Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? (6886 Views)

Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? / Brabus' World's Most Powerful Twelve-cylinder SUV Is 4½ Times The Price Of G63 / Confirmed: Rolls-royce Cullinan SUV Is Coming With Suicide Doors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by NaijadrivaCars: 8:39pm On May 13, 2020
I had a discussion with someone recently and something led to another and we argued about the cheapest SUV (what some call "JEEP"wink to maintain, also reliable and durable in Nigeria. I know that owing a car doesn't come cheap but some vehicles are cheaper to run. Why SUV and not a car? For some of us in the Abuja/Port Harcourt that are into contracts, you will agree with me that your dressing and car speaks volume. Imagine pursuing a contract of say 2million and you trekked to the office and your competitor came with a Lexus GX470, who do you think (if not God's Grace or 'long legs"wink will be given the jobs?

I recall that I went to see a Director one day for something, and though I dressed well, I trekked to the office (e be like say Personal Assistants to 'Ogas' get CCTV to monitor every person that enters their premises)., guess where he told me to sit....the LOBBY. The second day I came, well dressed and pulled up in my clean Honda Civic, guess where he told me to sit? IN HIS OFFICE (next to the Director's).

People tend to estimate your worth by the kind of car you drive and since one may not be too rich to own a Bentley Bentayga yet or a Mercedes Benz Brabus B63, we can also drive "jeep" to keep our image going since it helps in our line of trade.

Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? Please state with facts (price of engine/gearbox, general maintenance cost, etc).

cc: nurey, heavenlybang, gazzuzz, autolog
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:45pm On May 13, 2020
Nissan pathfinder or the equivalent of Infiniti qx4, Acura mdx is cheap too to maintain, all this is base on my own personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by NaijadrivaCars: 8:53pm On May 13, 2020
DaddyGngeess:
Nissan pathfinder or the equivalent of Infiniti qx4, Acura mdx is cheap too to maintain, all this is base on my own personal experience.

Are you sure? I dont think Acura MDX (Upgraded Honda Pilot) of any model and Infiniti QX4 (upgraded Nissan Pathfinder) How much does it cost to run monthly? - fuel inclusive.
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:00pm On May 13, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
I had a discussion with someone recently and something led to another and we argued about the cheapest SUV (what some call "JEEP"wink to maintain, also reliable and durable in Nigeria. I know that owing a car doesn't come cheap but some vehicles are cheaper to run. Why SUV and not a car? For some of us in the Abuja/Port Harcourt that are into contracts, you will agree with me that your dressing and car speaks volume. Imagine pursuing a contract of say 2million and you trekked to the office and your competitor came with a Lexus GX470, who do you think (if not God's Grace or 'long legs"wink will be given the jobs?

I recall that I went to see a director one day for something, and though I dressed well, I trekked to the office (e be like say Personal Assistants to 'Ogas' get CCTV to monitor every person that enters their premises)., guess where he told me to sit....the LOBBY. The second day I came, well dressed and pulled up in my clean Honda Civic, guess where he told me to sit? IN HIS OFFICE (next to the director's).

People tend to estimate your worth by the kind of car you drive and since one may not be too rich to own a Bentley Bentayga yet or a Mercedes Benz Brabus B63, we can also drive "jeep" to keep our image going since it helps in our line of trade.

Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? Please state with facts (price of engine/gearbox, general maintenance cost, etc).

There are no cheap SUV's to maintain. Rav4 and CRV are probably two of the cheapest. I've heard good things about the XC90, though.

5 Likes

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:01pm On May 13, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

I recall that I went to see a director one day for something, and though I dressed well, I trekked to the office (e be like say Personal Assistants to 'Ogas' get CCTV to monitor every person that enters their premises)., guess where he told me to sit....the LOBBY. The second day I came, well dressed and pulled up in my clean Honda Civic, guess where he told me to sit? IN HIS OFFICE (next to the director's).

one of the cheapest SUVs to maintain and it is front wheel drive.

https://www.nairaland.com/5850033/extremely-clean-foreign-used-honda

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by Marpol: 9:19pm On May 13, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

one of the cheapest SUVs to maintain and it is front wheel drive.

https://www.nairaland.com/5850033/extremely-clean-foreign-used-honda

Is good for serious off-roading?
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by NaijadrivaCars: 9:22pm On May 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

There are no cheap SUV's to maintain. Rav4 and CRV are probably two of the cheapest. I've heard good things about the XC90, though.

cc: valarinz what say you about XC90? Engine cost and general maintenance.
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by nurey(m): 9:49pm On May 13, 2020
if I would pick an affordable and reliable SUV that would give me the image I want and not common.

