Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,498 members, 7,954,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Is It A Crime By Law To Fight? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is It A Crime By Law To Fight? (664 Views)

Why I Stabbed My Mother-in-law To Death — Suspect / Woman In Court For Beating Mother-in-law To Coma / Wife Of Kidnapper And Sister In-law To Notorious Gang Leader Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime By Law To Fight? by SaintOpzy(m): 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2018
This issue has been bothering me for quite sometime now. Is it a crime by law to fight...like normal argument fights.?
I ask this because of an incident that happened in my area just yesterday at the front of a bet9ja shop.Two guys were arguing about football ish sha and the thing got heated. Nxt we knew, they started exchanging blows and slaps. They had been arguing for quite the while so we decided to let it play out. As expected, the more macho guy got the upper hand and beat the other mercilessly... The other guy was just threatening and shouting as, obviously,he had been badly beaten.

On waking this morning, we discovered that yesterday, at night, the badly beaten guy came with police men and they arrested the other guy on the basis that he was assaulted and till now he is still in their cell in Ibafo.

Now I'm confused as it was a fair and free guy to guy fight and it only happened that the stronger guy won..

Can someone really lawfully be arrested for such ?
Re: Is It A Crime By Law To Fight? by orisa37: 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
Join WWE.
Re: Is It A Crime By Law To Fight? by Tallesty1(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
It is ok to fight poverty. It is ok to fight crimes, it is ok to fight principalities and powers but it is never ok to fight your fellow human being.
Re: Is It A Crime By Law To Fight? by SaintOpzy(m): 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
How do you mean?
So this guy comes about and starts insulting my babe and I don't bash him squarely in the face?...
Tallesty1:
It is ok to fight poverty. It is ok to fight crimes, it is ok to fight principalities and powers but it is never ok to fight your fellow human being.
Re: Is It A Crime By Law To Fight? by Tallesty1(m): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
SaintOpzy:
How do you mean?
So this guy comes about and starts insulting my babe and I don't bash him squarely in the face?...
hahahahaha. Dude, you're going to get beaten and your babe won't help you at all. She may even switch over to the other guy for being stronger.
Re: Is It A Crime By Law To Fight? by SaintOpzy(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
Tallesty1:
hahahahaha. Dude, you're going to get beaten and your babe won't help you at all. She may even switch over to the other guy for being stronger.

Hahaha...you should see my physique.
Although it's very unlikely, I fought because she was with me, at the time...not because of love or respect She leaves, she leaves.
Re: Is It A Crime By Law To Fight? by Tallesty1(m): 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
SaintOpzy:
Hahaha...you should see my physique.
Although it's very unlikely, I fought because she was with me, at the time...not because of love or respect She leaves, she leaves.
It is not about physique bro, it is about skills grin
I have fought bigger guys, the typa you will think one punch from them will kill me and kill my spirit(I'm that skinny) but the blow has to hit me first right? It is skill bro.

I'm not fighting anybody because of my woman, if a bully starts insulting her when she's with me, we will walk faster nah. We will walk away from him.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Neutralise Several Boko Haram Fighters Eid-el-fitr Celebration / Police Officer Shoots Himself Over Payment Of Compensation. Graphic Photos / Another Ritualist Hideout Uncovered In Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.