Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,457 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls (3833 Views)

'If My Wife Does Everything I Tell Her To Do, Then She's My Child, Not My Wife' / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / What My Wife Does Whenever We Have A Disagreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Souqwaqif: 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
Dear nairalanders,please I need help,over and over again I have corrected my wife of this attitude of not picking my calls.We stay apart as a result of hussling tho in Nigeria.But she is with the kids.She will go out for business without telling me,she will come back late and when I call she will give one excuse or the other.Even to speak to the children and cousins at home is now difficult, as a result of her attitudes. Most times I feel lonely and miss home but because of work I can't help it,so I try to call but the new attitudes is she doesn't pick but will later call to give flimsy excuses.As a result of difficulties in inter state job transfer it has not be easy for us to live together for now.Pls what doing do towards this attitude,your wise help is appreciated.
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Anigreat: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2018
shocked

The best way to opt out of this shiit, is to kill yourself.
Let me see who will be calling her again.
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by funmi4love(f): 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
Get a phone for your cousin so that you will be able to reach your children through him/ her

17 Likes

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Gloriagee(f): 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
Honestly I tire for you....does this crap you are spewing make any form of sense to you at all

Anigreat:
shocked

9 Likes

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
this one must an ekwensu
Anigreat:
shocked

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Ivanmykel(f): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2018
You can get a phone for your cousin or any of your children old enough to use a phone, that way you can easily communicate with your family.
Some women have the habit of keeping their phones in Lagos while they are in Ibadan LOL so they won't be able to hear it when it rings, my mum is so guilty of this and when we complain she'll say that the phone is the least of her worries.

6 Likes

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Evacroft: 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Try and get a phone for any grown up in the house or get a landline,that way u will get to talk to them after the days job/school. Some pple are just bad with phones, but u still need to sit her down and let her know how communication is very essential now that there's a distance inbetween you guys. Goodluck

7 Likes

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
You really shouldn't have to be telling her to pick up your phone calls. She doesn't pick up the calls because she doesn't want to and the excuses she makes are just that - excuses. Are you on good terms with each other? The next time you're able to reach her on the phone, ask her what the problem is, communicate your own feelings of loneliness, then work out a calling schedule with her _ so you can be calling her & the kids together at convenient times for all of you.

8 Likes

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
grin
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by KanwuliaExtra: 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
When a woman does not want to be reached, she cannot be reached. . . . Just like a man. kiss

You are “suspecting” her and rightly so.
Her excuses are flimsy, but you can’t do much about that.

A good measure of self-control will go a long way.

You have talked to her several times and she refuses to listen. Concentrate on your work till you can go visit.

Life is full of challenges. Act wisely! kiss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by chii8(f): 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
Life is too short,live it to the fullest....but mothers (myself as example keep my phone in Jamaica and will be in Jericho), don't usually keep my phones with me expect when I am done with chores, I wouldn't want my son to call someone unknowingly and all my airtime will finish,or throw my phone inside water or break the screen.....

But I will definitely return the calls I missed later.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by DukeNija(m): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
When a woman does not want to be reached, she cannot be reached. . . . Just like a man. kiss

You are “suspecting” her and rightly so.
Her excuses are flimsy, but you can’t do much about that.

A good measure of self-control will go a long way.

You have talked to her several times and she refuses to listen. Concentrate on your work till you can go visit.

Life is full of challenges. Act wisely! kiss

This woman. The day you decide to be a counselor or psychologist, the world will be better for it.
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Fundamentalist: 11:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
My advise

Its not healthy for a man and his wife to stay apart in the name of work . As long as you the husband has a source of livelihood, the wife and children should stay with him in his state of residence. I have always maintained its not necessary that a woman must work as long the husband is responsible for the family .

My friend, family comes first . If she is for family, she should relocate and stay with you.

6 Likes

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by sulakishop(m): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2018
How far apart do you stay... I mean where are you located and where is she located?

