Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,302 members, 7,957,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:35 PM

June 12 Brouhaha: Nigerians Forget This Isn't About Abiola But Buhari Vs IBB. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Brouhaha: Nigerians Forget This Isn't About Abiola But Buhari Vs IBB. (537 Views)

Lagos Traffic Jams Disappear But This Isn't Good News For Nigeria - BBC / Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives / Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

June 12 Brouhaha: Nigerians Forget This Isn't About Abiola But Buhari Vs IBB. by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:00am On Jun 13, 2018
While the declaration of June 12 as a democracy day and the conferment of the highest national honor on Abiola seem commendable, the real motive behind this "Greek gift" is about personal vendetta with President Buhari seeking revenge at all cost at the detriment of public sympathy.

THE DASUKI TREATMENT IN 1985:

Colonel Sambo Dasuki was one of the three officers that arrested General Buhari during the 1985 coup staged by General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and they took him (Buhari) into detention.

30 YEARS LATER:

Former National Security Adviser (NSA), to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Colonel Sambo Dasuki, is still in detention since 2015, he was detained by President Buhari on charges of corruption, President Buhari refuse to follow due process and disregard court orders to release Dasuki from detention.

Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, national chairman, Northern Elders Council (NEC) and elder statesman, has warned former President Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and all those that participated in the 1985 coup de tat that overthrew General Muhammadu Buhari to prepare for the worst.

Alhaji Yakassai who spoke in an interview with National Daily in Kaduna, categorically warned that the invasion, arrest, detention and ransacking of the residence of the former National Security Adviser (NSA), to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Colonel Sambo Dasuki, is a clear pointer that Buhari is up to something terrible for those who overthrew him 30 years ago.

“I don’t know Buhari very closely but those who are close to him told me that he doesn’t forget easily neither does he forgive easily. So, with these two submissions in mind, I believe that Dasuki and his likes will not be too surprise on any move by Buhari,” Yakassai stated.

He added that “Again, as National Security Adviser to former President Jonathan, he was the most important personality in the scheme of things, especially, when all security matters must pass through his office before getting to the President. So, his detention was not a surprise because I know sooner than later, he will be targeted.”

Yakassai further observed: “I don’t know whether you are aware that he(Dasuki) was one of the three officers that arrested General Buhari during the 1985 coup staged by General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and they took him (Buhari) into detention. From the way things are going now, even if Buhari says he is not on revenge mission, I will not believe him. He may not really be focusing on former President Goodluck Jonathan’s aides because he was not the one that overthrew him in 1985. Of course, those who served under Jonathan must also be ready for any consequence. But most importantly are those who overthrew him in that coup must be prepared to face Buhari because I will not be surprised if he eventually turns his focus on them and I think Dasuki’s detention is a bad signal to them. I don’t want to mention names but they know themselves and they must be prepared to face the worst.”

The elder statesman also said that Buhari should have impacted positively on the lives of Nigerians before embarking on the revenge mission of going after those who overthrew him during the military era.

Officials of the Department of Security Services (DSS), last week, swooped on the residence of the former NSA and ransacked his three homes, two in Abuja and one Sokoto while placing him under house arrest.

http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/buhari-on-revenge-mission-over-1985-coup-that-ousted-him-yakassai/

THE IBB TREATMENT IN 1985:

The 1985 coup was staged by General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and they took him (Buhari) into detention.

NOW IN 2018:

President Buhari declared June 12 as democracy day and conferred the highest national honor on MKO Abiola, this was an election annulled by the regime of his long term enemy who ousted him from power in the 1985 coup and sent him to detention, former military President Ibrahim Babangida. More like Buhari getting back at IBB but this time cleverly.

Why is nobody talking about this and have you noticed the silence in the IBB camp?

The APC government are taking the credits but the real motive behind this brouhaha is the silent war between two enemies who seek to destroy each other...it is cristal clear that Buhari is on a revenge mission and doesn't mind dangling a carrot to achieve his aim.

Cc seun lalasticlala mynd44 dominique ishilove

Re: June 12 Brouhaha: Nigerians Forget This Isn't About Abiola But Buhari Vs IBB. by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:03am On Jun 13, 2018
Most Nigerians don't know we have been played...the game stated decades ago.

Re: June 12 Brouhaha: Nigerians Forget This Isn't About Abiola But Buhari Vs IBB. by Paperwhite(m): 11:03am On Jun 13, 2018
In so much that the June-12 issue remains a move by Buhari in his no love relation with OBJ,IBB,TY Danjuma etc,it's can be denied that this is a political masterstroke by the former.
However my end submission is as said by Sen.Shehu Sanni;
“The greatest honour the government can do to the spirit of June 12 is to habitually respect the rights of Nigerians to differ and to dissent without persecution, obey court orders and prosecute the war against corruption without discrimination."
Re: June 12 Brouhaha: Nigerians Forget This Isn't About Abiola But Buhari Vs IBB. by tunjiajayi: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2018
SMH.
mediocrity at its peak.
Why are you so sentimental so as to shut down your reasoning faculty because of the primal emotion of hate transmuted to tribal and religious bigotry.

You don't like Buhari, fine. But don't get things warped while at hating him.

Sorry for you o
Re: June 12 Brouhaha: Nigerians Forget This Isn't About Abiola But Buhari Vs IBB. by debaj10: 11:33am On Jun 13, 2018
tunjiajayi:
SMH.
mediocrity at its peak.
Why are you so sentimental so as to shut down your reasoning faculty because of the primal emotion of hate transmuted to tribal and religious bigotry.

You don't like Buhari, fine. But don't get things warped while at hating him.

Sorry for you o
guy, u sef- u dey bubu mind?
all dem dey do dia own.
if u bliv say dem send dis con3, Sori r u.
Re: June 12 Brouhaha: Nigerians Forget This Isn't About Abiola But Buhari Vs IBB. by updatechange(m): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
angry sad

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: Dictator, Religious Sentiment, Nepotism... / Conferment Of GCFR On MKO Abiola Is Not Buhari's Ideology / Okowa's Developmental Strides Below Are Evident In Udu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.