Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot (1773 Views)

Donald Duke ''Staring'' At Omotola At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday (photo) / Photos From Ben Murray-Bruce's 60th Birthday Celebration / Fmr Oyo State Gov Alao Akala Joins APC, Received By Gov Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by MT: 12:36am On Jun 03, 2010
I witnessed events unfolding in Ibadan today and I must say that Alao Akala is an IRRESPONSIBLE governor ever experienced by Oyo state.

The bleached-skin governor was hurriedly patching all the roads in the state (which had been neglected since he fraudulently became Oyo State governor), simply because President Jonathan would be coming to Ibadan for his birthday. The road construction patching company caused heavy traffic today as they were hurriedly going about their businesses.

The only thing that this governor is noted for is his penchant for party. The last time he celebrated his birthday, he moved the party train to 3 different countries - UK, Ireland and Canada. Now another opportunity has presented itself for him to loot the treasury again. You can NEVER find Akala in any meaningful event, he will always send representative because he has got nothing to offer, but he always fully represent in any party, even if its a day-old chicken funeral ceremony.

All this jamboree is linked with his second term ambition which he wants to achieve by all means. The only thing that Oyo state can show for his administration is loads of his campaign billboards. I hope Jonathan will inauguarate those as well.

While Lagos state daily celebrates progress, he continues to daily loot Oyo state treasury!

Mr Akala, Oyo State is tired and sick of you. It's time for you to move to PRISON !!! for milking Oyo state dry
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 03, 2010
Source please!!!
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by yemmight(m): 9:12am On Jun 03, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Source please!!!

I dont think the poster needs any source on this story. I assume he stays in Ibadan and if you stays in IB you can see for yourself issues on Akala.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by stormm: 9:27am On Jun 03, 2010
Today is the man's birthday and the adverts from praise-singers are many in thye newspapers.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by ayo84(m): 9:35am On Jun 03, 2010
goodluck jonathan should suprise the governor and make a public statement criticizing akala's leadership,
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by humantoy(m): 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
Oyo State is very unlucky to be ruled by Akala.The state capital,Ibadan is the worst in the whole of the S/West states.If that man should rule for another term,that state is finished.GEJ should even be ashamed of Akala.Right from the toll gate,you will see a useless governor in action.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by MT: 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
@bluetooth,

Its an eye witness account and no source is thus needed, but if you insist on one, a passage via Ibadan will be considered most appropriate.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by canuck(m): 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ Topic

Isn't this the Governor whose grand scheme "Graduate Employment Program" (or some funky name like that) involved providing university graduates with taxis after they pay a non-refundable application fee?!

Akala has got to be good at something - At least, he takes the cake for Owanbe (party)!  cheesy

Vote him out next time, if Oyo State is truly tired of him
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by 9ijaprince(m): 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
Am begining to believe that Goodluck is loosing focus. Why would he stoop too low to attend a birthday party of an un performing governor when there are overs pressing matters
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by MT: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Canuck

Akala was never voted, he was rigged into the office by the late rigger himself - Alhaji Ariyibi Adedibu.

Now that Adedibu is dead, Akala has resolved to emptying the treasury to realise his ambition for another term.

What baffles me is that, Akala knew that the roads were bad and he chose to neglect the roads, (including the one that leads to the Governor's office), till Jonathan was to arrive when he then deemed them fit for patching.

Akala is such a retard !
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by lyfe(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2010
I doubt if your eyes will ever forgive you if you read/bought today's Tribune paper. 92 pages for adverts only for Akala. Very annoying
92 @ 250,000 do the maths.

All dilapidated roads were patched. That was untouched for years just because of Uncle Joe.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by baslone: 5:12am On Jun 04, 2010
The money he has invested in campaign billboard is enuff to construct 4th mainland bridge.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 04, 2010
Aloy.Emeka's favorite man
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by yemmight(m): 9:12am On Jun 04, 2010
ayo84:

goodluck jonathan should suprise the governor and make a public statement criticizing akala's leadership,

Unfortunately, he showered praises on him for performing woefully. Shameless people.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by toba1909(m): 10:49am On Jun 04, 2010
Jonathan statement at the birthday shows they're birds of same feathers.

For him to have made such statement "He showered encomiums on Alao-Akala, whom he described as his "good friend" and fellow former deputy governor."

Show me your friend,
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by ayo84(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2010
jonathan is just trying to make political friends, before the next pdp convention, he cant go around riducling these governors, havent you noticed he has to pay them visits,commission white washed projects,and act like he is for them ,its all a political ploy.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by lizzybabe1(f): 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2010
MT:

@bluetooth,

Its an eye witness account and no source is thus needed, but if you insist on one, a passage via Ibadan will be considered most appropriate.

LOL, Very funny reply. I like that. grin
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by XFactor1: 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2010
"Rule of Law"?!

