Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation (74124 Views)

De Gea Criticizes Man Utd Players After 4 - 1 Defeat To Watford / Messi Criticizes Eric Abidal For Saying Barca Players Don't Work Hard / Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Amozever12: 8:22am On Jun 18, 2018
I think Rohr must be a learner to have refused to yield 2 corrections. All I want is 4 us 2 qualify 2 d next round or else what happened in 1884 will repeat itself...
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Ndonu101: 8:23am On Jun 18, 2018
Esemena105:

My only problem with this team is musa and mikel starting, I prefer iwobi from attacking midfield role while kelechi for musa, and etubo to partner ndidi. Etubo was basically our best player.

I agree, Etebo was our best player against Croatia

Iwobi should be subbing Mikel
Iwobi has no fighting spirit, sometimes you need players with the drive to fight in order to win a match

Musa may not be the best technically but his pace is more dangerous than Iwobi’s passing. It is easier to defend against Iwobi than Musa. I would rather defend against Iwobi than Musa. Iwobi is predictable.

Even the pundits on BBC pointed out that Nigeria looked better in a 3-5-2 in second half against England and wondered why the manager went back to 4-3-2-1
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by dealslip(f): 8:37am On Jun 18, 2018
Ndonu101:
How many times did Modric play a straight long ball to Shehu wing?

Croatia clearly knew Shehu Abdullahi was a weak link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpW5SZJEKc
Not only was he the weak link, he conceded the two penalties that resulted in the goals
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by degamemaster(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2018
Nigerians, we have millions of "coaches" all sitting down in their various homes and be pointing fingers to someone else .

Well, as for the same topic, I support Okocha because he is talking from personal experience so gernot rohr or "raw groundnut" (whatever his name is) should heed to the advise of our legend or risk being owed months salaries. If he doubt me, he should ask Oliseh.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2018
I don't believe any tactical formation would have won us the match.

Croatia simply had a better quality, physical & more experienced team than us.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Femijohn198: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2018
okocha go and sit down during your time playing for super eagle what did you won.leave Rohr alone.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Solowande(m): 9:07am On Jun 18, 2018
tiwiex:

On a serious not, I would like to see another ex Eagle coach the Eagle. So far, it can't be worse than this. What do we have to lose? It also adds some character to the national team. There was a lot to say when when Keshi and Oliseh were in charge. This is boring and not engaging at all.
u talks well. But are they ready to face the world �
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Werehkpe: 9:09am On Jun 18, 2018
hollandis:
When Okocha talks Rohr should keep quiet

Okocha's don coach before? No be to sit don inside studio de run mouth be coaching o!

If in doubt, ask Gary Neville.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by gentlegenius(m): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2018
modaink333:
If you like play 2, 4, 6, 8, we can't let the pig down
The pig was joking...
Stop talking about pigs and face your problems on the pitch.

Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by principalgee: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2018
Whether 5 3 2 or 8 1 1 or 6 2 2 or 1 9 or 9 1 or 4 4 2 or 10, all me sha know b say Nigeria must carry d world cup. Finish#
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by emmydio(m): 9:47am On Jun 18, 2018
For any team that lost in world cup opener so far , there has always been criticism. So no body should say Nigerians are d only ppl criticising their players.

Now! the truth remains that football will always produce a winner and a loosed but it all depends on how a team played. It's not all about formation ( it matters a lot shaa ), It's all about the experience of the players. And how can a team win without unity?

Pig am sorry but am not seeing Nigeria getting a draw from any of Iceland or Argentina. Mey dem kom house with die quarrel, foolish team.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Gap2020(m): 9:50am On Jun 18, 2018
Ndonu101:
Gernot Rohr is not very clever

The set pieces were not exclusive events, the corner kicks came about because we did not control the game. May be in a 3-5-2 formation those corner will not have happened at the time they happened

Omeruo played in Middlesbrough and has experience of defending long balls. He is also a World Cup veteran but somehow not good enough to start. Please we need Omeruo in a 3 man back line

Ahmed Musa is a key player for us. We need his pace for 90 minutes, not 20 minutes. Another World Cup veteran sitting on the bench. He scored 2 against almighty Argentina at the last World Cup

Lack of wing play killed us. Iwobi is not a winger

We need Ebuehi, Musa, Moses in the pitch to give us some pace
We control the game to some extent at least 6 corner kicks 2/3 free kicks directly to their box and some dribbling across non was utilized. If a country like Germany had such against any team they're gone. I will criticize him for playing most of our players out of positions. Finally, the formation is good but the players not determined to win.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 18, 2018
anytexy:
what is set pieces I beg guys?
Corner kicks, free kicks, penalty kicks. Use Google.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by elonize(m): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2018
Nigerian bloggers wit dier nonsense blog,wer did e criticized okocha now
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by adadioranmah(f): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2018
sharpwriter:

Lol... it's a beautiful thing to see a female passionate about her country's football team.

