reason to frown.

During 2015 election, my Dad found himself in the middle of 2 friends fighting because their expectations didn't come to be.

Father tried to separate them from killing each other but then, they bottle they threw about struck him, he died on the spot.

After Father's burial, certain things began to happen.

My favorite uncles gradually began to hate us. First, they started with mum. She'd refused their advances to get married to one of them.

From that, it became property issues.

I watched my favorite uncles and aunts call mother funny names, some went as far as claiming she killed my father, her husband when they knew the actual event that led to the death of him.

In one or 2 occasions, as the eldest son of my father, I went to plead with my uncle to let us be, to allow mum be in peace since she'd refused all his advances.

He threw me out.

On another occasion, he chased me out with a cutlass.

I was depressed. I hated him

Now they connived with the village people. The village head, even the king supported their move. They threw us out and now mum can't afford our school fees.

The house father left behind has been taken over by my uncle and in thus house. He and his family currently live while we scramble from one farm to the other in the village looking for how to make our daily bread.

I know I'm an African, but believe it when I say I've come to hate some element of this African tradition.

Why would my own uncles throw us out from the house built by my father simply because he died pre-matured.

Are we the maker of death?
Was it mum that killed my father?

Well, these are some of the questions of the teary Ones.

Funny enough, even the best answers aren't enough yo wipe these away.

But one thing is for sure, we'll still get there Somehow.

Our Chi lives.

#MondayFiction

©MrPinner 2018

(1) (Reply)

2 Men Show Up To Claim Baby After Woman Gives Birth At U.S. Hospital (Video) / Fire Kills Four Family Members, One Other In Kebbi / Between A Nigerian Man & Police Officer Who Needed Paternity Evidence Of His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.