Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. (20218 Views)

Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / How I Got Infected With HIV / Catholic Priest Infected With Ebola In Congo As Bishops Pray For Him Afar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Arysexy(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2018
Rev. Fr. Lucien Ambunga, Catholic Priest and Pastor for the remote rural community of Itipo celebrated his first Sunday (June 10) mass since he returned to his parish on 8 June, after recovering from Ebola.

When he was diagnosed with Ebola last month, Father Ambunga was taken to the town of Bikoro where there is an Ebola treatment centre in the general hospital. He was given a clean bill of health late last month, but stayed on in Bikoro to recover further.

When he returned to Itipo on Friday he was greeted by a joyous crowd, who carried him on their shoulders and chanted “The hero this year is Courage (Father Ambunga’s nickname).”

He stressed how moved he was to be back.

“I can’t’ explain to you now Madame. It’s too much for me,” said Father Lucien. “What I can say, what is in my heart, is joy. “

WHO’s social anthropologist for the Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of the Congo, Julienne Anoko says it’s important to support people who have recovered from Ebola as they return to their communities. “We need to take care of their reintegration because many of them are being stigmatized by their communities because the communities don’t know, they are afraid.”

Dada was among the first confirmed Ebola patients in the current outbreak to be cured of Ebola. Dada is slowly picking up the pieces of his life.

On 6 June, representatives from the Ministry of Health and Caritas Internationalis came to his home with a care package – a bucket containing food staples such as rice and sardines and household items such as soap.

Dada says he’s feeling good, “For the moment, I feel very, very, strong. I don’t have the virus.”

His uncle is glad his nephew is doing well, “As a family member, I am happy to see my relative alive and doing well.”

With support from WHO, Dada is taking catch up classes and is hoping to pass his baccalaureat exam later this month.

He said, “If I’m lucky and I get my diploma and receive support, I will continue my studies.”

Local health officials say there are 14 people who have recovered from Ebola in the Itipo area and on Monday (June 11), many met with WHO’s Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. Dr Tedros came to Itipo to observe the scaling up of the response in the community, which lies at the heart of the current outbreak.

“Not only have they survived but they are already working to save others,” said Dr Tedros. “It’s great that they are better and now it’s important that they are helping their community. “

The people who have recovered from Ebola created an association on 11 June to provide mutual support and are helping to raise awareness of the community on Ebola prevention. Dada is working at the Saint Luke Health Facility in Itipo, where some Ebola patients are receiving care from the Medecins sans Frontieres (MSF) team in collaboration with the Ministry of Health. He is providing counseling to the patients.

Ongoing

Primary country
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Ongoing

https://reliefweb.int/report/democratic-republic-congo/returning-home-after-surviving-ebola-democratic-republic-congo

Lalasticlala

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by hadduni(f): 10:40am On Jun 15, 2018
well, that's good news.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by itchie: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2018
Thank God for his life

27 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by CodeTemplar: 10:45am On Jun 15, 2018
mods this news is so sweet I am going to use it to drink pap as my breakfast.

27 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by inoki247: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2018
people will start speaking in tongues now... Food iz readyy time to speak in tongues.....

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2018
he should be quarantined aleast an extra 21 days to be fully sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2018
We are serving a living God.

Buy with us, my people...

25 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by loadedvibes: 10:59am On Jun 15, 2018
Hallelujah miracles still happen

22 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Hotfreeze: 10:59am On Jun 15, 2018
Healed by God, cured by medicine.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Zimmermann(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2018
Praise be to God Almighty!

26 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by theozobby(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2018
i haven't seen those who put there trust i? God disappointed.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by BedLam: 11:00am On Jun 15, 2018
What do you mean by healed like it's some religious stuff? Religious zealots!

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by doctokwus: 11:00am On Jun 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Religious section mods this news is so sweet I am going to use it to drink pap as my breakfast.
Pls don't come with your religious bullshit here.
If you bothered to read you would come across where it was stated that he was taken to the 'Ebola treatment centre in the General hospital',where he was cured.
Even the reverend father himself didn't attribute his cure to religion or just prayers offered.
God leads people who care to be led,to take wise,appropriate decisions,not by claiming to be worshipping him foolishly,by stupidly following dogmas.
The wise reverend and the Catholic faith over there prayed for him,guided him to access appropriate health care while still praying for him.
Here,people will take their sick to a prayer house,refuse him accessing care in a hospital and continue praying foolishly for miracles to fall from heaven with the dying person still 'confined' to the prayer or pastor's house in name of a church.
That's foolishness and I am sure if there is indeed hell,God will punish people,owners of such prayer home and such pastors to the deepest parts of it.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by teamsynergy: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2018
science and years of research paying off... thanks to all our tireless researchers

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by HenryQuest(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2018
May God extend His healing power to all those who call to Him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2018
Healed or Treated? cheesy

Receiving Treatment and Praying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by CertifiedA: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2018
Wow! Praise God!

4 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by labusinessguide: 11:03am On Jun 15, 2018
Thank God

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by hucienda: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2018
Good news. Good job by the team of medics at the health centre. Thanks be to God.

7 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Donemmy(m): 11:04am On Jun 15, 2018
God is faithful

7 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by mamatwiny(f): 11:05am On Jun 15, 2018
Good news. I am so happy for him.

If he were to be in this country, a microphone will be dedicated to him as no one will want to touch the mic after he has used it.

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Valfrankie(m): 11:05am On Jun 15, 2018
He kept the faith and reaped the rewards. Congratulations Padre, you have repped the Church well.

10 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by peacengine(m): 11:05am On Jun 15, 2018
Good is good

4 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Cyrealmusic(m): 11:05am On Jun 15, 2018
Thank you God the father, Son and Holy Spirit.
May your name be praised oh Lord, Amen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Arysexy(m): 11:05am On Jun 15, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Healed or Treated? cheesy

Receiving Treatment and Praying

Doctors treat, God heals.

Haven't you seen those that died after being treated? Ebola of all sickness? His survival has divine connection, not only the scientific treatment.

Science and Religion can really go together if we use our brains

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:05am On Jun 15, 2018
Bad news for atheist,thank God for his Life

8 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 15, 2018
sad
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Is04970: 11:08am On Jun 15, 2018
May the name of the Lord be praised.

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by hardywaltz(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2018
We thank God

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by darfay: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2018
E

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biography Of Oluyinka Olutoye, Appointed As US Hospital Surgeon-in-Chief / Two-year-old Boy Diagnosed With Cloves Syndrome / Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.