Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,721 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria (1886 Views)

Nana Akufo-Addo Tenders Apology For Demolition, Orders Investigation / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Buhari And Nana Akufo-Addo Laughing In Burkina Faso (Caption Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
The recent disparagement metted on Nigeria by Ghana President Nana Akufo-Addo Speech at 2018 Oxford Africa Conference in London is a clear symptoms of how successful the Powers that be have been in fracturing the strong economic, military and diplomatic bond English West Africans once shared, a bond that was the envy of French West Africa.

The hypocrisy and absurdity of this speech is evident given the fact Ghana just signed a deal that allows U.S military to set up base in Ghana, Americas first military foothold on Anglophone West Africa, thereby joining the ranks of Niger, Chad and Cameroon as a base for the U.S military. 

Anti-Nigerianism has grown to epic proportion in the region that was once under Nigeria's sphere of influence. Lies and conspiracy theories are being launched by french and American propaganda machines, leveraging on the already negative stereotyping Nigeria has. 

These theories accuse Nigeria of being the cause of the problems facing the region. It's a very serious problem for the future relations between Nigeria and the rest of West Africa, who are quick to forget the immeasurable sacrifice Nigeria has made to keep ECOWAS the most democratic and one of the economically prosperous region in Africa.

But as always, dependent countries in the region will always find something to gripe about when it comes to Nigeria. It's always been this way. Nigerians bring crime, Nigerians controlling our economy, Nigerians stealing our women Nigeria this Nigeria that.

Anti Nigerianism, especially in Ghana as become almost uncontrollable. It has possessed them like a disease. It rises in their throat like an acid reflux . . . they can't keep it down any longer. Ghanaians see themselves as vastly different from Nigeria, yet in some parts of the world we are indistinguishable. They detest Nigeria's influence yet cannot do without Nigerian music and culture.

It seems perverse, then, that anti-Nigerianism is the only face of xenophobic stereotyping still broadly accepted in all parts of Africa. If, at a dinner party, you imitated the way Chinese people speak, laughed about their stupidity, their "slitty eyes" and their lack of grace, you could safely expect never to be invited back. But no one thinks twice about calling Nigerians criminals,dumb, fat and loud uncultured, and we have guys like Falz promoting that stereotyping all in the name of music.

Africa's aversion to Nigeria reaches far beyond the political sphere. It is not a question of what Nigeria"does", but of its essence: of what it "is". 

Now, Nigeria might be detested and hated in French speaking West Africa. There has been historic animosity between Nigeria and Francophone West Africa. France feared Nigeria's "castrating" power long before it grew into an 800-pound "gorilla", and did everything in their power to denigrate Nigeria.

Nigeria has practically gone to war with one military skirmishes nearly escalated to full blown war with another. Couple that with years of French indoctrination and you see the people in these countries have legitimate reasons to hate Nigeria.

But this should not be the case in Ghana. Nigeria has done more for the region that Ghana can ever hope to. Ghanaians have an inferiority complex, which is hard to explain. Just days ago i was watching a program on Joy Tv, a Ghanaian televisoon station whereby the topic of contension was that Dangote is not the richest man in Africa. Nigerians are full of hype. You cannot make this up. Ghanas obsession with Nigeria is without parallel. They love the country they pretend to hate.

At the end of the day though, it boils down to resentment, resentment emanating from the fact that TWICE now, Nigeria has had to sacrifice untold thousands of its young people to rescue West Africa from the folly of senseless ethic crimes. A job the United States wasn't keen on taking up. 

[b]Dear Ghanaians who look down their noses at Nigerian[/b]s,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFfO2JCD6ZM?list=RDHFfO2JCD6ZM

Let’s get to the real reason you hate us. Well, reasons. In the spirit of civility, I’ll ignore the obvious jealousy of our superiority is basically every indices of national development and clout.

Africans often talk of Nigerian “arrogance.” How people abroad don’t like us. Partly because of this supposed arrogance. Well, after thinking about it, after praying about it, after writing a lengthy pro/con list, I’ve come to a serious conclusion: I have zero craps to give. Go ahead, call us arrogant. Stand on top of a table in a snooty French restaurant and mock the Oga boys. My blessing? You have it. Get the point?

We have plenty of good reasons to believe we’re better than other Africans. Mainly because we are. The key to pulling off arrogance is similar to mastering a great suit. Believe it. Live it. Love it. I’ve embraced Nigerian arrogance more heartily than you’ve embraced the Liberian refugees. 

