Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 - Sports (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 (226434 Views)

Iceland Vs Croatia: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 / Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Swanzi(m): 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
naijainstinct:
e-diot. It will remain history that our team was represented in the world cup 2018 with three goals to show for it. Wherever you crawled out from, I'm sure your national team and FA would have wished to qualify and earn some extra cash from jersey sales, endorsement deals and media exposure. Not to talk of match bonuses and allowances that will accrue to the team.

I understand that misery needs company but you've got the wrong team. Try Congo grin

And Issa gooooaaaaaal.... grin

Cry me river.

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by naijainstinct: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
kadree:
Truth be told.

The ref would have robbed Argentina if he had pointed to the penalty spot.

That was a clear BALL TO HAND hence no penalty. * Hand remained same position after he headed the ball.*

Had he moved the hand to altar the direction of the ball, then we would have had a legitimate claim against the referee.

I'm very sure majority of us never expected the penalty awarded that birthed our first goal but the referee was quick to point to the spot even without the aid of VAR.

We sometimes suppress facts with emotion.

We had more chances compare to theirs but our conversion rate was zero.

Argentina had their two goals from open play. This describes a team who savors chances when presented.

NFF should for once pretend to be sensible.
Road to Qatar starts tonight.
unbiased and fair analysis. And what you said lastly moved me. Road to Qatar starts tonight. I wish we would heed.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Gucciboss: 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2018
Lol.. I'm laughing hard. 67 - 33 ball possession, yet lost the game. Even Saudi can do better.

Thank God I didn't watch the match.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by ajl: 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
prinsam30:
genot roh, idowu and balogun shouldn't be in the team right from time.....

that coach is so stubborn to listen to advise, how can u play 3man defense against Argentina, benching iwobi, simi, ebohi and ogu....

idowu and balogun were totally useless especially that good for nothing fooool idowu causing unnecessary fouls and coners, that coach needs to be sacked simple

No Mr Man. Balogun did n excellent job. It was only Idowu that messed up. But can you blame him. The guy only play in a low level team in the Russian league. The match was too big for him. He was never composed. Both Argentina goals started from his side. The coach was the main problem.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2018
As far as I'm concerned, let local players be infused into the Super Eagles.

Immediately Argentina scored the 2nd goal, I just calmed myself down as I was a bit tensed. I told myself: THIS IS THE END; WE'RE COMING HOME!

I'm pained that we allowed Messi to score. Iceland and Croatia denied him the opportunity and we just allowed him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Horlaslim(m): 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2018
Where the hell is that cat �... ��� Achilles it what’s it call

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by chucs: 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
All these talk about local players been infused into the team is total bullshit. No big country invites players who play in lower divisions to come play for the national teams,they pick the best. The problem we had and have continued to have is that of getting capable hands to coach our team. Rohr have displayed highest level of naivity from preparatory matches to the actual tournament. He doesn't know the players to select to execute matches. Each team needs diff approach. And then his substitutions,come on!! No way Iwobi would have stayed on the bench for that long.he would have made an impact but then we lost,time to go backvto the drawing board and prepare for another world cup with Argentina in thesame group.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by ajl: 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2018
Statistics show Ighalo struggles in the Chinese league. He only score in 3 matches out of 11 last matches he played in the Chinese League. Compare his style of play to Iheanacho. Iheanacho will always be threat on field compared to Ighalo. Note that Ighalo 7 goals in 11 matches also include one match where he scored 4 goals. He is a flop. Compare his play area on the field to Iheanacho play area who could go deep in the midfield to connect with midfielders. Remember Nigeria first goal against Iceland where kelechi collected the ball in the midfield and the made a pass to Moses who then crossed it to Musa. Coach Rohr is a flop likewise. He doe snot think Nigeria deserve the best players, local or foreign.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Apple22: 12:00am On Jun 27, 2018
Where is Amos Joshua and Shaibu Samuel, to pay me my 150k Cox I place a bet in favour of Argentina, he bet in favour of Nigeria.... Now they refuse to pay
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 27, 2018
Sanchez01:
Dear Lord, all we need to see is this face like this after the match cool

Oya show me the face God gave after the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by 3RNEST(m): 12:07am On Jun 27, 2018
So we lost the game just like that.. undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 27, 2018
Bodylover:
Let them watch that Messi, That Guy na devil shocked

