Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,411 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:37 AM

2019: Donald Duke Speaks On Obasanjo’s Backing, Says Zoning Undemocratic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Donald Duke Speaks On Obasanjo’s Backing, Says Zoning Undemocratic (586 Views)

In 2013, NEF Clamoured For Power Shift To North But Today Says Zoning Is ‘Dead’ / PDP, Governors Tackle Buhari Over Attack On Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yar’Adua / Man In Court For Trespassing On Obasanjo’s Land In Ota, Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Donald Duke Speaks On Obasanjo’s Backing, Says Zoning Undemocratic by 15Ebisco: 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
A presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Donald Duke, has said he has no backing of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Duke, a former governor of Cross River, had during the week, declared his intention to run in the 2019 presidential election.

He spoke with newsmen in Lagos on Tuesday, saying that though he remained close to Obasanjo, his decision to run was personal.

He said, “I am not hypocritical. I am close the former president but he is neither my sponsor nor backup. However, those who come up with this propaganda also go to get the ex-president’s endorsement.

“I will not keep people aside because of what others think. I need everybody’s support but I am running as Duke and nobody’s stogie.

“I will be putting myself up to run. How it pans out is not what I can say,’’ he said.

On the zoning system operated by the PDP, the former governor said that it would not deter him from running as it remained his constitutional rights.

“Let the people decide. Zoning is undemocratic. I am running as a Nigerian. Zoning has never brought out the best in us. It brings compromise,’’ he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/2019-donald-duke-speaks-on-obasanjos.html

1 Like

Re: 2019: Donald Duke Speaks On Obasanjo’s Backing, Says Zoning Undemocratic by obi4eze(m): 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
angry
Re: 2019: Donald Duke Speaks On Obasanjo’s Backing, Says Zoning Undemocratic by lilfreezy: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
Mumu, without zoning, a minority tribe like yours wouldn't smell the presidency
Re: 2019: Donald Duke Speaks On Obasanjo’s Backing, Says Zoning Undemocratic by ProjectNaija(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2018
lilfreezy:
Mumu, without zoning, a minority tribe like yours wouldn't smell the presidency

Such myopic thinking shocked
Re: 2019: Donald Duke Speaks On Obasanjo’s Backing, Says Zoning Undemocratic by chuksjuve(m): 6:54am On Jun 13, 2018
This table you want to shake will end up consuming you.

Nigeria is not yet ripe for the kind of political battle you want to fight ..

The north by statistics still dominate the political landscape and still call the shots on who becomes the president, reason why a lot of political party have quickly align it's slots to the zoning formulae not, though zoning has never really helped the country but at half bread is better than chinchin..

If you wish to fight that status squo, I wish you the best !

Perhaps you will become the MKO of tut south south..

Check my signature and let's do gardening business...
Re: 2019: Donald Duke Speaks On Obasanjo’s Backing, Says Zoning Undemocratic by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:59am On Jun 13, 2018
keep quite Mr. duke. .zoning is what has kept this country andnits democracy going or do you think the south would have rule if the north have not agree to zoning? please dont was your time. .the north will and must complete its 8 year term and by 2023 it will roll down to the south. . .
Re: 2019: Donald Duke Speaks On Obasanjo’s Backing, Says Zoning Undemocratic by ubongokon(m): 7:06am On Jun 13, 2018
Wisdom is profitable, how can don duke undermind zoning?

Den minority group should forget about tasting power,

But for 2019 election, any one contesting against Buhari is wasting his time and money

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Law School Approves Use Of Hijab, Invites Amasa Firdaus For Call To Ba / Oshiomhole Emerges APC Chairman, Baraje, Melaye Warn Of Looming Crisis / Now That Agbaso Has Lost In Court We Shall Expose Zenith Bank Rochas And Amuchie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.