Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income (1331 Views)

Nigeria Home To 9,100 Dollar-Millionaires, Worth $207 Billion / 17 Simple Businesses You Can Start With ₦100,000 / 3 Online Business That Can Boost Your Monthly Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by bellaberry: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2018
As a way of giving back for the awesome things I’ve learnt right here on nairaland, I’ve been intending to write a little article on profitable businesses that people (particularly married women) can do from the comfort of their homes, but I’d been putting it off due to one engagement or the other.

Well, something bad happened in my compound last night (dirty fight between a husband and wife – story for another day) and I got spurred to write and post this here like yesterday.

Why am I writing this particularly for the married women?

It’s because I’ve realized (from personal experience and from talking to other couples) that after infidelity, money issues is the next biggest thing that causes strain, tension and break-ups in marriages.

If it’s not the woman asking for too much, it might be the man getting to such a point where financial strain takes the best of his temper and he’d start to unknowingly react to things the wrong way – leading to fights.

Believe me, I’ve been there, so I know where the shoe pinches.

For this reason, I am going ahead to share 3 profitable businesses that women like me (married or unmarried) can engage in that will enable them make enough personal income to independently sustain themselves.

If you can get just one these businesses right, you will be making enough and wouldn’t have to be running to your husband (or boyfriend) for money over little things.

To be honest, the men are trying. Let us (women) also try for ourselves. We’d be helping them to help ourselves, as well as get to keep a happy home, by so doing.

Without further talks, let’s jump right into it.

1. e-Currency Exchange Business:

This one is a very big one, albeit a risky one too – high returns goes with high risks, right?

The business involves buying digital currencies (paypal, bitcoin, payoneer, skrill, neteller, etc) from people looking to sell (mostly people who are into freelancing) and then add some margin on top (sometimes as high as N10 to N15) and resell to people who need these digital currencies for one reason or the other.

Example of people who need these currencies are importers looking to send money to china, students overseas looking to pay their fees, shippers looking to pay their logistics company, etc.

While adding just N10 might seem small on the surface, imagine buying $1,000 payoneer (for example) and sell to an importer with a margin of N10, that’s a profit of N10,000 you’ve made.

Getting the big picture now?

How to get started:

Open a thread on nairaland advertising your exchange services, then go to popular threads where freelancers hang out on nairaland like this one and [url=http//www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2]this one[/url] and offer to buy their money. Then you can sell on your thread.

The Challenges:

The challenges you will face in this particular business is that you might find it a big challenge to gain trust of freelancers. They might be scared of selling their funds to you.

2. Private Tutoring:

This is another easy business that you can do from the comfort of your home to make some money. Apparently, this one does not require much explanation.

All that’s needed here is to let parents around your neighborhood know that you offer after-school extramural lessons, and they will be coming to drop their kids after school with you. You can take the kids on Maths and English language.

The amount you charge per kid depends on a lot of factors, but the most important is the kind of neighborhood you are offering this services.

When I used to do this about a year ago, I used to charge N10,000 per child for a month, and believe me, parents happily paid that amount – they knew I was giving quality.

If you do this right, you can be generating a steady 30k to 50k monthly income. This should be able to take care of some of your needs as a woman.

How to Get Started:

Start by talking to parents around your area. Tell them that you have just started an after-school lesson program and that if they are interested in giving their children quality foundation, they can bring them over. Tell them your pricing and all.

You can take this a step further (like I did) and print a short advert and paste it around. Black and white ink on A4 paper should be enough. Nothing too fancy.

The Challenges:

It might be difficult finding a good number of kids to start off with. Also, depending on your area, you might not be able to find a good number of interested parents that will give you substantial amount of monthly income.

3. Data Reselling Business:

This is the one I am currently running at the moment after trying my hands on different things. I find this one to be stress-free, as well as very viable with minimal risk.

In case you are wondering what the business is all about, it is basically buying data at wholesale prices, adding a margin on top and then selling on retail.

If you are active on nairaland, you must have been seeing threads where people offer 1 GB of MTN Data that’s normally sold at N1,000 by the network at prices like N700. Those people are doing data reselling business.

The data that’s been sold at N700 is bought at a rate of N500 to N550 (depending on your source), meaning that they make a profit of about N200 to N150 per GB of data sold.

Imagine being able to sell data to 10 people a day. That’s a cool N1,500 to N2,000 profit in one day doing nothing but transferring out data from your phone. And I am actually being very conservative with my maths here. If you know how to go about your marketing in a smart way, you can easily make 20 to 30 sales daily. With that, a monthly profit of N80k to N100k is doable.

How to Get Started:

You can either go just the MTN SME data sharing route, where you’d be dealing directly with MTN, and selling MTN data only. For this, you’d need to put up some amount of money upfront, and you’d be limited to MTN alone.

