Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

I Am Done With Airtel! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Am Done With Airtel! (3552 Views)

How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / How To Download Files Above 15mb With Airtel Opera Mini Social Bundle Data Plan / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 12:23am On Jun 12, 2018
I am really angry right now. Yesterday was the 3rd time airtel activated some services on my line and charged for it. Each time i call to complain to the customer care line the usual response is to cancel the unwanted service without at least apologizing for the umfair charges.

This same thing happened yesterday. i was innocently enjoying my night browsing when i recieved a text message congratulating me for subscribing to students club service... something that i dont know and dont care about. i have also been constantly recieving error message telling me that "BusinessInsider Weekly could not be activated due to insufficient balance" as if i asked for it. If i need any business tips there are thousands of blogs and books and i can read with my data. And when i called the useless attendant was telling me that there is nothing like that. Meaning that i have become a liar for complaining about being unfairly charged.

I even went further to complain to them on facebook but still no response. They are simply telling me to go to hell.

mynd44
lalasticlala
seun

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 12:26am On Jun 12, 2018
My people i believe we are all aware of the situation our economy is in and these people are so comfortably making it harder for us (illegally). If there is any senior staff that wants to investigate the matter, this is the affected line:

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 12:29am On Jun 12, 2018
By the way which network do you recommend that i switch to?
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 12:29am On Jun 12, 2018
By the way which network do you recommend that i switch to? i browse a lot
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 7:37am On Jun 12, 2018
FoolishBoy419:
By the way which network do you recommend that i switch to? i browse a lot

grin grin student club

Don't port yet, airtel has the cheapest data right now

To solve your problem once and for all

Send STOP to 2442
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Jeffy1206(m): 7:53am On Jun 12, 2018
The same here in tired of their 50# deductions sef. I kukuma dumped the sim for ntel na undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by uckennety(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2018
My airtime disappears without explanation

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by pat077: 8:30am On Jun 12, 2018
Same here. Whenever I call customer care they keep saying it has been deactivated but they keep deducting my credit for useless service I never subscribed for
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by alex81(m): 8:53am On Jun 12, 2018
ryfoz:

grin grin student club

Send STOP to 2442
cheapest really? Pls give a breakdown of dr data plans.

At least mtn doesn't deduct our airtime unnecessarily.
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Oluwadare316(m): 8:56am On Jun 12, 2018
u can port to another network, I only use my two airtel sim for doing social bundle subscription
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by RemedyLab: 9:03am On Jun 12, 2018
lufdeen eht od ot si uoy rof ecivda ylno yM
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Heemcelph: 9:54am On Jun 12, 2018
I suffered same thing too, worst of it all was I ported from 9mobile to airtel. I realized most of these things activated on your line are from websites you visit, some websites would open a popup (a new tab) once you touch your screen and these things are mostly activated through these popups. A site like netnaija does that a lot. Turn on adblocker or visit such sites with a browser that doesn't support live pages like opera mini. I use opera mini each time I visit netnaija and no more popups, instead of a popup the service that activates such for you will be loaded on same page, you'd see it and have the option to ignore it unlike other browsers that will automatically activate it via popups.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by mrjojo: 10:02am On Jun 12, 2018
Write to them on Twitter and tag NCC and consumer protection. They will call you
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 11:13am On Jun 12, 2018
ryfoz:

grin grin student club

Send STOP to 2442

The problem is that they will still get me into another thing and charge me for it before i even know whats going on
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2018
Heemcelph:
I suffered same thing too, worst of it all was I ported from 9mobile to airtel. I realized most of these things activated on your line are from websites you visit, some websites would open a popup (a new tab) once you touch your screen and these things are mostly activated through these popups. A site like netnaija does that a lot. Turn on adblocker or visit such sites with a browser that doesn't support live pages like opera mini. I use opera mini each time I visit netnaija and no more popups, instead of a popup the service that activates such for you will be loaded on same page, you'd see it and have the option to ignore it unlike other browsers that will automatically activate it via popups.
I think i have come across airtel pages like that. So they just charge people like that before they even click on their ads. That is so cheap of them
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 11:16am On Jun 12, 2018
mrjojo:
Write to them on Twitter and tag NCC and consumer protection. They will call you

Thanks. i will do that immediately
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by encryptjay(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2018
Dial *902# and check the packages you're subscribed to then deactivate them from there.
There's this TrendFlix notifications I keep getting from them these days.
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
Well op sorry for your predicament I hope u didn't offend one of their staff who indirectly is handling ur case in proxy....