The passion will pay when they win. For now, I am from Mexico cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by BluntBoy(m): 10:38am On Jun 18, 2018
emeernest:
I don't believe any tactical formation would have won us the match.

Croatia simply had a better quality, physical & more experienced team than us.

But the Croats were equally bad. It had nothing to do with quality.

They had an own goal and a penalty. Their midfield was clearly overrated. If Rohr had come to take risks, we would have beaten them silly. But Rohr came to play cautious as though he came to get a draw.

Look at Iceland. They threw everything at Messi to keep him quiet and even when they conceded, they risked their plan by getting an equilizer four minutes later.

What I still cannot understand is what got into Ekong that made him gift a penalty. I always say it that African teams need to play with more care because it always appear like referees hardly overlook our mistakes.

Of all the teams that have played so far, only Super Eagles appear to have come to make up the numbers. This is not good for our reputation.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2018
franchasng:
ahh! shocked shocked Cristiano Ronaldo is one complete team, how do u want to have two teams play against one team at the same time Not possible.

Ronaldo alone with one goalkeeper will win Super Eagles angry
lol
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by kmaster007: 10:58am On Jun 18, 2018
why JJ no apply for d job.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Ken4Christ: 11:08am On Jun 18, 2018
tiwiex:

This did cross my mind but I no wan think too far into conspiracy theory. Lol. But seriously, what does a foreign coach have to lose if he really didn't send the team he is coaching or he even wanted them to lose. We have left our destiny in the hands of a man who probably didn't know where Nigeria was on a map till he took the job.

I started noticing this conspiracy since the time of Westerhof. Remember the Nigeria - Italy game we lost painfully. When the pressure was on us the last 5 minutes of the game, our couch didn't even bother. Every good couch determined to win will certainly do something to fortify the defense when pressure is on It's team. But Westerhof didn't do anything.

Nigeria is one of the most dreaded Africa country in international football. The way we beat Brazil and Argentina in 1996 Olympic is still in the memory of these nations.

How do you expect to win a match with a lone striker upfront? One cannot believe this is the same squad that beat Argentina 4-2 in a friendly. Where is that team? What pattern did they play. You don't change a winning team. You can just add one or two players to make them stronger.

The boys should just put in their best. I hope we win our next match.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Edandy(m): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2018
salford1:

Exactly, that's what set great teams apart from the not-great ones. Players must have attributes like, true pass, Speed, Stamina, Ball control, Short passes and creativity.

Our match against Croatia was an embarrassment and eye-sore to modern day football. I watched the commentary after the match on itv, and I felt more embarrassed. One of the commentators, a Croatian ex footballer admitted that the Croatian team that Nigeria played against were bad, but only got lucky cos they played against a worse Nigerian team. Nothing was said about the formation or technicality. All the commentators mentioned about was the lack of drive, skills, stamina, speed e.t.c among the Nigerian players.
what can we do now for the remaining matches
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Reference(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2018
Wetin consign me. I have emigrated to Brazil till the last week of July. I cannot continue to associate with unrepentant mediocrity.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Ken4Christ: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2018
Okocha is right. Couch is probably bribed. He has programmed the team to fail. How can he put a lone striker upfront that is even isolated? We pray for miracle anyway.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Edandy(m): 11:30am On Jun 18, 2018
Ken4Christ:
Okocha is right. Couch is probably bribed. He has programmed the team to fail. How can he put a lone striker upfront that is even isolated? We pray for miracle anyway.
that was the exact words I used. He set the team to fail. Who is ighalo to perform as a lone striker? He sold the team