The real deal breaker here for me is the need to be operating multiple sim cards when your client base starts growing. To overcome this challenge, instead of buying directly from MTN or other networks, you can be buying from third party online platforms that also sell to you at wholesale prices and then resell.

Examples of these platforms?

Sorry I can’t recommend any of these platforms to you, as most of the popular ones do have issues with money not being credited, airtime not being delivered to your clients, etc and I won’t want to be held liable or responsible when such issues happen.

Just do your research and you’d find out some platforms. Hope you understand my reasons though.

Challenges:

I’ve already mentioned some challenges to this business above; the messy need to be switching between multiple sim cards, bad third party providers, etc. However, these are not the biggest issues.

See, this business is VERY profitable (and I highly recommend you start with this business, rather than the other two) but as it is with every other business out there, there are obstacles you have to jump in other to reap the fruits.

One of such obstacles you are likely to face when starting out this business is the problem of trust. Being that you will be selling data to people over the internet, due to some unscrupulous agents turning the data reselling business into a scam-fest, it can be challenging getting people to believe you will deliver. Due to this, you’d have to find a way to position your services such that it will look credible in the eyes of your prospective clients.

Another bigger issue with this business is the crazy competition that exists. You’d have to employ smart marketing techniques to beat the competition – I don’t mean simply opening multiple threads on nairaland to “hawk” your merchandise.

See, though this is the easiest and most profitable business in this list that women (or anyone else reading this) can start with, but then your marketing will make or break you.

Marketing is where most people in this business who are not making up to N20k a month are getting it wrong, and this is where I was getting it all wrong back when I started that I got frustrated with making not up to 10k profits a month, and felt like quitting.

That was a couple of months back then…

Now, I have gone on to learn a lot of advanced marketing tips and tricks that has helped me unlock a blue ocean of clients. Getting clients has never been so easy for me. I now average around 95k to 120k per month doing just this business.

You can do it too. Just get started, remember, innovation is the keyword to make it big with this business.

Edit: for those sending PMs asking for resources they can use to learn the in and out of the data sharing biz, you can check this out.

The info there was the game changer for me.

You can also use Google to check for blogs or nairaland threads for info on the biz.

Conclusion:

There you have it. 3 big businesses any woman can do from the comfort of her home so as to build a consistent monthly income.
Now, reading this alone and sitting around wishing won’t put money in your bank account. You’d have to get off your chair and TAKE ACTION if you want to see results.

Wishing you success as you make the decision to take action to get that very well deserved financial independence.

See you at the top!

CC: Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by kachimoore94: 11:15am On Jun 18, 2018
bellaberry:
As a way of giving back for the awesome things I’ve learnt right here on nairaland, I’ve been intending to write a little article on profitable businesses that people (particularly married women) can do from the comfort of their homes, but I’d been putting it off due to one engagement or the other.

Well, something bad happened in my compound last night (dirty fight between a husband and wife – story for another day) and I got spurred to write and post this here like yesterday.

It’s because I’ve realized (from personal experience and from talking to other couples) that after infidelity, money issues is the next biggest thing that causes strain, tension and break-ups in marriages.

If it’s not the woman asking for too much, it might be the man getting to such a point where financial strain takes the best of his temper and he’d start to unknowingly react to things the wrong way – leading to fights.

For this reason, I am going ahead to share 3 profitable businesses that women like me (married or unmarried) can engage in that will enable them make enough personal income to independently sustain themselves.

If you can get just one these businesses right, you will be making enough and wouldn’t have to be running to your husband (or boyfriend) for money over little things.

To be honest, the men are trying. Let us (women) also try for ourselves. We’d be helping them to help ourselves, as well as get to keep a happy home, by so doing.

This one is a very big one, albeit a risky one too – high returns goes with high risks, right?

The business involves buying digital currencies (paypal, bitcoin, payoneer, skrill, neteller, etc) from people looking to sell (mostly people who are into freelancing) and then add some margin on top (sometimes as high as N10 to N15) and resell to people who need these digital currencies for one reason or the other.

Example of people who need these currencies are importers looking to send money to china, students overseas looking to pay their fees, shippers looking to pay their logistics company, etc.

While adding just N10 might seem small on the surface, imagine buying $1,000 payoneer (for example) and sell to an importer with a margin of N10, that’s a profit of N10,000 you’ve made.

How to get started:

Open a thread on nairaland advertising your exchange services, then go to popular threads where freelancers hang out on nairaland like [url="https://www.nairaland.com/3237273/how-make-regular-income-offering"]this one[/url] and this one and offer to buy their money. Then you can sell on your thread.

The Challenges: Y

You will face in this particular business is that you might find it a big challenge to gain trust of freelancers. They might be scared of selling their funds to you.

2. Private Tutoring:

This is another easy business that you can do from the comfort of your home to make some money. Apparently, this one does not require much explanation.