1999-2005
Isuzu/Acura/Opel Trooper/SLX/Monterey.

I have had a year personal experience with it not owned it sha.

1 Like

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by NaijadrivaCars: 10:02pm On May 13, 2020
nurey:
if I would pick an affordable and reliable SUV that would give me the image I want and not common.

1999-2005
Isuzu/Acura/Opel Trooper/SLX/Monterey.

I have had a year personal experience with it not owned it sha.

OK, but this one no follow again na. Well, it is not common.

Isuzu Trooper is produced between 1981-2002. E have teyed.

What about Isuzu Axiom?

1 Like

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by vertueptime: 10:14pm On May 13, 2020
Let me solve the problem, ford escape 2008/9/10 will do, economic, reliable, cheap, functionality and good looking Medina sized suv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by NaijadrivaCars: 10:18pm On May 13, 2020
vertueptime:
Let me solve the problem, ford escape 2008/9/10 will do, economic, reliable, cheap, functionality and good looking Medina sized suv

Ford Ke? But I see more of the older model of this 2008/9/10 model (see second pics below)

Both models below have slightly bad MPGs.

Imagine a 3.0L (auto) V6 having 12.4L/100km (city ) and 10.2L/100km (highway) while a Toyota Highlander with 3.3L V6 has 12.4L/100km (city) and 9.4L highway.

Their 2.3L i4 (manual trans) isn't any better.

Again, parts are expensive. I know what my neighbor that drives Ford Focus is crying sad
Oga forget am.

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by diportivo: 10:32pm On May 13, 2020
una never halla o angry
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:18am On May 14, 2020
Marpol:

Is good for serious off-roading?

A Prado will suffice cheesy
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by nurey(m): 5:20am On May 14, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

OK, but this one no follow again na. Well, it is not common.

Isuzu Trooper is produced between 1981-2002. E have teyed.

What about Isuzu Axiom?

same engine and transmission as the Trooper and Rodeo and their derivatives. What's more the transmission is shared with BMW 3 and 5series if 98-02.

come to think of it Axiom sounds like the sound made when you sneeze grin prepare for a lot of sorry when you mention the model of vehicle you are driving.

Me: whao nice truck, what model is it?

OP: It's Isuzu Axiom

Me: sorry dear have an hanky

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by Zane2point4(m): 10:55am On May 14, 2020
06 toyota highlander is the best.
Thank me later.
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by DrPurple(m): 11:11am On May 14, 2020
Toyota Rav4
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by vertueptime: 12:03pm On May 14, 2020
Iv used my for 6years nownever changed shaft or fuel pump,or any engine parts, thou i dnt give it out , I would vouch for the normal 4 cylinder not the V6, and this is the only Ford i like and can recommend and few of my friends bought cos of me, it has a good gas milage, small avg tank, and durable and dependable and dsnt have big common problems like transmission issues, the important maintenance note for ford is on no condition should you ever wash your engine with water , even professionally, yes the lights are a bit expensive, thats my take

NaijadrivaCars:

Ford Ke? But I see more of the older model of this 2008/9/10 model (see second pics below)

Both models below have slightly bad MPGs.

Imagine a 3.0L (auto) V6 having 12.4L/100km (city ) and 10.2L/100km (highway) while a Toyota Highlander with 3.3L V6 has 12.4L/100km (city) and 9.4L highway.

Their 2.3L i4 (manual trans) isn't any better.

