Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,380 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

The Fall. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Fall. (355 Views)

Irene Duffy Lynch To Translate Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart To Irish / Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fall. by kunlesehan(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2018
Sunday was Father's Day. I attended The Redeemed church. My wife's church. I am not a member, I attend another.

It was a special Sunday for the fathers; my wife wanted me to come along. It was a big church of about 700 worshippers.

Well, that's not the reason why I'm sharing this...the reason is, immediately after the sermon. There was a special program organized for the Men.

Willing fathers who could do something extra ordinary presentation were told to come out to the podium.. Like a talent showcase.

Few men came out while they get cheered up, my wife urged me to join too. I did.

I was about to climb the stairs then get in the podium when I fell like a baby.
Oh! It was a bad fall. I don't understand why I fell in such manner.

I had once faced almost 3000 seated congregation, I have anchored a program of over 1000 graduates too in YDi

I'm not new to it; so there wasn't a way I would have entertain fear or fright.

I had bruises on my knees and members seated in front ran to pick me up as my wife came looking at me almost with a teary face.

She decided to lead me out of the Auditorium but I refused to go away.
Few gentle men told me to go, treat myself and be okay.
I said "No" my wife said "seriously?"

I went up with the aid of the moderator As I waited for my turn.

Some Fathers are wonderful. They all gave a beautiful presentation and at a point I was wondering if there is a need to give my presentation.

Finally it got to me, I was the last to present.

I took the mic: I said, "I will be reciting the memory verse..."

Some went gurgling and purling..

Then I started. I started from the book of Luke chapter 14: 1-34;
They thought that was all as they applaud.
I started 15: 1-32 finished it. I started 16:1- 31 at a point my eyes were closed.

I haven't finished yet when every single member in that Auditorium stood on their feet.

It was overwhelming..
My wife was just there standing and in Awe.

I learnt to recite that far back from my secondary school El crystal star college.
I was surprised those chapters never went away.

I felt proud.

I'm sharing this story because I've come to realized that in life, there are huddles during our struggles to being a better man/woman.
But no matter how many times we fall, all we have to do is.. Pick ourselves up and do even much more than we are capable of.

The scripture says, " for a man will fall 7 (seven) times; he will rise up again"
Proverb 24: 16

Have you fallen during your struggles?
Are you been mocked because you have once failed?
Are you now discouraged? And have given up and not rising again?

Please, your time is now. Pick yourself up as the only one who is capable of being you is 'You'. No one else will!

I got thrice of the reward and there were worshippers who singlehandedly presented me lovelies...

Arise and shine

Culled from Mr. Akeju's collections

(1) (Reply)

Hello Saturday! It's Another Wedding Party By Tosan Tarre / 21 Days Mindset Change Challenge With Dr Jerry - The First / Believe In Your Pra Pra, Assert Yourself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.