Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 (36493 Views)

Denmark Vs Australia World Cup 2018 - Rare Historic Match. See Why / Denmark Vs Australia: World Cup (1 - 1) On 21st June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by Larryslim(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
Thank God France won,if not everyone would have been against Paul Pogba again
Please what did Kante play??..
Naija match next for me grin

2 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by striker07(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
Assist from giroud and pogba,goal from pogba and griezmann,well-done france
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by STILESGANG: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Both of them ended Brazilian dominance of individual awards.

You know sometimes I wonder whether they have some supernatural powers.

Only Maradona, I repeat, ONLY Diego Maradona can be compared to these two men.
I would always rate Maradona as no 1
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by Kenturkey048(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
France win everybody keep quiet..when the match start some people say them dey play like super eagles..now them don win everybody keep quiet...NIGERIA..GREAT NATION

2 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by P0intBlank(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
LordAdamX:

CR7 and Messi played with peak Kaka, Rivaldo, Ronaldiinho, Robinho, Raul, Henry, Ibrahimovich, Figo, Raul.

And we have their own A-list--Neymar, Hazard, Griezmann, Dembele, Mbappe, Iniesta, Isco, Xavi, Ribery, Schweinsteiger...

The difference is that unlike then, CR7 and Messi have longevity. If El Fenemeno didn't have his injury, he'd have had at least 5 Ballon D'Ors. If CR7 and Messi were playing with any of the other greats, they'd all share the Ballon D'Ors. So it'll be a three-way or four-way street instead of the two-way street that it is now.

CR7 and Messi play like gods every season (except a season when either has an injury which is rare). Now whoever wins the most prestigious trophies get the Ballon D'Or. It'd have been the same if El Fenemeno or Pele or Maradona was competing now.

Football didn't go down, you couldn't have asked for a better rivalry than CR7 and Messi in modern times. Heck Pele and Maradona didn't play at the same time, yet see how tumultuous their rivalry is. CR7 and Messi have been very professional about theirs even though they take each others Ballon D'Or. Both are breaking records every match they play in. It's unreal.

-Lord

One thing is sure Messi and Ronaldo have raised the Bar. I started watching football in 1993. The definition of World Class Striker used to be 30+ goals a season. Ronaldo da Lima in his best club season (96/97) scored 47 goals. We all went crazy. But he never matched that again. However, Messi and CR7 have equalled or bettered that feat on 6 different occasions each. Their consistency is what sets them apart.

Whether a fit Ronaldo da Lima might have done same, we will never know.

7 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by MediaDeveloper(m): 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
This one done enter!
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by Andrez123(m): 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
France is an overrated team at the world cup, the time of of the match and the bumpy nature of the pitch didn't help France but rather suited Australia better, I've got to say from what I've seen so far France will not be one of the favourites to win the world cup.

4 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by scarface04(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mbappe is one overrated player angry sad
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by chukzyfcbb: 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
P0intBlank:

One thing is sure Messi and Ronaldo have raised the Bar. I started watching football in 1993. The definition of World Class Striker used to be 30+ goals a season. Ronaldo da Lima in his best club season (96/97) scored 47 goals. We all went crazy. But he never matched that again. However, Messi and CR7 have equalled or bettered that feat on 6 different occasions each. Their consistency is what sets them apart.

Whether a fit Ronaldo da Lima might have done same, we will never know.

you may have a point tho, but then we can also argue that the defenders of yesteryears was more brutal and rugged than defender of today.

How many quality defenders can you call now. Trying to score 30goals in series A in those days was a big fit, the likes of nesta maldini, Lucio will cripple ya legs! Now higuain is doing it like its no mans business.

Ronaldo de Lima tried to do, and he was sentenced to a long term injury. You may say attackers got better, but I can say defenders got weaker.

5 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by safarigirl(f): 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
Sirfeeking:

Though I'm a big fan of Messi and CR7 but the bolded is a lie.The guy you quoted has said it all.
not totally

Messi and CR7 are dominating in a time of offside calls and many more changes to football. Most of these old time players may have had fancy foot work, but add all the little rules developed over time and you will see that they may not have scored as much goals or dominated as much.

And now that you add things like VAR and goal like technology, you find that football is a lot more difficult than it used to be

3 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by MobileGees: 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
Dave0116:
FTC for the first time... I deserve some accolades
oga no take that weed again.
the weed way you smoke to much for you

4 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by valnosky(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
Larryslim:
Thank God France won,if not everyone would have been against Paul Pogba again
Please what did Kante play??..
Naija match next for me grin
Argentina's match first b4 naija match
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by safarigirl(f): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

you may have a point tho, but then we can also argue that the defenders of yesteryears was more brutal and rugged than defender of today.

How many quality defenders can you call now. Trying to score 30goals in series A in those days was a big fit, the likes of nesta maldini, Lucio will cripple ya legs! Now higuain is doing it like its no mans business.

