Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue (9427 Views)

My 2010 Ml 350 4matic / Help My 2010 Toyota Corolla Is Having Undetectable Problem / P0500 And P0116 In Toyota Camry 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by KINGreignn: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
autoelectNG, i wish to inform you these facts about me so you know my ways of life, i've got nothing against you,or anyone, i don't compete with or against anyone, i run my life and my business like i'm running a charity organisation and i find joy and fulfillment doing it. i don't claim to know it all and when i offend anyone i apologise. those who've met me can attest
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
question.

Would a faulty cluster cause transmission to slip?

Need informed answers.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by valarinz: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2018
AutoelectNG I know, and I've gone on some errands for him

Kingreign I also know, and we've been of much assistance to each other

I think what happened here is that you both got off on the wrong footing. Make una just retrace steps, then start allover cool

1 Like

Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by mayor2013: 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
question.

Need informed answers.

MBA grin grin
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by valarinz: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
question.

Need informed answers.

Was wondering too, but as the guy say him don work for coscharis I respect myself keep quiet.

I'm just an ordinary Volvo seller sad
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by Cosplay: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by Inception(m): 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by Kashif(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
question.

Need informed answers.

I did not read where it was stated that the transmission was slipping. Can somebody point me there?

I read that gear was not shifting properly. You can only say a transmission is slipping when its actual output speed is lower at any range, than the designed speed (the computer is always looking at the input and output speeds, comparing the ration to its map). Some are so obvious the driver will notice; others are so little only the computer will notice. Computer keeps setting code, and you are pulling your hair wondering what's going on.

No automatic transmission will shift properly if it is not seeing vehicle speed signal.

Just imagine a blind-folded deaf man sitting by the driver, and tasked with selecting gears as the car is being driven. How him fit cope?

3 Likes

Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by HenriXI(m): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2018
AutoElectNG:

I sent him a PM and there was no response whatsoever, meanwhile I had devoted over 30 minutes to researching his problem.

Seconded

Okay, let me come in and settle this dust...

First of all i sincerely appreciate the contributions and assistance you all offered me - i mean everyone that contributed/commented on this post...

@AutoElectNG, i must acknowledge i couldn't access that PM - Yes i got the notification that I've got an unread message but it kept taking me to my Gmail inbox when i clicked on it. (my ignorance is finally exposed - Lol). Coupled with work and the stress of pushing out cash & not getting desired results at the time. So I'm really sorry about that.

Diagnosing a car you've not seen or ran tests on isn't cheap - cars have complex inter-related systems and you can only do that after getting CREDIBLE over-the-air troubleshooting details from the person who has hands-on the car.

You all contributed based on your experiences and i too learned alot from the process. (that includes how to respond to posts online)

The reason i brought this topic here was cuz my mechanic asked that i get a new transmission. I don't know very much but i felt that wasn't the problem. If you read through my first post, you'll get the details.

When @kingreignn confirmed it was a transmission issue after his test drive and electrical tests, i had to make that decision to get the transmission replaced.

I believe strongly that we learn everyday. Yes - if i could have spotted the issue earlier, i would have avoided the extra cash on the transmission etc. Then again, there is a possibility that i would have sold my car for a give away price if we didn't spot the issue when we did.

Please let's not flare up and eventually erode this good relationship... You wouldn't believe i fetched Autologic's contact from his profile this evening and realised i already have his contact on my phone. Perhaps we've had dealings when i was running Auto diagnosis training in Lagos.

Mike @kingreignn is a great guy please work with him when you can. Yes - i offered him cash after the diagnosis but he didn't take it. He was in touch on WhatsApp and via calls through the time. (we still talk afterwards)

Please let this be a learning point for us all and a platform to build a strong relationship on resolving automobile and perhaps life issues. I want to be able to call on you all when I'm in search for solutions...

Credits to:
AutoLogic, AutoElectNG, Gazzuzz, Kingreign, mayor2013, Kashif, Ludatravels, ricmayak1, cosplay...
Infact everyone...

I appreciate you guys.

Please I'm still waiting for a buyer for my transmission. It's in my house now... Please help with a contact who needs it... I'll definitely sell for less... Just gimme a good offer...

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by diportivo: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
undecided

Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by SortOut: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
We learn everyday, no man knows it all, meanwhile y'all still run from Mitsubishi Space Wagon GDI grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by KINGreignn: 6:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
SortOut:
We learn everyday, no man knows it all, meanwhile y'all still run from Mitsubishi Space Wagon GDI grin

Na motor be that?

Bia get genuine OEM brand New HPFP and install then you're good to go (assuming village people no reason your matter).
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by radautoworks: 8:14am On Jul 21, 2018
Well said HenriXI.

I still maintain that troubleshooting should not be done sight unseen. That's why so many differences of opinion and arguments.
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by cromwellk: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2018
HenriXI:

Here are some wiring diagrams i got from Google...