Can someone please inform me, the good people of Oyo State and others all over the Nigerian Federation if the money spent (sounds like WASTED to me) in "celebrating" Governor Alao Akala's '60th' Birthday from PRIVATE/PERSONAL SOURCES or taken from the Oyo State BUDGET/PUBLIC FUNDS?
Can someone also inform us how and why a STATE VISIT by H.E Jonathan Goodluck to Oyo State was dovetailed into a PURELY PRIVATE & PERSONAL BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION during which PUBLIC FUNDS & RESOURCES were used for PRIVATE & PERSONAL purposes?!

Thanks.
Nigeria & Africa Renaissance Initiative,
Maryland, USA.
[i][/i]
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by lizzybabe1(f): 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2010
He has used all Oyo State money to buy Tura and Hot Movate. grin grin
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2010
baslone:

The money he has invested in campaign billboard is enuff to construct 4th mainland bridge.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by MT: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2010
He has used all Oyo State money to buy Tura and Hot Movate.   

lol!. Not only that, he is actively using public funds for personal campaign.

For instance, all the taxis that he claimed he bought for the graduates to be driving as means of employment are heavily adorned with his pictures and names. Tell me if Gov. Fashola has his name, not to talk of his picture placed on any of those luxurious buses plying BRT lane in Lagos.

Also, the shabilly-constructed fence at Iwo Road garage has the inscription "Oyato Governor for 2011".

Not to talk of the annoying bill boards being erected every day.

Oyo state seriously needs a change !
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by mbulela: 12:35am On Jun 05, 2010
toba1909:

Jonathan statement at the birthday shows they're birds of same feathers.

For him to have made such statement "He showered encomiums on Alao-Akala, whom he described as his "good friend" and fellow former deputy governor."

Show me your friend,

When i heard him make those comments, i just shook my head and said "When will Nigerian politicians disappoint me?Even this one that Fortune has favoured exceedingly.Can't he just buck the trend?"
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by msaalli(m): 12:51am On Jun 05, 2010
MT:

lol!. Not only that, he is actively using public funds for personal campaign.

For instance, all the taxis that he claimed he bought for the graduates to be driving as means of employment are heavily adorned with his pictures and names. Tell me if Gov. Fashola has his name, not to talk of his picture placed on any of those luxurious buses plying BRT lane in Lagos.

Also, the shabilly-constructed fence at Iwo Road garage has the inscription "Oyato Governor for 2011".

Not to talk of the annoying bill boards being erected every day.

Oyo state seriously needs a change !

Guess you have not seen the Oyato inscriptions on the fence of the Government House. The one close to the Army living quarters, going towards the House of Assembly quarters.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by bawomolo(m): 3:29am On Jun 05, 2010
lmao at oyato governor. oyo people razz
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by msaalli(m): 3:38am On Jun 05, 2010
bawomolo:

lmao at oyato governor. oyo people razz

And this generalized statement is based on what exactly. The use of a proper yoruba word or the ignorant acts of a clueless governor?? If the latter, does George Bush being dull make all Americans dull? If the former, why must me phase out words of our native tongue to comport with the supposed world order?
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by bawomolo(m): 4:04am On Jun 05, 2010
msaalli:

And this generalized statement is based on what exactly. The use of a proper yoruba word or the ignorant acts of a clueless governor?? If the latter, does George Bush being dull make all Americans dull? If the former, why must me phase out words of our native tongue to comport with the supposed world order?

guyz its a joke.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by msaalli(m): 4:07am On Jun 05, 2010
bawomolo:

guyz its a joke.

Guess the reaction was a natural reaction to the ire the clueless impostor breeds in the dear state. Hope your head is still on your shoulders.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by rickie4us(m): 5:14am On Jun 05, 2010
I was hearing in some quarters in Ibadan yesterday that Adedibu was eliminated by Akala (through a doctor when he went to Lagos for medical treatment in a private hospital by being poisoned) to pave way for his freedom politically.
Different gists will always fly out and different conspiracy theories will always come out. Na wa for Naija.
Re: Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot by stormm: 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2010
rickie4us:

I was hearing in some quarters in Ibadan yesterday that Adedibu was eliminated by Akala (through a doctor when he went to Lagos for medical treatment in a private hospital by being poisoned) to pave way for his freedom politically.

Are u surprised or do u think its beyond him? This guy was DPO, Bode Thomas Police Station, Surulere, Lagos. Adedibu obviously underestimated him. He was sacked by the PSC as a notorious gun supplier to armed robbers. Even as D. Governor, the knowledge of his antecedents still send shock waves down the spines of many.

(1) (Reply)

Student Makes $300k From Dead Osama T-shirts And Returns It All / Bauchi: Gunmen Hurl Bomb & Fire Shots At Police Station / Kaduna Blast Was A Bomb, Red Cross Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.