Souqwaqif:
Dear nairalanders,please I need help,over and over again I have corrected my wife of this attitude of not picking my calls.We stay apart as a result of hussling tho in Nigeria.But she is with the kids.She will go out for business without telling me,she will come back late and when I call she will give one excuse or the other.Even to speak to the children and cousins at home is now difficult, as a result of her attitudes. Most times I feel lonely and miss home but because of work I can't help it,so I try to call but the new attitudes is she doesn't pick but will later call to give flimsy excuses.As a result of difficulties in inter state job transfer it has not be easy for us to live together for now.Pls what doing do towards this attitude,your wise help is appreciated.
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by KanwuliaExtra: 12:20am On Jun 15, 2018
DukeNija:

This woman. The day you decide to be a counselor or psychologist, the world will be better for it.

wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by babeosisi: 4:31am On Jun 15, 2018
Souqwaqif:

You left a woman with kids and cousins to go and hustle
She is also doing business to feed the family and you are here complaining of picking calls
Is she sitting around waiting for calls?
Do you know how stressful it is to be a "single parent "
You Sound Very insecure
You should be encouraging her for keeping the home front while you are out doing your best not monitoring her movements like she were a child
How many times a day are you calling sef
Because you sound to me like someone that will call back to back 25 times and ask plenty questions
She is tired of your interrogations like say she dey for alagbon police station
Maybe u Don accuse am sef
If na me I go block you for a while cool
Grow up
You no fit enter transport go visit them abi na concentration camp u dey?
Did you even remember to send gift for mother''s day?
Na who phone calls epp

12 Likes

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 15, 2018
Staying apart isn't good for any marriage. Now you're complaining that your wife is fond of not picking calls, tomorrow you'll come back here to narrate how you found out your wife has been cheating. She's going to be as lonely as you some times, and distance makes people prone to temptations.
One of you need to give up your job and move in together. You can then get another in your new place of residence.

Even the cousin you want to give a phone has his own life. Will he/she always be with your kids?

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by ahnie: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

What's wrong with you?telling someone's dad,husband to go kill himself?its well with you!

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by ElsonMorali: 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2018
Relocate your family to stay with you.

As it is you spend the better part of your time and your emotional intelligence worrying about your kids and your wife.

This I'm sure impacts your work negatively.

The family should pull together. The key word is TOGETHER and not apart.

All the best.
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by ireneidiva(f): 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2018
Fundamentalist:
My advise

Its not healthy for a man and his wife to stay apart in the name of work . As long as you the husband has a source of livelihood, the wife and children should stay with him in his state of residence. I have always maintained its not necessary that a woman must work as long the husband is responsible for the family .

My friend, family comes first . If she is for family, she should relocate and stay with you.
oga it is very necessary for a woman to work. Im very sure this man is not Dangote and this family needs money. Women have dreams and have to achieve those dreams. Marriage is not a woman's purpose in life. If a woman loses her husband and she is not working, how is she supposed to cope? This is 2018 by the way.

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by Fundamentalist: 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2018
ireneidiva:

oga it is very necessary for a woman to work. Im very sure this man is not Dangote and this family needs money. Women have dreams and have to achieve those dreams. Marriage is not a woman's purpose in life. If a woman loses her husband and she is not working, how is she supposed to cope? This is 2018 by the way.

I didn't expect anything less from a "feminist " . You likes are very aggressive and inpatient . follow your "dreams" at the expense of your family embarassed

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by eniolorunfe: 12:36am On Jun 16, 2018
I would suggest you set a SPECIFIC time(s) when you will be calling home which you and your wife will agree on.

This will help her to know when to expect your calls and even if she can't pick at these times, the phone will be within reach for any of your children/cousins to pick so you can speak with them.

This should help pending when you all can be together.

