Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,215 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (587566 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 9:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
Mystique20:

Hi,
I don't know if you've gotten the accommodation situation settled, but you can try the link below. They often ask the applicant to send requests pretty early, but i hope you find something, best of luck !

https://www.stw-thueringen.de/english/housing/residential-homes/weimar/index.html

is not me dear

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Armstrong34(m): 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
Mystique20:

Hi,
I don't know if you've gotten the accommodation situation settled, but you can try the link below. They often ask the applicant to send requests pretty early, but i hope you find something, best of luck !

https://www.stw-thueringen.de/english/housing/residential-homes/weimar/index.html

.....please fellow nairalanders.... is it possible to get admission with just 1st semester 100L transcript ....or is it mandatory I apply with both first and second semester's transcript for admission
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 9:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
johndan103:

Thanks, Amen.

When did you do your interview?

not yet
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by seyipeters(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2019
Armstrong34:
.....please fellow nairalanders.... is it possible to get admission with just 1st semester 100L transcript ....or is it mandatory I apply with both first and second semester's transcript for admission
First year transcript. That's 1st and second semester .

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzy4God: 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2019
sahm4u2nv:
Please,if uniassist didn't send VPD untill the deadline of the
Your application is not complete. Is either you have not pay your application fee to uni-assist or you didn't send all the required documents to them. And I believe that they have send the VPD informing you what is still holding your application. Thats why is good to apply on time. They send me VPD like three times informing me that my application was incomplete and list the document that is needed. Mail them through question mail. They will reply you.

God bless.

school one is applying too, hope one is still safe.
Today's is the deadline of the schools I'm applying to under uniassist but they are yet to send VPD so as to apply directly under that school, below is my attached application status

Thanks in advance

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ferguson1: 11:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
Please my people what do you guys have to say about Dortmund university of science and arts.
Going through the thread i have not seen any body applying there, do we have students over there?
What's the city like?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ogoonna: 12:14am On Jan 17, 2019
Standid:
Good evening comrades......Please i need urgent help. Im set to apply to for winter 2019 at uni bayreuth. Their requirements is A-level result. My question is does my 100 level transcript serve as sufficient?

The school does direct application without uniassist.

Please help with clearance.
I think it should be tho im not sure,. Please id really need a date too man or can h share me the secret on how to do it?? Please pm me, thank you

PS: I can help those who need interview dates secure one. I've done 6 in d past 3 days.

Just mail me ur details and I'll help u. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ogoonna: 12:16am On Jan 17, 2019
Standid:
Good evening comrades......Please i need urgent help. Im set to apply to for winter 2019 at uni bayreuth. Their requirements is A-level result. My question is does my 100 level transcript serve as sufficient?

The school does direct application without uniassist.

Please help with clearance.

PS: I can help those who need interview dates secure one. I've done 6 in d past 3 days.

Just mail me ur details and I'll help u. Thanks
Hello bro, think that 100l should be sufficient but im not sure tho. And id really like a date man or u can tell me the secret on how to do it, please. I tried to pm u but e no work, if u can pm abeg id really appreciate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ogoonna: 12:26am On Jan 17, 2019
Well after the advice previously i did resent the email again with a the same subject i had been using on the other mail but this time i added ( as requested by the embassy) i sent it on monday, then on tuesday, i go this reply from them.
And they were replying to the email i sent on Monday, instead of the one I sent on the2nd of January as if they didn’t receive. It was heartbreaking.
I don’t know if I should ask the sch for a enrollment extension because im sure uts Because of the time frame that they sent that email.

pompido:

Appeal is the only response to a visa application rejection! You had zero chance of losing the appeal because the rejection was not as a result of your performance or false documents. The reason was due to incomplete admission document sent by the school.

By opting for a new appointment date, you were initiating a completely new application process different from the one you were given a rejection. My guess is that they did not respond because they expect you to book another appointment via their portal again.

Wishing you the best.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 17, 2019
physle:
hello, gurus in the house

i would like you guys to help out with the prepaid dhl. I'm ali2 bit confused about it, Am I to buy the local or international prepaid and waht address will i put on it cause i've bn asked for the address and dont know what to do anymore.

please someone should help with this abeg .........its kinda urgent my interview is stated on monday.
Local prepaid
From the German embassy as address to your home address

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 2:39am On Jan 17, 2019
lilfreezy:

Thanks for this. Does it mean i have to also include my secondary school testimonial among the list of certified documents to be sent to Germany?

If it's not requested for, there's no need to.

