Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! (4558 Views)

How Swiss Firm, Linked To Oando Boss, Wale Tinubu Made Billions In Shady Congole / Borrowing In Bond Market By States To Hit N502bn In Dec / UK Boosts Nigeria's Infrastructure Development With £90B Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by ADint(m): 7:04am On Jun 03, 2010
"•Sends ‘letter of intent’ to ICRC
Mediterranean Consulting Company (MCC) S.A. (Switzerland) on Tuesday wrote the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) of its readiness to acquire up to $20 billion 25 years notes in form of certificate of deposits (CDs), bond or medium term notes (MTNs) under its debt financing and collateral trading programme over a 10-month period starting from June 1, 2010."

"Indeed, an HSBC Hong Kong and Shangai Bank’s “proof of funds letter” signed by JD Coombe and RA. Fairhead, director, international banking operations and director of treasury, respectively, sent to AL Saleh Abdulrahman Al Saleh, department of finance, Dubai, U.A.E, in possession of BusinessDay confirmed with full responsibility that MCC is one of its clients and that it has the amount in its account.

“We, HSBC Bank hereby confirm with full responsibility that our above mentioned client have twenty billion United States dollars ($20, 000,000,000.00) in cash/assets (Type of assets) on deposits in the above referenced account. We further confirm that these funds are good, clean, cleared, of non-criminal origin, free of any liens or encumbrances, were legally earned, and are fully transferable. We further confirm that Mr. Luigi Forino, with passport No. F0609661, issued by Switzerland, has been recorded as signatory on the above referenced account.” "

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11583:swiss-firm-offers-20bn-to-enter-infrastructure-bond-market&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

This is in the same economy we are being told that Sanusi has destroyed etc - what we have here now, are very serious and credible long term investors (what our economy needs) not the foreign speculators we had preiviously in the stock market. There can be no stronger show of confidence in our economy by a major international finance corporation -- but you just watch as 'our banks' start to fall over themselves to get involved as well even at below the 9% these guys are looking for.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by blacksta(m): 8:39am On Jun 03, 2010
I guess the scramble for Nigerian assets has started - I would advise Nigerians home and abroad to take part in this investments opportunities - Do not be left out. 9% guaranteed return on your investments is very good in this present climate
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by PapaBrowne(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2010
Great news(If the company is for real)!! Investors are getting excited again about Nigeria. Such a relief. The new economic team headed by Aganga is inspiring immense confidence! I'm more than excited. This is my area of expertise. I bet you (if this is for real), then it is just the beginning. Thank God Sanusi has been caged.
The problem however is that the framework for these kinds of investments is lacking in Nigeria.

However, I don't trust the company Mediterranean Consulting Company (MCC) S.A. (Switzerland). Looks like a shady company. They claim to have that much money and yet they are not a well known  investment firm. Plus it seems like their main line of business is oil lifting.

Funny thing also is the composition of ownership of the company. From the initial investigations I'm getting about the company, the ownership structure is weird.
Vladmir Putin, ex Russian President is said to have 26% of the company. King Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz of Saudi has 8%. Some Dr Luigi guy has 37% and a Chinese fella has the remaining 29%. This is so weird. It's impossible to have Vladimir Putin and King Fahd on the same company. High finance just doesn't work like this. This is absurd.

Businessday is a disgrace for failing to investigate this company before publishing this rubbish.

Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by tkb417(m): 3:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
Great news(If the company is for real)!! Investors are getting excited again about Nigeria. Such a relief. The new economic team headed by Aganga is inspiring immense confidence! I'm more than excited. This is my area of expertise. I bet you (if this is for real), then it is just the beginning. Thank God Sanusi has been caged.
excellent
The said company conceived the idea, made up their mind and sent an EOI in less than 2 months that the new minister of finance was sworn in hence the reason why this should be attributable to the new minister- can you tell us ONE thing that the minister has done to shore up investors confidence?
just one- waiting

stop posting as if those who are reading are retards
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by Ikengawo: 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
that company doesn't have that much money but if this is true it would be a 20% boost in the nigerian economy and it would mainly be non oil.