Ronaldo de Lima tried to do, and he was sentenced to a long term injury. You may say attackers got better, but I can say defenders got weaker.
football has become more civilized, it is not a wrestling game anymore. Technique wins games not brutality

We can say that a forward like Costa would have thrived back in the day far more than he is thriving now. There are now rules that prevent people from acting on their basest instincts, but even at that, we still find a defender like Ramos making harsh tackles.

Football has evolved and whether Ronaldo and co are better than Messi and co is something many will only speculate on. They did not play in the same era, so, they are all great in their own way.

There is no need to belittle the achievements of one set to make the other set look better.

6 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by DeeFlask(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Both of them ended Brazilian dominance of individual awards.

You know sometimes I wonder whether they have some supernatural powers.

Only Maradona, I repeat, ONLY Diego Maradona can be compared to these two men.
Until either of them win the WC twice the rest is history.
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by teemanbastos(m): 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
This France team never too understand themselves wella.. Hopefully, they'll communicate more in subsequent matches.
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by IeatPussy: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
3DCYCLOPS:

Haba now now una don turn the guy to Lebron James

grin
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
DeeFlask:

Until either of them win the WC twice the rest is history.
Winning World Cup doesn't makes one great, contributions to the tournament do.

Spain won the WC in 2010 but Forlan whose country came 4th won the Best Player of the tournament award and Messi whose country crashed in Quarter final won the Player of the year.

Greece won Euro Cup in 2004 yet not a single one of them were contenders for European best or World best. Nedved, whose country crashed out in the Semis won European Best that year and Ronaldinho world best.

Performance of individuals makes a player great.

3 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by jtwest(m): 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
MrDojo:

Brotherly, although I respect your opinion, I have to say you are wrong.

It's not that this generation of footballers are 'poorer' than the prev generation, it just that Messi and CR7 have been too good.

(In my humble opinion) I believe they would have dominated in any of those generations. The two of them make football look extremely easy...
Footy has changed from technicality and skills, to speed and stamina, you can see that ronaldo's skill has reduced sef

1 Like

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by Aldebaran(m): 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Winning start for France cheesy
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by sharpwriter(m): 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2018
engrjacuzzi:
First goal for Antonio Griesmann in a world cup. we are yet to see who gets the first red card
I hope it won't be Onazi grin
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by P0intBlank(m): 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

Maybe

BTW, HiguaĆ­n has only broken the 30 goal barrier in Seria A once. That was the only time it was broken in 10 years. So it's not as if everyone is scoring 30+

If defenders are weaker, every good striker would be doing so not just Messi and Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by flamingREED(m): 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everyone has forgotten Luis Figo
It's not fair o.
There was a time when greats filled Madrid:
From Carlos to Raul, Zidane to Ronaldo, Markalele to Figo, and so on. Their passes/control were shockingly accurate..

2 Likes

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by HitlerGaddafi: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

Attackers those days were better than what we have now. Then you fit count different species of attackers from outright number 9s to number 10s. Today the amount of true strikers out there no fit pass 4. Good Attackers like wingers and AMF are very few
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

I watched Nesta, Maldini and Lucio in their peak, but they can't be compared to Ramos, Pepe, Lahm, Chelini, etc.

Make we stop to de overrate them biko. The thing is players of now are more gifted and talented than those of yesteryears.
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by IeatPussy: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Man of the Match; VAR - you lot voted for it! So it's today's MOTM!

Frank Lampard Be like

Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by P0intBlank(m): 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
scarface04:
Mbappe is one overrated player angry sad

He's not overrated but he was underwhelming today.
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
flamingREED:
Everyone has forgotten Luis Figo

It's not fair o.

There was a time when greats filled Madrid:

From Carlos to Raul, Zidane to Ronaldo,
Markalele to Figo, and so on. Their passes/control were shockingly accurate..
What did they win? How many goals did they score combined?

FACT is this present RM squad beat those you mentioned.

I love Zoozoo, Figo (his wonders in Euro 2000) and Makalele (the most underrated DM as at then) but them no reach boys of today biko
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by P0intBlank(m): 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
IeatPussy:
Man of the Match; VAR - you lot voted for it! So it's today's MOTM!

Frank Lampard Be like

VAR is the new Big Brother
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by Boschh(m): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ngolo Kante is Truly a Beast of Burden..

Sublime Tackles, Great Vision etc.. He's just all over the Pitch, Timing Interceptions, and Giving the Midfield all the Stability they need..

9/10 for him..
Re: France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 by Omololu007(m): 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
Tecnofanboy:
thank u you pogba and France now remain Argentina to win and ov1.5 for my 215k ticket to click lord !!!!
go and be celebrating bro.

LA PULGA will make you proud cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Iheanacho, Iwobi & Eagles Train In London Ahead Of Senegal Clash (Photos) / Georgina Rodriguez Stuns in Cristiano Ronaldo-Inspired Dress (pics, Video) / Oshoala's Tweet About Barcelona's Men's Team Causes Controversy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.