It's the waec result that's asked for most times, not testimonial
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 2:55am On Jan 17, 2019
Armstrong34:
It's stated as first year transcript, not first semester transcript.
So, chill till the session ends and get your transcript.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kloneboi: 5:30am On Jan 17, 2019
Good morning house, please do we have applicants at TU BERGADEMIE FREIBERG?[b][/b] bachelor or masters.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kloneboi: 5:32am On Jan 17, 2019
good morning house, please do we have applicants at TU BERGADEMIE FREIBERG? bachelor or masters

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Awilibogy(m): 7:23am On Jan 17, 2019
Good morning House

A school I applied for in Germany is requesting for my certificate that the statement of result i uploaded is not enough for admission. I graduated 2016/2017, our certificate is not ready yet, what should I do?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lilfreezy: 7:59am On Jan 17, 2019
Deustchemann:

If it's not requested for, there's no need to.

It's the waec result that's asked for most times, not testimonial

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by adejosh3: 8:03am On Jan 17, 2019
Please with an undergraduate CGPA of 3.17 in a Nigerian uni can l be admitted to any school in Germany for International relations, please l need reply on this pls.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 8:07am On Jan 17, 2019
Definitely yes..your cgpa is good to go

adejosh3:
Please with an undergraduate CGPA of 3.17 in a Nigerian uni can l be admitted to any school in Germany for International relations, please l need reply on this pls.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 8:15am On Jan 17, 2019
Can you get the certificate if admitted?
If yes, mail the school telling them your certificate isn't ready and give then the time it would be Ready, if possibly get an attestation letter from your school stating truly your certificate isn't ready and when it would be ready and forward to the school/schools you are applying to, you might be lucky they would give you till enrollment if admitted to present the certificate

Awilibogy:
Good morning House

A school I applied for in Germany is requesting for my certificate that the statement of result i uploaded is not enough for admission. I graduated 2016/2017, our certificate is not ready yet, what should I do?

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lilfreezy: 8:16am On Jan 17, 2019
adejosh3:

Yes you can. Use the link to convert your cgpa to German scale https://msingermany.co.in/german-grade-calculator/
Have it in mind that while 5 represents the strongest and 1 represents the weakest in the Nigerian grading system, it's quite the opposite in German scale where 1 represents the strongest and 4 represents the weakest. So if you get 2.5 or lesser in a German scale, you are good to go. However, this may vary for some course.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by adejosh3: 8:48am On Jan 17, 2019
Fabcol:
Definitely yes..your cgpa is good to go
Thank you very much..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by adejosh3: 8:49am On Jan 17, 2019
lilfreezy:

Yes you can. Use the link to convert your cgpa to German scale https://msingermany.co.in/german-grade-calculator/
Have it in mind that while 5 represents the strongest and 1 represents the weakest in the Nigerian grading system, it's quite the opposite in German scale where 1 represents the strongest and 4 represents the weakest. So if you get 2.5 or lesser in a German scale, you are good to go. However, this may vary for some course.
Thanks so much bro..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 17, 2019
mavrom8:
Guy, I need advice on an issue am currently worried about..
I converted my CGPA to Germany grade using TUM calculator and got 2.6... What are my options of getting admission for MSc Even if it's on a less competitive course??

To the gurus in the house, what will you advice I do??
Please and real worried about this and don't know what to do that will be right.. I need advice please...

Your 2.6 is even good. I got admission with a 2.9 cgpa, German scale oo... So relax. There are schools. Here are a few off the top of my head:

Kiel
Anhalt (where I got admitted)
Paderbon
Passau
Bamberg
Beuth, Berlin

Do your research well, have a sound letter of motivation, work experience helps.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mavrom8: 10:11am On Jan 17, 2019
delivite:

Your 2.6 is even good. I got admission with a 2.9 cgpa, German scale oo... So relax. There are schools. Here are a few off the top of my head:

Kiel
Anhalt (where I got admitted)
Paderbon
Passau
Bamberg
Beuth, Berlin

Do your research well, have a sound letter of motivation, work experience helps.

Good luck.

Wow.... 2.9 What course please Thanks for this... Confidence boost... Glory be to God... My testimony is sure...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 10:42am On Jan 17, 2019
Awilibogy:
Good morning House

Your statement of result should carry a notice saying it is in lieu of the certificate and valid for a period. Highlight this period to them while explaining that certificates usually take 2 years to be ready for collection (hence the statement of result). If you can get a letter from your school stating that the certificate is not ready, that might help....

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2019
Ogoonna:
Well after the advice previously i did resent the email again with a the same subject i had been using on the other mail but this time i added ( as requested by the embassy) i sent it on monday, then on tuesday, i go this reply from them.
And they were replying to the email i sent on Monday, instead of the one I sent on the2nd of January as if they didn’t receive. It was heartbreaking.
I don’t know if I should ask the sch for a enrollment extension because im sure uts Because of the time frame that they sent that email.