but like the other guy said if they had this much money to SPEND they'd be more well known.

either way the nigerian economy is firing off and the same nigeria that ppl are saying is a failed state on this website has one of the highest growth rates in the world and is seen as the next frontier market.

everywhere we look all the things ppl on here have to complain about are being patched up. they'll still complain though so oh well.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by blacksta(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2010
Looking the attached letter by papabrowne  - I can confirm that company Mediterranean Consulting Company  is SCAM company which has been used so many times to scam people. ( google it ) or please visit  the so called MCC website , Please be advised Valdmir putin does not own or part of any company in Switzerland .  Even the  word Chinese is spilt incorrectly - what a scam letter - Nigerian Journalists are so rubbish . a quick googling will reveal that the company is scam company.  I suspect the so called attorney  Benjamin Aduli The Nigerian representative - is looking to scam people.  

For the sake of God  - why will any bank and definitely not HSBC  - confirm the below and even go afar as confirming passport details of Mr. Luigi Forino  -

“We, HSBC Bank hereby confirm with full responsibility that our above mentioned client have twenty billion United States dollars ($20, 000,000,000.00) in cash/assets (Type of assets) on deposits in the above referenced account. We further confirm that these funds are good, clean, cleared, of non-criminal origin, free of any liens or encumbrances, were legally earned, and are fully transferable. We further confirm that Mr. Luigi Forino, with passport No. F0609661, issued by Switzerland, has been recorded as signatory on the above referenced account.” "
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by Gekko(m): 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2010
ADint:

"•Sends ‘letter of intent’ to ICRC
Mediterranean Consulting Company (MCC) S.A. (Switzerland) on Tuesday wrote the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) of its readiness to acquire up to $20 billion 25 years notes in form of certificate of deposits (CDs), bond or medium term notes (MTNs) under its debt financing and collateral trading programme over a 10-month period starting from June 1, 2010."

"Indeed, an HSBC Hong Kong and Shangai Bank’s “proof of funds letter” signed by JD Coombe and RA. Fairhead, director, international banking operations and director of treasury, respectively, sent to AL Saleh Abdulrahman Al Saleh, department of finance, Dubai, U.A.E, in possession of BusinessDay confirmed with full responsibility that MCC is one of its clients and that it has the amount in its account.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11583:swiss-firm-offers-20bn-to-enter-infrastructure-bond-market&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

This is in the same economy we are being told that Sanusi has destroyed etc - what we have here now, are very serious and credible long term investors (what our economy needs) not the foreign speculators we had preiviously in the stock market. There can be no stronger show of confidence in our economy by a major international finance corporation -- but you just watch as 'our banks' start to fall over themselves to get involved as well even at below the 9% these guys are looking for.

reads like a 419 letter.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by Ikengawo: 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2010
good find, nigerian journalists are beyond foolish but i knew that 20 billion was a stupid number
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by tkb417(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
well
truly that company looks shady

Ikengawo:

good find, nigerian journalists are beyond foolish but i knew that 20 billion was a silly number
20billion dollars looks unreal to me

the whole story needs vetting
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
I have to concur . . . seems shady. Even the website as ref for King fahd seems like something put together just for this

http://www.kingfahdbinabdulaziz.com/

The company's own website screams 419 . . .  http://www.mccconsulting.ch/
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by martinosi: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
WHETHER REAL OR FAKE, WE CAN FIND OUT, BUT IF REAL,
U GUYS SHOULD READ WELL AND READ BETWEEN THE LINES, FOR
GOODNESS SAKE!!!, THESE GUYS ARE OFFERING TO BUY ASSETS ON THE CHEAP!!! AND ANYONE THAT HOLD BONDS KNOW THAT THE DE-FAULT PLAN IS THE REAL PAYDAY!!! COME-ON GUYS READ!!!. YOU HAVE GOOGLE AND WIKI-PEDIA NOW!!! OR IS THERE NO-BODY HERE THAT UNDERSTANDS HOW THE INTERNATIONAL BOND MARKET WORKS !!!
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
tkb417:

