Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha (665 Views)

Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali / Etebo Replies A Fan Who Said He Played Rubbish Against Croatia / Aka Udofia Offers $20,000 Per Goal Scored By Eagles Against Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by Nairatrenders: 10:21am On Jun 17, 2018
Former Super Eagles captain Austin Okocha has slammed Gernot Rohr for his poor tactical approach in Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat to Croatia in their opening game at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia,
An own goal from Oghenekaro Eteno and a penalty from Luka Modric extended Nigeria’s winless streak in opening World Cup game to four.

Okocha who starred for Nigeria in three FIFA World Cups in 1994, 1998 and 2002 also faulted the team’s poor defending which led to the two goals conceded in each half.

“It was a decent first half but maturity was the edge the Croatian team had over the Nigerian team,” Okocha said on SuperSport, where he was a guest analyst, after the game.

“The Super Eagles got done by the movements of the Croatian team in their box. The Super Eagles midfielders were not doing their best both in defending and in attack.
“Eagles didn’t geg the best out of Alex Iwobi and Victor Moses because the manager was trying to accommodate Mikel Obi in the team.

“The manager didn’t earn his money today. We were not a threat in the first half and I was expecting him to play three at the back, five players in the midfield and two strikers to the team a chance to get back into the game.

“It is sad because I know we can do better than this. Of course there is still hope but we have to do it the hard way now.
“These (Croatians) are world class players who know how to win by exploiting little details.”
Okocha also blamed Rohr for deploying Mikel in the creative role.

“We didn’t have a creative player today,” the former Nigeria No.10 added. “Mikel has been a good servant to the national team. His best position is playing in front of the defence. We saw what he did playing for Chelsea where he had a glorious career.

“The most creative player in that team is Alex Iwobi but he was played on the flanks. He (Iwobi) can play on the flanks at Arsenal because they had better players in that role like Mesut Ozil.

“The reason why we lost was because we played our best players out of their positions.
“Playing Mikel in that position didn’t help Moses and Iwobi on the flanks.”

@NAIRATREND

SOURCE-
https://nairatrend.com.ng/rohr-used-the-wrong-tactics-for-eagles-against-croatia-okocha/

Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by pyyxxaro: 10:26am On Jun 17, 2018
The Coach foolish pass Buhari and that evil pig grin

Make e just pass there de go e country

because if i catch am for airport ehn, I go slide tackle am join table

3 Likes

Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by Mutemenot(m): 10:29am On Jun 17, 2018
Its a past tense. The game disgraced we Nigerians beyond our imagination, even the prophetic pig had to find its way to avoid jungle justice

Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by hector1046(m): 10:31am On Jun 17, 2018
Like I said in a related post, the Nigerian players cannot perform more than their ability, even though I believe the coach has not impacted anything to the team since taking over the job, they lack so many things as a team that I cannot begin to mention, well

'This is Nigeria'
Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by Oritzy: 10:34am On Jun 17, 2018
pyyxxaro:
The Coach foolish pass Buhari and that evil pig grin

Make e just pass there de go e country

because if i catch am for airport ehn, I go slide tackle am join table
hahahaha guy you wicked
Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 17, 2018
Nice one okocha.

You are playing a 4-5-1 formation and you think ighalo of all strikers we have will do the magic!

Okocha should apply for rohr's position smiley
Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by omar22(m): 10:56am On Jun 17, 2018
Rubbish?

Its not the managers fault that a Nigerian defender rugby tackled another player to the ground in the penalty box. Even if the ref didnt see it theirs VAR and the own goal well thats unfortunate.

Okocha another armchair manager if he think that he has all the answers why dont he offer to manage the national team.
Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by noblejoeuc: 11:01am On Jun 17, 2018
Imagine what could have happened if Nigeria played with Spaingrin

Well is not my business, all this starts with Mr. President
Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by Nairatrend: 11:02am On Jun 17, 2018
omar22:
Rubbish?

Its not the managers fault that a Nigerian defender rugby tackled another player to the ground in the penalty box. Even if the ref didnt see it theirs VAR and the own goal well thats unfortunate.

Okocha another armchair manager if he think that he has all the answers why dont he offer to manage the national team.

Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by nov19(m): 11:19am On Jun 17, 2018
JayJay was spot on with his analysis.

Mikel cannot play behind our no.9

Ighalo with just 1 goal in the world cup qualifiers and no goal in all 5 friendlies show he is not the man for the job.

etebo, moses, nwobi should player behind Ihanacho

mikel should play deep just like modric did for Croatia.

Our right back is slow and don't know where to be at what time.

We have the next game to get things right.

The strength of this team is attack not defence.

The team should focus more in scoring because this defence is sure to concede in any 90 minutes game.
Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by Nairatrend: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
sad
omar22:
Rubbish?

Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by Bigmugu: 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
angry
Re: Rohr Used The Wrong Tactics For Eagles Against Croatia - Okocha by Manlikemen: 8:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
angry

(1) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic: "I Would've Been The President Of The United States" / Twitter Reacts As Cristiano Ronaldo Moves Top Of The Serie A Scorer's Chart / Official: Juventus Are The 2018/2019 ��serie A Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.