Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

FIFA World Cup Logos From 1930 – 2018, Which One’s The Best? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA World Cup Logos From 1930 – 2018, Which One’s The Best? (33166 Views)

All World Cup Final Goals 1930 - 2018 (12 Mins) / All FIFA World Cup Logos 1930 – 2018. Which Is The Best? / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA World Cup Logos From 1930 – 2018, Which One’s The Best? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
Caseless:
98 was in a class of its own, but 02 had all the drama and culture. I don de see WC since 94 tools, even though I was quite smallc l then, but 98 was pressedy down immediately '02 came .

The reasons are:

1. The first time it was co-hosted and the first in entire Asia. You could understand the enthusiasm from the world's most populous continent.

2. The host nations didn't win it like it happened in France.

3. The adverts for that WC were excellent. Remember that of Pepsi with those football stars? The one with Pink and other artists? Yokozuna and the kid? The coca cola advert where a chicken about to be slaughtered was let loose again to celebrate and even hugged the person trying to kill it? The one who hid in a wardrobe after sleeping with another man's wife, but ran out to hug his victim to celebrate a goal? The mtn adverts
The half times in that WC were not boring because of these interesting commercials.

4. Remember the message on our screens telling us the matches were being shown illegally in Nigeria? That WC was full of drama and it went beyond the field of play.

5. You watched how trappatoni went to knock the match commissioner in his glass box after his player was fouled, but a penalty was awarded against Italy?

6. Roy Keane being sent back home from the WC.

7. It is the only WC that's remembered by the name Korea/japan than it's remembered for it's year(2002) due to it's uniqueness.

8. Remember the Korean players playing in Italy at peruggia who were told not to come back because what they did to Italy at the WC.
Also, the diplomatic row.
9. Then, we had potential world's best player in every team(unlike now Lol).

Holland made my moment in 98 . Edgar davids ? I lik. f e him for his style. Kluivert , seedorf, Frank and R.oonald de Boer, overmas , cocu , van hooijdonk, bergkamp , van Der sar , etc, are players I still admire. I'm a fan of Holland and it started in 98. I know how I almost broke down watching them playing the 3rd place match against Croatia then.

If your basis of comparing is the events apart from actual football matches, then no argument. But on the quality of matches played, 98 has never had a match. Games from the group stages were super explosive because almost all the teams that came had world class players in their team. Let me mention some games you can go back to watch:

France-Paraguay, France-Italy, Argentina-Netherlands, Netherlands-Brazil, Brazil-Denmark, England-Argentina, France-Croatia to mention a few.

I remember it was only Nigeria game in the round of 16 that was one sided against Denmark and even that game saw the best of our very own jay jay. A world cup where no team was a push over, now that's a very interesting world cup! A world cup where Croatia stunned the world without the help of referees like Korea. I still have vivid memories of the 98 world cup cos I watched all the games live except the final. I also watched 90% of the korea-japan world cup but believe me when i say it doesn not come close to 98. Even USA 94 was more interesting than 2002.
Re: FIFA World Cup Logos From 1930 – 2018, Which One’s The Best? by odinga1of: 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
femi4:
Ode!
At what stage did SA left in 2010....kids everywhere
Ode wetin consign me and SA in 2010, Bra go sit down........ 2002 was the best World Cup so far..

Old Man
Re: FIFA World Cup Logos From 1930 – 2018, Which One’s The Best? by odinga1of: 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
michlan:

If your basis of comparing is the events apart from actual football matches, then no argument. But on the quality of matches played, 98 has never had a match. Games from the group stages were super explosive because almost all the teams that came had world class players in their team. Let me mention some games you can go back to watch:

France-Paraguay, France-Italy, Argentina-Netherlands, Netherlands-Brazil, Brazil-Denmark, England-Argentina, France-Croatia to mention a few.

I remember it was only Nigeria game in the round of 16 that was one sided against Denmark and even that game saw the best of our very own jay jay. A world cup where no team was a push over, now that's a very interesting world cup! A world cup where Croatia stunned the world without the help of referees like Korea. I still have vivid memories of the 98 world cup cos I watched all the games live except the final. I also watched 90% of the korea-japan world cup but believe me when i say it doesn not come close to 98. Even USA 94 was more interesting than 2002.

Hmmmmm see sport analyst ooooooo

Korea/Japan 2002 was the best so far.........
Ronaldinho goal against England was World Class
Re: FIFA World Cup Logos From 1930 – 2018, Which One’s The Best? by ernxto(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
kakarott:

Ur mobile number bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Speaks On Jarrell Miller's Failed Drug Tests / Help On Multi Goal & Other Betting Tips / UCL Last 16 Draw: Who Can Make It To The Next Round Of UCL?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.