Well as 4 me I really teach them a lesson (Airtel) I ave 2 Airtel Sims placed in 2 different phones using one for normal calls while d oda for subscriptions back then Wen Airtel was giving free data and call credit once u recharge so the I recharged with 1k airtime Hoping I will use it for subscriptions after which Airtel gave me 350mb I decided to run d free mb b4 doing my normal sub d next day when I waked trying to subscribe I found out airtel has deducted like #100 4rm my 1k I checked all my transaction I found out they activated 2 services 4 me without my knowledge I called their care agent which didn't even yield any tangible result on a 2nd note I reasoned within me make I borrow airtime which I was eligible, I borrowed 5h 4rm Airtel making up my 1k for sub and d rest for calls till 2day I never use dat SIM again
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by efembaba(m): 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
ryfoz:

grin grin student club

Send STOP to 2442
But airtel network is wack now. Or is it my area? The network is so damn slow
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

The problem is that they will still get me into another thing and charge me for it before i even know whats going on

No they won't....try it and see
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
efembaba:

I think it's your area. These networks are usually faster/slower in different locations. I am based in Lagos, Ikorodu (Central).

It is barely fast in my office area but at home it's fast enough to get job done. The speed of it during my night plan is the real koko (I got upto 1.5MB/per sec last night. The range is usually 1MB - 1.5MB per sec)

You may need to test other networks to see which one works well for you and the cost consideration

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
ryfoz:

No they won't....try it and see
Done
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by datblakboi: 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
[quote author=FoolishBoy419 post=68395687]I am really angry right now. Yesterday was the 3rd time airtel activated some services on my line and charged for it. Each time i call to complain to the customer care line the usual response is to cancel the unwanted service without at least apologizing for the umfair charges.

This same thing happened yesterday. i was innocently enjoying my night browsing when i recieved a text message congratulating me for subscribing to students club service... something that i dont know and dont care about. i have also been constantly recieving error message telling me that "BusinessInsider Weekly could not be activated due to insufficient balance" as if i asked for it. If i need any business tips there are thousands of blogs and books and i can read with my data. And when i called the useless attendant was telling me that there is nothing like that. Meaning that i have become a liar for complaining about being unfairly charged.

I even went further to complain to them on facebook but still no response. They are simply telling me to go to hell.
mynd44
lalasticlala
seu

Same thing happened to me sometime ago, called the customer care guys and I realized I had activated a service on my line. I advise you contact them and tell them to deactivate the service
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by datblakboi: 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
FoolishBoy419:
My people i believe we are all aware of the situation our economy is in and these people are so comfortably making it harder for us (illegally). If there is any senior staff that wants to investigate the matter, this is the affected line:

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by datblakboi: 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
FoolishBoy419:
By the way which network do you recommend that i switch to?

Airtel Still remains the best compared to others o!
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
datblakboi:

Airtel Still remains the best compared to others o!
I had the same belief but they proved me wrong!
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by datblakboi: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Just ensure you are not mistakenly subscribing for some services, it has happened to me before and I resolve.
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
alex81:
cheapest really? Pls give a breakdown of dr data plans.

At least mtn doesn't deduct our airtime unnecessarily.

Selected SIMs like mine has 100% data bonus for specific plans, I have the one of 200 naira to 3k

They also have 1.5GB regular data + 3GB YouTube pack (12am - 5am)

Their normal 1k is 1k for 1 5GB

Though glo 1k is capped 2GB (for auto-renewed plans ONLY), 9mobile is capped 1k for 1GB

MTN is capped at 1GB + 500MB (1am - 7am) for 1k

Airtel still has some double recharge packages that can be used to call, text and browse which are pretty cool if you calculate it well (Voice + Data)

Airtel trybe still has trybe N500 for 1GB weekly as well as the Almighty N25/500MB which is still available to all old and new existing customers that are on the smart trybe 2.0

PS: I am not an airtel ambassador o, their line just favouring me at the moment and I am just sharing the experience.

I may switch soon when I get a 4G device
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Done
Nice cheesy
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
efembaba:

Test glo in your area and let's see how it performs...it's the only economical alternative I can think of.

But of course, data resellers are still in business o cheesy , they may have cheaper deals for 9mobile and MTN

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by paulalasiri: 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
This is not true

FoolishBoy419:
I am really angry right now. Yesterday was the 3rd time airtel activated some services on my line and charged for it. Each time i call to complain to the customer care line the usual response is to cancel the unwanted service without at least apologizing for the umfair charges.

mynd44
lalasticlala
seun
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Lukenzo: 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
Airtel is far better than some other networks. I experienced similar thing on MTN and Glo Mobile too. The best telecom experience have had is on Airtel Network.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celtel GPRS In Other States / Xiaomi Thread Deleted / How To Increase The Volume And Quality Of Your Android Phone Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.