All that’s needed here is to let parents around your neighborhood know that you offer after-school extramural lessons, and they will be coming to drop their kids after school with you. You can take the kids on Maths and English language.

The amount you charge per kid depends on a lot of factors, but the most important is the kind of neighborhood you are offering this services.

When I used to do this about a year ago, I used to charge N10,000 per child for a month, and believe me, parents happily paid that amount – they knew I was giving quality.

If you do this right, you can be generating a steady 30k to 50k monthly income. This should be able to take care of some of your needs as a woman.

How to Get Started:

Start by talking to parents around your area. Tell them that you have just started an after-school lesson program and that if they are interested in giving their children quality foundation, they can bring them over. Tell them your pricing and all.

You can take this a step further (like I did) and print a short advert and paste it around. Black and white ink on A4 paper should be enough. Nothing too fancy.

The Challenges: It might be difficult finding a good number of kids to start off with. Also, depending on your area, you might not be able to find a good number of interested parents that will give you substantial amount of monthly income.

This is the one I am currently running at the moment after trying my hands on different things. I find this one to be stress-free, as well as very viable with minimal risk.

In case you are wondering what the business is all about, it is basically buying data at wholesale prices, adding a margin on top and then selling on retail.

If you are active on nairaland, you must have been seeing threads where people offer 1 GB of MTN Data that’s normally sold at N1,000 by the network at prices like N700. Those people are doing data reselling business.

The data that’s been sold at N700 is bought at a rate of N500 to N550 (depending on your source), meaning that they make a profit of about N200 to N150 per GB of data sold.

Imagine being able to sell data to 10 people a day. That’s a cool N1,500 to N2,000 profit in one day doing nothing but transferring out data from your phone. And I am actually being very conservative with my maths here. If you know how to go about your marketing in a smart way, you can easily make 20 to 30 sales daily. With that, a monthly profit of N80k to N100k is doable.

How to Get Started:

You can either do just MTN SME data sharing route where you’d be dealing directly with MTN (and selling MTN data only). For this, you’d need to put up some amount of money upfront, and you’d be limited to MTN alone.

The real deal breaker here for me is the need to be operating multiple sim cards when your client base starts growing. To overcome this challenge, instead of buying directly from MTN or other networks, you can be buying from third party online platforms that also sell to you at wholesale prices and then resell.

Sorry I can’t recommend any of these platforms to you, as most of the popular ones do have issues with money not being credited, airtime not being delivered to your clients, etc and I won’t want to be held liable or responsible when such issues happen.

Just do your research and you’d find out some platforms. Hope you understand my reasons though.

Challenges:

I’ve already mentioned some challenges to this business above; the messy need to be switching between multiple sim cards, bad third party providers, etc. However, these are not the biggest issues.

See, this business is VERY profitable (and I highly recommend you start with this business, rather than the other two) but as it is with every other business out there, there are obstacles you have to jump in other to reap the fruits.

One of such obstacles you are likely to face when starting out this business is the problem of trust. Being that you will be selling data to people over the internet, due to some unscrupulous agents turning the data reselling business into a scam-fest, it can be challenging getting people to believe you will deliver. Due to this, you’d have to find a way to position your services such that it will look credible in the eyes of your prospective clients.

Another bigger issue with this business is the crazy competition that exists. You’d have to employ smart marketing techniques to beat the competition – I don’t mean simply opening multiple threads on nairaland to “hawk” your merchandise.

See, though this is the easiest and most profitable business in this list that women (or anyone else reading this) can start with, but then your marketing will make or break you.

Marketing is where most people in this business who are not making up to N20k a month are getting it wrong, and this is where I was getting it all wrong back when I started that I got frustrated with making not up to 10k profits a month, and felt like quitting.

Now, I have gone on to learn a lot of advanced marketing tips and tricks that has helped me unlock a blue ocean of clients. Getting clients has never been so easy for me. I now average around 95k to 120k per month doing just this business.

You can do it too. Just get started, remember, innovation is the keyword to make it big with this business.

Conclusion:

There you have it. 3 big businesses any woman can do from the comfort of her home so as to build a consistent monthly income.
Now, reading this alone and sitting around wishing won’t put money in your bank account. You’d have to get off your chair and TAKE ACTION if you want to see results.

Wishing you success as you make the decision to take action to get that very well deserved financial independence.

See you at the top!

cc: lalasticlala
very nice and interesting
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by mynaijainfo(m): 11:20am On Jun 18, 2018
shocked
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by bellaberry: 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2018
kachimoore94:

very nice and interesting

Thanks.

