Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,778 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy (34593 Views)

"Calamity Will Befall Tinubu-shettima Candidature Like Abiola-kingibe" - Caucus / Senate’s Resolution On Edo Assembly Unconstitutional, Flagrant Disregard For Pr / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2018
kyjuan99:

He meant sworn in
U have to be SWORN IN to officially become president

Oga.... Please go and read that statement again...and stop playing mind reader...are u one of the fictitous characters of the X-men
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by SalamRushdie: 9:54am On Jun 13, 2018
farem:

I am amused when certain political or legal terms are thrown up to support parochial mind.
Which one is important and should be supported : millions of Nigerians deciding to vote a person in as chairman, governor or president and certain clique who have the power of the barrel decide to slap their face by saying NO to their decision or millions saying NO to certain political characters by refusing to vote for them and some powerful elites decide they must rule you and thereby "swear them in".
Which one should be legitimate !
On who rests the real power: millions of Nigerians or the powerful elites who may decide to swear in Abubakar Shekau tomorrow even if he's not voted for?

Shekau will be preferred to you as your president just because he has been "sworn in", right?

I am sorry the law is very clear in this regard ...there is a reason why a person must take the presidential oath before being regarded as president, that oath is a sacrosanct part of being president in the first place.or do you think the word capture in the oath are there for play? Are you aware that president elect might get to his inauguration and not be okay with the oath and back down from being sworn in because of part of the oath he is not cool with? Are you also aware that if a president elect dies before his inauguration he is never regarded as president in any clime because he has not sworn to uphold the oath at that time ....do you know why the ceremony is called a swearing in at all? Please lets stop being sentimental and call a spade a spade ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by BabaO2: 9:56am On Jun 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:
We like fooling ourselves in this country jare...the mere fact you are assumed to have won a presidential election doesn't make you president ...the only time a person can be said to be a president is if they have been sworn in and both Abiola and Kingibe never even received a certificate of return talkless of being sworn in
If he had not won is a different thing, if armed robber broke into your home and took away your precious gold/car, and it was recovered few years, who is the owner of the gold/car, the armed robber or you?
The money is nothing to what MKO spent on the election. FYI IBB negotiated 6 Billion naira as at that time for Abiola +conditional release, but he refused.
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Chynx(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2018
Back1lane:

Killing yourselves over the issue will be ideal.

Some of those presidents are military dictators who imposed themselves on Nigerians but your deluded Bigoted Igbotic have no problem with their own entitlement but you chose to wail your Igbo unborn generation to their grave because a duly elected Abiola is accorded the same right.

Kanu needs to get you a rope.

So 'Salam' is now an Igbo name?

May the hatred you've got for the Igbo race continue to plague you and your unborn generation to a life of slavery, poverty and oppression...since you cannot bear to reckon with success.

Quote me or not; you're filthy and don't deserve any further response from me!

1 Like

Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by SalamRushdie: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2018
wildimagination:

Allow me to first come at u like this.....

The word"assume" u used suggest ur opinion is drawn from a biased angle. Or u are brobably one of those that have no joy not share sympathy with the events of 1993 in this country.
This man officially won the election. What exactly do u mean by "assume"??

As long as the INEC have not officially released the result and handed him the certificate of return any other thing is just an assumption...do you even know if the result was released then if Tofa would have challenged it at an electoral tribunal and maybe might have one there ...lets stop being sentimental MKO still had quite some steps to go before we can confidently say he won the elections..dont let Buharis attempt to sway quick votes mislead you man ....

1 Like

Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by farem: 10:02am On Jun 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I am sorry the law is very clear in this regard ...there is a reason why a person must take the presidential oath before being regarded as president, that oath is a sacrosanct part of being president in the first place.or do you think the word capture in the oath are there for play? Are you aware that president elect might get to his inauguration and not be okay with the oath and back down from being sworn in because of part of the oath he is not cool with? Are you also aware that if a president elect dies before his inauguration he is never regarded as president in any clime because he has not sworn to uphold the oath at that time ....do you know why the ceremony is called a swearing in at all? Please lets stop being sentimental and call a spade a spade ..

You need to read me with a clear mind. I have never opposed your stance. However I said, based on your legalism, who you have been happy seeing, for example, Shekau who was not voted for sworn in as president just because he is sworn in?

