Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Was Jesus Dying Really A Sacrifice? Need Clarification - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Dying Really A Sacrifice? Need Clarification (375 Views)

God May Allow A Bad Thing To Happen Sometimes.(Jesus' Dying Was A Bad Thing... / Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. / When Was Jesus Truly Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Dying Really A Sacrifice? Need Clarification by Freh(m): 12:20am On Jun 14, 2018
Anytime I hear people say that Jesus Christ died for my sins and try to make it look like it was such a great sacrifice to him and God, I always wonder if God is a spirit was dying really a problem for him. He didn't loose anything by dying. He was a spirit before he came and after dying he became one . He even became more after dying cause the bible says he was exalted above all and given a name above any other.
Why would God cry that his son is being killed when spirits can't die? When his immortality is no mystery to him?
What do guys out there think?
Re: Was Jesus Dying Really A Sacrifice? Need Clarification by spartan117(m): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2018
You are not genuinely seeking "clarification" what you want is to try to poke holes and mock something which you can't understand.

What you need is this: accept jesus christ as your Lord and saviour today and receive eternal life.
Re: Was Jesus Dying Really A Sacrifice? Need Clarification by Freh(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2018
As usual no answers would come my so called brothers. You guys really need to learn how to approach questions about your faith without feeling threatened. What if I was a mocker? What does it matter? There's a way to approach questions that anyone who reads this thread would bear record to the wisdom in your gospel. 2000 years have passed and we are more ignorant than the apostles were. We're no closer in understanding the real meanings behind scriptures. Different interpretations and denominations prove this. You offer answers that should never be questioned. I like to answer questions about my faith but I am ashamed of my Christian brothers when all they can say in the face of a question that challenges their belief is accept Jesus and stop asking questions. Really disappointing really. I will get the answer to my question. God doesn't disappoint. It's my fault for asking
Re: Was Jesus Dying Really A Sacrifice? Need Clarification by Freh(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
As usual no answers would come from my so called brothers. You guys really need to learn how to approach questions about your faith without feeling threatened. What if I was a mocker? What does it matter? There's a way to approach questions that anyone who reads this thread would bear record to the wisdom in your gospel. 2000 years have passed and we are more ignorant than the apostles were. We're no closer in understanding the real meanings behind scriptures. Different interpretations and denominations prove this. You offer answers that should never be questioned. I like to answer questions about my faith but I am ashamed of my Christian brothers when all they can say in the face of a question that challenges their belief is accept Jesus and stop asking questions. Really disappointing really. I will get the answer to my question. God doesn't disappoint. It's my fault for asking.

but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet with meekness and fear:
1 Peter:3:15
Re: Was Jesus Dying Really A Sacrifice? Need Clarification by Kobojunkie: 5:53am On Feb 22
Freh:
■ Anytime I hear people say that Jesus Christ died for my sins and try to make it look like it was such a great sacrifice to him and God, I always wonder if God is a spirit was dying really a problem for him. He didn't loose anything by dying. He was a spirit before he came and after dying he became one . He even became more after dying cause the bible says he was exalted above all and given a name above any other.
Why would God cry that his son is being killed when spirits can't die? When his immortality is no mystery to him?
What do guys out there think?
The claim that Jesus Christ's death was some sort of sacrifice for sins is false. This is because the same Jesus Christ made clear in John 10 vs 1 - 18 that His death was more or less Him laying down His own life and taking it back up again to Himself — no sacrifice. Just as the Passover Lamb of Exodus 12 is not described as a sacrifice but rather a redemption of the enslaved from the Old way in Egypt into a Covenant with God, so also, Jesus Christ's death is the ushering in of God's Newest Covenant for the Lost sheep of Israel — Old Covenant slaves to sin condemned to die by God. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Dying Really A Sacrifice? Need Clarification by Kobojunkie: 6:08am On Feb 22
spartan117:
∆ You are not genuinely seeking "clarification" what you want is to try to poke holes and mock something which you can't understand.
What you need is this: accept jesus christ as your Lord and saviour today and receive eternal life.
Which of the over 47,000 idols of Jesus Christ peddled by the religion of Christianity is he supposed to accept? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Thunder Exhumes Dead Man Who Died Mysteriously / (SOLD) Kids And Adult Guitar For Sale At Giveaway Price / Is God The Loser?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.