I've known this since he scored that goal against Iran In 2014
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 27, 2018
kaluxy007:

Oya show me the face God gave after the match
Do you want to die? No man can see the face of God, Moses, Abraham etc all couldnt

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 27, 2018
EliteBiz:
Do you want to die? No man can see the face of God, Moses, Abraham etc all couldnt
Ogbeni i mean is it a face of happy or sad Messi undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 27, 2018
killuminati:
messi is gown down today..
bookmark my words..
helloooo
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Cletus77(m): 12:36am On Jun 27, 2018
Cowbuhari:

i pray your prayer works on me AMEN...i know am the cause of Nigeria's problem
kindly grant me residency in Ecuador mr solution
Ecuador
Go to sleep pls
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by omar22(m): 12:41am On Jun 27, 2018
We were not good enough simple..

Picking Iheneacho and Ighalo showed that we lacked ambition. One was too slow and weak, the other was too thick and too slow to move and lacked finishing. Poor marking and ball watching cost us the game. Nigeria should have looked for players that have played for other countries at the U17 and U21 with Nigerian origin.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Biggybambam2: 12:42am On Jun 27, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Ighalo should have scored that goal...... Super eagles try...

Victor Osimen is better
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by elegantslayer(f): 12:51am On Jun 27, 2018
Sahaboi:

you are saying shit..
Its you that is saying shit,poorest excuse for a man
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by waladis(m): 1:20am On Jun 27, 2018
Seriously, I really felt so sorry for Iceland. They are really worthy of qualifying for the 2nd round.
Unfortunately, this worthless Super Eagles just killed those guys dream with their lucky win against them and also ruined every chances they had to win the match or at least hold on to the 1-1 draw against crappy and overrated Argentina team. The most annoying thing is that Argentina is as good as out of the tournament. Much is not expected of the super eagles except to just maintain the draw till the end of the match. The only two countries that deserve to qualify for the 2nd round in our group are the Croatian and the Icelanders. Nigeria and Argentina are just rubbish. Especially Nigeria opening unnecessary door of opportunity and undeserved qualification in to the 2nd round for the Argentines.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by xbigwigx(m): 1:20am On Jun 27, 2018
How this Rojo guy gave ARG winner in 2014 and 2018.... oh my heart is broken
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by TheCongo2: 1:27am On Jun 27, 2018
theoldpretender:

No, the problem is that our football structures are in a mess...

Belgium is just as divided as we are...infact they even have separatist parties in the government over there (Imagine IPOB as part of the government in Nigeria as a legal party). But they have a strong football association who by changing the way they trained their youth players, and their coaches took Belgium from being useless in 2002...to strong team today.

In Nigeria, we don't train our youth well, we have a bad league system, no Nigerian clubside has won a continetnal trophy in years, and we don't even have intelighent coaches. Our National team exists to paper the cracks. So long as we had players like Kanu, Yekini, Okocha, Babangida, etc....it was all good. Now, we don't have players of that caliber. We don't have a strong striker anymore.

THANK GOD we lost...because France would have used us for chicken feed....

Also you , Nigerians, don't give a damn about your local leagues nor its players nor its teams. Instead you are all hooked on the English league and foreigner based players.
That is very unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Princedapace(m): 1:38am On Jun 27, 2018
ajl:

Are you this shallow. What does the World Cup have to do with the Jos incident. Let the government deal with that.

This has nothing to do with with being shallow...

I can bet u bro, if this high number of persons were killed in the USA and the USA national team were to play a match few days later at the world cup, I am sure, a sign or two, to show respect and call for international awareness, would have been observed.

I repeat, many in Nigeria are really out dated. We dont know how to handle issues. Few people died in France few months ago, almost everyone started, their yeye identification with the victims in France. People even had a dedicated DP on facebook for that. I mean, our leaders and the masses.

Now, more people died in Nigeria, and almost everyone is acting like nothing happened. As we speak, a christain girl is missing with Boko haram. It is becus of people like u that our govt dey use us play.

Like I always say, no matter how rich u are, except u leave this country, the uselessness of this country may catch up with u. It is when u are raped, killed, attacked, ur stuff stolen, etc, that u go understand that the country is messed up and we need to speak. I used to think having money and living a comfortable life is all I need here, until I was robbed recently.

