Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,736 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Wicked Receptionists - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wicked Receptionists (2983 Views)

What Can I Do? A Wicked Boss Just Added Insult To Injury / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wicked Receptionists by myro(m): 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2007
Well i think mypeace has had enough bashing dont ya.

@topic

I had a personal experience with a receptionist too. I am serving in Lagos so when we left camp, I was rejected from my initial place and was looking for a place to serve. So I went to Alcatel (and I hope someone here works there so they can address this particular issue). I go in and say good afternoon , i would like to speak to someone here about the policy on take corpers. He goes "we dont take corpers" I go "but I'd like to talk to someone else" and he does not relent. Finally, after seeing that I would not back down, he says the HR guy is not around and that I should leave my CV and he will get back to me. I did. Ofcourse, no one called me. A week later, I run into one of my friends who says he is serving guess where ALCATEL!!!!! With all the fury in the world, I return to the company and demand to speak to someone other than the bloody receptionist who turned out to be a freaking security guard after all. I finally saw someone and she tried to help but said I was too late cause they had taken all the corpers that they need. I was LIVID to say the least but there was nothing I could do.

Now I am somewhere else making almost 40k less than I would have been making at Alcatel but I like the place. The moral of the story is I agree with everyone but mypeace. IT is not your DAMN Job to ruin my f**king life so DONT.

Of course, someone also told me that the receptionist is part of the interview. I went to a place where the receptionist was difficult but with a little patience and charm I was able to get myself invited for a test so that is also possible but i think you should not have to toast the receptionist to get your CV on the right table.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by hauwabd(f): 4:08pm On Mar 26, 2007
MyPeace:

Eyaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy tongue tongue

i dont understand, Between Dabriggs and Stellose tel me hw diffrent you are from the poster. you dont correct a wrong with another wrong, your heaping insults on the poster doesnt make you any different from her especially you stellose, where do u come off calling her a prostitute's daughter or slut? That is way too inappropriate. haba! take a cue from the others and correct her without resulting to insults. is that how we hehave in PH  eh stellose? who looks like is lacking in a good back ground or home? i suggest you call no one a slut simply coz u watched it on a sleazy tv show and wanna experiment with the word, look it up very well in the dictionary b4 using it on peeps! ok?
Re: Wicked Receptionists by kachii(m): 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2007
well please let forgive my peace.
i guess she is young. well some receptionist could be terrible especially in companies where welfare package is low.
They transfer their grievances to the customer
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Carlosein(m): 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2007
And I say let there be piss, no peece, no piece

em I mean LET THERE BE PEACE!!!

yes that's what i mean.

Nairalanders please leave her be abeg una.

& peace say sorry now abi? u wan cry cry
Re: Wicked Receptionists by ultrafem(f): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2007
many front line employees in Naija are just badly trained or simply unprofessional period. They feel you owe them something or they are the gate way to your life or something. anyways it is down to the mentality of people here. I went to my dad's friends office and saw the way the receptionist treated others, she was very professional. I guess if they have an arsehole as their boss they too act accordingly . like they say employees reflect the company and the people on top.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by oliidell(m): 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2007
I demand dat she post an Apology letter to all landers.
Dat 1st reply is so uncouth. Each time i read it i get as angry as if it was directed at me.
Apologise peace, so dat ur name will reign.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Seun(m): 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2007
Just an apology? MyPeace, what do you say? All they want is a simple apology! wink
Re: Wicked Receptionists by MyPeace(f): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2007
You guys are funny grin grin

Ok, to allow peace reign

your yours sincerely HEREBY APOLOGISE.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by beau1(f): 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2007
lol smiley
Re: Wicked Receptionists by crazyp(f): 10:34am On Mar 28, 2007
@Stellose or whatever ur name is

what has her mother being a prostitute got to do with this post? shocked in the course of correcting her, u just insulted her mother,  for even attempting to bring her mum into this, u just showed us how stupid & ill-mannered u are, pls if u dont know what to say, just shut that gutter u call a mouth, wetin!!! angry e just b like say make i buy the case, u don disgrace all of us for ph, nonsense!!! infact u must apologise to all the ladies in da house. tongue

@Mypeace
i'm a secretary & i dont throw away CVs its not just right, ok? anywayz we've accepted ur apolology smiley
Re: Wicked Receptionists by pattiano(f): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2007
I hate when people judge without looking at both sides of a story i will like to refer you all back to what the sender of the topic wrote can you people see the way he attacked and used abusive words on the receptionist one would just wonder what on earth would warrant such abusive words and what if its one of us Nairalanders relative that is being abused. I am not saying Peace is right neither am i saying shade is wrong but the concluding part of the issue is that we should watch our tongue and language on this forum and stop behaving like touts under the bridge.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by meenacares(f): 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2007
my peace,
u really av to b careful coz it has happened to me b4,i mean those receptionists are just too rude.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by idumah: 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2007
never consider cv,s to be unsolicited.I got a friend that was invited for a test a year after he submitted his cv, and he told me he just walked in to the company to drop his cv. its only a good company that keep records
Re: Wicked Receptionists by BlackMamba(m): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2007
I always try to get the name of a rude receptionist or customer rep. and file a complaint with the company. Cumulative complaints often get them fired or repremanded, if they're not f*cking the boss.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by nikynike(f): 11:19am On Mar 30, 2007
But human beings are different. Some who grew up from responsible families doesn't look down on people no matter how big or small the person is. An exposed receptionist should be able to execute a proper frontline assistance to any body both existing customers,potential customers and visitors. If a Receptionist is not from a responsible home where manner of approach is taking as high rule, then no matter how educated he or she might be and how many workshop or seminars they might have attended, to execute the job of a frontline assistance will mess up his or her career.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2007
Madam Peace,I got a job buy going to the test venue on the day of the test. I met a rude receptionist who told me to leave that the test was strictly on invitation. When i said i would wait she ordered me to wait outside. The head of Human Resources told all of us to come in and write the test according to him there is nothing to loose.Most of us who were not even invited did better than the rest and got the job, The battle is not for the fastest or the swiftest, time and luck influence destiny.
The moral of all this english is that things are hard in Nigeria , no one wants to look "CHEAP" as u put it. Its just that the situation we are faced with has turned us this way.
When i start working i will be the boss of that Receptionist, if i want to treat her badly i could but she is not worth it.
It will cost nothing to be polite,and its not the job of the receptionist to screen candidates. Peace be more understanding and tolerant not to mention real even if Obasanjo is your father life can take you up and bring you down abuptly. people you looked down on can on may be the to lift you up tommorrow
Re: Wicked Receptionists by kenechi22(m): 11:16am On Apr 20, 2007
My peac life is all about experience.As for me u re not experienced ok.Almost everybody is against u.Re-think i dnt know why u girls re always like this not all babes sha but all this chewing gum babes.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by finemocha(f): 12:13am On Feb 25, 2008
she probably screwed someone to get that job anyway. i mean i was home this christmas and was soooo irritated at some of the receptionist i met, especially at oceanic bank. CHai i nearly chocked one useless chick there. But yeah a lot of them are bitches
Re: Wicked Receptionists by dexmond: 2:51pm On Feb 27, 2008
COLESLOVE

I'm with you, lets forgive her :

(1) (2) (Reply)

Career Opportunity In Aviation Industry. / Anybody Aware Of The Salary Structure Of Dangote Group. / Why You Should Pick A Career And Study In Harvard University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.