Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? (25054 Views)

Coach Rohr Spotted With A Beautiful Lady After Semi Final / Super Eagles Coach, Rohr Names Four Strikers To Represent Nigeria In Egypt / Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by captainamiedi1: 11:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
skarlett:
Stop using tired legs!!!

Most of our players were lazy and lousy on the pitch and I believe its a sign of old age catching up with them. Go round Nigeria, watch the NPFL matches, there are a lot of young talents waiting to be given a chance. Stop using tired legs!

is it thesame npfl players that cannot win CAF champions league?? or that cannot win home base nations cup we need to go to the grass root and develop talent from there. home base are worst than buhari administration.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by sam79(m): 11:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Any team lacking creative mildfielders like Nigeria most possess dangerously marauding full back to support the wingers. That the only outlet for such a team.
Mikel shouldn't have played. He is more of lauxry defensive midfielder - no creative spark apart from playing ineffective long ball to an isolated striker - against a team that sit deep..
That not gonna work..
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by Swiftlee(m): 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Oya, go and look. Hope you people are happy now? The pig was killed. www.nairaland.com/4566080/breaking-news-angry-nigrian-killed
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by joinnow: 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
I know say the coach already don pack his clothes for box my only advise is for him to do the boxes of his clothes waybill to his country so that after our the last group match he go follow train return back home.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by MrEgghead(m): 11:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
sam79:
Nothing wrong with d deployed tactics n no player was played outside their favorite position.....
The Games was lost cos Nigeria full back were not functional thus making Moses and Iwobi to drop deep especially in the first half...
Robbing d team of width n marauding runs modern full back do. Withhout support from full backs Nigeria wingers were easier to stop n it narrows the options available for the mild fielders/center forwards....

The full backs despite offering no support to d midfield n attacks defended poorly on one on one situation...

If I were the coach - I would have replaced d full backs earlier in the second half.

Thumbs up...There was no support at all was from the full backs..Modern football entails the full backs to corroborate the attackers while attacking and retreat aptly while defending ; Its so unfortunate we lack the right personnel for that.
I thought he'd even bring Ebuehi and play 3: 4:3 in the second half. Our performances with 3-4-3 in previous games had been relatively better. A good coach plays to his team's strength.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by Sttropez2: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
No advice...Messi will see Nigeria now and start scoring us like we stole the goat he did photo shoot with
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by UrRealG: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
cry

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by mimicue(f): 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
I don’t watch ball, I don’t know much , but from what I see , too much butter boys on the field jarey , they had better enter street and source for raw talents, most of those guys can’t play shii , they were just too slow and weren’t getting it right

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by knowhowk: 11:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
Probably a better Play might come up in there Next Match .
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by oooduancalmdown: 11:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
skarlett:
Stop using tired legs!!!

Most of our players were lazy and lousy on the pitch and I believe its a sign of old age catching up with them. Go round Nigeria, watch the NPFL matches, there are a lot of young talents waiting to be given a chance. Stop using tired legs!
You have forgotten most of your super eagles players once played for NPFL

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by Obidikejr(m): 11:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
knowhowk:
If you were to advise the Super Eagles coach what would you say ? Changes to be made who to be used for which wing .Do comment .

Nigeria team lacks speed. Got tired quickly but claimed to be youngest squad in the tournament... Lol... Soon as I saw the attack was not anything close to giving a goal I thought the coach should have flip to a 4-4-2 ...Musa and Moses at the wings... Mikel and Ndidi as CM , Ighalo and Iheaneacho as Forwards. Simple
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by nashito(m): 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
yertyr:
Today, we played a wrong formation.
Many players were playing out of there favoured position
maybe the formation was to contain rakitic and modric but it clearly failed
Nigeria has never been good with aerial balls - thats an identity,
We can be forgiven for that but we didnt even look like troubling croatia cos we didnt play to our strength
Mikel was dropping deep to his favoured position leaving only ighalo.
Imagine mikel in between rakitic and modric.
moses took too long to swap to the other wing and even when he did, We seem to always attack from right
The best bet is to change formation and play a 4-1-2-3 formation
with ndidi, mikel and etebo
mikel can drop freely to fling accurate cross balls to the wing, etebo making the runs and ndidi acting the destructive role.
Iwobi lacked service today seriously, I think he is still better than musa.
The only good point today is Etebo.

You sabi football jareh. Etebor was exceptionally outstanding.Kelechi should be tried in that No 9 role next match.