1 Like

Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 13, 2018
philGeo:
A.P.C have created more problems to Nigeria, i want somebody to relate this Abiola issue to Kogi during 2015 when prince Audu die, they have not sown or declare Abiola winner because the election is still inclusive like kogi but you are award or declare him and his vice winner but you take Falake right and give Bello.

useless people abi? nigeria needs to be deleted from the map
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by 9gerian: 10:04am On Jun 13, 2018
Thank you!

However, seeing that the Buhari govt is making attempt to be more conciliatory perhaps because of the 2019 elections, we as a people must cease the opportunity to set Nigeria on the right track by insisting on true federalism (restructuring if you like) that would give more powers to the states or regions.

Trust me, 2019 will take care of itself but we as a people must assert those needs that are crucial for nation building.

It is not unusual that people in power start projects for parochial reasons, and thereafter events overtake the plans. Soon they realize that what they started for personal gains can be a win-win for all stakeholders, hence they relinquish their personal interest for a greater good.

The time is now for every region to be progressive in their stance and seek a better Nigeria.

I'm happy the Leaders that spoke at the honors investiture on June 12 are already towing the line of my exact permutations by calling for good governenace and true federalism.

Our methods may differ but our goals should be one and the same- justice and progress!

chuksjuve:
Buhari is a great genius:
Dude knew the implications of this award, the legality and the complications therein, before launching out .
True to it, while we keep debating over this, we are some what distracted over his incompetence while arguing back and forth!

Like a hurrucane, 2019 elections will come and before we could recover from our distraction, he will be sworn in for the second time.

Southerns wake-up, this is a deliberate attempt by buhari to divide and further distract us..

Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by skales67(m): 10:11am On Jun 13, 2018
Funnicator:
abiola was never sworn in. so this is impracticable. sw just got a useless jamboree declaration.

in the list of ex presidents of nigeria, abiola'a name can never be there, nor awolowo.

obj is your due. go and retire with it.

Just watch how omoluabeasts will come here and bite you for this comment!
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by eniorisha(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2018
See Kingibe too, dt later pitched his tent with d military while his oga languished in prison. He worked under Abacha as minister of foreign affair. Does dt traitor deserve any recognitn as far as june 12 is concern? Abiola too, was undone by his double deals & his stubborness. He was busy playing patriotic God-sent angel to deliver Nigerians while he was somebody else behind d scene. History & report also has it dt Abacha reached out to him for amicable settlement. He offered to reinburse all Abiola's electoral expenses, but he rejected d offer & went to declare himself President and he sponsored various bloody protests in many parts of Nigeria against d military govt. Having aware of how powerful & influential late Abiola was globally & he'd definitely attract global sympathy & support from int'l community, late Abacha had to arrest & incarcerate him. The greatest favor PMB can do him is unravelling d mystery surrounding Abiola's death & bring d killers to book

1 Like

Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Wisekid0001(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2018
When you mention Senate money must be involved. Those Senators and money are inseparable. Why can't they just amend the duties of senator and their allowances.
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Dsholla: 10:17am On Jun 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:
We like fooling ourselves in this country jare...the mere fact you are assumed to have won a presidential election doesn't make you president ...the only time a person can be said to be a president is if they have been sworn in and both Abiola and Kingibe never even received a certificate of return talkless of being sworn in

Waa gbayi eleniyan! Can't agree less
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by sangresan(m): 10:28am On Jun 13, 2018
I'm surprised at the way some Nigerians reason....Who voted for IBB or Abacha?
Who sworn in any of those military rulers?
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:

As long as the INEC have not officially released the result and handed him the certificate of return any other thing is just an assumption...do you even know if the result was released then if Tofa would have challenged it at an electoral tribunal and maybe might have one there ...lets stop being sentimental MKO still had quite some steps to go before we can confidently say he won the elections..dont let Buharis attempt to sway quick votes mislead you man ....

Your notion is the reason Nigeria will never get anywhere.....

wateva buhari's reasons are is best known to him..... What I know is that Abiola was deprived of his right, and Nigeria was deprived of democracy in 1993...and the fact that this nation is making moves to acknowledging the injustice is a step towards greatness. it might be a small step because we can't make all the wrongs right in a day. But if all u see is 100% political stunt, then u are not part of the pple that wants this nation better.
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 13, 2018
wildimagination:

Oga.... Please go and read that statement again...and stop playing mind reader...are u one of the fictitous characters of the X-men
Mind reader grin
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Back1lane: 10:38am On Jun 13, 2018
Chynx:

So 'Salam' is now an Igbo name?