Trigger Arrogance Warning
:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abwW86fLFiM

We’re the only regional power to remain superpower of the region without simply conquering and imposing our interest on you our economic and military power, despite the fact that we could. Why could we? Picture the economy of Lagos, or the size of our military.

We have the biggest armies, navies, and air power. Ghana is allowed to exist as a sovereign nation by Nigeria's merciful grace. Could we conquer them and take their stuff? Sure. Could they do anything about it? No. Do we? No. For a regional power that id dominant in economy, demography, diplomacy, culture, milittary, intellectually...throughout history, that’s a first. Again I invite you to chew on that. I’d encourage you to gargle afterward (no more, I promise). 

“Oh Nigerians think it’s their job to police ECOWAS!” said every non-champion who left the birth canal reluctantly. If you follow my blog you will see im generally a non-interventionist when it comes to ECOWAS, but you know why people believe Nigeria should police the region? Because we’re the only ones who can. See above paragraph regarding our fantastic military might.

But the United Nations! They’re the real peace keepers in the world!” Okay, now that’s just stupid.. Look it, all of these international agreements are designed to ride on American coat tails. But of course, i wouldn't expect you to understand, considering 

To this day, who do ECOWAS nations call when they’re up feces creek with nothing but a spatula? It’s not Ghana. Even if you just became Americas newest aircraft carrier in West Africa. Here’s a hint: it’s not the Britain. Nope, not Gambia. Not the Ivory Coast. Keep guessing, you’ll get there.

Also Nigeria and Ghana are practically the only country in West Africa with freedom of speech. So that’s a pretty big one. Best point for last. Free speech means I can call all you Ghanaians spineless, toothless, cotton-headed ninnymuggins without political repercussions. Same way you deem it fit to shamefully disparage your only powerful ally in the region that guarantees you access to a market of 200 million people, people you emulate yet shamelessly disparage right in front of the world.

https://defensenigeria.com/2018/06/11/response-to-ghanas-president-nana-akufo-addo-disparagement-of-nigeria/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Efewestern: 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
OP it's just saddening, Nigeria is the only country in Africa that is selfless towards other countries, most times we sacrifice our men and we gain nothing in return,only for them to insult us when they have any little opportunity, without Nigeria and Nigerians Most West African countries will be useless because the white care less about them (They have nothing to benefit anyways). Till date we still fund any Ecowas/Ecomog operation, Our gallant troops still sacrifice their lives for others even when we have our own internal problem(s).

Way forward :

We should be hard on them and stop this big brother mentality, Ghana is owing us a huge cash and I bet they can't pay without crashing their economy, I see no reason why we should keep sending gas to them when they can't pay for the service.

Nigerians and Nigeria first, We should also learn to be a little bit selfish, till they learn to respect us, they benefit from us more than we benefit from them.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Efewestern:
OP it's just saddening, Nigeria is the only country in Africa that is selfless towards other countries, most times we sacrifice our men and we gain nothing in return,only for them to insult us when they have any little opportunity, without Nigeria and Nigerians Most West Africa countries will be useless because the white care less about them (They have nothing to benefit anyways). Till date we still fund any Ecowas/Ecomog operation, Our gallant troops still sacrifices their lives for others even when we have our own internal problem.

Way forward :

We should be hard on them and stop this big brother mentality, Ghana is owing us a huge cash and I bet they can't pay without crashing their economy, I see no reason why we should keep sending gas to them when they can't pay for the service.

Nigerians and Nigeria first, We should also learn to be a little bit selfish, till they learn to respect us, they benefit from us more than we benefit from them.

God bless Nigeria.

I have said it before. ECOWAS died the moment Moroccos bid to join the regional bloc was granted and Tunisas bid to join the regional bloc was taken up for consideration. To think Natural gas from Nigeria power Ghana. Biggest FDI in Ghana are from Nigerian investors. This fool goes to London, brings up 1970 folklore and disparages Nigeria to the world. Same guy who just opened his country to the U.S for an airbase.

2 Likes

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Efewestern: 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
SSGN:

I have said it before. ECOWAS died the moment Moroccos bid to join the regional bloc was granted and Tunisas bid to join the regional bloc was taken up for consideration. To think Natural gas from Nigeria power Ghana. Biggest FDI in Ghana are from Nigerian investors. This fool goes to London, brings up 1970 folklore and disparages Nigeria to the world. Same guy who just opened his country to the U.S for an airbase.

