Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) (7892 Views)

Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport / Why Oh Why Do They Not Need Visas And Yet We Do?? / Expired Visas And Foreign Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) by moonraker(m): 3:58am On Jun 04, 2010
Good day my dear nairalanders

I hope you are all well,

As we Nigerians do alot of travelling, both for business, pleasure and otherwise,

i thought that its did be necessary to setup a database for information with requirements

for nigerian citizens so that you do not get shocked at the airport etc,  There are two ways of doing this,

you can post a trust worthy link or base it on your own experience that happen within 3mths,  waiting for all your response,

lets make this a good thread,  will get the ball rolling

SINGAPORE: Do not be deceived, Singapore is no longer a visa free country for nigerians. its use to be until we lost the preveilage in November 30th

2008, You will need a sponsor in singapore or a well written letter what you are going to do in singapore with addresses etc, plus hotel booking,

return ticket and other supporting documents,  when you get to the immigrations, you will be given a duration to which you can stay and you must

leave singapore within the specified time else, you will be fined big time,

You need an airport transit visa if your leaving from nigeria and your gonna be transitting in the ffg ciuntries without leaving the airport.

WARNING: NIGERIAN NATIONALS REQUIRE AIRPORT TRANSIT VISA TO ALL SCHENGEN COUNTRIES EXCEPT YOU HOLD RESIDENT PERMITS OF THE FFG

COUNTRIES.

1. Japan. 2. Canada. 3. USA. 4. UK. 5. San Marino. 6. Monaco. 7. Switzerland. 8. Mexico and Liechtenstein.

Kenya, South Africa. Updates coming soon

You do not need a airport transit visa for the ffg countries

1. UAE

2. Qatar

Rest coming soon,  stay tuned,
Re: Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) by johnkent(m): 6:35am On Jun 04, 2010
u dont need a visa to transit through any European airport is you hold a valid unexpired US visa.
Re: Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) by dancewith: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2010
moonraker:

Good day my dear nairalanders

I hope you are all well,

As we Nigerians do alot of travelling, both for business, pleasure and otherwise,

i thought that its did be necessary to setup a database for information with requirements

for nigerian citizens so that you do not get shocked at the airport etc, There are two ways of doing this,

you can post a trust worthy link or base it on your own experience that happen within 3mths, waiting for all your response,

lets make this a good thread, will get the ball rolling

SINGAPORE: Do not be deceived, Singapore is no longer a visa free country for nigerians. its use to be until we lost the preveilage in November 30th

2008, You will need a sponsor in singapore or a well written letter what you are going to do in singapore with addresses etc, plus hotel booking,

return ticket and other supporting documents, when you get to the immigrations, you will be given a duration to which you can stay and you must

leave singapore within the specified time else, you will be fined big time,

You need an airport transit visa if your leaving from nigeria and your gonna be transitting in the ffg ciuntries without leaving the aiport

1. United Kingdom

2. Germany

3. Itay

4. Kenya (on transit to an asian country)

5. United States (if heading to brazil)

6. France

will update later on

You do not need a airport transit visa for the ffg countries

1. UAE

2. Qatar

3. Netherlands

4. South Africa

Rest coming soon, stay tuned,

Wait, you mean people are getting Kenya transit visa to use kenya airways to Asia. Nonsense
Re: Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) by niyi09(m): 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2010
South Africa is no longer transit visa free as from June 1
Re: Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) by comechop(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2010
I'm curious - how do they 'check' if you even have your transit visa? I'm not sure I would be able to get it, and I'll be flying via France to Nigeria.
Expired US visa,
Re: Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) by moonraker(m): 7:28am On Jun 15, 2010
@ comechop

The airline (which i assume in yur case is air france) will check if you have a valid transit visa bf they even board you,

where are you departing from?? that will have a role to play,
Re: Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) by comechop(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2010
I'll be departing from Houston,
Re: Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) by dancewith: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2010
niyi09:

South Africa is no longer transit visa free as from June 1

Very funny. Who needs to transit through south Africa anyway. Personally I can never go to any African country that requires a visa from me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get A Denmark Greencard Visa And Secure Entry Into Other 26 Countries In Europe / Swedish Visa / Are Amex Traveller's Cheques Or Visa Cards Acceptable in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.