May the hatred you've got for the Igbo race continue to plague you and your unborn generation to a life of slavery, poverty and oppression...since you cannot bear to reckon with success.

Quote me or not; you're filthy and don't deserve any further response from me!

Dull head Igbo you won’t be the one telling me who is n not Igbo. I know a ochereoma nnanna from a million mile when I see one.

As for your curse your tribe own it n that is why you are still in the wilderness of the red mud enclave where the sun will never shine.

Beside why do you think your forefathers were screaming Biafra in millions to their graves ?

I tell you the truth boy, the are eternal slaves n so shall you remain till the end of time.
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Ategberoson(m): 10:46am On Jun 13, 2018
Funnicator:
abiola was never sworn in. so this is impracticable. sw just got a useless jamboree declaration.

in the list of ex presidents of nigeria, abiola'a name can never be there, nor awolowo.

obj is your due. go and retire with it.

Omo inna whether u like it or not. if PDP pick non southwesterners as their running mate, they we make APC look more stronger and southwest and north alignment would be more stronger. do you know what? the north will change their mind and rather stick with Yoruba, give them mantle in 2023 while you sophisticated morons would be cajole with Senate president

the better you face your Biafra cries, the better for you people
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by critic007(m): 10:49am On Jun 13, 2018
PervertProphet:
Tribal Sentiments apart as a Yoruba.

Let's tell ourselves the truth.

Is M.K.O Abiola really deserving of all these June 12 glorification thing we ascribed to him?

Let's not forget that this was a man who hobnobed with the corrupt Military Junta, a man even the great Fela called an International Thief Thief obviously from his corrupt enrichment while working with International Telegraph and Telephone(ITT), a man who sponsored several coups especially in bringing down Shagari's government plus his unbridled lust for females (Unconfirmed report says Abiola had nothing less than 25-30 different women in his life).

The Military (IBB and Late Muritala from whom he, Abiola got some of his corrupt government deals were very close friends of Abiola). They knew some secrets about Abiola that we knew not hence their opposition to him been President. Many of the Military guys then were opposed to him even one of our Yoruba Elder, Obasanjo. Abiola was no different from the average Nigerians Politician who handed out peanuts from the largesse he stole. A classic Robin Hood who now enjoys a democratic martyrdom status.
I wish sometimes he had become President so we could have gotten to see him for who he really was exactly like Buhari who came riding in on the supposed "Impeccable Intergrity Status. " but now we know better. We need to move forward as a people and be done with most of these corrupt perverted "elders" irrespective of tribe that have contributed in milking this country dry from it's inception. Let's seek young responsible and intelligent youths (Moghalu, Durotoye, etc) devoid of tribalistic orientation to chart this nation forward. Away with the same Analogue set of elder leaders.

The question is If he had become President, would he have presiding any different?
# Let's think about that.

God bless you for this insightful and well thought out analysis. It beats my imagination when Nigerians begin to take this whole Abiola episode emotionally, instead of critically examining the inept motive and reason for it.

We need to move on, just like you said. Enough of all these distractions.
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by lloyds(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2018
Waste of huge resources and priority. N5 m would have been OK.

Our leaders are a joke.
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by sabidey: 11:19am On Jun 13, 2018
OOLUSEG:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/senate-resolution-fg-may-pay-abiola-family-kingibe-over-n400m/
was it not the same senate that said "honoring a dead man GCFR is ilegal?'
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 11:20am On Jun 13, 2018
I don't knw for these guys again o. President receiving allowance for HARSHIP that he is suppose to help the citizens out. NAIJA WHICH WAY NA
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Are you saying the rule of law that is always suspended by military government should be taken into account or consideration in the case of Abiola? Despite many of the military head of state also receiving the said money today? Or aren't you aware that the military didn't necessarily follow due process during the annulment of his election results?

By the way, there's enough evidence that Abiola won the election. The head of the election commission as that time confirmed the election results in an open interview in 2008 or so.
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Charly68: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2018
thesicilian:

I always feel this tinge of pity for people who can neither write well in English nor in their own native language. It's just as if they're lost somewhere in between...
Your medullar is demented I think ..brilliant professor..
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by greggng: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2018
Is so shameful that our leaders only care for themselves . Just to retain the 2016 npower beneficiaries has now become an issue of debate by our leaders but it doesn't take them anything to increase their various allowances ..,,,funny enough they earn hardship allowance . One begin to wonder what type of hardship are they facing since everything is free for them? Injustice can never take this country far
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
PervertProphet:
Tribal Sentiments apart as a Yoruba.