I don't not blame him, I blame our stupid leaders, both Apc and PDP, they are all fools, they are the reason we're receiving such backlash from these empty skulls, I can't just imagine a Continent without Nigeria, yet they ridicule us when they have any little opportunity. Same Ghana that came begging when we threatened to cut gas supply.

With the right leaders, Nigeria will be a big threat to major western powers, reason they are doing all these stuff . Where was US or UN when some West African countries were burning?, they did nothing , Only to bring their ugly head now.

Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Efewestern: 9:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
Seun and lalasticlala why is this post not on FP?,
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2018
Efewestern:

I don't not blame him, I blame our stupid leaders, both Apc and PDP, they are all fools, they are the reason we're receiving such backlash from these empty skulls, I can't just imagine a Continent without Nigeria, yet they ridicule us when they have any little opportunity. Same Ghana that came begging when we threatened to cut gas supply.

With the right leaders, Nigeria will be a big threat to major western powers, reason they are doing all these stuff . Where was US or UN when some West African countries were burning?, they did nothing , Only to bring their ugly head now.

Pathetic.

lol
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Bethel4Life(f): 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
as a lady residing in ghana, i must say that this write up against ghanians are hate speeches..this is just rediculous...u ended up rubbishing ghana while praising that shivhold country nigeria..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by intrepidJ: 12:34am On Jun 12, 2018
LO He starts his speech with a 20 minutes monologue on how bad Nigeria is then goes on talking about Africans unitelol
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Masterppower: 1:06am On Jun 12, 2018
Why would other countries respect a country with a president like Buhari?

Let us be sincere here please.......

The only President who tells the world that everybody in his country are criminals. Who will take him serious?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by trillville(m): 2:38am On Jun 12, 2018
I just watched the speech. If only Nana akufo were president of the whole of West Africa, we would all develop fast.

The man is clearly focused. One district one factory. Food processing not agriculture. No more aid donors but governments should focus on water resources, infrastructure and educating their youths. No dignity in poverty. That was one hell of a powerful speech.

I even like the idea of an American military base. The investment it would bring to Ghana is tremendous.

Currently Ghana is one of the fastest growing nations in Africa. Ghana has a lot to be proud about.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Redoil: 3:59am On Jun 12, 2018
What about buhari going to the international stage to say all nigerians are criminals, thieves and lazy youth?
Who would want to do goo business or bring good investment to such country?
Yarimo over to you

3 Likes

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Redoil: 4:12am On Jun 12, 2018
Bethel4Life:
as a lady residing in ghana, i must say that this write up against ghanians are hate speeches..this is just rediculous...u ended up rubbishing ghana while praising that shivhold country nigeria..
says buhari in london

1 Like

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Efewestern: 5:24am On Jun 12, 2018
Bethel4Life:

As a Nigerian I find the speech of your president annoying, not after all our sacrifices to make your country and all other West African countries livable, you run to the White to ridicule us, do the white care about you when you have nothing? , What have you done exactly for Nigeria?, compare that to what Nigeria has done for you and is still doing for you.

Our leaders are the ones selling us out, we benefit nothing from Ghana save for some few stuffs, You guys should learn not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Modified : She even had the guts to call Nigeria a shivhold country, oh no.. this is what we are saying.

2 Likes

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Efewestern: 5:29am On Jun 12, 2018
Masterppower:
Why would other countries respect a country with a president like Buhari?

Let us be sincere here please.......

The only President who tells the world that everybody in his country are criminals. Who will take him serious?

Hey this is not about Buhari, even before Buhari became president these countries still find any slightest opportunity to insult us, Do you know what Nigeria and Nigerians have done for Ghana?, Without Nigeria their economy will be nothing, The whites they love running to, what have they done for them?

Till date Ghana owes us some big debt and we are still having this big brother mentality, I expect a reasonable leader to deal with them till they learn some manners.
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by chinjo(m): 5:32am On Jun 12, 2018
If we put all the bad things said bout Nigeria by Buhari together, it will be more that what falz said in his song 'This is Nigeria'

1 Like

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Efewestern: 5:46am On Jun 12, 2018
Redoil:
What about buhari going to the international stage to say all nigerians are criminals, thieves and lazy youth?
Who would want to do goo business or bring good investment to such country?
Yarimo over to you

Buhari did not say ALL Nigerians are lazy and thieves, I still have the video of his speech on my phone, the video is also available on YouTube, this post is about Nigeria, my father's land, not Buhari, these Ghanaians have this hatred for Nigeria and Nigerians, I don't just know why.