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by rhasonel: 11:34am On Jun 18, 2018
We have vacancies for position below in Jordans Global Insurance Brokers Limited  
Job Title: Business Development Executive – Direct Insurance Broking
Academic qualifications: B. Sc. Insurance, Maths, Social Sciences or any of the Sciences
Age limit: 30 - 40 years
Years of experience in related firm: Minimum of 3 years
Applicants must reside in lagos.
Interested candidates should kindly forward their CV to EUnogu@jordansglobal.com and copy solomon.james@firstrhasonel.com
Use the position as the subject.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by laliga01: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2018
Femijohn198:
okocha go and sit down during your time playing for super eagle what did you won.leave Rohr alone.

you sound terrible and terrified.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by MusicSots: 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
hollandis:
So basically Rohr says he prefers to draw that match ? Isi ewu

Wow! For a lady to have noticed this?!! Thumbs up dear! Rohr is a mo*ron.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Rossikki: 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
obi4eze:
This Gernot Rohr sef!

The match against England changed when we switched to 3-5-2. We defeated Argentina with the same formation. Mikel had no business playing in an advanced role with Iwobi on the pitch.

The Wing backs were not supporting the wingers and Ighalo was isolated in the attack. Ebuehi is a preferable option to Abdullahi.

A 3-5-2 would have choked the midfield for the Croatians and allowed wide spaces during Nigerian attacks while stopping long balls from the Croatians. We would have also had an extra man when defending except during counter attacks.

Going forward, the Icelandic team seem to be better at long balls than the Croats. They have the height advantage and would want to score from set pieces. I was disappointed in the Croats and think that Iceland would want to take the advantage of the draw with Argentina and qualify from the group. There is no time for show by thw SE or useless long balls.

Let's play the African way. We are not good at long balls. We pass the ball around.
Rohr should be investigated for Match fixing. He knows he is sounding very stupid with his excuses. Maybe he was paid by betting syndicates to throw our games.
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by Rossikki: 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ken4Christ:

I started noticing this conspiracy since the time of Westerhof. Remember the Nigeria - Italy game we lost painfully. When the pressure was on us the last 5 minutes of the game, our couch didn't even bother. Every good couch determined to win will certainly do something to fortify the defense when pressure is on It's team. But Westerhof didn't do anything.

Nigeria is one of the most dreaded Africa country in international football. The way we beat Brazil and Argentina in 1996 Olympic is still in the memory of these nations.

How do you expect to win a match with a lone striker upfront? One cannot believe this is the same squad that beat Argentina 4-2 in a friendly. Where is that team? What pattern did they play. You don't change a winning team. You can just add one or two players to make them stronger.

The boys should just put in their best. I hope we win our next match.
These white coaches target countries like Nigeria, not for the modest salary they are paid, but for the millions of dollars they stand to gain through match fixing and collaboration with betting syndicates. That is the only way to explain the crazy decisions they make on the field, which even 10 year old kids can see were detrimental to the team.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by mankand(m): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
xtervaganza:
correct it by teaching our dumb players not to score own goals or hug opponents. Load of tosh!

You expect the man to turn water to wine

He got friendly games to correct the mistakes. I watched their friendly match against England and Czech Republic and both goals were from set piece. A sensible coach will hold extra training sessions in private for his boys to work on their mistakes
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by sharpwriter(m): 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
adadioranmah:

The passion will pay when they win. For now, I am from Mexico cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Lol... see denial.. Mexico wey you no sure weda dem go comot group stage... no let there 3 points deceive you o.... believe the pig for super eagles wink

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by xtervaganza(m): 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
mankand:

He got friendly games to correct the mistakes. I watched their friendly match against England and Czech Republic and both goals were from set piece. A sensible coach will hold extra training sessions in private for his boys to work on their mistakes
Oga, as you can the goals were from INDIVIDUAL mistake. Not tactical set up. You can't blame the coach for individual mistakes
Re: World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation by hollandis(f): 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
xtervaganza:
Oga, as you can the goals were from INDIVIDUAL mistake. Not tactical set up. You can't blame the coach for individual mistakes

You are useless for making that statement , no wonder you can't even spell extravaganza

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Hosts Anthony Joshua On His ₦15b Luxury Yacht / Machester United Celebrates Corper Who Saved Female Corper At Election In Rivers / Mourinho Gives Marcos Rojo Banana During A Match (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.