excellent
The said company conceived the idea, made up their mind and sent an EOI in less than 2 months that the new minister of finance was sworn in hence the reason why this should be attributable to the new minister- can you tell us ONE thing that the minister has done to shore up investors confidence?
just one- waiting

stop posting as if those who are reading are retards

tkb417, there has been an increased interest amongst investors for the last one month or so. Now I'm not sure whether it's a result from Jonathan's trip to the USA or it's the Aganga factor, but one thing I am 100% sure on is that it definitely cannot be attributed to Sanusi actions. Infact, the gagging of Sanusi is probably a contributory factor. Sanusi has been on ground for 1 year and the results were sad.

The Aganga factor is quite important because he is of Goldman Sachs. Goldman Sachs is a pearl to investors especially regarding Emerging Markets. Remember when Goldman Sachs listed Nigeria as a Next11 country? Nigeria automatically became a delight. So Aganga, a former Goldman Sachs executive leading our economy would naturally excite investors.

But on the real, no matter how excited investors get, no one is going to put a dime in Nigeria until after May 29 2011. They need political stability. If Jonathan remains after 2011, then money would start pouring down in droves.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2010
@TOPIC
The MCC company is a very cheap scam orchestarted by very cheap illiterates. To think that ICRC and BusinessDay could not see the glaring pointers to this fraud in the making tells a lot about our Government officials and the Nigerian media.
Businessday is a very big disgrace.
I have researched them well enough to know that they don't exist. And they have been into these kinds of scams in the past.

The scammers have little or no idea of how the world of Finance operates if not they would have made a kill b4 been exposed. Their website is cheap, their PDF documents are crappy and useless! Many of the pictures used in their documents are Photoshopped.

Their intention probably was to scam some government officials (most of whom are educated illiterates) into providing crude lifting deals. Very cheap fellas. Useless and disappointing. Sad too.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by Ibime(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Investors are getting excited again about Nigeria. Such a relief. The new economic team headed by Aganga is inspiring immense confidence! I'm more than excited. This is my area of expertise. I bet you (if this is for real), then it is just the beginning. Thank God Sanusi has been caged.

This guy is a grade one comedian!
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by hatch: 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2010
Sometimes I wonder if we really are this dumb ?
No sensible livnig thing born of a woman in right sense
Of mind ought to invest that kind of money in Nigeria.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by redsun(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2010
African is like an untouched massive gold mine waiting to be tapped,el dorado.Weather the thieves like it or not progress must someday take its course.Those that see investment opportunities are those with visions but unfortunately the present crops of visionless thug leaders are going to mortgage the future of africans to foreign scramblers like the chinese and this firm in question.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by PapaBrowne(m): 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
Ibime:

This guy is a grade one comedian!

cool grin

Ibime, your darling Businessday has disappointed you eh tongue? They couldn't even use google.
No wonder Sanusi has been hoodwinking and Bamboozling them to dust up his image a little.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by ADint(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2010
. . . The news item is still on the front page of Businessday's website, so till they retract the story or there is sufficient evidence to the contrary I will stick with Business day. Businessday has had a good reputaion in the industry thus far.

The Financial Consultant mentioned, Benjamin Aduli is involved in other high profile projects --

http://microfinanceafrica.net/news/africa-capital-and-business-support-to-invest-n6bn-in-integrated-microfinance-bank/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201004230740.html

He has also been involved with several credible organisations and Events organised and supported by State Govts. in Nigeria, Regional Govts. in West Africa, the Commonwealth Business Council (CBC), EU Trade Commission and a host of others.

Events like:

- The West Africa Investment Forum 2009, 30th March—1st April 2009, Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

- G8 CORPORATE AFRICA INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT CONFERENCE, 28 - 30 June 2009 held in London.