Na when one day, u wake up, hear sey, war don break out, ur eyes go clear. we play too much in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Tunks2017(m): 1:49am On Jun 27, 2018
Teaser4:
I hate him naturally since the last world cup final with Germany. he missed two chances today. we were so lucky rojo was there to tapin the ball... all the Nigerian fanboys won't let us rest...

Are you a Nigerian by birth at all?
You are behaving like someone from Antarctica!!!

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:55am On Jun 27, 2018
webizone:
We win naija
We win naija
The naija spirit
Naija all the way.....

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Topshow4real: 1:57am On Jun 27, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Na to smoke garri throughout this week o. You just dash alabi 5k cheesy

I'm really sick now, cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Billygee2u: 2:10am On Jun 27, 2018
EweduAfonja:
Thunder Don fire naija.

U can't be killing christains and expect to win a match...

Platue blood
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Timtol(m): 2:45am On Jun 27, 2018
bixton:
The super eagles have such problems qualifying during the group stage,
Draw or loss first match
Win second match
Draw or loss third match
Win last group stage match on goal aggregate.

So make we no dey do like say we don forget
God have mercy oo.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Jennifer89(f): 3:37am On Jun 27, 2018
Sanchase:
I am giving N10K each to ten persons for today's game

#Win
Give me my 10k I won cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by jagorinho: 3:51am On Jun 27, 2018
hope4life:

You just spoke my mind.The white people used the referees to favour them.They've told us that Africans should not come for world cup again hence no African centre referee.
There is no favour anywhere, africans generally are not technical in football, why dont you people complain when we usually win most u17 world cups? i told a friend that i do not see us drawing this match talkless of winning, because the whole script will play over itself again. Talent alone is not enough in football, you need hunger, determination and sacrifice when due, unfortunately the nigerian team lacks all, we only play well during the second half of our game vs iceland, all the rest we played nonsense. The team reeks of mediocrity, my only pain is just that " when are we beating argentina in the world cup? it is becoming a national embarassment for christ sake, africa slot should be reduced to 3 and i fear that this world cup would be one of the worst for africa in recent time, because i do not see that senegalese team getting the desired result against colombia, they were really exposed against japan. messi has faced us five times in world football, once in u20 fifa world cup final, olympic football final, and 3 fifa world cups and guess what, he came victorious in all. When you cant distinguish between respect and fear, you pay for it the hard way, like Nigeria always pay for it in messi's hand.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by TheCongo2: 4:29am On Jun 27, 2018
jagorinho:

There is no favour anywhere, africans generally are not technical in football, why dont you people complain when we usually win most u17 world cups? i told a friend that i do not see us drawing this match talkless of winning, because the whole script will play over itself again. Talent alone is not enough in football, you need hunger, determination and sacrifice when due, unfortunately the nigerian team lacks all, we only play well during the second half of our game vs iceland, all the rest we played nonsense. The team reeks of mediocrity, my only pain is just that " when are we beating argentina in the world cup? it is becoming a national embarassment for christ sake, africa slot should be reduced to 3 and i fear that this world cup would be one of the worst for africa in recent time, because i do not see that senegalese team getting the desired result against colombia, they were really exposed against japan. messi has faced us five times in world football, once in u20 fifa world cup final, olympic football final, and 3 fifa world cups and guess what, he came victorious in all. When you cant distinguish between respect and fear, you pay for it the hard way, like Nigeria always pay for it in messi's hand.

The bolded is an indication that you already formed an opinion way before the game. And even if Nigeria loose the game due to the referee mistake, that lost will be justifiable to proved your point
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by moonraker(m): 4:39am On Jun 27, 2018
It is the fault of the team that we failed to qualify for the next round. Lets just say it as it is.... angry angry angry

Granted, Rojo handball was a clear penalty. if you watch the replay over and over again, you will see that the ball

touched his hand first ( forget unatural position). Rojo is a confirmed crook.

Over to Ighalo, He is a He-goat. If Musa had that kind of chance, he would have buried it and i the very least, we would have drawn that match.

I am very disappointed

The team has one job, ONE FUCKING JOB angry angry angry angry and they bleeped it all up... Yet they would be the ones screaming when

bonuses arent paid. What is the excuse now??

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (133) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) / Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.