1 Like

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by wizmikeee: 10:54am On Jun 12, 2018
when I hear Nigerians say white ppl control Ghana and without Nigeria countries in west Africa are useless. I laugh till my tummy hurts The iphones, Internet , cars, oil dwelling machines, computer, dangote oil refinery was built by the white folks. Stop using them if ur economy you been bragging can survive a second illiterate mediocrity hypocritical stupidity ppl. As we talk now with country is most useless in west Africa. Africa knows you Nigerians talk big but empty like ur empty brains

3 Likes

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Mavrik: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
What??
Is this my country- Ghana, that you just taken to the cleaners. Why do you Nigerians feel the need to always insult Ghana to feel better about yourself. You always quote Ghanaian leaders just to get the reason to bash Ghana, well continue if you think that will make you feel better. I have heard some of your high profile officials say really terrible things about Ghana, and its rather unfortunate the youth of today are following in the same footsteps. @SSGN I dont know how old you are but if you ask your elders and they will be candid with you, they will tell you Ghana's pedegree. Greatness- at least by African standards is in our genes. It comes by grace, we dont beg Africa and world for respect and acceptance. Its just theer. I will never say Ghana is better than Nigeria... no. But certainly no sane person will dare say Nigeria with all their huge population and wealth is better than Ghana. That should tell you something. I know you Nigerians always marvel at our exploits. You wonder "how a country the population of lagos-as you always refer to as if thats the only state in your country- is doing great and has so much balls". well like i told you we are destined for greatness. You ask what has Ghana done for Nigeria. Did you ask this question? You really asked this question dude? How are you. The question should have been what has Ghana done for Africa? yes Africa. With a population of just about 5 million people Ghana was able to get the whole of black Africa including your Nigeria to see the evil of colonialism and the tranquility in freedom and self rule. What has Nigeria the largest black nation been able to rally the race to do. you can tell us if you want. You have not even been able to get the whole west Africa behind you. As big as Nigeria is she should be able to for instance get China to do so much for us (West Africa) by getting those 16 or so countries to all recognize Taiwan. Its a political game you Nigerians cant play. We in Ghana cant play that either but if we had your size and wealth you know .... another example. Ghana cofounded the Non Aligned Movement and got almost all black Africans to it. This is just one of Ghanas legacy to Africa unlike you who created fathered 100s of thousands of children in Liberia. I dare you to leave the Non Aligned Movement. Dont tell me Nigeria leads peacekeeping efforts in West Africa or Africa, because almost all countries can do that for instance Senegal led west African forces to oust Yahya Jammeh, so stop taking credit for what we all did. Ghana has led UN missions in Africa and across the world (Lebanon). Ghana was the only African country with an Aviation unit in Mali.

As for what we have done for Nigeria you know already. We help you get what you will never get from anybody and not even billions of barrels of oil can buy- a united Nigeria. You can ask your forefathers about the Aburi Accord. you leaders know this so they know how meaningful their relation to Ghana is. Nkrumah after helping your independence struggle brought you to Ghana and united you as one nation. But as kids as your leaders were they went back and fought killing millions and today you sit behind your computer and say Nigeria can invade Ghana. well let me just tell you this Nigeria cannot ever invade Ghana, not even in Buharis dreams. If you doubt me why dont you try it. We all know how you won the Biafra war. We wont invade Nigeria... in fact we cant. As always we have a better ways. We will just empower the Biafrans to fight for freedom. I am daring you why dont you try the invasion.

And someone said Ghana owe Nigeria money. My friend wake up this is 2018. That money was used to finance our part of the gas pipeline. because you are really the ones that need need. Ghana is the biggest buyer of your oil in the subregion. you dont give it out for free. ask your leaders. you dont also give us electricity. we produce it ourselves. We supply other countries electricity just like you and its not free neither are we doing them any favor. These two countries can work together to move the region forward. lets do and stop beating your chest at Ghana. WE ARE BIGGER THAN THAT. WE ARE YOUR BIG BROTHER JUST KEEP QUIET AND LEARN. Forgive for any typos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Omeokachie: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
Buhari was invited to Ghana's Independence celebration, and the only thing he thought he could talk about was to disrespect his host by saying he will help them fight corruption! Seriously!!!