Let's tell ourselves the truth.

Is M.K.O Abiola really deserving of all these June 12 glorification thing we ascribed to him?

Let's not forget that this was a man who hobnobed with the corrupt Military Junta, a man even the great Fela called an International Thief Thief obviously from his corrupt enrichment while working with International Telegraph and Telephone(ITT), a man who sponsored several coups especially in bringing down Shagari's government plus his unbridled lust for females (Unconfirmed report says Abiola had nothing less than 25-30 different women in his life).

The Military (IBB and Late Muritala from whom he, Abiola got some of his corrupt government deals were very close friends of Abiola). They knew some secrets about Abiola that we knew not hence their opposition to him been President. Many of the Military guys then were opposed to him even one of our Yoruba Elder, Obasanjo. Abiola was no different from the average Nigerians Politician who handed out peanuts from the largesse he stole. A classic Robin Hood who now enjoys a democratic martyrdom status.
I wish sometimes he had become President so we could have gotten to see him for who he really was exactly like Buhari who came riding in on the supposed "Impeccable Intergrity Status. " but now we know better. We need to move forward as a people and be done with most of these corrupt perverted "elders" irrespective of tribe that have contributed in milking this country dry from it's inception. Let's seek young responsible and intelligent youths (Moghalu, Durotoye, etc) devoid of tribalistic orientation to chart this nation forward. Away with the same Analogue set of elder leaders.

The question is If he had become President, would he have presiding any different?
# Let's think about that.
Please stop spreading lies,

Abiola wouldn't have won the elections at that time if any of the false information people like you have been spreading ever since the inception of these awards are anything to go by.

Or do you think you are clever than the people who elected him the president of Nigeria and those who fought for his mandate, some of whom are prominent people in the society.

First of all, Abiola had alot of personal issues with Fela. He had a record company that had some personal disagreements with Fela.

Chief MKO Abiola was an internationally renowned philanthropist who supported many people and organizations across the globe during in his days.

He offered anyone that had any encounter with him genuine financial help.

It was the reason 58% of Nigerians gave him their mandate.

It was also the reason why many people were willing to fight for his mandate after he was denied.

It was the reason he gathered so much support from the international community.

if you are truly a genuine Yoruba sonand you understand the meaning of his name (Kasimawo), then you should know how his parents struggled to have a child, you will also understand his obsession with my many wives and children

Obansanjo is not a truthful person from day one. He made a deal to destroy the legacy of June 12 to get northern support for the presidency ahead of olufalaye in 1999. This is the reason Buhari brought back the legacy to spite him.

Although, Buhari himself is no saint
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by luckyogor(m): 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2018
This nation is a comedy i swear,what shabadarab am i reading here,lord have mercy.
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by IME1: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
The Kogi governor who won and died before being sworn into office is not entitled to any thing as a result of his victory.
His own case is peculiar though because he had been governor before
BUT WITH MKO Abiola, I don't think it is proper to pay him salaries or call him ex president.
Let's put sentiments asides
Fforest the sake of his family
Let money not scatter them
Re: Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
IME1:
The Kogi governor who won and died before being sworn into office is not entitled to any thing as a result of his victory.
His own case is peculiar though because he had been governor before
BUT WITH MKO Abiola, I don't think it is proper to pay him salaries or call him ex president.
Let's put sentiments asides
Fforest the sake of his family
Let money not scatter them
Correction

The kogi results were actually announced.

As the time of his death he wasn't yet the winner, but was leading in the elections

Finally, he was replaced by his party for the runoff elections. Therefore, someone else was given his mandate.

On the other hand, Abiola was denied his mandate and jailed for demanding the results of the election

As for evidence, the then election commission president openly confessed in an interview in 2008 or something that Abiola had won the elections.

Note that he Abiola had already won the elections while he was still alive and his mandate wasn't given to anyone else, but he was jailed.

Thus, this is more of a compensation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From PDP Rally For Kwara By-election / Kaduna Government Gives Conditions For El-Zakzaky To Travel / Simon Ekpa Declares 16th, 17th & 18th Of May 2022 Sit-At-Home In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.