Got any other business suggestions?
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by funsho75(m): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2018
For home lesson teachers.. Register on lessonng.com for free

And get students and parents calling you
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by kachimoore94: 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
bellaberry:

Thanks.
Got any other business suggestions?
I think blogging can also go.
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by Pentools(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
bellaberry:

How to get started:

Open a thread on nairaland advertising your exchange services, then go to popular threads where freelancers hang out on nairaland like this one and [url=http//www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2]this one[/url] and offer to buy their money. Then you can sell on your thread.

The Challenges:

The challenges you will face in this particular business is that you might find it a big challenge to gain trust of freelancers. They might be scared of selling their funds to you.

2. Private Tutoring:

How to Get Started:

The Challenges:

It might be difficult finding a good number of kids to start off with. Also, depending on your area, you might not be able to find a good number of interested parents that will give you substantial amount of monthly income.

How to Get Started:

You can either go just the MTN SME data sharing route, where you’d be dealing directly with MTN, and selling MTN data only. For this, you’d need to put up some amount of money upfront, and you’d be limited to MTN alone.

Challenges:

Conclusion:

See you at the top!

cc: lalasticlala

Nice one bellaberry, I must commend your detailing approach, truth be told I was expecting to see frying akara, hair dressing, sewing, designing n co....that's a wonderful list you have there.

However, the home lesson is quite lucrative but you doing yours for 10k is quite CHEAP, the least I know people collect is 30 per month, it's quite great but hectic when you have other stuffs doing.

Meanwhile I'd like to learn the 3rd tip, do you mind teaching?

Thanks!
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by bellaberry: 7:31am On Jun 19, 2018
kachimoore94:

I think blogging can also go.

True. Very true.

However, with blogging, one will have to be unique. You'd have to chose a good niche - not all these Linda Ikeji wannabe kind of stuffs.

You'd also need good level of patience and active work to get your blog ranked in Google and other places before you can start reaping the benefits.

It's a mid to long term thing, however, very viable too.

Thanks for the contribution.

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by bellaberry: 7:34am On Jun 19, 2018
Pentools:

Nice one bellaberry, I must commend your detailing approach, truth be told I was expecting to see frying akara, hair dressing, sewing, designing n co....that's a wonderful list you have there.

However, the home lesson is quite lucrative but you doing yours for 10k is quite CHEAP, the least I know people collect is 30 per month, it's quite great but hectic when you have other stuffs doing.

Meanwhile I'd like to learn the 3rd tip, do you mind teaching?

Thanks!

Frying Akara, hair dressing. Lol. Those are overflogged businesses. Truth be told, that's what most women think once you mention business. Quite sad, cos we're in the computer age. People need to upgrade.

As per the third tip, sure! I don't mind teaching. I'm opening a thread tonight where I'll be teaching all on that.

Thanks for your input.
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by Pentools(m): 10:19am On Jun 19, 2018
bellaberry:

Frying Akara, hair dressing. Lol. Those are overflogged businesses. Truth be told, that's what most women think once you mention business. Quite sad, cos we're in the computer age. People need to upgrade.

As per the third tip, sure! I don't mind teaching. I'm opening a thread tonight where I'll be teaching all on that.

Thanks for your input.

Hesitate not to have me in your mentions plsss.

Thanks!
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by cgei: 10:51am On Jun 19, 2018
Wow I am interested in the exchange thing but don't know how to go about it. But it seems there are so many exchangers out there. Please I need your guide on any reliable online business
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by bellaberry: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2018
Pentools:

Hesitate not to have me in your mentions plsss.

Thanks!

Sure I would have you in the mention.

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by KateFowler7: 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2018
It sounds pretty interesting. I was developing my business with https://www.meadewillis.com/ management software, that helped me to solve a lot of vital problems concerning employers and other issues.
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by THANKSGIVING17: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
If u r interested in making cool money from the comfort of your room thru binary trading,u don't need to have any knowledge about it at all.U only need your autorobot which trades for you at anytime of the day without doing any work at all.

For more info,contact me thru my signature
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by Sandycee: 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2018
Will like to start data reselling..how much can I start with
Re: 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income by OmoDavido(m): 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2018
bellaberry:

How to get started:

The Challenges:

2. Private Tutoring:

How to Get Started:

The Challenges:

How to Get Started:

Challenges:

Edit: for those sending PMs asking for resources they can use to learn the in and out of the data sharing biz, you can check this out.

The info there was the game changer for me.

You can also use Google to check for blogs or nairaland threads for info on the biz.

Conclusion:

See you at the top!

CC: Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Bro I will surely start that number 2 tomorrow. I am undergraduate and goes to school from home and always financially down. There was a time I tried to do this but stopped after printing out the stuff on A4 paper. But now, I will surely start. Because as someone studying Industrial Chemistry, I am good with maths and secondary/primary school English won't be a problem.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What You Should Know About Starting Your First Business Online / Join GIFTALWORLD Today And Start Making Money Monthly / How I Got A Contract Worth #500,000 Using Pro Target Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.