Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo (48494 Views)

Oghenekaro Etebo And Wife, Isi Celebrate 3rd Wedding Anniversary / Oghenekaro Etebo Welcomes A Baby With His Wife / Oghenekaro Etebo And Isi Ebhota With Their Son, Wealth (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by blowjob: 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
LOSERS.... grin grin..CONSOLIN... grin

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by phase1: 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Etebo was the best player on that pitch like I always reiterated. I don't even consider that goal an own goal. The nigeria defenders allowed Croatian players make contact with ball in their box 18 twice unchallenged when that spot kick was taken. No team does that without getting punished.

If I were the coach I'd bench Mikel and have Ndidi and Etebo in DM position in front of the defence. They are both good aerially and tackle properly. Iwobi should play in the number 10 position behind Simy Nwankwo and Iheanacho.
Musa right flank, moses left flank.

When you have workaholics like Ndidi and Etebo in DM positions shielding your defense you can play a 3 man defense with little risks.
I don't know why shehu can't be benched. Tyrone is far better and more offensive than him by many miles.

I suspect Rohr is not really interested in winning only experimenting, something he can't try if he were managing his country team Germany. The next game will either prove or disprove my suspicions of his commitment and technical abilities.

6 Likes

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by PMBfirstson(m): 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Etebo really played with class that day,he got modric sweating,he was just unlucky that day...
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by ozoebuka1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Interestingly he's the only guy that started his World Cup career with an own goal shocked
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by rayopt(m): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
Las las we go jah comot!! Oshi 100%. all these peeps are just whinin us.

P.S
Anybody in contact with Rohr should tell the guy to pls bench Mikel and let Moses to play his chelsea role or remain in bench!!!
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by crazygod(m): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
I believe he will redeem himself with an attack minded team like Argentina
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by wealthpos(f): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
AfricAryan:
But his passing was poor

God Bless you, and He holds ball too much....

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by kennyblac(m): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
putting the wrong players in the right place.

Sentiment apart, I don't see any reason why Mikel should be our number 10 when we have young pacy lads.
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by Quidquopro: 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
madridguy:
Etebo display was superb. I hope our coach do the needful by pushing up the attack.

Our performance against Croatia is classical.

Are you okay

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by Dearlord(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
Who drible epp?
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by userplainly(m): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
toofit007:
such player can only be found in the land of biafra.... Oghenekaro Etebo is a BIAFRAN.

Wish kyn yeye talk be this Isoko boy from warri nai u dey call Biafra?? so me weh be Oghenecaro I be Biafra too?....... guy take ur time o.... we don't have time for ona Biafra rubbish

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by goldman777: 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
Etebo is an attacking midfielder and scores alot of goals for his club im surprised rohr pushed him back he is more offensive that mikel and possess a very powerful shot on his feet unlike mikel whose shots is usually like back pass to a goal keeper and has slow pace wen counter attacking unlike d youthful pacy etebo we nid d likes of etebo,musa,iwobi and iheanacho up-front moses shuld be deployed back to his wingback role while mikel and ndidi hold d central midfield mikel has no bizness in attacking midfield.simon moses is another good player we missed due to injury.i remember his goal vs sporting braga while playing for feirense in Portugal as an offensive midfielder and his performance against sporting lisbon i almost lost my bet ticket that day d match ended 3-2 in favor of sporting lisbon he was one of d best players for feirense an underdog team.

4 Likes

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by alexhl(m): 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by kenex4ever(m): 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
kallmemrB:
Honestly he was Awsome...Mikel is the most uselezz player in Nigeria world cup...Yes I remembered Pius Ikedia but this guy aint offering anything...
your hatred for mikel fit kee you o, tone it down.

For me, etebo should still play his no4 role then iwobi should be no8 and mikel 10 in d middle.

Iwobi should play behind two strikers at a time, ighalo n iheanacho. Single striker can't work.
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by DonCortino: 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Misplaced priority undecided

It's the new phrase u just learnt abi?
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by jaxxy(m): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
madridguy:
Etebo display was superb. I hope our coach do the needful by pushing up the attack.