Again, parts are expensive. I know what my neighbor that drives Ford Focus is crying sad
Oga forget am.
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by Yohh: 12:56pm On May 14, 2020
How about Rx300 Lexus?
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by NaijadrivaCars: 1:37pm On May 14, 2020
nurey:

come to think of it Axiom sounds like the sound made when you sneeze grin prepare for a lot of sorry when you mention the model of vehicle you are driving.

Me: whao nice truck, what model is it?

OP: It's Isuzu Axiom

Me: sorry dear have an hanky

grin

nurey: AXIOM

me: Bless you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by NaijadrivaCars: 2:15pm On May 14, 2020
DrPurple:
Toyota Rav4

Oil consumption and transmission issues

1 Like

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by Carfreak966: 2:18pm On May 14, 2020
Car gives some respect anywhere. The persons with cars are seen as people that have handled millions. Even if you are driving a pencil Camry

1 Like

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by NaijadrivaCars: 6:14pm On May 14, 2020
Carfreak966:
Car gives some respect anywhere. The persons with cars are seen as people that have handled millions. Even if you are driving a pencil Camry

Kah kah kah. haq haq haq cheesy

Sure?
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by olumzzz(m): 8:06pm On May 14, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Oil consumption and transmission issues
Not from 2010 model
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by Conductor261: 1:01am On May 15, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

I recall that I went to see a Director one day for something, and though I dressed well, I trekked to the office (e be like say Personal Assistants to 'Ogas' get CCTV to monitor every person that enters their premises)., guess where he told me to sit....the LOBBY. The second day I came, well dressed and pulled up in my clean Honda Civic, guess where he told me to sit? IN HIS OFFICE (next to the Director's).

cc: nurey, heavenlybanng, gazzuzbz, autoloig

Maintenance in what sense? Or repairs?

I'd vote for the LC 1999-2003.
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by holysaint1(m): 2:11am On May 15, 2020
Make: Lexus
Model: Rx 350
Type : SUV
Year: 2007
Mileage :126600
Condition :used
Transmission :Automatic
Description :very clean US used SUV with navigation system and reverse camera and chilling factory air condition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by twoMcfemad: 8:55am On May 15, 2020
Toyota 4runner?
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by NaijadrivaCars: 10:44pm On May 15, 2020
Conductor261:

Maintenance = +- repairs
What is LC?
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by revilomichaels(m): 4:34am On May 16, 2020
vertueptime:
Iv used my for 6years nownever changed shaft or fuel pump,or any engine parts, thou i dnt give it out , I would vouch for the normal 4 cylinder not the V6, and this is the only Ford i like and can recommend and few of my friends bought cos of me, it has a good gas milage, small avg tank, and durable and dependable and dsnt have big common problems like transmission issues, the important maintenance note for ford is on no condition should you ever wash your engine with water , even professionally, yes the lights are a bit expensive, thats my take

No vex
How do you now wash your engine?
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by revilomichaels(m): 4:37am On May 16, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Two things Nigerians consider

Fuel consumption

Body parts

You can’t have an SUV and don’t spend a lot but there are baby SUVs that are not fully an SUV

Honda CR-V
Rav-4
Kia Sportage

These are the cheapest. They are small, come with small engines and their fuel economy and body parts are relatively cheap compared to High lander ,RX, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by LordTerix: 6:19am On May 16, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

There is nothing like a cheap SUV (fuel, parts or labour) unless you mean those pretenders with FWD or completely useless AWD systems grin

That being said, if your problem na 'packaging' inside 'jeep', no choice will beat the RX330.
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by LordTerix: 6:24am On May 16, 2020
Conductor261:

You dey quote LC for OP wey im problem no be versatility or raw abilty only shoulder pad packaging?

You know the fuel wey that 100 series the take so?!

Kukuma kill OP grin grin
Re: Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? by vertueptime: 9:28am On May 16, 2020
Tinner , carb cleaner or Petrol, then use damp cloth to wipe. Polish where necessary

revilomichaels:

No vex
How do you now wash your engine?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing Mercedes (W221) S-class Crash/repair Pics.. / Hyundai/kia/mitsubishi owners, sp-iii ATF Is Sacrosanct & in stock / How Much Do Uber Drivers Make Weekly In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.