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by ahiboilandgas: 12:53am On Jun 16, 2018
Fundamentalist:
My advise

o boy that very risky in in 21 st century woman must earn a living too
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by babeosisi: 1:26am On Jun 16, 2018
ireneidiva:

Gbam!
The loss can be as a result of death or divorce
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by ireneidiva(f): 5:23am On Jun 16, 2018
Fundamentalist:

I didn't expect anything less from a "feminist " . You likes are very aggressive and inpatient . follow your "dreams" at the expense of your family embarassed
Manist. What's the correlation between this your post and my previous post? Oya answer na. If she loses her husband, what then becomes of her? And the women that work, should immediately resign as soon as they become 'Mrs' right? You will have daughters and grand daughters o. Don't give them this kind of dirty advice.

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by armyofone(m): 6:01am On Jun 16, 2018
We new generation and phone sef. I wonder how those soja wifey did it in those days of no phone calls. Op, your wife is really trying-working and raising kids by herself. Try to visit often...as she maybe indirectly telling you phone call is not enough.
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by keepingmum: 6:19am On Jun 16, 2018
Perhaps shes aware of the widow you are shagging hence the need for space

https://www.nairaland.com/3795406/relationship-widow
n May 12, 2017

Dear Nairalanders,I was travelling one day when,when I met this pretty woman along the way,we exchanged numbers and went our different ways only for me to call her later that same day to tell her I like to relate with her,and she agreed.calls to each other became frequent until I visited her and discovered she was a widow with 3 little kids,I became surprised and ask her how come which she told me her husband died on health grounds.tho this woman had been a very hardworking business woman taking good care of her 3 kids alone.I then out of sympathy supported her financially, but also told her am married but my wife is outside the country and within me,I made up my mind to quit.However she herself would not let go calling my lines and beckoning on me to always come and spend the night with her,once I tried that I became tempted to continue, but I feel I might be taking a risk,house what do I do at this stage,please no insult just a counsel or advice, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by keepingmum: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2018
Or she has now found out about your love child mydebby/soulq

Help With Your Advice Am In Dilema Over This Relationship by MYDEBBY(m): 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2015

Dear Nairalanders compliment of the season,I just came back from dubai where I reconciled with my wife and kids.before this reconciliation,I had already gone into a serious relationship with a girl here in Nigeria.The family of this girl had known me and my intention of getting married to this girl without any of them knowing am married already which I concealed from them intentionally so I can marry this girl.Having gained the trust of both the girl and her parents,she became pregnant for me and is delivered of a baby girl.But now am reconciled with my wife.and don't want to have a second wife again.how do I go about with this girl am into a relationship with without hurting any party? thanks in anticipation of your advice.
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by keepingmum: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2018
Or she has now found out about your love child mydebby or Soulq

Help With Your Advice Am In Dilema Over This Relationship by MYDEBBY(m): 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2015

Dear Nairalanders compliment of the season,I just came back from dubai where I reconciled with my wife and kids.before this reconciliation,I had already gone into a serious relationship with a girl here in Nigeria.The family of this girl had known me and my intention of getting married to this girl without any of them knowing am married already which I concealed from them intentionally so I can marry this girl.Having gained the trust of both the girl and her parents,she became pregnant for me and is delivered of a baby girl.But now am reconciled with my wife.and don't want to have a second wife again.how do I go about with this girl am into a relationship with without hurting any party? thanks in anticipation of your advice.
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by bukatyne(f): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2018
JupiterGeekVII:
You really shouldn't have to be telling her to pick up your phone calls. She doesn't pick up the calls because she doesn't want to and the excuses she makes are just that - excuses. Are you on good terms with each other? The next time you're able to reach her on the phone, ask her what the problem is, communicate your own feelings of loneliness, then work out a calling schedule with her _ so you can be calling her & the kids together at convenient times for all of you.

Very true.

Especially for a woman who's not with her husband.

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by bukatyne(f): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2018
@souqwaqif:

Oye refute keepingmum's posts.
Re: Help My Wife Does Not Pick My Calls by JoannaSedley(f): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2018
Op, they don dey use broom to massage your prick hole small small. grin grin

Grab popcorn

O setigo o setie

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Postinor 2 Delay Your Period From Coming / Would You Leave Your Work To Be With Your Wife In Labor? / Perfectly Timed Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.