I strongly doubt my mecho can interpret these... However, I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Quite detailed diagrams indeed. Saw a guy on youtube too;

vt commodore wiring diagram
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by eRex(m): 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Gentle men and Lady of the auto world...
I couldn't keep up with the conversation.
My car just poped up same code, p0500 and I know not what to do.

Model: 2008 corolla SA.
Description:
- steering became a little harder.(can still turn it but unlike before.)
- gear doesnt shit past 3
- Abs and brake light on
- speedometer isn't working.

May I quick ad that mine happen on motion.(it traffic)
Car just beeped and I noticed all these errors I describe above..

What can I do as I am far away from home.
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by eRex(m): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2020
eRex:
Gentle men and Lady of the auto world...
I couldn't keep up with the conversation.
My car just poped up same code, p0500 and I know not what to do.

Model: 2008 corolla SA.
Description:
- steering became a little harder.(can still turn it but unlike before.)
- gear doesnt shit past 3
- Abs and brake light on
- speedometer isn't working.

May I quick ad that mine happen on motion.(it traffic)
Car just beeped and I noticed all these errors I describe above..

What can I do as I am far away from home.

Thanks for all your concern... My issue has been solved
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by chukel(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
eRex:

Thanks for all your concern... My issue has been solved
can you state how you resolved it. It will go a long way to help others with similar problem.
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by eRex(m): 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2020
chukel:
can you state how you resolved it. It will go a long way to help others with similar problem.

Twas the abs cable on both front wheels.

Although I had sample up to 4 other technician opinion... 3 requested I change the ABS box
5th one worked on both abs sensor and everything got corrected
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by Chukwujohn(m): 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
Dear op,has the issue been solved kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by Ajuwon(m): 8:36am On May 11, 2022
Dear OP

I will like to have a private discussion with you please. Can you please drop your contact so I can call you. Mine is 08038454143. You could send me a text so I can have your number and call. I will be very grateful if you could grant me this request. Thanks bro. Sam
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 11:34am On Jun 28, 2023
Good day bosses on this thread, My toyota corolla 2010 is having same issue, can the instrument cluster be the cause of the issue too?
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2023
Sends Inaccurate Info to the Gearbox
Likewise, a malfunctioning instrument cluster can send the wrong signals to the gearbox of an automatic transmission system. If it feeds inaccurate speed data in there, it may force the car to shift prematurely or with delay. The transmission will surely take a heavy toll in either of these settings if left unchecked.

Regardless if you are driving a manual or automatic, if the transmission shifts too early, it can cause the engine to labor and bog down. On the other hand, if the transmission shifts too late, it can make the engine rev too high before shifting. These can make the car jerk or lurch when shifting also. The same issue I'm having made me google an answer to your question boss
GAZZUZZ:
question.

Need informed answers.
Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by eRex(m): 7:46pm On Apr 19
chukel:

Chai... I'm so.sorry I didn't reply you o..

It was the abs cable at the drivers wheel that cut..

Unfortunately the rewire charged me outrageously just to join the two wires with a cellotape..(I never knew that was what he did and charged me 30k then in 2020)

Not until.the issue persisted again... I went and checked and realized the tape has washed off and the wires disconnected again.. I removed the wires and soldered it and that was the end

1 Like

Re: Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue by cardoctor(m): 11:25am On Apr 20
HenriXI:
Thank you very much Guys for the inputs and assistance you've offered me through this time...

It was really a rough time for me cuz i did the paying (for the various attempts) while we all did the learning...

@AutoElectNG, please pardon me for not updating this post as often as i should have done. Please put yourself in my shoes. (I've replaced 2 front wheel speed sensors @30k, ABS Pump Assembly @65k, 2 transmission VSS @25k each, the transmission itself @100k + 2 4 litres of WS Gear oil @34k and the Instrument Cluster @30k). Bros, i needed time to recuperate...

Well, the issue was actually the Instrument cluster... After replacing the instrument cluster, everything worked fine - meaning my old transmission and everything else was working fine.

It's really hard troubleshooting these modern semi-complex electrical and computer controlled vehicles. If this is the case with a small 2010 Toyota Corolla, then what would be the case on more complex brands like Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi and the likes...

It's a learning curve and I'm sure someone out there will see this post early enough and not have to go through what i went through.

Let's i forget, please link me up to buyers for my transmission. Help me get some money back.

You can reach me on 08033149441.

Once again, Thank you for everything. I appreciate.

My current Instrument cluster is attached in the picture here... Sorry i took the picture at night and YES!!! on the express... Lol.

Good thing you got it fixed eventually. Most auto technicians would ignore this detail but its an elementary aspect of diagnosis for this particular issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/8065335/maintenance-tips-toyota-cars

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hyundai Mobis Invents World-first Sunroof Airbag / Implication Of Wrong Tyre Pressure / Road Trip Through Interesting Nigeria (with pictures)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.