Ghana is 81/180 in corruption perception index, while Nigeria under Buhari is 148/180.

Buhari wants to help Ghana fight corruption while his government is shielding corrupt officials within his administration.

Sometimes we bring the insults on our person.
Buhari seems to have nothing else to talk about other than to mouth his hypocritical "phighting kwarrapshian", even to countries that smell like roses compared to the stench oozing from his government.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by pointstores(m): 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
Naija we hail for corruption
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Racoon(m): 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
Sorry Nigeria choose it destiny.So be it.
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by coolscott(m): 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
SSGN:
The recent disparagement metted on Nigeria by Ghana President Nana Akufo-Addo Speech at 2018 Oxford Africa Conference in London is a clear symptoms of how successful the Powers that be have been in fracturing the strong economic, military and diplomatic bond English West Africans once shared, a bond that was the envy of French West Africa.

The hypocrisy and absurdity of this speech is evident given the fact Ghana just signed a deal that allows U.S military to set up base in Ghana, Americas first military foothold on Anglophone West Africa, thereby joining the ranks of Niger, Chad and Cameroon as a base for the U.S military. 

Anti-Nigerianism has grown to epic proportion in the region that was once under Nigeria's sphere of influence. Lies and conspiracy theories are being launched by french and American propaganda machines, leveraging on the already negative stereotyping Nigeria has. 

These theories accuse Nigeria of being the cause of the problems facing the region. It's a very serious problem for the future relations between Nigeria and the rest of West Africa, who are quick to forget the immeasurable sacrifice Nigeria has made to keep ECOWAS the most democratic and one of the economically prosperous region in Africa.

But as always, dependent countries in the region will always find something to gripe about when it comes to Nigeria. It's always been this way. Nigerians bring crime, Nigerians controlling our economy, Nigerians stealing our women Nigeria this Nigeria that.

Anti Nigerianism, especially in Ghana as become almost uncontrollable. It has possessed them like a disease. It rises in their throat like an acid reflux . . . they can't keep it down any longer. Ghanaians see themselves as vastly different from Nigeria, yet in some parts of the world we are indistinguishable. They detest Nigeria's influence yet cannot do without Nigerian music and culture.

It seems perverse, then, that anti-Nigerianism is the only face of xenophobic stereotyping still broadly accepted in all parts of Africa. If, at a dinner party, you imitated the way Chinese people speak, laughed about their stupidity, their "slitty eyes" and their lack of grace, you could safely expect never to be invited back. But no one thinks twice about calling Nigerians criminals,dumb, fat and loud uncultured, and we have guys like Falz promoting that stereotyping all in the name of music.

Africa's aversion to Nigeria reaches far beyond the political sphere. It is not a question of what Nigeria"does", but of its essence: of what it "is". 

Now, Nigeria might be detested and hated in French speaking West Africa. There has been historic animosity between Nigeria and Francophone West Africa. France feared Nigeria's "castrating" power long before it grew into an 800-pound "gorilla", and did everything in their power to denigrate Nigeria.

Nigeria has practically gone to war with one military skirmishes nearly escalated to full blown war with another. Couple that with years of French indoctrination and you see the people in these countries have legitimate reasons to hate Nigeria.

But this should not be the case in Ghana. Nigeria has done more for the region that Ghana can ever hope to. Ghanaians have an inferiority complex, which is hard to explain. Just days ago i was watching a program on Joy Tv, a Ghanaian televisoon station whereby the topic of contension was that Dangote is not the richest man in Africa. Nigerians are full of hype. You cannot make this up. Ghanas obsession with Nigeria is without parallel. They love the country they pretend to hate.

At the end of the day though, it boils down to resentment, resentment emanating from the fact that TWICE now, Nigeria has had to sacrifice untold thousands of its young people to rescue West Africa from the folly of senseless ethic crimes. A job the United States wasn't keen on taking up. 

[b]Dear Ghanaians who look down their noses at Nigerian[/b]s,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFfO2JCD6ZM?list=RDHFfO2JCD6ZM

Let’s get to the real reason you hate us. Well, reasons. In the spirit of civility, I’ll ignore the obvious jealousy of our superiority is basically every indices of national development and clout.

