Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,053 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

What If Abacha Was Never A Bad Guy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Abacha Was Never A Bad Guy (597 Views)

Abacha was never Convicted Of Looting / Senator Obinna Ogba Says Abacha Was ‘A Good Man’ / Mustapha Sani Abacha Was Born In Aso Rock To A Sitting Head Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Abacha Was Never A Bad Guy by samuelchimmy(m): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2018
As every other young Nigerian, Abacha is perceived to be the most wicked ruler in the history of this country, they said killed alot of people and embezzled money amounting to billions of dollars,
But I'm becoming skeptical about this man..... I mean I'm getting old, I can't just believe what people told me about some, I want to know the truth by my self, what if he was a good guy, what if he really wanted the good of Nigerians but was sabotaged.

He had turned away from the economic suggestions offered by the IMF to Babangida and reimposed controls on the economy
What was this 'economic suggestions offered by IMF ' that he refused to follow,

He wanted to hand over power to a democratically elected government on October 1, 1998, according to a report in USA Today, and to cede power to civilians.

Before he could act on his promises, though, he died under questionable circumstances......

What killed Abacha
Who killed Abacha
And why

I'm not trying to defend a dictator, I just want to know the truth,... I think the history of Nigeria is not correct, that some set of people do not want us to know the truth......

Your contributions are all welcomed, thank you
Re: What If Abacha Was Never A Bad Guy by tomiwakeem: 10:08pm On Jun 15, 2018
what if all the money he embezzled was to help Nigeria save for the rainy day..
as we all can see almost all the governments after him has benefitted from the money including the fake anti corruption crusader.
Re: What If Abacha Was Never A Bad Guy by kingzizzy: 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2018
samuelchimmy:
As every other young Nigerian, Abacha is perceived to be the most wicked ruler in the history of this country, they said killed alot of people and embezzled money amounting to billions of dollars,
But I'm becoming skeptical about this man..... I mean I'm getting old, I can't just believe what people told me about some, I want to know the truth by my self, what if he was a good guy, what if he really wanted the good of Nigerians but was sabotaged.

He had turned away from the economic suggestions offered by the IMF to Babangida and reimposed controls on the economy
What was this 'economic suggestions offered by IMF ' that he refused to follow,

He wanted to hand over power to a democratically elected government on October 1, 1998, according to a report in USA Today, and to cede power to civilians.

Before he could act on his promises, though, he died under questionable circumstances......

What killed Abacha
Who killed Abacha
And why

I'm not trying to defend a dictator, I just want to know the truth,... I think the history of Nigeria is not correct, that some set of people do not want us to know the truth......

Your contributions are all welcomed, thank you

You need help. This nonsense is why Africans are still seen by the civilised world as having the moral ethics of a Baboon. This rubbish of weighting what good a person did against all they evil they commited is beneath contempt. This is why a genocidal killer and terrorist like Murtala Mohammed found his way on the currency of Nigeria as a patriot.

General Sami Abacus was a man of infinitesimal evil. He was one of those who helped destroy Nigeria for over 30 years starting from 1966 when he participated in the counter coup to when he died in 1998. He played a major role in every draconian military regime that ruled Nigeria with the exception of the first coup. His six year rule was pure terror. If one were to compile all the evil Abacha commited during the 32 years the military held away in Nigeria...................

When you talk about evil men that Africa has produced, talk about Idi Amin, Emperor Bokasa, Murtala Mohammed, Mengitsu Haile and Sani Abacha.
Re: What If Abacha Was Never A Bad Guy by samuelchimmy(m): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2018
kingzizzy:

You need help. This nonsense is why Africans are still seen by the civilised world as having the moral ethics of a Baboon. This rubbish of weighting what good a person did against all they evil they commited is beneath contempt. This is why a genocidal killer and terrorist like Murtala Mohammed found his way on the currency of Nigeria as a patriot.

General Sami Abacus was a man of infinitesimal evil. He was one of those who helped destroy Nigeria for over 30 years starting from 1966 when he participated in the counter coup to when he died in 1998. He played a major role in every draconian military regime that ruled Nigeria with the exception of the first coup. His six year rule was pure terror. If one were to compile all the evil Abacha commited during the 32 years the military held away in Nigeria...................

When you talk about evil men that Africa has produced, talk about Idi Amin, Emperor Bokasa, Murtala Mohammed, Mengitsu Haile and Sani Abacha.

Well I'm not defending him, I just want to know the whole truth
Re: What If Abacha Was Never A Bad Guy by mysteriousman(m): 7:35am On Jun 16, 2018
Abacha may have been corrupt but one thing for sure is that Nigeria would have moved further than where it is now if he had continued. Most of the advance countries of Asia were driven into development by military regimes, same thing even applies to Libya in Africa
Re: What If Abacha Was Never A Bad Guy by SalamRushdie: 8:06am On Jun 16, 2018
He was far better leader than Buhari has...despite being a pariah leader plagued with sanctions and low Oil prices he delivered a consistent 4 percent economic growth year in year our and Nigeria was was very safe then with no kidnappings or killer Herdmens or Boko haram
Re: What If Abacha Was Never A Bad Guy by ashjay001(m): 9:49am On Jun 16, 2018
SalamRushdie:
He was far better leader than Buhari has...despite being a pariah leader plagued with sanctions and low Oil prices he delivered a consistent 4 percent economic growth year in year our and Nigeria was was very safe then with no kidnappings or killer Herdmens or Boko haram

Abi! Far better! Yet, several years after his death, we're still hearing of billions of dollars of Abacha loot

Op, he was planning to handover to himself, in civilian form. Google, million man match.

All these ffk n Reno, would av been assassinated. All political parties, were endorsing himgrin

Oppositions, either change their tunes, after getting juicy federal appointments, or larger bank accounts. Those that didn't change tune, disappeared or went into exile.

(1) (Reply)

FG's Response To Plateau Killings / 2019: PDP Group Lures Saraki, Lai Mohammed Back To Party / We Are Disappointed With The ICC - Concern Nigeria Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.