- The Kwara International Agric Business Conference, in Kwara State On The 27th to 29th July 2009

. . . to name a few.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by tkb417(m): 7:38am On Jun 04, 2010
PapaBrowne:

@TOPIC
The MCC company is a very cheap scam orchestarted by very cheap illiterates. To think that ICRC and BusinessDay could not see the glaring pointers to this fraud in the making tells a lot about our Government officials and the Nigerian media.
Businessday is a very big disgrace.
I have researched them well enough to know that they don't exist. And they have been into these kinds of scams in the past.

The scammers have little or no idea of how the world of Finance operates if not they would have made a kill b4 been exposed. Their website is cheap, their PDF documents are crappy and useless! Many of the pictures used in their documents are Photoshopped.

Their intention probably was to scam some government officials (most of whom are educated illiterates) into providing crude lifting deals. Very cheap fellas. Useless and disappointing. Sad too.

Adint, ill go with Papabrowne on this

ill try to get across to BusinessDay today and ask questions
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by mbulela: 8:06am On Jun 04, 2010
my pessimistic mind no gree me.
This thing looks like 419 letter.
let me put some calls through and ask those that should know.
The letter written by HSBS does not look professional at all.
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by ADint(m): 2:49am On Jun 05, 2010
@ tkb417 & mbulela

Were you able to get any info on this from Businessday? Does seem like a hoax or worse still a scam!! Businessday!!! sad
Re: Swiss Firm Offers $20bn To Enter Nigeria's Infrastructure Bond Market! by mccgeneva: 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2010
Dear All
we was notified by our customers that someone ( but when i write some one,, this mean that is NO ONE with a NO CLEAR identification, so an unknown man/woman/maybe a boy or a children),, anyway, someone have wrote on thise FREE SPACE ( and i want to underline that FREE SPACE does not mean that what you read is the true, only opinions).
anyway, in this "free blog" if we want to define it in this way, some "childrens" are writing a set of non sence words, about a big big swiss company organization that have subsidiaries all over the world.

I am the Lawyer in Chief of this company, so maybe i am apart of the sides, but i want to recall your smart/cleaver intelligence on this matter:

it is possible that a swiss company, a swiss man like dr.ing. Luigi Forino, can do SCAMS all over the worlds and no policeman will bring him to the jail? why?? it is impossible!!

so this is just a clear evidence that everything you are reading on this "FREE BLOG" are only lies, putted by a children or by the concorrence! (maybe we have to engace a 007 spy?! wink , i hope no!)

anyway,.
the Central Office is in Geneva,
rue du Rhone,14 - c/to Regus Business Centres
MCC have 400mtq offices where more than 114 peoples , work everyday to do trading inside the crude oil & commoditiy fields.

Also this company, represent another company that is MCC Investment SA (also swiss made company), that sell financials istruments (Bg/MTN/SBLC), do currency exchange and sell private bank loans.

now,, i want to know by YOU, dear READERS,
if PUTIN that you can see on the forbes, usatoday, and other reports, have a quota in this company,,, if this information was not true,, maybe Putin have not the power to CANCEL this fake informations by the Websites?! and to put in the Jail the CEO of this company?!

SO,, if Putin don't do this, this mean that MCC for Real do what you can see on our website www.mccconsulting.ch

for any clearance,, you are free to contact me, the Lawyer in Chief of the company and i will reply officially (this mean with Papers and not with Words),, to your question.

Best Regards
Lawyers

Herengracht 416
1011 – PN Amsterdam (NL)

http://www.mccconsulting.ch - http://www.mccpetroli.ch
http://www.maxxl.chhttp://www.officialmccfoundatuion.org
http://www.officialmccworld.comhttp://www.mccswissbank.ch

FAX: (+41)225948379 //(+1)8592012788 //(+39)0240746031
USA CA +1(949) 258-5869 & NY +1 (347) 287-6773
==================================================

(1) (Reply)

Crowd At Apc Mega Rally In Osogbo Refuses To Use Umrella In The Rain / Military Commander Who Recaptured Damboa Transferred Out By Military Chiefs / Can Nigerians Pay The PRICE Of A New GOVT ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.