Africans often talk of Nigerian “arrogance.” How people abroad don’t like us. Partly because of this supposed arrogance. Well, after thinking about it, after praying about it, after writing a lengthy pro/con list, I’ve come to a serious conclusion: I have zero craps to give. Go ahead, call us arrogant. Stand on top of a table in a snooty French restaurant and mock the Oga boys. My blessing? You have it. Get the point?

We have plenty of good reasons to believe we’re better than other Africans. Mainly because we are. The key to pulling off arrogance is similar to mastering a great suit. Believe it. Live it. Love it. I’ve embraced Nigerian arrogance more heartily than you’ve embraced the Liberian refugees. 

Trigger Arrogance Warning
:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abwW86fLFiM

We’re the only regional power to remain superpower of the region without simply conquering and imposing our interest on you our economic and military power, despite the fact that we could. Why could we? Picture the economy of Lagos, or the size of our military.

We have the biggest armies, navies, and air power. Ghana is allowed to exist as a sovereign nation by Nigeria's merciful grace. Could we conquer them and take their stuff? Sure. Could they do anything about it? No. Do we? No. For a regional power that id dominant in economy, demography, diplomacy, culture, milittary, intellectually...throughout history, that’s a first. Again I invite you to chew on that. I’d encourage you to gargle afterward (no more, I promise). 

“Oh Nigerians think it’s their job to police ECOWAS!” said every non-champion who left the birth canal reluctantly. If you follow my blog you will see im generally a non-interventionist when it comes to ECOWAS, but you know why people believe Nigeria should police the region? Because we’re the only ones who can. See above paragraph regarding our fantastic military might.

But the United Nations! They’re the real peace keepers in the world!” Okay, now that’s just stupid.. Look it, all of these international agreements are designed to ride on American coat tails. But of course, i wouldn't expect you to understand, considering 

To this day, who do ECOWAS nations call when they’re up feces creek with nothing but a spatula? It’s not Ghana. Even if you just became Americas newest aircraft carrier in West Africa. Here’s a hint: it’s not the Britain. Nope, not Gambia. Not the Ivory Coast. Keep guessing, you’ll get there.

Also Nigeria and Ghana are practically the only country in West Africa with freedom of speech. So that’s a pretty big one. Best point for last. Free speech means I can call all you Ghanaians spineless, toothless, cotton-headed ninnymuggins without political repercussions. Same way you deem it fit to shamefully disparage your only powerful ally in the region that guarantees you access to a market of 200 million people, people you emulate yet shamelessly disparage right in front of the world.

https://defensenigeria.com/2018/06/11/response-to-ghanas-president-nana-akufo-addo-disparagement-of-nigeria/

First of, Nigerians are indeed "fat and loud uncultured".
We had great potential but our potential today (because of its consistent rubbing against minds of inferior intellect) is only as that of diamonds with Sierra-Leonean natives when the first white men landed. It was said they used the stones to decorate their mud huts.

There also is a sect of Nigerians notorious for this loudness. Perhaps 2 ethnic sets.

Can we deny the popularity of fraud (yahoo yahoo) with young Nigerians in Ghana and South Africa?.

Can we say that we have not heard many people who do not participate in it, give it a thumbs up back home here? Saying that
the boys should deal with the white man because the white man has been wicked to us?

Can we explain why elections in our country still take place with machetes, cutlasses and guns?

Can we explain why with our quite sizeable coast line, we have chosen to inflict Lagos with an over-congested port? Let ships pay huge demurage waiting to offload, and causing many not to bother to come to Nigeria at all, but to consistently go to Benin Republic or Togo?

Can we explain why we deem it more important, who is employed (as a minister) by the federal government, from our state, than the actual judicious use of the funds actually allocated to the state and our very own local governments for better development of the very states and local governments in which we live?

Can we explain the primitivity expressed in Nigerian driving? Well, this one, I know most of us do not even see it because it is the only kind of driving we were born into. Spend some weeks in some other clime and you will understand how people from other climes feel about the kind of people we must be, to engage the road like that.

Our men's favourite pastime after work is... you guessed it. Drinking and hanging out their prides. While other men gather to create roadmaps with which to invent tomorrow, using today as material, the number of green bottles on a Nigerian man's table determines his pride for that evening.

While songs like "Thinking out loud", "Let her go" etc get popular in other climes, such songs never get popular here in NG.

It is songs like...