We had no attack no coordination upfront to win. It was like we came to play a 0-0 draw. Almost no attempts at goal in 1st half. 2nd half still negligible
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by luqmandwise(m): 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
Wait for Hazard to play his own first
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by franchasng: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
This is how they use to deceive us until we are back, they will now be laughing at us behind. Fear whiteman; they know how to massage a Blackman's ego to failure, wicked people angry angry

Super Eagles performance against Croatia was a total flop, let's call a spade a spade, in fact Ronaldo with just 1 goalkeeper will win Super Eagles 3 - 0 angry angry
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by Femistico(m): 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
If them like make dem go find 11 etebo's put for the team they ain't going to qualify from that group, that team is a sh!t...useless mikel... We never have wat it takes to be a competitor in a world cup

#teamBrazil
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by hollandis(f): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
Dongreat:
Karo was the most amazing player that day. Always in the right place for the ball, but unfortunately shit happens.

If Rohr want something next game then he has to play a 3-5-2 formation with Iwobi and Iheanacho leading the attack. Moses should reverse back to the position he plays for Chelsea and Ebehi should compliment in the other wing. Etebo and Ndidi holding, Mikel ahead behind the two strikers.

We tried 3-5-2 against Czech
We need 4-4-2
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by Theophinio(m): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
Nice one Etebo He should play the number 10 position against Iceland
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by ba7man(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
toofit007:
such player can only be found in the land of biafra.... Oghenekaro Etebo is a BIAFRAN.
why do you people like to do attache by force??

It's now on a highly shameful level.

Nobody claims you guys or wants to visit you but you shamelessly attach yourselves to the Niger Delta, even though a Delta man will never do likewise.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by Edandy(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
jaxxy:

We had no attack no coordination upfront to win. It was like we came to play a 0-0 draw. Almost no attempts at goal in 1st half. 2nd half still negligible
I don't understand the guy. May be I don't understand the word classical any more
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by Dongreat(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
hollandis:

We tried 3-5-2 against Czech
We need 4-4-2

True we did but we had the ineffective Ighalo.
I would like to see a 3-5-2 in the second half after a 4-4-2 then. But no Ighalo upfront. Let the two youngest attacking minded Iheanacho and Iwobi lead the way.
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by Meme16(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Honestly, I commend his skills, but truth be told "dribbling without scoring is useless" cos dribbling will not win trophies for u. only goals will do, that's why I respect Ronaldo any day any time.
listen! U are free to quote me but if u think I was wrong, ask Jay Jay okocha, how many trophies he won, though a master dribbler.

#forget dribbling
#Score goals
#win matches
#Support Eagles
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by showafrica(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
kallmemrB:
Honestly he was Awsome...Mikel is the most uselezz player in Nigeria world cup...Yes I remembered Pius Ikedia but this guy aint offering anything...

He is over hyped.. I prefer Etebo, Joel obi and ndidi that circle. If coach is looking for a sluggish mid fielder, let ihenacho add to them and learn how to shut with his left leg.
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by hollandis(f): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
userplainly:

Wish kyn yeye talk be this Isoko boy from warri nai u dey call Biafra?? so me weh be Oghenecaro I be Biafra too?....... guy take ur time o.... we don't have time for ona Biafra rubbish

You are on your own
Biafra is for everyone south south and south east
If you are not interested get ready to be deported to benue
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by nowpresence(f): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
oghenekaro was awesome that day.
proudly urhobo

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
madridguy:

Why are you like this?? Why?
Nigeria can never be okay with people who think like you.

Super Eagles game was a big flop. Do you even know the meaning of classical?? undecided

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by nowpresence(f): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
hollandis:

You are on your own Biafra is for everyone south south and south east If you are not interested get ready to be deported to benue
speak for yourself miss/mrs.
not all south south wants to be part of biafra
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by phase1: 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
wealthpos:

God Bless you, and He holds ball too much....

What do you expect him to do when his team mates are not falling into the right positions. He wins balls and that's the job of a natural Defensive midfielder.
Re: World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo by Otedollaryen: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
toofit007:
shut up mumu. He is an urhobo boy from oghara. And we are not Biafrans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Difference Between Ballon d'Or, UEFA Best Player And FIFA World's Best / Mikel Weeps, Begs NFF (Nigerian Football Federation) - The Sun / Lionel Messi Trains For The 1st Time With His Inter Miami Teammates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.