Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

BREAKING: I Will Contest Against El-rufai – Senator Sehu Sani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I Will Contest Against El-rufai – Senator Sehu Sani (443 Views)

Consensus: Why Presidential Aspirants May Contest Against Buhari’s Choice -Sagay / Sehu Sani Welcomes Sunday Igboho To ‘Ex-Prisoners Club' / 2023 Presidency: Why Osinbajo Won’t Contest Against Tinubu – Daniel Bwala (2) (3) (4)

(1)

BREAKING: I Will Contest Against El-rufai – Senator Sehu Sani by worlings: 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
@Agog_ng

Senator Shehu Sani reportedly declared his intention to contest against Governor El-Rufai in the 2019 gubernatorial election

The senator, however, stated one reason he may change his plan to contest against the incumbent governor

Senator Shehu Sani, representing Kaduna central senatorial district has declared his intention to contest against the incumbent governor of Kaduna state, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, in the forthcoming 2019 governorship election in the state. Sani also allegedly hinted of his intention to quit the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). The outspoken senator allegedly said he and many others, who were reportedly maltreated by the APC, are presently at the departure lounge of the party, The Sun reports.

Sani allegedly said the ruling APC, as it is, today, stands on a foundation of injustice against its members, adding that the party has failed to live up to its promises and pledges of a transparent internal democracy. “We condemned the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the past for not being fair and just to its members, but the APC has found itself in similar, if not worst situation, as at today.”

The senator reportedly said he and other party members will not tolerate or condone injustices, adding that if solutions to the identified challenges in the APC are not taken care of in the coming weeks, there will be no going back on their decision to leave the party for good.

Addressing journalists who paid him Sallah homage in Kaduna, the senator also reportedly said he will be contesting the governorship of the state, unless the Kaduna political stakeholders, which he is a member, decide otherwise.

“There is a Kaduna political stakeholders, made up of former governors, lawmakers and various party chieftains, and, as a team player, I am a member. I am going to contest the governor of Kaduna state, but, if the stakeholders insist on me going back to the Senate, I will have no objection, whatsoever. “Nigerians are now more resolved and conscious to vote for people of integrity who will work for them, hence, I have the confidence of winning my election in whatever party I contest, because people will vote individuals based on merit, and not the party, in the 2019 general elections.

http://agog.ng/breaking-i-will-contest-against-el-rufai-senator-sehu-sani19113-2/

www.agog.ng

Re: BREAKING: I Will Contest Against El-rufai – Senator Sehu Sani by worlings: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
lalasticlala

fynestboi
Re: BREAKING: I Will Contest Against El-rufai – Senator Sehu Sani by Mynd44: 5:17pm On Jun 18, 2018

(1)

I Did My Beat As Vice President To Obasanjo – Atiku / 100.000bpd Refinery For Katsina / Sir Idiga Felix (JAFAC) Gushes Over His Wife, Ada On Her Golden Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.