You too fine pass mami-water eh-eh by whizkid
Looking for Caro by whizkid
Banana fall on you, by Davido
Looking for my Johnny by whizkid
I wan jogodo by I don't know who
Dance in Alingo by Psquare
I no like dis your touching body
One corner
and others...

pervade the minds of young people.

Emptiness goes in, foolishness comes out.

But you see, in all these things, people with the OPs position say "We are just too cool" as the rot spreads with rapid speed.
As the number of thugs on the streets become more plentiful than they were some years ago.
As fraud has become totally accepted by both young and old.
They (fraud and indiscipline) enjoy an increasingly warm embrace with the populace,
such that whenever we have apparent horrors for leaders in the state or federal levels, there will be many who will
be emotionally hauling praises at the horrible personalities responsible for engineering horror before our very eyes.

Please, count me very well out of any who will participate in the self-deceit that will first pretend not to see reasons for any people disparaging us, and to instead find the courage (and I don't know from where) to praise the perpetuity in failure that we have committed to making of ourselves over the years.

1 Like

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by coolscott(m): 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
The OP also seems to conveniently forget that the reason we call those bags "Ghana must go" is because there was a time in Nigeria when we chased Ghanians away.
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by gssdobi: 2:01am On Aug 23, 2018
Bethel4Life:
. Only rediculous, how about bluediculous, or greendiculous?
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 23, 2018
Nigeria as a nation has all it takes to be better without feeling out-shined by Ghana. I find it hard to believe that the so called 'small Ghana' is making progress with their electricity,governance, infrastructures etc while the prerident and the leaders of the so called 'big Nigeria' are talking them down,.. Does that not tell us that Ghana will always look like a better 'bride' to progressive 'suitors' like all progressive nations. Envy hurts!
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Bethel4Life(f): 7:31am On Aug 23, 2018
gssdobi:
. Only rediculous, how about bluediculous, or greendiculous?
lol

this one weak me no be small

1 Like

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Mavrik: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
Efewestern:
OP it's just saddening, Nigeria is the only country in Africa that is selfless towards other countries, most times we sacrifice our men and we gain nothing in return,only for them to insult us when they have any little opportunity, without Nigeria and Nigerians Most West African countries will be useless because the white care less about them (They have nothing to benefit anyways). Till date we still fund any Ecowas/Ecomog operation, Our gallant troops still sacrifice their lives for others even when we have our own internal problem(s).

Way forward :

God bless Nigeria.

You said all this about Ghana, ain't you even happy Ghana buys your petroleum petroleum products. Its business and good customers are treated well. We are are not doing you any favor by from you any more than you do us any favor by selling to us. We can always buy from somewhere just us you can also sell to anyone, but mind you Ghana is your biggest partner in the region, whether you like it or not. Dont let us get angry by looking elsewhere for our gas. Also take into consideration the fact that you have cut gas supply to us, simply a result of strike or attack on gas pipelines by your people. This affected us and should have triggered a legal action but we said hey what are brothers for. so you too chill. You are not doing us any favor. You can ask your leaders.
Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Efewestern: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
Mavrik:

You said all this about Ghana, ain't you even happy Ghana buys your petroleum petroleum products. Its business and good customers are treated well. We are are not doing you any favor by from you any more than you do us any favor by selling to us. We can always buy from somewhere just us you can also sell to anyone, but mind you Ghana is your biggest partner in the region, whether you like it or not. Dont let us get angry by looking elsewhere for our gas. Also take into consideration the fact that you have cut gas supply to us, simply a result of strike or attack on gas pipelines by your people. This affected us and should have triggered a legal action but we said hey what are brothers for. so you too chill. You are not doing us any favor. You can ask your leaders.

Happy Ghana buys our petroleum products on credit?, hell no I'm not happy about such one sided deal, when last did you pay for the gas you're consuming, I prefer you look elsewhere, I doubt any country will tolerate such quack deal.

If you stop buying our petroleum products we won't feel it a bit, our major buyers are the US, And some European countries.

And yes we are doing you guys a whole lot of favor, You have a little population, small economy, tell me what Nigeria and Nigerians can benefit from such poor country, your Musicians and Actors rely on The Nigerian market, most banks in your Country are from Nigeria.

If not for our useless leaders, Ghana can't even compete with some states in Nigeria, the economy of Abia and Ogun is greater than that of Ghana.