Sorry about this. I see that it seems you have a test (or is that the enrollment deadline?) on the 29th of Jan. When asking for an extension, calculate at least 4 weeks visa processing time. If you get an extension that can give you that much time, good. If not, get the extension asap and still send it to the embassy and hope for the best.

In the meantime, plan to withdraw your application, start applying to the same school (and course, stating the challenges that made you miss the initial admission (this is usually a sweet spot for your SOP). They usually consider this and should give you a new admission without fuss). Also apply to other schools too in the meantime.

Alternatively, send this response from the embassy to the school and as for any or all of the following:
a. Enrollment or exam extension
b. Possible automatic admission for the next available semester (They can automatically give you an admission place and letter for the next entry semester. If that semester is a year away, they can confirm your admission by email and specify when the new admission letter will be sent to you)
c. Plan to withdraw your application and let the school know this step (and why), but state clearly that you are still very interested in the course and as such would be reapplying (this is if the first 2 options are not feasible)

Wish you all the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ogoonna: 11:28am On Jan 17, 2019
Thank you bro, i told the sch about it and the school offered to send me another letter for the next semester in a few days already and asked for my address to send the letter, but I don’t know if i can press the issue to them and ask them for an enrollment extension?? And see if embassy can give me a date or something Or do i just take the next semester letter tht they’ve offered already?
If u were in my position what would u do??

pompido:

Sorry about this. I see that it seems you have a test (or is that the enrollment deadline?) on the 29th of Jan. When asking for an extension, calculate at least 4 weeks visa processing time. If you get an extension that can give you that much time, good. If not, get the extension asap and still send it to the embassy and hope for the best.

In the meantime, plan to withdraw your application, start applying to the same school (and course, stating the challenges that made you miss the initial admission (this is usually a sweet spot for your SOP). They usually consider this and should give you a new admission without fuss). Also apply to other schools too in the meantime.

Alternatively, send this response from the embassy to the school and as for any or all of the following:
a. Enrollment or exam extension
b. Possible automatic admission for the next available semester (They can automatically give you an admission place and letter for the next entry semester. If that semester is a year away, they can confirm your admission by email and specify when the new admission letter will be sent to you)
c. Plan to withdraw your application and let the school know this step (and why), but state clearly that you are still very interested in the course and as such would be reapplying (this is if the first 2 options are not feasible)

Wish you all the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 11:37am On Jan 17, 2019
Ogoonna:
Thank you bro, i told the sch about it and the school offered to send me another letter for the next semester in a few days already and asked for my address to send the letter, but I don’t know if i can press the issue to them and ask them for an enrollment extension?? And see if embassy can give me a date or something Or do i just take the next semester letter tht they’ve offered already?
If u were in my position what would u do??

The race is not to the swift. I would accept the next semester offer and withdraw my present visa application with the embassy (stating that you have been offered admission for next semester so you would be reapplying for visa once winter dates open).

Also tell the school to send you a softcopy by email so you can book for visa interview as early as possible (considering the scarcity that occurs for winter applicants)

Relax, sit back and plan better than ever. You have the advantage now. Use the time you have to get ready for the sojourn....

All the best

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 11:52am On Jan 17, 2019
HI GUYS
I GOT A REJECTION MAIL FROM UNIVERSITY OF KIEL TWO DAYS AGO BUT I WON'T LET THAT GET TO ME.

So, I want to send my documents to the Regensburg university via postal MAIL. my budget is 4 to 5k and I am considering NIPOST A but I was told nipost takes too much time and disappoints.
So, I'm looking for someone on here who wants to send their documents to Germany via DHL so that we can share the cost together.

Is not easy really!

PM me if you are interested....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chimax1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ndkings1:
HI GUYS
I GOT A REJECTION MAIL FROM UNIVERSITY OF KIEL TWO DAYS AGO BUT I WON'T LET THAT GET TO ME.

So, I want to send my documents to the Regensburg university via postal MAIL. my budget is 4 to 5k and I am considering NIPOST A but I was told nipost takes too much time and disappoints.
So, I'm looking for someone on here who wants to send their documents to Germany via DHL so that we can share the cost together.

Is not easy really!

PM me if you are interested....
sorry about that bro..pls what was your German grade and what course did you apply to?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oladecoolz(m): 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Good morning e-fam
please has anyone ever gotten admission to RWTH Aachen University with proof of English-language proficiency letter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.