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by David160(m): 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
yertyr:
We can be forgiven for that but we didnt even look like troubling croatia cos we didnt play to our strength
moses took too long to swap to the other wing and even when he did, We seem to always attack from right
mikel can drop freely to fling accurate cross balls to the wing, etebo making the runs and ndidi acting the destructive role.

resign
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Quit!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by kumai00(m): 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
yertyr:

.MY BROTHER UR A REASONABLE MAN.U KNW FOOTBALL..
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by kumai00(m): 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
MrEgghead:
Thumbs up...There was no support at all was from the full backs..Modern football entails the full backs to corroborate the attackers while attacking and retreat aptly while defending ; Its so unfortunate we lack the right personnel for that.
I thought he'd even bring Ebuehi and play 3: 4:3 in the second half. Our performances with 3-4-3 in previous games had been relatively better. A good coach plays to his team's strength.
.PLS TELL THIS NAIRALAND ILLETRATES.ALL THEY DO IS CRICTICISE.WITHOUT REASONING

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by josessybj: 12:03am On Jun 17, 2018
World cup is meant for men not boys like Mikel, ighalo, ididi, iwobi and others. I was not surprised because i know my country, i knew what they could do. We cant defeat or draw any country in our group. if possible we won't score a goal in the world cup before we go home. Nigeria is a disgrace.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 17, 2018
After the match against Argentina, you guys should just disperse to your various clubs. If i see any of you for Nigeria ehn cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by Litmus: 12:10am On Jun 17, 2018
vicmatias:
Super eagles tried but they should work more on counter attack, they should create more counter attacks instead of just running up and down wasting opportunities

Thank you.

Upon how those Nigerian boys run-reach, run-sotey them run leave their thinking on our side of the half way line and sweated until they suddenly all looked dried short and black, some people still the shout sey them no run enough. A pitch full of Hussain Bolt in green Jersey will still loose football matches without faster thinking brains. If we are going to keep shouting for our footballes to run ever faster we had better find ways of imbuing them faster thinking facilities.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by NOBLE179(m): 12:15am On Jun 17, 2018
4:3:3
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by clemmonce(m): 12:17am On Jun 17, 2018
Lordcenturion2:
This coach is useless, how dare u play Mikel behind a lone striker?, even a novice know that Mikel is a DMF, and Mikel can't play 90 minutes anymore, at least 55 minutes of play for Mikel... 3 man defence would have been favour, Croatia play 3 man defence and it shoke our attack, the last time rohr tested 3 man defence against Argentina last year, it was successful..

*Uzoho.

*Kennet omeruo,Leon Balogun,Ekong.

*moses,Mikel,Etebo,Ndidi,Idowu.

*Kelechi,Ighalo

Sub Mikel out for John ogu*

Wen u need goal, U can Sub Idowu out for Musa*

U can sub ighalo out for simy*

If u wanna defend, u remove moses for Abdullahi.

If I were the coach, I will never start Mikel and onazi, from the beginning of the match wen I see Mikel behind ighalo, I knew that something is gonna be wrong.
everybody is a coach in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by Citizenshelm: 12:24am On Jun 17, 2018
Watch the highlights Nigeria lost their opener to Croatia (2-0)

Nigeria lost their opener to Croatia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01s8n66UWHc

Mynd44 Dominique Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by okechukwu101: 12:31am On Jun 17, 2018
Luxuryconsult:
is this your own advice to Rohr?
Why must you post this rubbish here? Why
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by okechukwu101: 12:32am On Jun 17, 2018
Luxuryconsult:
is this your own advice to Rohr?
my brother sorry. i was trying to reply the guy who put up that betting stuff.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by olumide4christ: 12:46am On Jun 17, 2018
skarlett:
Stop using tired legs!!!

You completely spoke my mind!!!
These crop of players are not hungry for success...there's no drive in them! The home grown players will do better - have we ever asked why our players at the age group competitions do better though they're mostly drawn from the local league or even the amateur leagues?

Also, I believe that any coach that will succeed with the Super Eagles now must go for grooming of players just like Westerhof did, not just using ready-made foreign based players like this coach has done. He dropped even the best strikers in the local league for these foreign based players that could make shots on target, let alone score goals.

I hope NFF is learning...they should make it mandatory for any coach they engage to build players from the local league upwards.
BTW how many players of Iceland are foreign based & local based?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by Joshmodest(m): 1:17am On Jun 17, 2018
He should resign... he is a very inexperienced coach... Co's he's white.. we don't see all this.. even Bobrisky will qualify us for the world cup!!!
Very clueless coach!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by Alex80s(m): 5:04am On Jun 17, 2018
He should use Nwankwo as top striker cos of his height while ighalo supports him, he has ball control, skills and strength, esp Argentina as Rojo and Otamendi are very short to him.

Mikel shouldn't start any match. Etebo and ndidi are good enough.

He should Use Ebuehi and Echiejina who is a gifted left back. I think Idowu is dull. And his left foot is not natural.
Balogun and Ekong are good.
Sub Musa and Ogu and Sometimes Mikel.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by no1madman(m): 6:09am On Jun 17, 2018
Adukey:
That Victor Moses just dey fall anyhow like person Wey no get stamina. It's all good though, eagles for the win cheesy
So sad. .suck my motha facking dicckk . Abeg!

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by IykeBazz(m): 6:15am On Jun 17, 2018
Morocco lost 1:0 to Iran
Egypt lost 1:0 to Uruguay
Nigeria lost 2:0 to Croatia
The way Africa is going eeh I think we should just focus in fighting corruption

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by otokx(m): 6:20am On Jun 17, 2018
Rohr has lost it, he should just go. The lie that our team is young and inexperienced is from the pit of hell.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? by Adukey(f): 6:35am On Jun 17, 2018
no1madman:

So sad. .suck my motha facking dicckk . Abeg!
You be real mad man, lol.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... / Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England / Hope Uzodimma Receives Desire Oparanozie, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Osinachi Ohale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.