Dude I'm not that Nigerian that buys into that United black BS, you can't keep insulting us and expect favor from us, left for me I'd prefer we cut Ghana off.

1 Like

Re: Response To Ghana's President Nana Akufo-addo Disparagement Of Nigeria by Mavrik: 11:55am On Aug 27, 2018
Efewestern:

Happy Ghana buys our petroleum products on credit?, hell no I'm not happy about such one sided deal, when last did you pay for the gas you're consuming, I prefer you look elsewhere, I doubt any country will tolerate such quack deal.

If you stop buying our petroleum products we won't feel it a bit, our major buyers are the US, And some European countries.

And yes we are doing you guys a whole lot of favor, You have a little population, small economy, tell me what Nigeria and Nigerians can benefit from such poor country, your Musicians and Actors rely on The Nigerian market, most banks in your Country are from Nigeria.

If not for our useless leaders, Ghana can't even compete with some states in Nigeria, the economy of Abia and Ogun is greater than that of Ghana.

Dude I'm not that Nigerian that buys into that United black BS, you can't keep insulting us and expect favor from us, left for me I'd prefer we cut Ghana off.

Bla bla bla and there goes the Nigerian again. Weren't you flaring the gas before. Since when did Nigeria start producing electricity from her own gas. I am saying your people down south can just get angry and blast a pipeline and this affects my country. A group of people can go on strike anytime they feel like and then choose to vandalize and destroy a gas pipeline and boom Ghana is affected, no compensation nothing. in short what i am saying is you pretend to be supplying gas and we also pretend to pay. its simple. You are not smarter.

I am very happy you brought the issue of population. With our size and little wealth we still school and feed your students who troop into our country in drove- i mean the Senior High School. When i was teaching during my National service way back in 2009 i could count at least 15 Nigerian students in my school alone. Just wen the free SHS was started last year, go and check the number of Nigerian students in Ghanaian secondary schools all for free. Are we also doing you a favor? answer that.

I am also happy you talk about your "useless leader" in your own words. Please they are not useless. They should just humble themselves and learn from Ghana instead of insulting us. Your leaders insult us more than we insult you. Buhari: "i will help Ghana fight corruption" is this not insult. You still call a bag Ghana must go.. is this not insult. When your leaders says the "entire water generated by Ghana is not enough to flash toilet in Lagos" on radio, is this not insult. Look I dont want to go further.

You can check all i am saying for your self. Was it not your leaders who ban Ghanaian goods from entering Nigeria and gave the reason that most of the goods are made in China and brought to Ghana so they can get easy way into Nigeria and that Ghana produces nothing. What an insult. Meanwhile your goods where ever they are manufactured come into Ghana unhindered so far as you will pay the necessary taxes or duties. Was it not your country leaders that stopped or prevented a Ghanaian airline from obtaining licence to operate in Nigeria, while your own airline obtained a licence and operates in Ghana without any hindrance. There's sooo much i can say, and no i am not make it up. you can check online. I am quite busy i would have given you the links. In fact I sometimes feel we have been too lenient with you.

We dont have anything against you, I can vouch for that. But we will not accept any form of insult from you.

Nigerian banks are not doing anybody any favor, they saw an opportunity and chose to go for it. We chose to deregulate our banking industry and allowed others including foreign banks from Nigeria. We did not beg them.But ask yourself how deregulate is your banking industry, to what extent will you allow foreign banks from Ghana to participate. think about it.

No one is holding a gun at you head to stay in Ecowas. If you think it is not serving your purpose and interest you know what to do right... I repeat Ghana is your best friend and most trusted partner whether you like or not. Most of your leaders KNOW this. Especially in a region where we are both surrounded by French controlled West Africa. Nigeria cannot risk ever turning a blind eye or cut ties with Ghana.

By now Ghana and Nigeria should have been organizing military drills on the gulf of Guinea like what US does with other EU countries- to prove to France and the West that we are on top of issues in the region. This could have made them think twice when venturing into the affairs of Francophone countries. But what do we see... A Nigeria that feels they are better than everybody, and even thinking of invading a sister nation and they say they want to join the UN security council. A Nigeria with an over bloated ego that is not willing to shut up, humbling itself and learn and now look at what France and USA is turning the region into.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Guber Candidate As Other Saraki Loyalist Storm Out / Kannywood Actors Endorsed Kano PDP Gov. Candidate / Why Do People Say Muslims Are Many In Edo State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.